BigV's Epistane Pulse

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
It's been a while since I've maintained a good log, and an even longer while (~3.5 yrs) since Ive used any kind of hormonal supplementation. Epistane is a very intiguing compound, and seems to be the best out of the post ban 'PH' type products to have been brought to market. After reading through Dr.D's pulsing article and several other user experience reports, I've decided to give an Epi pulse a run to see how it works for me.

Goal is to run a 4-5 week pulse and attain a noticeable decrease in bodyfat while maintaining musclemass and hopefully a marginal strength increase. More of a recomp than a serious cutter.

Current stats:

Height: 6'
Weight: 218
BF%: 12%

Cycle Plan:
Pulsing 3x a week M, W, F

Week 1 (10,20,30)
Week 2 (30,30,30)
Week 3 (40,40,40)
Week 4 (40,40,40)
Week 5 (40,40,40)

Supplementation:

Natural Anabolics:
Cissus Q. 6g (2g 3x/day)
Turkesterone 4g (1.4g 3x/day)
Rebound Reloaded (1cap/day at night)
Xtend 23mg (11.5 mg 2x/day)
Creatine Monohydrate (5g/day)

Thermogenics:
Green Tea Extract: 800mg (400mg 2x/day)
DS Basic Cuts (2caps 2x/day)
Yohimbine 5mg (2.5mg/day)
ALCAR 2g (1g 2x/day)
Sesamin 1500mg (500mg 3x/day)

Other Supps:
Cycle Support

Nutrition:
Multivitamin 1/day
Dessicated Liver 12 tabs (3 tabs 4x/day)

6 meals a day, eating very clean
Higher carb/calories on workout days ~(40/40/20)
Lowercarb/cals on off days

Training
Monday: Arms/abs
Wednesday: Chest/Delts
Thursday: Back/Delts
Friday: Legs/abs

Training delts 2x a week because I split them up over 2 workouts. They're kinda fragile so I dont want to push it. Some weeks I may end up doing back and chest(or legs) together, depending on how busy I am.(life is kinda crazy atm)

Shooting for 20-30min of cardio every weekday.

Still waiting for half the stuff to get here, but started the Epi on Monday.

I'll also be paying close attention to any effects on the hairline - I know some have experienced hair loss issues in epistane but I'm hoping the pulse method + the full spectrum of hair loss prevention crap I use will prevent that.

I havent run much for supplements in a few months - just sticking to the basics and its worked well. Saved a bunch of cash but I've got to the point where I need a little boost to get over a plateau. Now is the time:)

BV

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
VERY NICE!

I will be checking it out.

CROWLER

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
is that 4g of turkesterone as the steroid itself, or 4g of turkesterone X% by weight?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
is that 4g of turkesterone as the steroid itself, or 4g of turkesterone X% by weight?
2% by weight - it's the Turk that Nutraplanet 1st got in a few months ago. I never used it - cleaning out the supplement cabinet:D

BV

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
2% by weight - it's the Turk that Nutraplanet 1st got in a few months ago. I never used it - cleaning out the supplement cabinet:D

BV
Very nice. I used it a few months back @ 3g ED, and it seemed to work nicely for a "hardening" effect. This should do you well; however, probably not as well as 4g of actual turkesterone ED. :p

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think they might be sold out of that.

I don't think pure turk is available in macroscale production. That would be sick, though.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
1st week down - feeling pretty good, but I dont really notice anything from the Epi, which I expected. Looking a little more full and leaner overall...but increased cardio and more intensity in the gym can account for that.

This is the 30mg/day week, 1st dose starting today.

BV

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What sort of lifts are you doing BigV? or is that going beyond the scope of this log?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
What sort of lifts are you doing BigV? or is that going beyond the scope of this log?
Keeping things kind of old school - generally 2 heavy compound movements and then lighter, more intense exercises to focus on hypertrophy. Ive tried all kinds of workout routines over the years, and this definitely has afforded me the most consistent results. When I do hit a plateau, I'll switch things up and implement various shocking techniques to get things going again.

For instance, last nights arm workout was:

Olympic Barbell Curl:
145 x 8
145 x 7
145 x 5

Close Grip Bench:
235 x 8
235 x 6
225 x 7

Alt. DB Curl:
60s x 11
60s x 10
60s x 10

Lying Tricep Extension(HIT):
115 x 12
115 x 10
115 x 10

Spider Curl(HIT):
75 x 12
75 x 10
75 x 10

Don't notice much yet - slight boost in mood and energy from the stims. Bodyfat is definitely down a bit, strength up just a hair from last week.

BV

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice lifts :thumbsup:

I had a feeling you were going "old school" on us ;)

I think I remember skimming through an old old log by you, where you did the Big 3 all the way through the cycle, so I got curious what sort of techniques you were going for in this one.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Nice lifts :thumbsup:

I had a feeling you were going "old school" on us ;)

I think I remember skimming through an old old log by you, where you did the Big 3 all the way through the cycle, so I got curious what sort of techniques you were going for in this one.
LOL yeah they're all pretty much like that. I've slacked a bit on the heavy deads and squats over the past few months, as crappy posture at work led to me tweaking my back pretty bad a while back. Im fully recovered but just taking it easy...that's some scary **** when one pull and you think you're all done!

I have tried pure hypertrophy based routines like GVT, HIT, etc and when using lighter weight/higher volume exclusively I've *always* lost strength. If I keep the big compounds in there and keep them heavy, I seem to make better gains over all. Always been a big fan of MaxOT, 5x5, etc.

I still have a lot to learn when it comes to training but Ive found that a mix of heavy compound movements and lighter, HIT isolation style training works best for me.

BV

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
subbed

4-5week pulse, you can easily and safely increase this to at least use the entire bottle giving you 6-8weeks

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for the lack of updates!! Been a busy ass week...

Since the start of this 2 weeks ago, I am up 2lbs but am definitely slightly leaner. Workouts have been going great, although I havent been able to get in the 4 a week that I'd like.

Strength is up slightly, but it's tough to tell if it's not just from an increase in motivation. Last weeks' leg day was off the hook - I hadn't worked out that hard in a good 3-4 months. It felt great, I could barely walk!!

For a week after that it seemed I was constantly ravenously hungry, I did keep my diet pretty clean although there was some pizza in there somewhere:)

Still haven't got the BCAA's, Yohimbine, or Seasmin but I'll be ordering them soon...been waiting for Nutra to get bulk Cissus back in stock.

Basic Cuts is a great preworkout booster - it's tough to tell if the huge energy boost I have in the gym is from that or the preworkout dose of Epistane. PEA+Hordenine+Caffeine is a really great combo, I may order these ingredients separately and experiment with different ratio, as the product is defintely most effective on an empty stomach, but the cayenne pepper can be a little irritating.

Overall, the whole cycle is going how I expected. I look a little bigger and leaner, and energy levels are up quite a bit.

No negative sides to report.

BV

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I hope your current success continues!

are you treating this like a bulker?
More of a recomp...my bulking days are over lol :)

I'm 6', 220lbs and right around 11-12%BF. Ideally I'd like to be the same weight but less than 10% - that's a big goal, probably about 10 lbs of lean mass I'd need to gain.

With this pulse, Im trying to get a feel of how Epi will work for me, and possibly use it in the future to help reach my goals.

BV

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Bulk til you die!

Definitely an achievable goal though!
LOL - when I hit my all-time peak of 250lbs I thought I WAS going to die. :)

It's wierd, in order to eat and train to gain serious mass I had to have this 'im not big enough' psycological hangup. Then I had to force that into a 'Im too fat' hang up in order to cut without freaking out over losing mass.

No the two have blended together to form a "Im not big enough, but Im too fat" vice...at least its more balanced :D

BV

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for the lack of updates! Been crazy busy this month...

I'm very impressed with this pulse-stack so far. I've had a lot less time than I'd planned to focus on diet and training, working out 2-3 days a week rather than the 3-4 I was shooting for. Even still, I can see definite improvements in body composition and my strength is up a bit.

It would seem a pulse is most effective when you can be pretty rigid about keeping a routine, and right now I really can't. I always try to get in at least 3 days a week, but they can fall anywhere in the week too. For instance, this week its Monday, Thursday, and Friday. Last week it was Tuesday and Wednesday, etc.

Even still, good results so far and no negative sides to report.

BV

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm gonna be doing a regular cycle of Epistane sometime within the next few weeks.

I would like to burn some body fat, but from my understanding, Epistane is a mass building compound, but also a lean cutting agent. It works that way, anyway.

So, my guess is that I won't have to do too much cardio. Do you think 15-20 minutes of cardio each day would suffice, or should I just go with 20-30 minutes of cardio instead?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
So, my guess is that I won't have to do too much cardio. Do you think 15-20 minutes of cardio each day would suffice, or should I just go with 20-30 minutes of cardio instead?
I think if you time your cardio right, 20 minutes is fine. I'd try to hit it 1st thing in the morning on an empty stomach, or directly after resistance training. I guess it all depends on your bodytype and how much fat you want to lose though.

Ive been a total slacker this week - only been to the gym once!! This will not do....:)

BV

king1033

king1033

Awards
  • Established
hey big great job so far how much hhave your lifts gone up to far?? as much as you were hoping?,

also quick question i have very relativly lowww bf should i even consider cardio if i dont wanna loose any muscle??

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,

Sorry for the lack of updates!! Its been a really busy month for me, but I did run the pulse for the planned 4 weeks, and here's the summary:

-I definitely look bigger and leaner than I did four weeks ago, and my strength is up slightly, but noticeably. Despite being incredibly busy, not sleeping all that much, and only hitting the gym 2-3 times a week I've made gains - something I didnt expect and probably wouldnt have happened without supplementation.

-Diet was not tracked explicitly, but I kept things as clean as possible, alternating high/low carb days with 1 'cheat day' on the weekend.

-I did experience one side effect that caught me off guard - high blood pressure. I have a really hard time believing Epistane dosed at 30mg 2-3 times a week caused this - the only supplement I took consistently every day was the Turkesterone, so perhaps that was it. Or maybe just coincidence...Im not sure. I do have high BP issues in my family, but generaly mine is right around 125/70. When I checked it last friday my home meter read 145/75, three times in 30 minutes.
I checked it again after getting out of the gym though, and it was down to 125/70. I'm not sure what's going on there, but I'm going to track it everyday this month to see if that high reading was just a fluke. Hawthorn and Celery seed are on order from NP as well.

-I did not end up taking the Yohimbine this time around.

-I could definitely feel a difference when taking 30mg of Epi preworkout as opposed to not dosing. The Epistane fueled workouts had better, longer lasting pumps and I certainly had more power in the gym. All my lifts are up at least 5-10 lbs. compared to last month.

-Overall, very impressed with this stack and plan to run it again early next year - this time getting in 3-4 pulse/training days rather than 2-3.

This month, Ill be running Somnidren-GH as my only 'extra' supplement and Im going to try to keep a log. The stuff looks like it will be an effective GH booster, although from my experience it may take 4-6 weeks to really notice an effect from those kind of things...

BV

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
no reason Anabolics 15
DevilDog4Lyfe Anabolics 19
504Adonis Post Cycle Therapy 7
bell1986 Supplements 47
BigVrunga Supplement Logs 38