SUPERDROL SUPER-MINI CYCLE(S)

homer55

Awards
I'm sure this will strike everyone as an idiotic idea but I'd like to hear any responses just the same.

What if you were to take 10 mg of Superdrol occasionally. For example, once a week for two weeks followed by two or three weeks off? And you did this for an extended period - for a year maybe.

Rationale: Possibly boost overall level of test available to the body without incurring the sides. I recognize that something like this would result in only a marginal increase in test (or would it?) but that is the goal here.

I'm not sure I buy into the training model that uses steriod cycles to gain 10 or 15 pounds of muscle in a few weeks. I suppose this website is for guys who are willing to use this approach. Although I enjoy working out and I'm serious about it, this isn't how I want to do things. Honestly, I'm too old and too aware of my own mortality to do this kind of thing.

I'd be happy at this point in my life (I'm 50) to gain 10 or 15 pounds of muscle in a year -- for one year. I'm at the age where just to be able to recover from workouts a little easier would be a bonus! So that's why I'm asking.

OK, so that's my question and the reasons for it. Take it easy on me, guys.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Welcome to Anabolicminds.

If what you are looking for is greater recovery, what you need is something like p-GH taken regularly. You can take this year-round and feel its rejuvenating properties. This will let you recover quicker from workouts and give you the advantages of a younger age than you are.

I'd stack that with some transdermal DHEA with 6-oxo/7-oxo. There's a product called Metacort by Dermabolics that has 6-oxo/7-oxo and that you can put DHEA powder into. If you want to add to it, use ActivaTe. There's basically a huge number of things you can add that don't incur the same kind of sides that hormonal supplements do.

These 2 ideas you can use for a long time without incurring ANY side effects, a great deal of well-being, etc. This stack is GOOD for you, there are no negative side-effects of any of these supplements for a 50-year-old male, but plenty of positive effects.

MPFit

MPFit

Awards
  • Established
i agree w/ grunt- stacking something like 7-oxo and dhea would probably be better than taking SD EOW... I understand your reasoning for wanting to do this, but remember superdrol shuts down natural test levels- so your plan to boost levels to supraphysiological levels once a week might only work for hours... followed by a recovery to bring natty test levels back- now Im not sure how bad the shut down would be- or if it really is shut down from 1 serving a week.

All I can say is that I have seen someone take 4-AD preworkout for about a year... he wound up pretty much working out 3 times a week, sometimes took weeks off- by the end of the bottle he was fairly shut down(test levels) and honest to god he was almost completely bald (age 24 btw)

MGH1982

Awards
I agree w/ Grunt on the p-GH, if your not a fan of injections you could try some oratropin-1 or hexatropin from IBE. I wouldnt really recommend SD for a cycle like that because SD shuts u down pretty hard. But you could try some DHEA or Activate and reboundXT. just my opinion though... Best of luck to you.

homer55

Awards
These are all really helpful ideas. Thanks guys!

With regard to the p-GH, I haven't seen much on this but I gather users are recommending injection, although the ads for the product say it should be taken orally. What do you think?

Also, I think my SD approach would work only if I kept my body guessing by taking it irregularly and, on average, less often than once a week. Probably pointless, but if it doesn't hurt and it helps a little then... I'm certainly not the source on SD (that is obvious I'm sure) but do you really think the stuff will shut you down if you pop 10mg occasionally on an erratic basis?

Brooklyn

Awards
but do you really think the stuff will shut you down if you pop 10mg occasionally on an erratic basis?
Maybe not, but it won't help you gain any muscle or boost your test either. The most you could possibly accomplish this way is perhaps a very short boost in free test levels due to SD's binding to the androgen receptor. SD is not a test booster, it does not chemically have the same effects as testosterone.

If you are wishing to boost your test and free test levels long term, look into products like Designer Supplements Rebound XT (blocks estrogen, increasing test) and Activate (binds to androgen receptor thus causing more free test to be active). SD is strong and somewhat toxic stuff and requires more research before use.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
With regard to the p-GH, I haven't seen much on this but I gather users are recommending injection, although the ads for the product say it should be taken orally. What do you think?
They have a transdermal P-GH, look at Universal Kits website.

Sorry to burst your bubble but your SD theory doesn't hold water. You'll never have sufficent levels. The only thing you would accomplish over 60-90 weeks is the emptying of a bottle.

peace

homer55

Awards
The most you could possibly accomplish this way is perhaps a very short boost in free test levels due to SD's binding to the androgen receptor.
This is all I would hope to accomplish anyway so you're suggesting there is a possibility of some marginal benefit.

homer55

Awards
Sorry to burst your bubble but your SD theory doesn't hold water. You'll never have sufficent levels. The only thing you would accomplish over 60-90 weeks is the emptying of a bottle.
Could you clarify what you mean by "sufficient levels.?" Also, I have a bottle to empty so I figured to give it a shot -- maybe. I'm not in a rush and I do want better information before I decide what to do with this stuff. Also, I wouldn't just use it alone but in conjunction with some other supplements. Any thoughts? Thanks for your input.

homer55

Awards
Anyone have experience with transdermal P-GH? Honestly, the Universal Kits website looks like something Joe Weider would've thought up. Which is to say that it doesn't inspire confidence. And the stuff ain't cheap either.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
The stuff IS cheap, how else would you qualify $25 a month for being younger? Expensive??? Use the search button, there are some people using it right now with similar effect to injection. I am injecting the "oral" with a very nice effect.

IMO this stuff is INCREDIBLY CHEAP.

homer55

Awards
The stuff IS cheap, how else would you qualify $25 a month for being younger? Expensive???
IMO this stuff is INCREDIBLY CHEAP.
It looks like a one-month supply on the website is $50 -- if you buy one month's worth. I suppose even that would be a bargain if it is a fountain of youth or something. But you are obviously pleased with it. Could you tell me how long you've been using it and anything specific about how it affects you? Thanks.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It looks like a one-month supply on the website is $50 -- if you buy one month's worth. I suppose even that would be a bargain if it is a fountain of youth or something. But you are obviously pleased with it. Could you tell me how long you've been using it and anything specific about how it affects you? Thanks.
You pay $50 for one month supply, and they send you an additional month free with your order.. So, technically you get 2months for $50.. A month of actual HGH is waaaaaayyy more than that.. ;)

I'm using the p-GH pain-free oral also, it works quite well.. SD does not increase test, it's methylated drostanolone, which is a fancy DHT derivative.. A more realistic approach would be 10mg on 2wk/ off 2wk, but that may/may not give desired results..

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Could you clarify what you mean by "sufficient levels.?" Also, I have a bottle to empty so I figured to give it a shot -- maybe. I'm not in a rush and I do want better information before I decide what to do with this stuff. Also, I wouldn't just use it alone but in conjunction with some other supplements. Any thoughts? Thanks for your input.
SD is a hormone. It won't increase your Test it will actually decrease your endogenous levels of natty Test. By sufficient level I meant there needs to be a certain level of hormone circulating thru your system on a consistent basis.

If you are looking to increase your available Test levels try running Rebound XT. research the NHA stack. will produce better results than what you are thinking.

whunterx

whunterx

Awards
Guys,
I have a question, I've seen it used before but don't ever rembember seeing a definition for "pain-free oral".
Whats it mean?:blink:

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
It's a sterile solution sold as "for oral use only", in a sterile, sealed vial, of the type that is used for injecting.

Actually, these products are formulated specifically for injection but are sole "for oral use only" for regulatory reasons. They are much more effective injected than orally.

Examples are ALRI's Impact Ultra, Nutraplanet's 7-keto-DHEA-diacetate, Universalkits' p-GH. There might be others...

Xboom

Awards
Would it be worth it (or possible) to run..say, a 10-day @ 10g cycle of SD with 2 weeks of PCT without Nolva...just RxT & support?

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Would it be worth it (or possible) to run..say, a 10-day @ 10g cycle of SD with 2 weeks of PCT without Nolva...just RxT & support?
10 grams SD, eh? Got a liver donor on call? ;)

If you meant mg and not g, I'm guessing maybe a 2wk run at 20mg would sort-of be of some use.. SD is one compound you should at least run for 3-4wks to get lasting results..

homer55

Awards
I've decided to display my ignorance again. I've read somewhere on this site (I think) that you can expect SD to shut you down in a matter of days and that you shouldn't even think about using it without nolva on hand. Anybody have an opinion on this?

homer55

Awards
If you are looking to increase your available Test levels try running Rebound XT. research the NHA stack. will produce better results than what you are thinking.
I'm not familiar with "NHA stack." Can anyone help?

N4cer

N4cer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yes, SD is highly suppressive. Your chosen once weekly doesn't take into consideration that you'll has less overall androgens in your body over a week's time than if you hadn't used it at all.

And you should never use exogenous androgens without Nolvadex on hand. That's newbie rule #2 (right after be of age).

sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n & Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
Homer, it sounds like you are no where near ready for SD... I strongly suggest you reconsider using it anytime soon.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
I'm not familiar with "NHA stack." Can anyone help?
Make the "Search" button on the toolbar your friend. Check out the Designer Supplements forum also.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Me loves the search button. There is one HUGE shortcoming though.

Any term that is 3 letters long or less is ignored. Hence, searching for "NHA Stack" will turn into searching for "stack"... :(

Searching for SD doesn't work. Searching for PP neither. MP, RXT neither. So all the time we're using shortcuts that kill the ability to search.

Maybe if we the search function could be modified so that any search for "superdrol" would also look up "SD", etc would be fantastic, because the way it is now, it's not that great. :(

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
From what I have been reading it looks like @ one time the * was used as a wildcard. At least that is what others advised, regardless it does not work now.

MODS or Bobo; anyway to get the search to work for 2 or 3 letter words/abbreviations. I did try a search but yielded nothing but frustration.

homer55

Awards
Your chosen once weekly doesn't take into consideration that you'll has less overall androgens in your body over a week's time than if you hadn't used it at all.
How do you know this is true?

N4cer

N4cer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Um, because your body will recognize the excess androgens, and reduce androgen production. And the body is as a general rule of thumb, much slower to recover than it is to suppress.
Heck, this is common knowledge to anyone who is ready to use exogenous hormones. You're making our points for you.

homer55

Awards
Um, because your body will recognize the excess androgens, and reduce androgen production. And the body is as a general rule of thumb, much slower to recover than it is to suppress.
Heck, this is common knowledge to anyone who is ready to use exogenous hormones. You're making our points for you.
I understand the theory just fine. I'm just wondering if you've actually tested this theory or if you're just expressing an opinion. I mean, how do you know that what I'm proposing won't work? Have you ever tried it? What type of tests have you run during short cycles to see what effect they are having on your body? What objective evidence do you have to support your opinion?

homer55

Awards
Homer, it sounds like you are no where near ready for SD... I strongly suggest you reconsider using it anytime soon.
You're probably right. But I'd like for you to tell me specifically why you think this, if you don't mind. That would be helpful.

homer55

Awards
A little more info about my situation. I bought some SD because I knew it was being banned. Figured I'd get my hands on some for the heck of it. I have a lot of things I want to do in terms of training and diet before I actually use this stuff on a cycle. I'm not even sure if I'll ever do this. But, if taking one every now and then (on my leg day -- since this is where I need help the most) would give me any kind of positive boost then I figure go for it. When I read the posts on this website I gather that SD affects different people differently. So maybe this will help in terms of hormone levels and maybe it won't. So why shouldn't I try it and see how I feel about it?

homer55

Awards
Welcome to Anabolicminds.

If what you are looking for is greater recovery, what you need is something like p-GH taken regularly. You can take this year-round and feel its rejuvenating properties. This will let you recover quicker from workouts and give you the advantages of a younger age than you are.
This sounds like a glowing endorsement of a product that you'd used for only a couple of weeks at the time. And I notice you're having some issues with it lately. Maybe you should use it for a year before you recommend this to someone else. But I hope everything goes well for you.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
This sounds like a glowing endorsement of a product that you'd used for only a couple of weeks at the time. And I notice you're having some issues with it lately. Maybe you should use it for a year before you recommend this to someone else. But I hope everything goes well for you.
The supplement has been tried again and again and the verdict of its effects is not mine to make. If I have an unusual reaction or a bad vial out of the tens of thousands that have been sold, then does that make GH-releasing a bad idea for you?

Sorry man but you're starting to come across in a fairly negative way...

homer55

Awards
Sorry man but you're starting to come across in a fairly negative way...
I think that there is a lot of subjective opinion on bodybuilding boards in general and I tend to be a little skeptical. Don't take it personally, OK?

N4cer

N4cer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I understand the theory just fine. I'm just wondering if you've actually tested this theory or if you're just expressing an opinion. I mean, how do you know that what I'm proposing won't work? Have you ever tried it? What type of tests have you run during short cycles to see what effect they are having on your body? What objective evidence do you have to support your opinion?
I've seen too much info in the years I've been around to have to quote it verbatim. I don't save studies, as I'm smart enough to listen to those who have been there before me.
What you are asking me to do is to prove endocrinological theories to you that everyone should already know before introducing exogenous androgens into their system. Therefore, I will not explain the very basics to you. If your idea was such a good one, everyone would've been doing it LONG before you, and with much better compounds than SuperSideeffects I mean SuperDrol.

homer55

Awards
I've seen too much info in the years I've been around to have to quote it verbatim. I don't save studies, as I'm smart enough to listen to those who have been there before me.
What you are asking me to do is to prove endocrinological theories to you that everyone should already know before introducing exogenous androgens into their system. Therefore, I will not explain the very basics to you. If your idea was such a good one, everyone would've been doing it LONG before you, and with much better compounds than SuperSideeffects I mean SuperDrol.
I'm not asking you to explain the basics to me. I just want to know the basis for your opinion. And I am listening to what you say. I don't think people will generally use my approach because most people want to gain large amounts of muscle in a short period of time and my approach won't achieve that. But, hey, I just wanted to get some input on my idea. And I've gotten a lot of helpful responses. I definitely agree with you that this shouldn't be a first choice for someone in my situation. But I just thought I'd ask since I have some on hand.

homer55

Awards
The supplement has been tried again and again and the verdict of its effects is not mine to make.
I think that your own personal experience with a product will serve as the best basis for making a judgment as to whether it is effective for you. I'm not trying to be difficult; I just prefer to get testimonials that are based on actual experience, not on the testimonials of others. That's all. Thanks for taking the time to respond to my asinine ideas.

homer55

Awards
I think this horse has been beaten to death. Thanks to all who gave me input. I have some SD and I guess I have a few choices. (1) I can throw it away or sell it. Not going to sell this stuff and I'm not going to throw it away just yet. (2) Keep it and make a decision later. (3) Start a cycle; shoot for two or three weeks. Yes, I know there are a lot of considerations and I've done my homework. Enough to know that this option isn't for me right now. (4) Take 10 mg -- maybe a couple of weeks apart -- and see how I feel. And then wait for a while and see how I feel about it later. This is the option I'm likely to pick right now. I agree with most of the contributors to this thread that SD really isn't for me and I need to do something else. For now, I'll be content to eat right and train hard and not give up. I'm in this for the long haul.

ross21

Awards
what s with superdorol side efeects? hotness, sore throat, don't feel great at times, kind of sick? how long do they last?