Milk Thistle hurts gains on cycle?

rayactr2k6

rayactr2k6

Awards
I've heard that milk thistle can hurt gains? I don't want to destroy my liver, so what do I do about liver protection for my SD?

syphon80

Awards
AndroShred (sd) clone comes with 325mg of milk thistle, plus im taking 2x 5ml of liver juice daily, I thought that it was just a myth.
I mean I took Liver juice with both my Hdrol cycles and got some nice gains on both cycles.

bakerderek0

bakerderek0

Awards
  • Established
The theory is that mt makes your ph/as less potent. A common solution is to dose milk thistle in between ph/as doses. Not at the same time and separate the two as much as possible.

rayactr2k6

rayactr2k6

Awards
The theory is that mt makes your ph/as less potent. A common solution is to dose milk thistle in between ph/as doses. Not at the same time and separate the two as much as possible.
Ok cool thats what I was thinking about doing. I've also heard you can load it pre-cycle, go off it during, and get back on for PCT. Would this be less advisable?

bakerderek0

bakerderek0

Awards
  • Established
Yes, preloading is smart. Not only for mt, but Hawthorne is shown to first increase bp before it lowers bp. I assume your gonna use cycle support or cycle assist. I would preload for 1 week.

rayactr2k6

rayactr2k6

Awards
Yes, preloading is smart. Not only for mt, but Hawthorne is shown to first increase bp before it lowers bp. I assume your gonna use cycle support or cycle assist. I would preload for 1 week.
I'm actually about done with my cycle. I took mt, hawthorne, and saw palmetto for cycle support. I stopped seeing gains, so I stopped the mt about a week ago and started seeing gains faster than i did during the rest of my cycle. for my next cycle i wanted to avoid any inhibition of the ph while still maintaining a healthy liver.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
:goodpost:

MT does not hurt your cycle but it counter acts your ph therefore making it less effective, as a general rule take mt 4-5 hrs after your last dose and again with your pre bed supps

rayactr2k6

rayactr2k6

Awards
:goodpost:

MT does not hurt your cycle but it counter acts your ph therefore making it less effective, as a general rule take mt 4-5 hrs after your last dose and again with your pre bed supps
i take my ph 5-6 hours apart. So would i ideally want to take mt on the 4th hour and my next dose of ph on the 6th hour? or should i take mt on the 5th hour and the ph on the 6th hour?

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
take mt 4-5 hrs after your last dose and again with your pre bed supps

ward5742

ward5742

Awards
  • Established
just pop all your milk thistle before bed like I did

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Yes it does, by inhibiting function of the AR receptor.
There are some studies available, by a quick search i just found one.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11532861
Good find, I knew of the science behind this but wasn't going to go through the trouble to find the study, haha! Reps coming your way.

P-Choline along with NAC are two ingredients I rely heavily upon during cycles to keep the liver functioning at its best, and I also try not to dose at the same time as oral drugs.

rayactr2k6

rayactr2k6

Awards
so should i invest in these other liver protectants instead of milk thistle? is there any evidence that suggests that they can block androgen receptors as well?

rayactr2k6

rayactr2k6

Awards
Good find, I knew of the science behind this but wasn't going to go through the trouble to find the study, haha! Reps coming your way.

P-Choline along with NAC are two ingredients I rely heavily upon during cycles to keep the liver functioning at its best, and I also try not to dose at the same time as oral drugs.
is P-Choline the same as Phosphocholine? and NAC N-acetylcysteine?

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
is P-Choline the same as Phosphocholine? and NAC N-acetylcysteine?
Yes sir :) I buy 'in bulk' you could say, by getting encapsulated stand-alone from a company that OFTEN appears in the banners here. You can find bulk online at various websites, which I also can't mention (grrrr), but unless you have a capping machine and a few extra hours to devote to it, I'd just buy the pills :)

Yaz

Yaz

Awards

Thanks for the reps !

IMHO the top liver protection is TUDCA & UDCA by far.

rayactr2k6

rayactr2k6

Awards
Yes sir :) I buy 'in bulk' you could say, by getting encapsulated stand-alone from a company that OFTEN appears in the banners here. You can find bulk online at various websites, which I also can't mention (grrrr), but unless you have a capping machine and a few extra hours to devote to it, I'd just buy the pills :)
how much does P-Choline usually cost? NAC is cheap from what i have found, but the P-choline i found is like 40 bucks

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
how much does P-Choline usually cost? NAC is cheap from what i have found, but the P-choline i found is like 40 bucks
1,200mg, 100 softgels, $8.00. Once again as always because of the rules on the board, I'm unable to link you to it.

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
My current supplement say 4 caps- twice a day, maybe i should just limit it to 4 caps pre-bed and keep it up longer into post cycle...

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
LCLT = L-Carnitine L-tartrate?
Yes sir! There are about four websites carrying it in bulk form around the 'net, or you can buy NOW Food's version in the 3oz little containers, as it's the patented Carnipure from Lonza.

rayactr2k6

rayactr2k6

Awards
Yes sir! There are about four websites carrying it in bulk form around the 'net, or you can buy NOW Food's version in the 3oz little containers, as it's the patented Carnipure from Lonza.
awesome thx for the info man. do u know anything about DAA? ive heard alotta people mention it as either cycle assist or PCT assist

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
awesome thx for the info man. do u know anything about DAA? ive heard alotta people mention it as either cycle assist or PCT assist
Yes, I've used it and researched it quite a bit. I'm torn regarding the side effects to be weary of, such as the excitotoxicity and the possible prolactin increase. I would think as long as the user is mega-dosing (more than 10g per day) for months on end WITHOUT the use of prolactin intervention, neither of those issues should be a concern. But... like so much in this realm of science and supplementation, it's only an educated guess.

rayactr2k6

rayactr2k6

Awards
Yes, I've used it and researched it quite a bit. I'm torn regarding the side effects to be weary of, such as the excitotoxicity and the possible prolactin increase. I would think as long as the user is mega-dosing (more than 10g per day) for months on end WITHOUT the use of prolactin intervention, neither of those issues should be a concern. But... like so much in this realm of science and supplementation, it's only an educated guess.
From what Ive heard it helps alot with the whole hypogonadism thing as well as libido and psychological effects of coming off a steroid. If this is all true, i think itd be a good investment.

I'm thinking about extending my cycle a week because I feel like i spent too much of my cycle taking milk thistle WITH my PH. Would it be a bad idea to make it a 5 week cycle instead of a 4 week cycle?

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
NACL for liver protection better than milk thistle anyways imo

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
I'm thinking about extending my cycle a week because I feel like i spent too much of my cycle taking milk thistle WITH my PH. Would it be a bad idea to make it a 5 week cycle instead of a 4 week cycle?
Never a bad thing to extend your cycle... but then again, I'm just a big fan of upping the dose and extending the duration ;)

rayactr2k6

rayactr2k6

Awards
Never a bad thing to extend your cycle... but then again, I'm just a big fan of upping the dose and extending the duration ;)
Ok cool. I have enuf in my bottle for an extra five days so ill just be able to finish off the bottle with that. If I could get to 210 with those extra few days id be happy

MarBaSxx

MarBaSxx

Awards
  • Established
i think using liver protection year around is a good idea...i take 1000 mg of milk thistle daily

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
i think using liver protection year around is a good idea...i take 1000 mg of milk thistle daily
As long as you're not taking anything anabolic, this should be fine, and prudent.

raptor20561

Awards
what about Synthergine for liver support?

I heard it is practically the best stand alone liver support on oral cycles. But then again, everyone is trying to sell something, right?

MarBaSxx

MarBaSxx

Awards
  • Established
what about Synthergine for liver support?

I heard it is practically the best stand alone liver support on oral cycles. But then again, everyone is trying to sell something, right?
There just trying to sell stuff at pro muscle..I like liv52

TehProdigy

TehProdigy

Awards
  • Established
Very interesting, I wish I would have known this earlier. Would it be fine to just dose all at once? Sayy just before bed?

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Very interesting, I wish I would have known this earlier. Would it be fine to just dose all at once? Sayy just before bed?
bump for an answer to this. It's a good question.

TehProdigy

TehProdigy

Awards
  • Established
bump for an answer to this. It's a good question.
Yes, just wondering if i should possibly take twice a day and split the dosing? and if i split dosing of thistle, how far apart from PH should it be?

raptor20561

Awards
A common solution is to dose milk thistle in between ph/as doses. Not at the same time and separate the two as much as possible.

There's your answer.

If you insist on taking milk thistle twice a day as opposed to once, space it out as far as possible (during waking hours, unless you enjoy waking up in the middle of the night to take milk thistle) from whatever orals.

MarBaSxx

MarBaSxx

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I run orals every other month and during.my month off use liv52 and milk thistle

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
I like using forged liver support,
milkthistle when finished orals and nac when i can while on orals.

TehProdigy

TehProdigy

Awards
  • Established
There's your answer.

If you insist on taking milk thistle twice a day as opposed to once, space it out as far as possible (during waking hours, unless you enjoy waking up in the middle of the night to take milk thistle) from whatever orals.
So it would be best to just load up on milk thistle at night then right?