My awesome var only cycle results

aahhhh

aahhhh

Awards
Today was my last day on an 8 week, 60mg/ED Var only cycle. This also happened to be my first cycle. I used this forum extensively for research before starting, so I thought I would share my experiences with everyone.

Where I was coming from:

30yrs
78kg
175cm
13.2% body fat

I had been lifting for several years up to this point, but it had mostly been sport specific, so it wasn't for purposes of bodybuilding (which is now the direction would like to go).

My goal:

This was my first usage of steroids, and I wanted to take it easy. I didn't know how I would react and I didn't want to all of a sudden gain a ton of weight in a week and peek everyones suspicions. I was looking for something that would allow me to steadily build a bit of mass over the course of the cycle and increase my strength (I ended up with that and then some!).

What I took:

Var 60mg ED split dosed. 30mg upon waking, 30mg in the afternoon
creatine
whey
casein
multi-vitamin
Clomid 50mg ED (at PCT only)

What I did:

5-day split in the gym (legs/chest/back/shoulders/arms - Sat/Sun off)
Did a mix of rep ranges (4x12, 5x5, 16/12/10/8/6/12 + 12, 4x8 etc…)
Cardio only consisted of walking briskly for an hour a day in summer heat of Hong Kong
worked out HARD!! Actually had to sit down a number of times because I thought I was going to vomit.
Slept at least 8hrs a night

What I ate:

Extremely clean diet consisting of the usual suspects (chicken, beef, tuna, sashimi, cottage cheese, fruit, oatmeal, almonds etc…). Total cals were above maintenance, though I didn't concern myself with an exact amount, but def not a bulking diet. Carbs were only taken upon waking and pre-workout. Casein was taken before bed with some plain, all natural yogurt (homemade). This was all broken out strategically throughout the day into many meals. I "cheated" once on a sunday where I ate 1/2 bag of pretzels… soooo ****ing good!

How it went:

Started dosing on a Saturday and it was that following Friday (6 days in) that I first started feeling anything. I had the craziest pump all of a sudden during my arm day. It was great! Everyone noticed as well… so much for taking it easy.

It was another week before I saw the scale start to climb. It was after my weekend break when I noticed that I crept over 80kg. That same week I also noticed the vascularity starting to show, especially in the arms and shoulders.

After I started to notice the full effects that second week, everything just continued like that… gaining a little weight here and there, massive pumps, veins coming out everywhere (even my abs), leaning out like I have never seen.

Sides:

The pumps were insane! Even brushing my teeth or wiping my ass… anything repetitive would give me a huge pump. This proved to be problematic in gym only with my lower back. It made legs days very painful and I would have to lay down on the floor between sets. In the end I just put up with it.

Though I could still get a hard-on if I tried, I lost all motivation for sex. Hot girls didn't turn me on anymore. Had some hotties hitting on me, but I couldn't be bothered.

This past week I noticed my nuts shrinking a little.

No issues otherwise.

Final results:

I know a lot of people say a var only cycle is ****, but it gave me just what I wanted. I am now have that ripped athletic look, gained 7kg of lbm WHILE loosing a few percent body fat. However, while strength did go up a little, it wasn't anything to write home about. Final stats:

Weight: 85.7kg
Body fat: 10.8%

Next steps:

Now I am addicted! haha. I am going to recover from this for 2 months or so then run 12 weeks of TestC stacked with some var towards the end.

aahhhh

aahhhh

Awards
What does your pct look like?
Clomid 50mg ED (starting tomorrow)

I have Nolva on hand, but I don't feel it is necessary since Anavar cannot aromatase.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
anavar does not. But the test that your trying to kickstart your body making by taking the clomid DOES.

aahhhh

aahhhh

Awards
anavar does not. But the test that your trying to kickstart your body making by taking the clomid DOES.
Ack! Thanks for letting me know! Everything I found around here said clomid was enough.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would consider some low dose HCg also, kick starting dormant testes are the key to recovery. Clomid, Nolva and the like will help LH/FSH recover quickly but those normally do on their own fairly quickly, about 5 weeks. There was a study of 10 weeks cycle of test then no PCT. LH/FSH were totally recovered by week 5 but test levels didn't recover until week 10 due to dormant testes. If you decide to include HCG you will need a low dose AI (aromatase inhibitor) because HCG will stimulate aromatase in the testes.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Clomid by itself is fine, add in an a.i. On the 3rd week of clomid if you want, id recommend formestane

aahhhh

aahhhh

Awards
Thanks for the feedback guys!

I started the following today:

first 10 days: 100mgs Clomid, 30mgs Nolva
next 20 days: 50mgs Clomid, 20mgs Nolva

aahhhh

aahhhh

Awards
Sorry gents... didn't take any pics this time around :no:

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
on the next test and var run you will be extremely happy. Var alone is decent but at 60mg not so much.

aahhhh

aahhhh

Awards
on the next test and var run you will be extremely happy. Var alone is decent but at 60mg not so much.
Yeah... I'm really looking forward to it. Since I finished the var I have been wanting moar!! Haha

aahhhh

aahhhh

Awards
Quick update.... Started my second week of pct today. Since I finished the var I have dropped down to around 81Kg... Kind of sucks. I have been sticking to the same diet while on cycle, but I probably should have uped it a little after I came off. However, my wife says that my size remained, I have just leaned out... My abs are much tighter. Could this be water weight I am losing? I don't think var stains water.... At least not 5kgs of it. Then again, maybe she is just being nice haha

Also, my balls have regained all their size... From what I can tell haha. I'll still continue the full cycle of pct though.

I haven't felt any sides from the clomid or nolva yet.

controller

controller

Awards
You still monitor this post? I had a couple questions for you