New SARMS S-4 Log for an MMA Fighter: Part 2

rospina

rospina

Awards
Well it's been a long time since I have logged anything on this site, or even checked it in a while. Things have gone very well since the last time I took S4 back in July/August. Those of you who kept up with my thread saw my gains in regards to strength and cardiovascular conditioning. Since then I have gone undefeated, I am ranked #1 in my weight division in the state (I will keep all of that info anonymous), and am looking to fight a new, bigger and stronger opponent in May.

For this reason, I will be taking another cycle of s4, and I will be logging all about it for everyone's entertainment. I will be dosing 30mg twice a day again, one before every work out (strength/conditioning in the morning, team training in the evening). Once again, I'm always open to advice, so please let me know what you guys think. Current supplements include:
-s4
-100% whey protein
-BCAA Aminos (xtend)
-Fish oil
-and a VERY CLEAN DIET (almost paleo, with some minor adjustments)

I will be posting more details later. Please let me know what you guys think. I started the cycle yesterday, so I will give some details on how my week is going in couple of days.

neverstop

Awards
  • Established
wow man, that seems like pretty high dose. Any reason you chose S4 over Osta?

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm in for this...going to give S4 a go soon myself. Interested in how this goes!!

rospina

rospina

Awards
That is the same dose I ran the last time I did a log, and it was successful. No blind spots at all last time, and today is my second day taking it and I didn't see any spots. The weather hasn't been great though, so I'm curious to see what it's like on a sunny day (I always wear sunglasses though).

I am taking s4 simply cuz it's the one i took last time so i have experience with it. I heard Osta may cause some weight gain, which I don't want at all. Anybody have any experience with osta? I'm curious about it, maybe something I can do in the offseason

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed for this for sure.

Very interested to follow along and learn.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ostarine has been great for me. I've stayed about the same weight after dropping the water weight in PCT, and have lowered bodyfat a decent amount.

I ran 25mg first week, and have been at 12.5mg since...

the GUNSHOW

the GUNSHOW

Awards
  • Established
to bad this stuff is like 150$ for a
Month of it :/

rospina

rospina

Awards
LOL, HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU GET IT FOR 20??? In my opinion it is worth every cent, oh and btw, for those wondering, I'm using the same one as the last time from sarmssearch.com. I've done plenty of research (being an exercise physiology/neuromuscular physiology graduate), and the fact that s4 works as good as it does with minimal side effects, especially to the organs, makes it worth it to me.

As far as Osta is concerned, I've never tried it nor done the research. What are yall's opinions? Especially for an MMA fighter who'se looking to get stronger/leaner, but not bigger/heavier. I've heard stacking the two is great, I may do that after my fight in my offseason to see how it works. I currently fight at 145, but when I go pro 135 will becoem my new home, so I'm also interested in staying strong but cutting down in weight.

Sorry for the tangent guys. Now, the cycle is not even a week in, so any effects in my opinion would be placebo at this point. I am happy to report that i have had no vision side effects, probably because i'm keeping the dosage low and because I'm taking Billberry as well. I added a new supplement to the list, BCAA's for during my lifting sessions. I do, however, feel more aggressive, but that may also be because I know I'm fighting soon so I tend to be meaner when that happens.

****If you guys want, I can post my workouts for the week so you can see what my training weeks look like and what I supplement and when*** I can do this on Sunday, so just let me know by then. Thanks for reading guys!!

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
I read log where the guy dosed 50 than 100 than 150. Vision sides very bad at 100+

Otherwise just a minimal yellow hue. I can live with that. Goodluck bro, you should get some good results Also toss in creatine to hold strength on lower cals

junkyarddogzz

junkyarddogzz

Awards
  • Established
LOL, HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU GET IT FOR 20??? In my opinion it is worth every cent, oh and btw, for those wondering, I'm using the same one as the last time from sarmssearch.com. I've done plenty of research (being an exercise physiology/neuromuscular physiology graduate), and the fact that s4 works as good as it does with minimal side effects, especially to the organs, makes it worth it to me.

As far as Osta is concerned, I've never tried it nor done the research. What are yall's opinions? Especially for an MMA fighter who'se looking to get stronger/leaner, but not bigger/heavier. I've heard stacking the two is great, I may do that after my fight in my offseason to see how it works. I currently fight at 145, but when I go pro 135 will becoem my new home, so I'm also interested in staying strong but cutting down in weight.

Sorry for the tangent guys. Now, the cycle is not even a week in, so any effects in my opinion would be placebo at this point. I am happy to report that i have had no vision side effects, probably because i'm keeping the dosage low and because I'm taking Billberry as well. I added a new supplement to the list, BCAA's for during my lifting sessions. I do, however, feel more aggressive, but that may also be because I know I'm fighting soon so I tend to be meaner when that happens.

****If you guys want, I can post my workouts for the week so you can see what my training weeks look like and what I supplement and when*** I can do this on Sunday, so just let me know by then. Thanks for reading guys!!
I feel the s4 would be better for an MMA fighter.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is there any liver toxicity with sarms
Based on the blood work that's come back from users that I've seen, it appears to be negligible.

junkyarddogzz

junkyarddogzz

Awards
  • Established
S4?!

More like $20 a month ;)
Get what you pay for, the one company that was selling the stuff cheap was just exposed for stealing their lab test and website info from a reputable supplier site...word for word.. Some guys were reporting gyno for that brand, thats because its not what it supposed to be. Prob spiking it with a cheaper compound.

gtg is garbage.

Hey bro, are you more of a stand up fighter or a ground guy? How did your last win come by?

rospina

rospina

Awards
Get what you pay for, the one company that was selling the stuff cheap was just exposed for stealing their lab test and website info from a reputable supplier site...word for word.. Some guys were reporting gyno for that brand, thats because its not what it supposed to be. Prob spiking it with a cheaper compound.

gtg is garbage.

Hey bro, are you more of a stand up fighter or a ground guy? How did your last win come by?
I agree, I'd rather pay more money and be guaranteed that what I am getting is truly legit.

As far as my fighting style, I firmly believe in being equally well rounded everywhere. I started MMA with absolutely no background in combat sports, so I've learned everything equally since day one. My striking (boxing esp) and jits are my strongpoints, but I work at everything. I lucked out because I'm surrounded by very talented wrestlers, and my wrestling (which is one of the hardest to learn IMO) is decent especially for the level I'm currently competing at.

My first fight I won by submission (arm triangle 2nd round), and I won the second one by Unanimous Decision. These are both amateur, so I've got quite a ways to go.

What about you? Do you train? Compete?

rospina

rospina

Awards
It's been a week since I began the cycle/training camp, and I now remember why I loved this **** so much!! I've never been too concerned with numbers in the weight room, I prefer to measure my strength indirectly by evaluating how strong I feel against my training partners. But I hit a PR on my deadlift yesterday that caught both my strenght coach and I completely by surprise. My best 1RM on deadlift was 320 (and I haven't max'd since sometime in Jan due to a back injury), and I got 345 twice yesterday!

Once again, placebo effect or not, I don't give a f***! I see results when I take this ****. I won't max out again until after my fight now to prevent overtraining. But that was def a confidence booster.

On the menu today: Anaerobic sled circuit at 11 a.m., NoGi bjj at 5. I might find the time to hit the pool in between if I'm lucky :)

junkyarddogzz

junkyarddogzz

Awards
  • Established
I agree, I'd rather pay more money and be guaranteed that what I am getting is truly legit.

As far as my fighting style, I firmly believe in being equally well rounded everywhere. I started MMA with absolutely no background in combat sports, so I've learned everything equally since day one. My striking (boxing esp) and jits are my strongpoints, but I work at everything. I lucked out because I'm surrounded by very talented wrestlers, and my wrestling (which is one of the hardest to learn IMO) is decent especially for the level I'm currently competing at.

My first fight I won by submission (arm triangle 2nd round), and I won the second one by Unanimous Decision. These are both amateur, so I've got quite a ways to go.

What about you? Do you train? Compete?
Been training for about 5 years, I have had any Amateur fight. Its not my calling, but I love the sport. I just like to roll these days. To old to get punched in the face everyday :fool2:

Keep the log coming man, great stuff and godspeed on the fight bro.

Are you happy about the strike-force UFC merger?

rospina

rospina

Awards
Been training for about 5 years, I have had any Amateur fight. Its not my calling, but I love the sport. I just like to roll these days. To old to get punched in the face everyday :fool2:

Keep the log coming man, great stuff and godspeed on the fight bro.

Are you happy about the strike-force UFC merger?
Nice man! I actually never had intentions of fighting and was slightly peer pressured into it (i was curious, but hesitant). I've been addicted since then. I'm def happy about the merger, it helped out a few friends of mine as well, lol not many ammy's get to say they train or have trained with UFC fighters on a daily basis.
Honestly for me it's one fight at a time, I enjoy training everyday and competing is just another outlet/goal to reach for. Training is most important for me as well.

beastybean

beastybean

Awards
  • Established

gtg is garbage.

he's not talking about GTG

Dr.Lang

Dr.Lang

Banned
Awards

Im use he same brand sarms you do, hands down the best.

I actually saw my first live UFC a few months back in Louisville Kentucky. The main event did not disappoint! Wow, what a back and forth brawl.

rospina

rospina

Awards
Im use he same brand sarms you do, hands down the best.

I actually saw my first live UFC a few months back in Louisville Kentucky. The main event did not disappoint! Wow, what a back and forth brawl.
Damn i'm jealous man! I still haven't been to one. Who was the main event at the one you went to?

rospina

rospina

Awards
Almost 3 weeks since I started taking this and it's definitely working. I won't know if my numbers are going up since I won't be doing any max lifts from here until the fight, but my endurance is through the roof. I'm out-wrestling guys in the room that are both bigger than me, and better wrestlers; this to me signifies that I have more strength in some way shape or form simply because I'm beating technique in some situations with raw strength (so yes, I've been guilty for 'muscling' instead of being technical...but **** it, I have a fight coming up!)
It's a beautiful day outside so I'm going to hit a light saturday workout (some padwork with light 'clinch with hits' since I'm fighting a wrestler), and then follow it up with some active recovery at the pool.
I will post more details about my week later tonight or tomorrow when I have some free time to sit in front of the computer for a bit.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Almost 3 weeks since I started taking this and it's definitely working. I won't know if my numbers are going up since I won't be doing any max lifts from here until the fight, but my endurance is through the roof. I'm out-wrestling guys in the room that are both bigger than me, and better wrestlers; this to me signifies that I have more strength in some way shape or form simply because I'm beating technique in some situations with raw strength (so yes, I've been guilty for 'muscling' instead of being technical...but **** it, I have a fight coming up!)
It's a beautiful day outside so I'm going to hit a light saturday workout (some padwork with light 'clinch with hits' since I'm fighting a wrestler), and then follow it up with some active recovery at the pool.
I will post more details about my week later tonight or tomorrow when I have some free time to sit in front of the computer for a bit.
Sounds like things are going great for you, man! Enjoy the workout and the pool.

rospina

rospina

Awards
Just enjoyed a relaxing weekend of active recovery (padwork, light cardio, rehab/stretching), laying by the pool, and resting. Definitely feeling recovered already, and can't wait to start another training week. I am now about a month out before my fight, and I'm feeling great. I could fight tomorrow if I was asked to.

The strength and conditioning program will now change since I'm a month out. I will not be lifting for strength (5 reps or less, 85% 1RM) or focusing on hypertrophy anymore. Now speed and anaerobic conditioning will play a larger role. I will also increase padwork/technique work, and my conditioning circuits will become harder leading up to the week before the fight; I will then taper the routine and recover the week of the fight.

I'm looking forward to this last month; the month before the fight is always the best IMO. I enjoy the grind, watching footage and developing a strategy, and preparing myself mentally. I'm also curious to see what the experience is like while taking s4 since I did not take it for my previous fights. As I get closer I may need some help in regards to dosing recommendations, especially the week of the fight. But we'll get to that as the time approaches.

Thanks for keeping up with the log guys. I always appreciate the advice and feedback! Also, I just got home from seeing "Your Highness," and if stupid humor is your thing, then this movie is right up your alley. I spent the entire time laughing my ass off. I def recommend it!

FubarFit

Awards
Good luck man, like this log a lot and that tattoo. Can't wait to hear how this goes.

rospina

rospina

Awards
We just got 3 new prowlers at the gym yesterday....I already thought regular sleds were tough, these things really suck though. You have to really get low to push them, it's actually excruciating (hope i spelled that right), even with light weight. Today's circuit (at 11 a.m.) consisted of five stations, 1 minute each:
1. Push prowler (high stance) w/ 45 lb. plate
2. Farmer's walk with shrug (60 lbs. dumbells each hand, w/ fat grip)
3. Big tire flip
4. Rope pull (battle rope tied to sled, had to run all the way 'till the rope was fully extended then pull the sled all the way to me)
5. Push prowler (low stance) w/ 45 lb. plate
Rest: 1 minute
Repeat 3 times (next week 4 times, but probably a different circuit)

It is amazing how much harder I have to push now that I have a real strength and conditioning coach on my ass, screaming at me. My heart rate reached a max of 188 bpm during the last round. I was back to 129 bpm within 1 minute, and I was standing instead of sitting. I think I'm in pretty good shape for a 3 x 3 min round fight, lol.

I still have 4 weeks, so I'm going to make the best of it. There's no reason why I can't get in better shape. As I said before, things will keep ramping up until the week before my fight.

All I can say is that this **** IS FREAKIN' AWESOME. I feel a huge difference in my cardio and recovery. I feel like sh** towards the end of the round, but I recover quickly. I also managed to push very hard during tonight's jiu jitsu workout (5:30-7 p.m.). Adequate nutrition, rest, and s4 seem to be working perfectly for me right now.

4 weeks left, this kid's in trouble.....

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds like it's working great for you, man! Glad to hear it!

rospina

rospina

Awards
oh yea, jits workout tonight:
2 warm up open guard rounds - 1 round bottom, 1 round top. Top man must pass, bottom man must retain guard and look to sweep or submit. More of a flow instead of competitive.
2 'Live' open guard rounds (switch top bottom each round) - very competitive
4 Live rounds

Each round was 5 minutes, 1 min break in between rounds which consisted of jogging in a circle...so much for resting right?

bird901

Awards
Lookin good. Keep it up. I'm on day 5 of s4. I like the energy I get, but that's all I notice so far.

rospina

rospina

Awards
Today is the beginning of the 3 hardest weeks left in my camp. I felt great last week, but most of the workout were tapered back since many of my training partners are fighting this week. I pretty much get a one-on-one with my s&c coach, which is exciting yet terrifying at the same time.
As far as strength or recover I feel great. Yesterday, (which is usually my rest day) one of my training partners asked if I could be a part of an "iron man" drill for him. We basically get 3 people who fit the style of the opponent (myself included), and go in fresh for each round. It's a mock fight, so we use little gloves, and throw with a little pop and speed, but no real power. It's full on MMA, and the goal is to push him until he breaks, and then push him some more.
Considering I trained 7 straight days, I feel great. I feel as if I had rested both Saturday and Sunday. Normally I'd be sore as hell today, but nothing really hurts (other than some minor ticks), and I feel fresh. I hit pads this morning and barely got winded (5x5 min rounds)
I will be blogging more often with details of my training and how I feel, since my work schedule has been cut back. Thanks again everyone for keeping up. Expect a new post again tonight

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad you're feeling good, still, man. Kill it these next 3 weeks!

rospina

rospina

Awards
We ran a very simple MMA class today. 6 x 3 min rounds that consisted of drilling (punch-shots) and light offense/defense. 2 x 3 min rounds of MMA clinch w/ takedowns. 2 x 3 min rounds of "jits with hits" (or ground and pound). We kept the strikes fairly light for the clinch and ground rounds since we used 4 oz. gloves.

I stayed after and sparred 3 x 3 min MMA rounds (with the small gloves). We laid off the power and focused on speed and movement. Felt great the whole time and should have plenty of energy for tomorrow (I'll need it).

Anaerobic circuit in the morning (most likely sleds....), and grappling in the evening.

junkyarddogzz

junkyarddogzz

Awards
  • Established
Do you notice anymore power when sparing? Great log dude.

Pro_MAX

Pro_MAX

Awards
We ran a very simple MMA class today. 6 x 3 min rounds that consisted of drilling (punch-shots) and light offense/defense. 2 x 3 min rounds of MMA clinch w/ takedowns. 2 x 3 min rounds of "jits with hits" (or ground and pound). We kept the strikes fairly light for the clinch and ground rounds since we used 4 oz. gloves.

I stayed after and sparred 3 x 3 min MMA rounds (with the small gloves). We laid off the power and focused on speed and movement. Felt great the whole time and should have plenty of energy for tomorrow (I'll need it).

Anaerobic circuit in the morning (most likely sleds....), and grappling in the evening.

Ive been training MMA for over a year. I plan on having a fight in the next 3 months. Do you recomend the s4 for over all strength gain? also do you see any extra aggresion?????

I know 2 guys at my gym that are running it now. They prefer it over roids due it not being tested for.

Thanks
Pro

FubarFit

Awards
Im on my second week of osta and havent experienced any aggresion only size strength and muscle hardening I have been eating more and it seems like its just all turning into muscle its great.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ive been training MMA for over a year. I plan on having a fight in the next 3 months. Do you recomend the s4 for over all strength gain? also do you see any extra aggresion?????

I know 2 guys at my gym that are running it now. They prefer it over roids due it not being tested for.

Thanks
Pro
My general understanding and what I've read from user reviews is that the S4 is more androgenic and will provide more of the aggression (will also lean itself toward leaning better than adding mass). The OSTA MK-2866, on the other hand, is more anabolic and is seen to help with slow, solid mass gains, muscle hardening and can lean users out to an extent as well. I would recommend the OSTA for PCT type situations over S4.

Im on my second week of osta and havent experienced any aggresion only size strength and muscle hardening I have been eating more and it seems like its just all turning into muscle its great.
:D

rospina

rospina

Awards
Do you notice anymore power when sparing? Great log dude.
I'm not much of a power puncher, so I've always relied more on speed, movement, and placement. I do, however, have more pop at the end of my punches, and I'm def more explosive. I'm moving in and out of the pocket much quicker, so I would assume that my fast twitch muscles are activating more efficiently.
I def feel the cardio improvement, I can push at a much higher pace for longer. It's reflective in both my circuits and in sparring.

Last edited:
rospina

rospina

Awards
My general understanding and what I've read from user reviews is that the S4 is more androgenic and will provide more of the aggression (will also lean itself toward leaning better than adding mass). The OSTA MK-2866, on the other hand, is more anabolic and is seen to help with slow, solid mass gains, muscle hardening and can lean users out to an extent as well. I would recommend the OSTA for PCT type situations over S4.

:D
I chose s4 because I wanted strength gains, but I didn't want to gain weight. I probably won't take OSTA because I'm the heaviest I want to be. At some point I'm dropping to bantamweight, so I'll stick to s4. I'd still be curious to see what a stack, or cycle/pct would do.

Pro_MAX

Pro_MAX

Awards
I've never been much of a power puncher, so I've always been more of a speed and placement type of striker. I do, however, have more pop at the end of my punches, and I'm def more explosive. I'm moving in and out of the pocket much quicker, so I would assume that my fast twitch muscles are activating more efficiently.
I def feel the cardio improvement, I can push at a much higher pace for longer. It's reflective in both my circuits and in sparring.
Thats what I need bro, I little more power at the end of my punches.

rospina

rospina

Awards
Last night was very intense, but I managed to get through the entire workout and not feel completely drained. We did 9 x 5 minute rounds with 1 min rest in between. 3 rounds of kickboxing w/ clinch (big gloves - so we punch w/ more power); 3 rounds kickboxing w/ take downs (little gloves - focus on speed, if taken down then work to get back up immediately); and 3 rounds of "jits w/ hits."
I didn't feel overly drained after practice and recovered well after a good night sleep. I killed the circuit this morning, which surprised me. 3 x 5 min rounds, 1 min rest. Each round had 10 x 30 second stations:
1. Sprint 10.5 mph @ 2% incline
2. 20 lb. medicine ball slams
3. Landmine punches (15 seconds per arm)
4. TRX recline rows (feet propped up on a box)
5. Airdyne bike >70 rpm
6. Battle ropes (any variation)
7. Shoot and lift (w/ a partner)
8. Wall walks (while holding a 25 lb plate)
9. Sprint 7.5 mph @ 10% incline
10. Toe taps (a quick-feet type of drill)

After I finished the 10th station in the third round, I repeated the 6th and 10th station (30 sec each), and shadow boxed for 30 more sec. My lungs never gave out, felt some muscle fatigue, but nothing that slowed me down. Looking forward to napping (it's my day off work) and grappling at 5:30.

3 more weeks 'till showtime.....

Last edited:
rospina

rospina

Awards
Thats what I need bro, I little more power at the end of my punches.
I've had to rely on just working the basics. For me, I've found that I have to be as technical as possible. My straight punches come right down the pipe, my palms face me as I extend and I turn my punches over at the end. Loose until impact, and I recoil immediately.
It's the very old-school style of boxing approach. My hooks are tight, and I use them when in range, but i rely on straight punches and head movement more. Short guys get picked apart of they only rely on hooks. A short guy who can disguise his power hook is more dangerous.
I'm still trying to figure out the chess game...

s4 has helped me become stronger (in regards to strength training), therefore when I contract during a strike there is more power (due to increased force from increase muscle recruitment). But I'll never be heavy handed, I'll always have to rely on technique and out-smarting.

Pro_MAX

Pro_MAX

Awards
I've had to rely on just working the basics. For me, I've found that I have to be as technical as possible. My straight punches come right down the pipe, my palms face me as I extend and I turn my punches over at the end. Loose until impact, and I recoil immediately.
It's the very old-school style of boxing approach. My hooks are tight, and I use them when in range, but i rely on straight punches and head movement more. Short guys get picked apart of they only rely on hooks. A short guy who can disguise his power hook is more dangerous.
I'm still trying to figure out the chess game...

s4 has helped me become stronger (in regards to strength training), therefore when I contract during a strike there is more power (due to increased force from increase muscle recruitment). But I'll never be heavy handed, I'll always have to rely on technique and out-smarting.
Thanks the response, you seem to really know the game, Im still working on my all around game. My kicks are really good, but they alway see, to leave me open for the takedown. :ponder:

GSP or Sheilds?

junkyarddogzz

junkyarddogzz

Awards
  • Established
Thanks the response, you seem to really know the game, Im still working on my all around game. My kicks are really good, but they alway see, to leave me open for the takedown. :ponder:

GSP or Sheilds?
GSP all day

onlyone

Awards
Any vision problems at all so far? Do you still dose 50mg? Split it or all at ones?

Thanks, good log!

rospina

rospina

Awards

GSP or Sheilds?
I've barely began to brush the surface of understanding the chess game that is MMA. The first part is dissecting the arts (at least the useful aspects of each one, that works best for your body type and MMA), the next part is putting it together. A lot of trial and error.
Funny thing, my training partners keep cracking jokes saying "you have to be the first person that decided to start training your leg kicks more when taking on a wrestler!" I guess I'm crazy.

GSP btw, just because he is more well-rounded. Shields might be better wants they hit the ground, but he has no stand up (which sets up the shot), and you're not gonna get GSP on his back with a "naked" shot.

But the beauty of MMA is I could be absolutely wrong, and Shields could land that one random, well placed punch, that ends everythign in a split second. I still stand by GSP though lol