BM's Megadrol (SD) Pulse Log

BeastMode

BeastMode

Awards
This will be my first time logging a cycle here, bear with me and let me know if I'm missing anything. I will be running Megadrol pulsed 3 times/ week starting Jan.28th. I have previously run a stand alone 3week cycle of megadrol and a 2 week cycle of M1t. I intend on running this pulse for a total of approx. 7 weeks and dosing will look similar to this, but may change according to how I feel.

Wk1: 10, 20, 20
Wk2: 20, 20, 30
wk3: 30, 30, 30
wk4: OFF
wk5: 10,20,20
wk6: 20,30,30
wk7: 30,30, 40

Ancillaries:
Orange Triad
CS off days @ night
Retain, "off" days morning dose + mid afternoon
ATD low dose "off" nights
Blue Up Stim Free ED (wks 3 - 6.5)
5g Creatine Mono pre-w/o wks 1-7, upped to 5g/day for post cycle therapy
1-Carboxy ED @ Night
White Flood Pre-W/O
Citrulline Malate @ 3-5g/Day
15-20g BCAA/Day

Macro (Subject to increase in cals, ratio will remain the same):
3100 Cals/Day
40%P/35%C/25%F

Training: DC style training 3x/wk. I will be logging my working sets so I will include them in this log to track strength gains.

Log will record: Weight gains, strength gains, and anything else I feel is important to put in here. I am fresh off of knee surgery(meniscus - 8weeks, not so serious) so joints issues are a concern, I have cissus on hand.

Stats(as of 1/21/08):
Height: 5' 10''
Weight: 178lbs
BF: 8%

Anyway, I will be updating the log as much as possible. Enjoy!

BM

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't know too much about pulsing, but it looks like you have everything set pretty solid. I like the ancillaries you are going to be using. Looks like a fun cycle. The only thing I can think of is maybe swapping ATD for Formestane/E-form. Are you running a post cycle therapy after the pulse or are you going to trust that you won't be fully shutdown?

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You may want to increase your Carb macro's while on cycle with this compound. Just an example - 40 / 45 / 25

Even if you're pulsing, a lack of carbs will increase the lethargy that is infamous with SD.

Regardless, Good Luck!

BeastMode

BeastMode

Awards
Are you running a post cycle therapy after the pulse or are you going to trust that you won't be fully shutdown?
Ill be running a SERM with a test booster for PCT. Should be a quick PCT as I'm not anticipating being shut down, but if it happens this should cover.

Im back to school tomorrow and my day is all jammed up so my first log days pre cycle will be wed and fri, followed by my first day pulse on monday. Im excited!!

BeastMode

BeastMode

Awards
Lifted at 945am then rehabed the knee after. Didnt weigh myself. Only supps today were 5g creatine and 200mg caffeine. Overall started sluggish and finished strong, Im still getting used to waking up early for this semester.

Working Sets:
Incline DB Press: 85 x 6 rp 1 (was totally gassed during this set)
Side Lateral Cable Raise: 17.5 x 15 ss
Tri Skull Crush: Ez Bar 25 + 70 (35/ side) x 7rp3rp2
Lat Pull Dn to Front: 160 x 8rp5rp2
Single Arm Cable Row: 100 x 12 ss

Until I get an initial baseline for all 6 days up (1-1,1-2,1-3, 2-1, 2-2, 2-3), I will do all sets in black. Once there is a baseline, I will denote strength increases with red text and (which I dont anticipate) if I drop weight on sets, I will denote these in blue. Im going to eat again. Later.

BeastMode

BeastMode

Awards
meniscus, its all healed, just doing light weight quad work to keep the strength up

BeastMode

BeastMode

Awards
medial meniscal tear, wasnt specified as to what type tear it was. There are three different types of tears I believe, had it cleaned up and im back up and running a little over a month later.

BeastMode

BeastMode

Awards
Well, I took my first ever dose of 1-carboxy (1g) last night around 11, by 12 i couldnt keep my eyes open and passed out. Deepest sleep ive had in a long long time. I had VIVID dreams and I woke up this morning feeling very rested.

Time to get today started and off to the gym. Will post up later tonight.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
what was your previous mdrol dosing + results like?

BeastMode

BeastMode

Awards
what was your previous mdrol dosing + results like?
I ran it ED for 3 weeks, ~10lbs after all was said and done after PCT. From 175-185 in the fall of 2006. Strength gains were awesome, almost like when i ran m1t, which was absurd like 40lbs on all major lifts. I dont have exact figures as my hard drive crashed and I kept all my workout logs on there. But on that m-drol 3wk-er I'd say ballpark 25-30 lbs on all major lifts.

I was training differently then, 5x/wk and doing the typical 12/10/8/6 sets with a split like chest/tris, back/bis, you get the idea. It was okay, but once I switched to DC everything has changed. DC is the way to go for my body, and it just so happens that DC style training fits right into my m-drol pulse :D Gym time!!

BeastMode

BeastMode

Awards
Finally home, energy all day. I hope I sleep this well every night. Anyway, I'll be running the 1-carboxy 5days on and 2 days off. Im not exactly sure I have to sit down tonight and figure which consecutive days I will be taking off. Ill let you guys know.

Anyway, I tried a vasoflow sample I got from nutra, It was alright, i prefer the 200mg of caffiene more energy wise, but it gave pretty good pumps, didnt have great endurance. Im sure if I had more samples or I took it for longer than a single serving I would have better results. Anyway, my next workout I will be switching over to white flood.

Im being quick on here because Im pretty tired after a long day. Again I didnt weigh myself, but Ill get that in on monday before my workout so we can work from there.

My lifts today:
~1030am

Day 2-2
Bi - Alt. DB Curl - 50 x 8rp6 then rest paused and went up to 55's for 3
Forearms - Rev BB Curl - 85 x 8rp5rp5
Calves - Machine Single Leg Seated - 50x15ss
Quad + Hams = Biodex Machine (higher the number, the less resistance...additionally, this machine is like a seated hamstring curl and a quad extension in one continuous motion. this is a machine provides continuous resistance on both sides of a movement and is absolute hell. thank god for the PT department at my school for such a great machine :D ) anyway i did 10 reps on 4 sets as im still getting back into heavy weight with the legs after surgery. Todays Resistances: 120, 90, 120, 90
After this I went to
Single Leg Press for 3 Sets of 10 (95, 95, 100)
Double Leg Press for 3 sets of 10 (200, 200, 215)

I know this leg workout isnt DC but I find it appropriate for comming out of rehab and getting acclaimated to heavy weight again.

Later bros.

BeastMode

BeastMode

Awards
I am extremely impressed with how deep I sleep while dosing 1g of 1-carboxy before bed. Previous to taking this I had been waking up multiple times during the night and waking up feeling run down and fatigued. I realize this is only the third night I have taken it, but this is making a huge difference in my sleep quality which in result is providing a multitude of positive effects.

On a side note, food shopping today. :D

BeastMode

BeastMode

Awards
Again great night sleep, weighed in today at 179.1 lbs at ~ 11am.

Great workout today! Intensity, focus and pumps. Full dosing on all ancillaries (OT,EPA,White Flood, Creatine, Cit Mal, BCAA). 10mg SD today.

Day 1-3
Chest - Hammer Strength (HS) Decline Machine - 80x10 rp (up to) 85x4rp2
Shoulders - Up Rt Row - 125x 8rp4rp2
Tri - Cable PushDown - 110x 12rp6rp2
BW - HS Lat PullDown - 230x 6rp3rp3
BT - subbed hyperextensions for rack deads, ill be doing rack deads next time workout 1-3 rolls around, but the knee felt a little tender so i refrained from putting too much stress on it.

BeastMode

BeastMode

Awards
Dosed 20mg today, great workout, weight = 180.1. Full details including workout stats tomorrow. Im beat.

"Sleep brings release, and the hope of a new day"

BeastMode

BeastMode

Awards
3rd Day: Dose 20mg 10pre-10post, will weigh myself again today and report on my last 2 sessions. I have been pretty busy sorry guys, these should be up tomorrow.

BeastMode

BeastMode

Awards
ok so week one is over, no libido issues and not feeling shut down at all, so all is good. ill weigh myself tomorrow, get a base for the second week. Ive refined my 1-carboxy dosing to 1g on sun, mon, tues, wed and thurs nights. Then off fri, sat. Basically a 5on, 2off routine. Its working great.

Here are the two sessions I failed to post:
1/30/08
2-3
Bi - EZ Preacher (25) + 60 (30+30) x 8rp5rp3
Forearm - DB Hammer Curl - 55 x 6rp4rp2
Calves - Leg Press - 190x15ss (25sec neg)
Quad/Ham - Biodex 90,120,90,120x10/set
Leg Press Single Leg 95,95,115 x 10
Leg Press - 215,215,230 x 10

2/1/08
1-1
Chest - Flat DB Press - 85x6rp2 (Fatigued very easily)
Tri - BB Sk Cr - 85x 7rp5rp4
BackW - PullDwn to Front - 180x6rp4rp2
BackT - Bent Over BB Row - 175x 9ss + 6ss

BeastMode

BeastMode

Awards
Sorry guys I've been slackin at the upkeeping of the log so hopefully I can update you guys on whats been goin on.

When we talk about a pulse giving a test rebound, initially I wouldnt think that it would be very pronounced or even be able to notice it. By the end of "off days" and especially by the end of the 2nd day of two consecutive off days, I feel a HUGE increase in libido. This is pretty sick, and I must say I take full advantage of it :D

In terms of gains, strength gains are seemingly slow but steady, but its still early to be able to notice anything significant yet. Ill let you know in a couple weeks. I have been getting a lot of compliments from people around school that I am leaning out and increasing size. I dont really notice it, nor have I been keeping my weight regularly. Ill see if I can stop in at the digital scale in the athletic training dept tomorrow morning before I lift so I can get a reading on a near empty stomach.

as for workout logs:
2/4 - Dosed 20mg/ 10pre10post
Definitely had some serious knee pain, so I decided not to do legs today, I will be resting until the pain subsides. I started SuperCissusRx today to try to combat the post surgical pains.

DB Curl - 55 x 8rp4rp3
DB Sh Press - 65 x 8x5x3
Forearm Circuit - Wrist Curls etc... dont remember the weight b/c I dont record it, i just beast it until my forarms fill with blood so much they feel like they are gonna f*ckin pop
Calves, Quad, Ham - Skipped

2/6 dose 20mg/ 10pre10post

Incline BB Press - 225x 7rp3rp2
SkullCrush EZ Bar - +80(40/side)x 6rp4rp3
PullUps- 50 total
Single Arm Cable Row - 70 x 9ss + 12ss

*** I moved Shoulders to my BI/FA/Qu/Ham day as not to overwork my tri and front delts with chest and tri movements. So you can maybe call it a modified DC training now. BM Training if you will????

Tomorrow moving up to dosing at 30mg... and I am considering adding pheraplex for the last 3 weeks of dosing. This is still in consideration, well see how we feel around then. As for me today, gotta go eat. Later little dudes.

BeastMode

BeastMode

Awards
2/8/2008 - Dose 30mg (20pre10post)
Dayyyyyum... 30mg makes me want to throw weights through peoples heads. I probably wont move up to 40mg, 30 is seriously all I need. As far as incorporating Phera, im still in the middle of the road deciding if I will go for it or not.

All In all, good day. If your following I skipped legs the other day after tweaking my knee. So today was the first legs day after skipping . I felt good, but Im still easing into the heavy weight. I dont want another set back. I see myself going heavy around wk 5 when I start back up again after week break, which im now contemplating because its the end of week two and the "bounce" is great and Im not feeling shut down nor am I feeling any sides to be honest.

BB Curl - 105 x 8rp6rp3
Up Right Row - 135 x 6rp4rp3
Quad + Ham - Single Leg Press 95x10, 95x10, 115x10
Double Leg Press - 205, 220, 235 x 10

BeastMode

BeastMode

Awards
Quick Update Before I get to Sleep: 181.4lbs today up 3.1 lbs in 20 days, strength is up on all lifts and im leaning out like a mofo, i cant eat enough!!!!! Will post more info on todays workout. Still not feeling shut down or any sides @ 30mgs.

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
subbed. I'm still trying to figure out if I'll ever use the AX SD in the freezer, and how I'm going to run it. I'm up in the air about pulses, so I'm keeping an eye on this one.

Good luck with your run, BM.

BeastMode

BeastMode

Awards
Here's my week summary: Strength and Lethargy. Oh ya and my forearms are killing me like i have shin splints. F*ck me. All lifts are up. And in the gym Im a friggin maniac, but after I dose post WO I feel like doing absolutely nothing. No focus or drive.

Workouts:
2/11
Decl. Hammer Strength - 90x8rp3rp2
Cable Push Dwn - 130x6rp4rp2
HS Lat PD - (145/side) x 6rp4rp2
Deads - 225 x 10

2/13
EZ Preacher - (35/side) x 8 rp^ (40/side)x 4rp3
Sh. Press DB - 70x10rp ^75x6rp3
DB Hammer Curl - 60x 7rp4rp3
Leg Press Single Leg - 10 rep x 95, 110, 125
Leg Press Double Leg - 10 rep x 215, 230, 245

2/15
Flat DB Bench - 90x 8rp6rp4
BB SK C - 105x 8rp5rp4
Pull Dn 2 FR - 200x 6rp4rp3
Bent OverBB Row - 175x12 ss

Weight update tonight.

BeastMode

BeastMode

Awards
Sorry fellas, I will be discontinuing this pulse, my joints cant handle it. Woke up today and pain has moved into my elbows, I will try def try this pulse again, but probably not soon. I will be giving it a week before I make the final decision to kill it totally, but as of now I will be taking my 4th week off (as planned) and just going to run a test booster and other ancillaries. Hopefully the pain goes away and I can resume the pulse as planned, but as of now Its gettin shut down. :sad:

Edit: I weighed in @ 182.4 yesterday morning.

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure what all is in a couple of the supps you've got listed in your ancillaries, but have you considered adding in a cissus product, or bulk?

BeastMode

BeastMode

Awards
strange thing is, i have been taking USP's Supper Cissus Rx for the past 2 weeks without any noticable difference. Im feeling better this morning after 2 off days, I'll be giving it to the end of this week using straps and gloves and w/o the m-drol.

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
strange thing is, i have been taking USP's Supper Cissus Rx for the past 2 weeks without any noticable difference. Im feeling better this morning after 2 off days, I'll be giving it to the end of this week using straps and gloves and w/o the m-drol.

That's kind of funny, I've got a bottle of the SuperCis that I've been saving for a superdrol cycle. I hope things work out so that you can finish your pulse, I am interested to see your conclusions. Don't push it though, your joints have to last you. Good luck!