1st Cycle - High blood pressure

Zeill

Awards
So I just finished a cycle of primabol (2a-17a-dimethyl-17b-hydroxy-5a-androstan-3-one), the whole time i was taking it with liver supports and continued to after. Then after I started taking novedex XT (which im currently still on) Everything was going good cycle went really well gained almost 20 pounds!

Yesterday, however, It was my chest day. Everything was as usual i went to the gym did a light cardio session then got on the bench to start my chest workout. This is where it got unusual i was on my 6th rep and i got a killer pain in my hear (I had thought i blown a blood vessel or something, but I breathe very well during my sets) so i put the weight up on the bar and crouched on the ground and clasped my head, worst pain EVER. It had gone away after 5 minutes and thought i would be able to do a light abdominal workout but i felt the headache coming back and stopped and called it a night.

The next morning, i decided to go back and see if it had gotten better. Nope, same headache but not as strong, but i knew to quit before it worsened and went home. I went online and searched to what could be causing it, and blood pressure came up. It sounded like the exact thing that was happening to me so i went to a local drug store and i was shocked to see how bad it had gotten systolic was 158 which is stage one hypertension. Diastolic however was in normal healthy range. :shocked::redeemerwhore:

Now when you use prohormones you expect things like this, I'm just glad I caught it before i got any worse.

I'm really opposed to drugs (seems like kinda of an oxymoron since im taking the prohormone in the first place) but i work at a nutritional supplement store and believe its possible to lower natural rather then with a bunch of chemicals.

I'm taking Blood Pressure Health by NOW, and going to start as of tomorrow CoQ10. Other circulatory health products im taking is my flax seed and fish oils and all my omegas. Also i cut all my caffeine out of my diet for now, which includes my ephedra teas in the morning which is gonna suck :sleepy:

Now that i wrote you guys a damn novel, my real question. Am i taking the necessary steps to reducing my blood pressure or is their something else i should look into?

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yes, those all should help to normalize your BP, when I was on super, my BP was 120 or under ;), course I too all the support supps as well.. When I put a big fat dip in my lip, my BP would soar to 135-145, I never knew "dip" could raise your BP so much... We learn somethin new ED..

Zeill

Awards
Yes, those all should help to normalize your BP, when I was on super, my BP was 120 or under ;), course I too all the support supps as well.. When I put a big fat dip in my lip, my BP would soar to 135-145, I never knew "dip" could raise your BP so much... We learn somethin new ED..
Ha, thats funny was just talking to a guy about that, you kinda figure that it "relaxes" you but on the contrary it makes it worse lol. Well you were pretty lucky with ur cycle but like i said i was doing ephedra teas in the morning then N.O. XPLODE NT preworkout (mid-afternoon). So yeah my caffeine intake was high so if i cut that our we will see if that helps. Well hopefully i can get back to working out normally, that is if i can stay awake :sleepy:

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hawthorne berry and celary seed extract are great to reduce BP!

Zeill

Awards
Hawthorne berry and celary seed extract are great to reduce BP!
Thanks bud, Hawthorne is in NOW's blood pressure health, but will definately look into the celary seed extract :)

Seriously appreciate the help guys, i just want to get back into the gym :(

Zeill

Awards
Oh sorry, another question, should i continue using the novedex XT. I do need the AI since i just finished a cycle, but i also heard it could be a cause for the rise in blood pressure. Im only on my first week of PCT :/

HawaiianPride

HawaiianPride

Awards
If your ever having HBP issues look into A'dex, Coenzyme Q10, Garlic extract, Celery Seed Extract, Hawthorn Berry, and tons of COLD water.

Zeill

Awards
If your ever having HBP issues look into A'dex, Coenzyme Q10, Garlic extract, Celery Seed Extract, Hawthorn Berry, and tons of COLD water.
Definately picking ALL of those up today lol, i think novedex is making it worse. I woke up this morning with shortness of breath and a pounding headache, i felt my heart and it was pounding like i just got finished with hard exercise... this can't be good. Like I said, this just started recently and im on my first week of PCT.

Oh, and the reason i believe its the novedex is that for the most part I am fine throughout the day, but i wake up feeling like ****. (Novedex XT suggested use: take 2 capsules before bed) their must be a correlation between the two. So I'll discontinue the novedex.

I hope I don't start crying and telling my friends how much i love them without the AIs, but as of now its a risk im willing to take, this is getting bad. :(

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You still need a PCT mate, if you drop it you run the risk of a terrible hormonal imbalance.. High estro, low test and all sides related on top of higher BP... If you drop an AI right away, you will get estro rebound, and gyno may flare up.... Get some clomid, run 50/50/25/25..

Zeill

Awards
You still need a PCT mate, if you drop it you run the risk of a terrible hormonal imbalance.. High estro, low test and all sides related on top of higher BP... If you drop an AI right away, you will get estro rebound, and gyno may flare up.... Get some clomid, run 50/50/25/25..
Do I need a prescription to get clomid? I picked up some selenium, CoQ10, L-Carnitine, Hawthorne Berry, and changed my diet a bit (less salt, more potassium). I will continue to take my PCT in combination with these and see if anything changes. I did go down from 156 to 141 this morning (which morning is supposed to be your highest BP), but will continue to check throughout the day to get an average.

"Sweat is the best cardiovascular agent known to man"
-Stanford Cardiologist

So I'll increase my cardio, but at the same time increase caloric intake (I'm an ectomorph) so that i wont lose weight.

neverstop

Awards
  • Established
that is amazing that you ran a cycle without a SERM for PCT?!? where is your research? you are seriously F'ing yourself up man, go read on the PCT forum and then run a clomid PCT like you will find others running. you will have all sorts of issues till you do this.

if you google "research chemicals" or something like that you'll find clomid no prob

Jsherbro

Jsherbro

Awards
Definately picking ALL of those up today lol, i think novedex is making it worse. I woke up this morning with shortness of breath and a pounding headache, i felt my heart and it was pounding like i just got finished with hard exercise... this can't be good. Like I said, this just started recently and im on my first week of PCT.

Oh, and the reason i believe its the novedex is that for the most part I am fine throughout the day, but i wake up feeling like ****. (Novedex XT suggested use: take 2 capsules before bed) their must be a correlation between the two. So I'll discontinue the novedex.

I hope I don't start crying and telling my friends how much i love them without the AIs, but as of now its a risk im willing to take, this is getting bad. :(
Picking A'dex up wont be as easy as picking up those herbs.

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
This may not have anything to do with the PH you were taking. Search Google for 'valsalva maneuver' as I have experienced the same thing when no PH was involved. For me it was also benching that caused the problem. I have had this 4 or 5 times over the last 10 years and the only way to get rid of it is to take 1 week away from the gym doing no type of exertion exercise whatsoever.

Zeill

Awards
This may not have anything to do with the PH you were taking. Search Google for 'valsalva maneuver' as I have experienced the same thing when no PH was involved. For me it was also benching that caused the problem. I have had this 4 or 5 times over the last 10 years and the only way to get rid of it is to take 1 week away from the gym doing no type of exertion exercise whatsoever.
Interesting, definitely appreciate the input, i've not done strength training since it started and can already tell its getting better. I've been doing cardio the whole time in an effort to reduce my blood pressure but when i first tryed even that was enough to bring on the head ache. My average blood pressure as of now is down from 156 to 141, and the headaches seem to have subsided (which is good since i was popping aspirins like skittles).

Since Primabol was a non aromatase PH, I thought i could get away with Novedex XT and Animal Stak as a PCT. I do seem to be keeping my gains and side effects are pretty minimal besides the whole blood pressure thing, if they are related. As i said before though, I was a stimulant junky, so coming off of that seems to have brought it down.

I am still new to this, which is why i trust your guys opinion and I did pick up some clomid. If i am already a week in my PCT is it to late to take clomid? Also should i continue to take my Novedex XT and Stak or will that be harmful to the process? Really appreciate the help guys, definately going to do some more research before my next cycle, if their is one.

rab71

rab71

Awards
I was on a similar product earlier this year and had the same BP problems my blood pressure shot up to 191 over 97:shocked:

Yeah BAD headaches... It got so bad couldn't even have sex... Worse during pullups. I thought I had an anurism...

Try the stuff that has been suggest, if it doesn't help hit the doc. Good luck!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Cycle Logs 2
Gothat3rs Post Cycle Therapy 21
Anabolics 12
Anabolics 11
Anabolics 19