First Cycle - H-Drol: Critique Needed

mcham

Awards
Hey guys,

So I'm going to make this as short and sweet as possible while also including all relevant information about myself and the cycle I intend to run.

Stats
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 220
BF%: Currently ~12-14% (going off of photos I've seen of others)
Experience: 6 Years
1RM Bench: 245
1RM Deadlift: 325

Lifting History
Growing up, I was thin and athletic, but never very strong. Once I got in to college, the freshman 15 quickly turned to the freshman 50. I ballooned from 220 to 270 between the ages of 17 and 19. One day, I looked in the mirror and decided to make a change. As of August 2011, it will be 6 years since I've had a soda or any fast food. When I first started lifting, my max bench was 105 pounds and couldn't do a single pull-up. I got down to about 210 and realized I was skinny-fat and not a whole lot stronger. I started doing research and understanding the science behind health, nutrition and eventually, bodybuilding. Aesthetics are important to me, but I wanted to be healthy. The mental difficulty of "bulking" after having just lost 60 pounds was overwhelming, but I did it. By 23, I had bulked to 230 and subsequently cut back down to 210. I've done this three times now, each time being sure to increase my LBM while lowering my BF. Eventually, I started meeting likeminded people, and recently (last 6-8 months) I've been researching ph's and AAS. Both the concept and the science behind how and why these work intrigue me.

Goals
I'm currently cutting down to 215 before my H-Drol cycle. On cycle, I hope to gain 8-12 pounds of LBM while maintaining a very clean diet. Long term, I would like to be about 225 and 8% BF. Keep in mind that I genetically have a very slow metabolism... so this is an ambitious goal, but I'm going to make it happen.

Cycle Info
Diet: I will be doing a 40/40/20 split on lifting days and low carb on my non-lifting days.
Routine: I will be doing Layne Norton's PHAT Routine as outlined on SimplyShredded.

Pre-Cycle:
2 weeks: Pre-load CEL Cycle Assist and Milk Thistle

On-Cycle:
Halodrol: 50/50/75/75/75/(75) (TBD on whether I will do 5 or 6 weeks)
CEL Cycle Assist

PCT:
Cycle Assist (6 weeks)
Tamox Citrate: 20/20/20/20/10/10
Activate Xtreme (4 weeks)
Lean Xtreme (4 weeks)
Inhibit-E (6 Weeks)
White Flood (new formula)
Creatine

Other
Animal Pak
Fish Oil
ON Whey

QUESTIONS

• I picked up some PCT Assist, but later decided to run Activate Xtreme instead. I have always had GREAT success with test boosters in the past, but do you see any benefit in using one over the other?
  • The tamoxifen I purchased is liquid form and came from one of the advertisers on this website. Is there any benefit of using the liquid Tamox vs. using Nolva in tablet form? (Aside from liquid tasting like crap :))
  • Should I run a test booster for the duration of my PCT? I feel like my PCT could be overkill, but obviously it's better to be safe than sorry.

I appreciate all the feedback you guys are able to give me in advance. I do plan to log this from start to finish and include pictures as well.

Thanks,

mc

LAGear

LAGear

Awards
  • Established
Adding some Taurine for back pumps and Cissus for joints wouldn't be a bad idea.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
QUESTIONS

• I picked up some PCT Assist, but later decided to run Activate Xtreme instead. I have always had GREAT success with test boosters in the past, but do you see any benefit in using one over the other?
  • The tamoxifen I purchased is liquid form and came from one of the advertisers on this website. Is there any benefit of using the liquid Tamox vs. using Nolva in tablet form? (Aside from liquid tasting like crap :))
  • Should I run a test booster for the duration of my PCT? I feel like my PCT could be overkill, but obviously it's better to be safe than sorry.
- Run whichever of the two test boosters you prefer.
- There should be no difference, though I'd always take the pharm grade tabs if given an option (personal preference).
- You can run the test booster for the duration or just cease after a month.

- I'd also cut your SERM from 6 weeks down to 4: 20/20/10/10 should be fine.

mcham

Awards
- Run whichever of the two test boosters you prefer.
- There should be no difference, though I'd always take the pharm grade tabs if given an option (personal preference).
- You can run the test booster for the duration or just cease after a month.

- I'd also cut your SERM from 6 weeks down to 4: 20/20/10/10 should be fine.
Feedback much appreciated!

I'd rather take the pharm grade tabs too, but unfortunately, I'm new to my current location and don't have any of the old contacts that I used to, so international shipping would be expensive.

I guess I had always read that PCT should match the # of weeks that you're on cycle. I'm okay with a shorter one as long as I'm not in danger of risking gyno. I am somewhat predisposed to prepubertal gyno, but it's very mild. I've done all the research re: any additional risks and bottom line was, "Don't be stupid." :)
Adding some Taurine for back pumps and Cissus for joints wouldn't be a bad idea.
For sure. Slipped my mind to mention the Taurine. Already have that on hand. The Cissus I've seen mentioned, but hadn't remembered to pick that up yet. Will make sure to add.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Feedback much appreciated!

I'd rather take the pharm grade tabs too, but unfortunately, I'm new to my current location and don't have any of the old contacts that I used to, so international shipping would be expensive.

I guess I had always read that PCT should match the # of weeks that you're on cycle. I'm okay with a shorter one as long as I'm not in danger of risking gyno. I am somewhat predisposed to prepubertal gyno, but it's very mild. I've done all the research re: any additional risks and bottom line was, "Don't be stupid." :)

For sure. Slipped my mind to mention the Taurine. Already have that on hand. The Cissus I've seen mentioned, but hadn't remembered to pick that up yet. Will make sure to add.
No problem, bro.

For SERM PCT's, I always see them at 4 weeks. No reason to run them longer that I've ever seen or am aware of. Now the other stuff, you can certainly run longer. Some people jump on the natty test booster as soon as PCT starts, others wait until a week or 2 in to start it. Kudos on doing your homework, btw.

mcham

Awards
No problem, bro.

For SERM PCT's, I always see them at 4 weeks. No reason to run them longer that I've ever seen or am aware of. Now the other stuff, you can certainly run longer. Some people jump on the natty test booster as soon as PCT starts, others wait until a week or 2 in to start it. Kudos on doing your homework, btw.
Thanks for the reps and again, for the advice.

I forgot to ask too... see a lot of folks who are jumping on the DAA bandwagon. I've been following DAA since it first becoming "all the rage" about a year ago and gave TestForce2 a shot back in December when I ran it for 6 weeks, but honestly didn't see any difference with it than I did on any of my other bulks. Are there additional benefits when using with PCT as opposed to using it by itself?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are there additional benefits when using with PCT as opposed to using it by itself?
I don't think so. For me, that stuff gets my libido raging, so I know that's why I'd want it in PCT. But if you didn't notice anything from it, you could try another source, but otherwise just scrap it.

mcham

Awards
I don't think so. For me, that stuff gets my libido raging, so I know that's why I'd want it in PCT. But if you didn't notice anything from it, you could try another source, but otherwise just scrap it.
I guess I'll keep it in mind if it murders my libido. Can always pick it up later. No biggie.

Seriously appreciate the help man. Lookin forward to gettin this started. July 17th is when I start. Again, will make sure to log!

gus.medrano

Awards
agree w the 4 week serm 20/20/10/10
also, preload the cissus/fish oil for the joints....that way they'll be ready!

also, many have reported mixing the liquid nolva into juice to ease that nasty taste...not a lot...more of a shot (in a shot glass).

mcham

Awards
agree w the 4 week serm 20/20/10/10
also, preload the cissus/fish oil for the joints....that way they'll be ready!

also, many have reported mixing the liquid nolva into juice to ease that nasty taste...not a lot...more of a shot (in a shot glass).
Yeah, I intend on using OJ as a chaser. I've read that mixing it might diminish the effectiveness. To be honest, I never read any scientific evidence supporting that, but I also didn't search for it. Could be BS. Maybe not. I'll just man up and shoot it in the back of my throat and not risk it :)

Enric

Awards
I'm starting an Hdrol cycle soon as well and can't decide on whether or not to do a 6th week. What are you going to base your 6th week choice on?

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
I ran 100mg of helladrol stacked with 300mg of a non-methyl and had no sides. Libido was fine. I'm sure my lipids and cholesterol are whacked but that's why you take proper cycle support while on and in post cycle. Had slight shutdown too. Honestly I would say bump your dosages up. You aren't stacking and I think 6 weeks would be beneficial.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm starting an Hdrol cycle soon as well and can't decide on whether or not to do a 6th week. What are you going to base your 6th week choice on?
I'm not sure I know what exactly you're asking. Are you just wanting to know how to decide whether or not to go a 6th week? If that's the case, it's just a matter of you're planning. I wouldn't do anything beyond a 6th week on an oral, though.

Enric

Awards
I'm not sure I know what exactly you're asking. Are you just wanting to know how to decide whether or not to go a 6th week? If that's the case, it's just a matter of you're planning. I wouldn't do anything beyond a 6th week on an oral, though.
Yes sorry was a little tired when i wrote that post. I've seen people go up to 100mg but is that ideal for the first PH cycle?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes sorry was a little tired when i wrote that post. I've seen people go up to 100mg but is that ideal for the first PH cycle?
No worries, bro. As far as dosing is concerned, it's all about how you feel and what you notice. You always ramp up slowly, but you decide to increase based on pros vs. cons. If you're not noticing much good or bad, up it. If you're noticing horrible sides, obviously leave it be or ditch it. If you're experiencing great effects and no sides, it's up to you to decide if it's worth risking good progress by taking the increase.

Enric

Awards
Thanks man sorry for the mini hijack MC. I'll def be checking out your log of this :)

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
you can drop the cycle assist in PCT
and dont run inhibit longer than 6 weeks
2/1/1/1 EOD is fine

mcham

Awards
Thanks man sorry for the mini hijack MC. I'll def be checking out your log of this :)
Waiting a couple weeks to start the log. I'm writing everythign down and want to see something to report before I actually report out.

I'm still a little unsure of how I'm going to do my PCT. I picked up some DAA, so now I've got PCT Assist, Activate Xtreme and DAA. Haha! I've also got Nolva (liquid) and Inhibit e. Obviously it just depends on which one I decide to go with. I bumped up to 75mg in the 2nd week since I've experienced zero sides. Been at that for four days now and honestly, still haven't noticed much.

Will start the log on Friday (start of 3rd week of the cycle) and will PM you then.

Also, intending on only gonig 5 weeks as I've got a tripped planned that would conflict with my PCT if I went six. Such is life. Just means I have to do this again in the winter :)