Shutdown

Jack51

Awards
Hi guys,

I just finished a 6 week cycle of H-drol and had a question about shutdown. I've read that one may not shut down on H-drol, but others say that 6 weeks of a steroid will definitely shut you down. I figured that shutdown was the rule, but during the cycle I didn't stop getting nocturnal erections and my testicles never sucked up, they hung like normal. One day I took 100 mg instead of my usual 75 and my testicles sucked up, but it didn't last long. Is it possible that I didn't shut down from this cycle?

I have been thinking about taking another cycle and this was one thing I was wondering about from my first. I have been thinking about taking a 5 week H-drol cycle with the last 10 days on 100, or an mdrol cycle. Those would be guaranteed to shutdown me down, right?

Kind of a random question, but it seems like a continuing debate here so I thought I'd throw it out there one more time now that I have my own experience.

Keep up the good work, lots of good info on this board and it's been very helpful.

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
You can be shut down with out actually feeling like it. The only way to know for sure is blood tests. If you dont have blood tests, your best bet is to run full PCT.

I ran almost 6 weeks of Hdrol at 100mg the entire time and i didn't feel shut down, but there's no reason not to run PCT. If you're gonna spend the money to run a cycle, don't short change yourself.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
shut down- this is a lie, the HPTA is never actually SHUT DOWN, its suppressed....that being said im arguing semantics. Your probably suppressed, i wouldn't risk it. I got away with an otc pct on epistane 4 weeker, but it was my first cycle, ever since then- SERM is the way to go my dude

BigBen89

BigBen89

Awards
funny that this post is up today, I was talking to the owner at my gym today, and he got on the subject and told me I should really try out h drol. He then said that it didnt need a pct! I was in complete shock, do people actully run this without a pct lined up, I would just run one to be safe, but damn nothing at all seems a little crazy.

Jack51

Awards
Guys, thanks for the responses. I should have been more clear, I just finished a 6 week on Hdrol and a 4 week PCT of Clomid. I'm not as crazy as I guess I seemed in the post, haha. I just wanted to bring this up because I always hear people talk about shutdown and wanted to see what people thought about my experience.

Yaz

Yaz

Awards
shut down- this is a lie, the HPTA is never actually SHUT DOWN, its suppressed....that being said im arguing semantics. Your probably suppressed, i wouldn't risk it. I got away with an otc pct on epistane 4 weeker, but it was my first cycle, ever since then- SERM is the way to go my dude
I believe you are wrong, because even with semantics the final outcome is the same.
Depending on the drugs, duration, dosages, genetics, etc when aas being used in a physiological dose/duration that it will produce any kind of "gains" the HPTA shutdowns. No matter how much is closed you will need a PCT, which most people cannot understand it's real puprose. With pretty much any kind of AAS (legal or illegal DS or PHs) the HPTA will be suppressed, that's when PCT comes in. PCT isn't the "therapy" that will recover someone's HPTA in just 4 weeks to the previous baseline pre cycle. PCT is just a kickstart for recovery, no matter how much your HPTA is suppressed you must always do PCT. Of course everybody's different and HPTA shutdown depends on many many variables but it's fact that PCT is a must. FYI after PCT no matter the cycle, most people recover to 1-3 months completely.

If you're going with semantics, let me tell you that's very uncommon no matter what the substances being used in a cycle, no matter the duration, no matter the dosages you won't easily see anyones bloodwork with absolutely no gonadotropin production(FSH, LH) and eventually Testosterone production to be considered "shutdown".

So let's don't stuck with semantics, but when the body's don't produce it's natural pre-programmed hormonal baseline that's considered shutdown, the lower the values the deeper the suppression.
Considering the above, there are definately a bunch of drugs that will "shutdown" even according to your semantics the HPTA. I won't start writing down many compounds, just state a simple fact than one of the 3 basic classes of
of hormones, the 19-nor derivatives due to the increased binding affinity to many different hormone receptors are notorious for immediate and hard shutdown, many studies and many real-world bloodwork results can definately reassure someone about this.