Superdrol cycle log (no stack, straight SD)

ZackMurphy

Awards
Okay, so I've done a few journals on another site (bb.com), and they’re always well-received, but I don’t get the high-quality feedback people get on this site. I’m a bb.com refugee.

So here goes.

My stats:
I'm 34, about 5' 11", 172# right now. I look very lean, like an off-season triathlete, probably about 12-14% bodyfat. I’m ectomorphic, but not 100% ecto. I stay very lean, and LBM is very hard to gain without an equal or greater amount of fat, no matter how clean I eat. Just cut down from about 176 to about 172 in about 1 1/2 months. Just wanted to lose some fat pre-cycle.

I was a distance runner and played some baseball, and I have only ever trained for those sports. Speed and quickness, and some functional strength, but no need for size.

I don’t really give a crap about size - my programs are always more about strength. But I am a personal trainer, and sadly :(, it would actually boost my business to simply be larger. I like the weight I’m at, but it would help my income to add a few pounds. Yes, I know I could do this though diet and proper training. I do my best, but my body generally rejects my efforts to add LBM.

Past cycles:
I did a 1-test/4ad transderm cycle (forget exactly how many mgs and the progression) about 8 months ago. PCT’d with Nolva. Went from about 165 to 175, with some fat gain. I did another cycle before that - I forget exactly.

My program for this cycle:
Did powerlifting programs for a while - loved them, but they drained my CNS something fierce.

I’ve been doing a more traditional bb’ing style program structure lately, and I like it, so I’ll just keep it up. The split is not set in stone, since my schedule varies, but I do as much as I can, when I can.

My sets – almost always 3. 3 or 4 exercises for big parts, 1 or 2 for bis and calves. Mainly compound stuff, though more iso work lately for bis and tris.

Rep progression is 15-10-5. On sets #1 and 2, I just do 15 reps, then 10 reps, both roughly 1-3 reps shy of failure. On set #3, I go for it. Pick a 5-6RM and max out. I’ll do a 4th set if I can hit a higher intensity, but very rarely.

Cardio:
I often do 30 minutes of 50-60% intensity (based on MHR) after my resistance training. I also do sprints (HIIT-style) about once/week. Sometimes more often, sometimes less. I plan to continue this on cycle, though I might have to split the cardio from the weights in order to accommodate the post-wo meal more quickly.

Diet:
My diet is always pretty tight. Roughly 35/45/20 to 35/50/15. About 2000-2400 kcals/day.
* Carbs. Very little sugar – all my carbs are complex (except for fruit). Lots of brown rice, oats, bread – the standards.
* Protein is turkey breast, eggs, chicken, lean ground beef. Dairy. Tons of non-fat CC.
* Fats are from PB and egg yolks, mainly, and incidental fats from lean meat.

My diet ain’t perfect, but it’s fine. For my cycle, I’ll be adding some kcals to each meal, mainly from proteins and fats, and tons of water. I'll probably add some BCAAs and other protein sources, as well. I'll eat as if it's a slow bulk.

Current 1RMs:
Squat: 300 (roughly)
Dead: 385
Bench: 175? (I have no idea, but I know it's weak.)

And we'll see what happens.

Next post is about the SD cycle.

Last edited:

ZackMurphy

Awards
Cycle and supps

This cycle:
The cycle will be 4 weeks (unless sides are a problem).
Week 1: 10mg
Week 2: 10mg+ (20 mg if no impact from 10mg)
Week 3: “
Week 4: “

Other supps during cycle:
Multi
Red Yeast Rice
Saw Palmetto
CoQ10
Fish Oil caps
Pro Liver
Glutamine
Flax oil
BCAAs
Glucosamine (probably)
HMB
DHEA

PCT
All those same supps, plus:
Nolva
Creatine Mono

I feel like I'm forgetting something. I'll edit if necessary.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
i'll watch your cycle.

what are your goals?

your calorie consumption would indicate this is an aggressive cutting cycle. 2000calories is not a slow bulk my friend.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
My advice is to eat more.
For me, I saw a reduction of BF and still built muscle on Superdrol.
Went up a couple of pounds and lost 1-2% BF.

ate 4000+ calories and dropped BF.
that was my first cycle at least, the second one wasn't half as good.

Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I would definately up the cals. Looks solid otherwise, will you be taking measurements/pics before after?

ZackMurphy

Awards
I wasn't crystal clear. I'm at 2000-2400 kcals/day now, and I intend to increase that a bit. That said, I may very well need to increase that more, and I'm happy to do that. It's all about maxing out the LBM gain for me without looking soft.

My sensativity to that, of course, is that previous bulks, even slow bulks, have been pretty fatty. I can gain LBM, but slowly, and with a healthy amount of fat attached.

I bulked once before on about 4000-4400/day, and that went well, but was 2# of fat for every # of LBM (when I finished my post-bulk cut). That was a fairly clean cut, but not an A+ diet. Sodium was up, and carbs were fairly processed.

Then I bulked more recently on about 3000-3200, VERY clean, and gained a little LBM, but again: fat gain came with it.

So my question for you guys:
So given that 2000-2400 is roughly a maintenance total for me, how much would Superdrol add to STAY at maintenance?

Then I can add 250-500/day to make it a bulk.

measurements/pics before after?
Yes. I should. Measurements, at least. Pics can be deceiving.

I weighed in at 172 this morning.
upper arms: 14"
forearms: 12"
thighs (at mid point) 21.5"
calves: 14"/14.75"

It's funny, I know those numbers are small, but I don't look small. I suck.

Cued eveyrthing up in my pill boxes last night. I'll start the cycle on Monday, when I'm done with weekend crap and can start with a series of gym days. I'll be on everything BUT the SD starting today.

ss01

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think you'd do SUPER well by adding p-GH or oratropin to this cycle. It would skew your gains towards LBM big time.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
My advice is to eat more.
For me, I saw a reduction of BF and still built muscle on Superdrol.
Went up a couple of pounds and lost 1-2% BF.

ate 4000+ calories and dropped BF.
that was my first cycle at least, the second one wasn't half as good.
I seem to recall you eating cheesecake and losing bf on sd :rasp:

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
ha carrot cake, second time around it definitely didn't work :(

ZackMurphy

Awards
I think you'd do SUPER well by adding p-GH or oratropin to this cycle. It would skew your gains towards LBM big time.
I haven't read much about oratropin - will research. About p-GH, all I've ever heard is pretty anecdotal, and somewhat fuzzy. People report sleeping better, "feeling" leaner (but never giving specifics), enhanced mood, etc., but nothing really solid.

Anything anyone can share would be great, and will do a search myself.

I did, as a side note, pick up BCAAs and HMB today, and will be adding those both to cycle and PCT.

ZackMurphy

Awards
Day 0 - starting later today for PM workout

Weight: 172 this morning (and yesterday, and last week, so it's stable)

Split: something like this, subject to change based on DOMS and scheduling:
Day 1: Chest/Tris
Day 2: Back/Traps/Bis
Day 3: Hams/Calves
Day 4: Bis/Tris (optional)
Day 5: Delts/Quads
- with rest days tossed in whenever. Don't worry - it won't be more than 5x/week, more likely 4x.

I was going to add a sample workout, but I do them a little differently every time, so no point in showing one exercise list.

ZackMurphy

Awards
9/9/05: Day 1

Chest:
Flat BB Press: 95 x 15, 115 x 10, 135 x 5, 6
Incline DB Press: 40 x 15, 50 x 10, 60 x 6
Pec Dec: 60 x 15, 80 x 10, 100 x 6
Flat DB Fly: 25 x 15, 32.5 x 10, 10 x 6
Tris:
Lying Tri Ext: 17.5 x 15, 25 x 10, 32.5 x 8
Bench Dips: bw x 15, +45# x 10, +90# x 10
Rope Push Downs: 90 x 15, 110 x 10, 130 x 7

Ate the first SD (10 mg) about 60 minutes before the first rep.

After weights, did 30 minutes at about 120 bpm on the elliptical. About 60% for me.

Then ate a banana, sucked down the BCAAs, about 5g of glutamine, then a bigger meal. Maybe 400 kcals of protein and complex carbs.

Feel fine. Normal.

ZackMurphy

Awards
9/10/05: Day 2

Back:
Close Grip Pull Down: 105 x 15, 135 x 10, 165 x 7
Wide Grip Row: 105x 15, 125 x 11, 150 x 8
BB Rows: 135 x 12, 155 x 10, 165 x 7, 175 x 5
Bis:
BB Curl: 45 x 15, 60 x 10, 70 x 5, 65 x 3 (strict form)
Cable Curl: 50 x 15, 70 x 12, 90 x 9
Hammer Curls: 25 x 15, 30 x 10, 40 x 7, 50 x 5
Traps:
BB Shrugs: 135 x 20, 185 x 15, 225 x 10

Ate the first SD (10 mg) about 60 minutes before the first rep.

No cardio today. Cooled down, went home, made some eggs (6 whites, 2 yolks) and toast (2 slices).

Will take the BCAAs in a few minutes, as well as the glutamine. More food in a couple hours.

Feel fine. Normal. Good pumps, but nothing amazing.

ZackMurphy

Awards
9/11/05: Day 3

warm ups not listed, but always done.

Hams:
Good Mornings: 135 x 15, 185 x 10, 225 x 7, 5
SLDLs: 135x 15, 225 x 10, 275 x 5
45^ Hypers: bw x 15, +25# x 10, +45# x 10
Lying Leg Curls: 2 sets, cool down
Calves:
Standing raise: 100 x 15, 200 x 15, 300 x 15, 400 x 15, 500 x 15, 100 x 15,

Ate the SD (10 mg) about 30 minutes before the first rep.

No cardio today. Cooled down, got some Chipotle, came home to rest. Still taking the BCAAs about 30-60 minutes post-wo.

I feel good. Can't say I feel any effects from the SD, but I might. I need to see if what I feel today is consistent, or just a fluke.

Last edited:

ss01

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So have you had time to find out about p-GH and oratropin? Will you be adding them?

ZackMurphy

Awards
So have you had time to find out about p-GH and oratropin? Will you be adding them?
I've been doing some reading, but certainly not enough quality research to just add them to the cycle I started. Injectables would be a new experience for me. I've only every done transderms and orals, so jumping to the inj. group would be a whole new ballgame. Not something I'll do without quite a bit of confidence in what I'm taking.

Ther oratropin links I've been reading are decent, but they're overwhelmingly people like me in the early phases of usage, and not much good science or even good anecdotes. Same with P-PH, though I haven't found much solid clinical work on those.

Anything you can share would be appreciated. So far I've just been googling both terms, and reading everything. Various massmonsterz/US forum links, forums from the UK, etc.

If SD works for me, this won't be my last cycle, and I would consider adding other things to subsequent rounds with SD.

Last edited:

ZackMurphy

Awards
Day 4: 9/12/05

Cardio:
Did about 15 minutes of plyometrics (box jumps of various types), then 30 minutes on an elliptical at about 55-60% MHR.

No weights today.

ZackMurphy

Awards
Day 5 9/13/05

Bis:
Pull Ups: 3 x 5 for warm up
BB Curls: 45 x 15, 55 x 15, 65 x 10, 65 x 15
Preachers: 4 x 15

Tris:
CGBP: 95 x 15, 115 x 10, 135 x 5
Dips: 3 x 10
Supinated Ext.: 90 x 15, 110 x 10, 130 x 7

Took my SD (10 mg) about 20 minutes before the first rep.

Did 30 minutes of varied cardio - all about 50-60% of MHR. Took the BCAAs post-wo.

Feel good - good feeling in the bis. Still can't say the SD is impacting anything, but it's only day 5 and 10mg/day.

ZackMurphy

Awards
Day 6: 9/14/05

Quads:
Front Squats: 95 x 10, 135 x 5 (stopped due to discomfort in wrists)
Leg Press: 360 x 10, 450 x 10, 540 x 10, 630 x 10
Smith Squats: 10, 7, 7
Leg Ext: 110 x 10, 145 x 10, 160 x 10

Delts:
Smith Military Press: 50 x 10, 60 x 10, 70 x 8 (drop set: 50 x 7)
DB Press: 35 x 10, 40 x 10, 40 x 13
Up. Row.: 45 x 10, 65 x 10, 85 x 10
Hang Cleans: 85 x 10, 95 x 10

Went to 20mg SD today. 10mg early am, 10 mg post-workout. Wanted to workout later and take the 2nd 10mg pre-workout, but the timing didn't work out.

Did 20 minutes of cardio - all about 50% of MHR. Took the BCAAs post-wo.

One of the better delt workouts in a while. Mediocre quad workout.

ZackMurphy

Awards
Day 8: 9/16/05

Chest:
Decline BB Press: 95 x 15, 115 x 10, 135 x 10, 155 x 5
Flat DB Press: 50 x 15, 60 x 10, 70 x 5
Incline Pec Fly: 22.5 x 15, 27.5 x 10, 35 x 8
Supinated Cable Fly: 20 x 15, 25 x 10, 30 x 7
Tris:
Very CGBP: 95 x 12, 115 x 7, 125 x 3 + 2 ???
Supinated Tri Push Downs: 80 x 15, 100 x 10, 120 x 7
Tri Push Downs: drop setted from 120 x 10 down to 90 x 5
French Presses: 15 x 15, 20 x 10, 25 x 9

I'm on 20mg/day now of SD. One early AM, another pore-workout. Today the pre-wo was about 60 minutes before the first rep.

After weights, did 10 minutes cardio to cool down, then home to eat. Took the BCAAs, about 5g of glutamine, then a meal. Maybe 400 kcals of protein and complex carbs. Whole grain pasta with ground turkey breast meat.

ZackMurphy

Awards
Day 9: 9/17/05

Back:
Pull Downs: 90 x 11, 120 x 11, 150 x 11, 155 x 11
1-Arm Hammer Rows: 45 x 11, 60 x 11, 70 x 11
T-Bar Rows: 45 x 11, 70 x 11, 80 x 12
Traps:
BB Shrugs: 135 x 15, 225 x 12, 275 x 10, 135 x 20
Bis:

Rev BB Curl: 45 x 15, 60 x 10, 65 x 11
Db Alt. Curls: 30 x 12, 30 x 12, 35 x 10
Preach. Machine Curls: 12, 10

Ate the 2nd SD (10 mg) about 30 minutes before the first rep.

No cardio today. Cooled down, went home, ate.

BCAAs post-wo.

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
if you want to research oratropin look at IGF-1 and Buccal absorbtion. It's like the inj types of igf-1 but made for buccal absorbtion. You'll be hard pressed to find any other product on the market using buccal absorbtion, it's definately a niche market.

But, definately to late to add for this current cycle

ZackMurphy

Awards
if you want to research oratropin look at IGF-1 and Buccal absorbtion. It's like the inj types of igf-1 but made for buccal absorbtion. You'll be hard pressed to find any other product on the market using buccal absorbtion, it's definately a niche market.

But, definately to late to add for this current cycle.
interesting -I'll check it out.

Thanks.

Wanker527

Wanker527

Awards
try adding sesamin (taken with fish oil) to help prevent fat gain. it makes a world of difference with me at only 1g/day.

ZackMurphy

Awards
try adding sesamin (taken with fish oil) to help prevent fat gain. it makes a world of difference with me at only 1g/day.
I hear some decent things now and then about sesamin (and sesathin) but nothing real definitive about sesamin in clinical trials and studies.

BUT, it's one I'm happy to add now, since it's easy to get and so harmless, even if it's completely useless.

On my SD cycle, I'm not going massively hypercaloric. I've increased my calories, but not more than about 500-750/day over my previous levels. I know this contrasts with some suggestions that calories must be massively increased, but I'm feeling that that plan would negate my ability to quantitatively analyze SD as a whole, if my gains (in theory) could also simply be attributed to a giant bump in intake. I want my intake higher, to account for the bulk itself, but I don't intend to go hog wild.

Anyway, FYI to all following this little cycle journal.

ZackMurphy

Awards
Day 10: 9/18/05

Rest day. No weights, no cardio.

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
A friend of mine the same age as yourself, just ended a superdrol cycle, he said his appetite went through the roof, I saw him the other day and he was leaner that when he started, he gained 15 lbs in four weeks, it is a fine line when on super if u r not getting enough calories, dont short change yourself, good luck keep us posted...........

ZackMurphy

Awards
A friend of mine the same age as yourself, just ended a superdrol cycle, he said his appetite went through the roof, I saw him the other day and he was leaner that when he started, he gained 15 lbs in four weeks, it is a fine line when on super if u r not getting enough calories, dont short change yourself, good luck keep us posted...........
I'll keep that in mind.

So you know what dosage he was flying with? I did 10mg for the first 5 days, then 20mg through present. Do you know what your buddy found success with? I hear lots of suggestions, but few are from people in our age group, with our slightly more inhibited metabolic rates.

ZackMurphy

Awards
Day 11: 9/19/05

Hams:
45^ Hypers: bw x 12, 12
Good Mornings:
135 x 8, 185 x 8, 225 x 8, 275 x 8
SLDLs: 135x 15, 225 x 10, 315 x 5
Seated Leg Curls: 3 sets

Calves:
Standing raise: 100 x 10, 200 x 10, 300 x 10, 400 x 10, 100 x 15,

Evening workout. First SD in early AM, 2nd about 30 minutes before the first rep.

No cardio today. Cooled down, went home to rest.

Bombas

Awards
Great post Zack !

How is your bodyweight/LBM responding to the SD cycle ?

Feeling any bad side efects ?

Keep on the good work !!!

ZackMurphy

Awards
Great post Zack !

How is your bodyweight/LBM responding to the SD cycle ?

Feeling any bad side efects ?

Keep on the good work !!!
Feel no sides, notice no ill-effects. I also don't feel especially dehydrated, or any effects on my water levels.

My BW has increased a tiny bit, but I'm also more hypercaloric than I was pre-cycle, so the weight increase could be attributed directly to that. Not trying to be skeptical of the SD - just pointing out the more likely cause of the weight increase.

LBM might be up a tiny bit. But I'm not weighing myself constantly or doing bf% every day - don't want to get sucked into an infatuation with the numbers. I'll do the cycle, do the diet, and just see where it leaves me.

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I saw that friend again yesterday, he started out at 10 mg. for three days, then went to 20 mg. for a total of 4.5 weeks, he gained 18 lbs. not 15,( the bastard) like I stated earlier, the gains r about to really kick in for ya....

Warthog

Awards

Hams:
Good Mornings: 135 x 15, 185 x 10, 225 x 7, 5
SLDLs: 135x 15, 225 x 10, 275 x 5
45^ Hypers: bw x 15, +25# x 10, +45# x 10
Lying Leg Curls: 2 sets, cool down
Calves:
Standing raise: 100 x 15, 200 x 15, 300 x 15, 400 x 15, 500 x 15, 100 x 15,

Ate the SD (10 mg) about 30 minutes before the first rep.

No cardio today. Cooled down, got some Chipotle, came home to rest. Still taking the BCAAs about 30-60 minutes post-wo.

I feel good. Can't say I feel any effects from the SD, but I might. I need to see if what I feel today is consistent, or just a fluke.
Zack,

Try takign the SD about an hour or so before you lift. I started doing this about the 2nd week and started seeing huge gains.
When i took it about 30 minutes out, it always seem to kick in about the last 15 minutes of my workout. I switched to about an hour out from my workout and loved it.

Just a suggestion. Good luck with your cycle bud

ZackMurphy

Awards
I saw that friend again yesterday, he started out at 10 mg. for three days, then went to 20 mg. for a total of 4.5 weeks, he gained 18 lbs. not 15,( the bastard) like I stated earlier, the gains r about to really kick in for ya....
Good to hear. As a generally lean guy, athletic but ectomorphic, it's tough to add LBM.

I did the 10mg for 5 days, and 20mg since then. And I have upped the kcals over my pre-cycle levels. About 250-1000/day. Varies.

Zack,

Try takign the SD about an hour or so before you lift. I started doing this about the 2nd week and started seeing huge gains.
When i took it about 30 minutes out, it always seem to kick in about the last 15 minutes of my workout. I switched to about an hour out from my workout and loved it.

Just a suggestion. Good luck with your cycle bud
Thanks. I will try that. I've been ranging from 10-30 minutes lately (pre-workout SD dose), and feeling good (today especially), but nothing spectacular. I'll try to take it a little earlier.

I also tend to work out around noon, so the first 10mg has been in my body for about 4-6 hours by then.

Thanks for the info and support.

ZackMurphy

Awards

Tris:
CGBP: 95 x 15, 115 x 10, 135 x 7, 7
Skulls: 55 x 15, 65 x 10, 75 x 10, 85 x 6
Tri Ext.: 100 x 15, 120 x 10, 140 x 12 (these are good numbers for me)

Bis:

BB Curls: 45 x 15, 65 x 15, 75 x 10, 85 x 6 Also good sets
Preachers: 45 x 15, 65 x 10, 75 x 5

17 sets. A very nice little workout. CGBPs and skulls were good, tricep extensions were solid. Good pumps, which are always fun.

Still going on 20mg/day, plus the boatload of others supps.

SVTMuscle

SVTMuscle

Awards

Tris:
CGBP: 95 x 15, 115 x 10, 135 x 7, 7
Skulls: 55 x 15, 65 x 10, 75 x 10, 85 x 6
Tri Ext.: 100 x 15, 120 x 10, 140 x 12 (these are good numbers for me)

Bis:

BB Curls: 45 x 15, 65 x 15, 75 x 10, 85 x 6 Also good sets
Preachers: 45 x 15, 65 x 10, 75 x 5

17 sets. A very nice little workout. CGBPs and skulls were good, tricep extensions were solid. Good pumps, which are always fun.

Still going on 20mg/day, plus the boatload of others supps.
those are some pretty good numbers, so far, what is your overall thoughts of SD?

ZackMurphy

Awards
those are some pretty good numbers, so far, what is your overall thoughts of SD?
Thanks.

Too early to tell. I feel I'm on the verge of seeing some SD gains, but not sure yet. We'll see what continues.

ZackMurphy

Awards

Delts:
Smith Military Press: 50 x 10, 70 x 8, 70 x 8
Up. Row.: 65 x 15, 85 x 12, 95 x 12
Front Raises (thumbs up): 12.5 x 15, 17.5 x 10, 22.5 x 10, 12

Quads:
Squats: 135 x 10, 185 x 10, 225 x 10 (went light today)

Calves:
Standing Raises: 3 x 12-14

Worked out early today, and took the SD about 75 minutes before the first rep. Delts were first, and they felt AMAZING. Not sure if it was the SD, but I can only assume it was. Warthog - thanks for the suggestion.

Went light on legs today. My quads have not been recovering well during the past couple months, so I'm going easy.

ZackMurphy

Awards
Day 14: 9/22/05

Rest day. 20mg of SD in 2 doses, no exercise. Maybe some cardio, but I doubt it.

ZackMurphy

Awards
Okay, question:

I'm thinking of increasing my dosage to 30mg/day because:

1. I'm not feeling any of the diuretic effects of SD, and it's certainly one of the primary indicators of its efficacy. No significant water loss or increased thirst, perhaps I need another 10mg/day to get things moving? No increased appetite, no increased urination or thirst. I've been drinking more, but that is a conscious decision.

AND

2. Not really feeling much else, either. I've been on 20mg/day for 8+ days. Some good workout pumps and some good feels, but the other SD stories, anecdotes and logs are much more dramatic than this. I do feel a little bit of a gain, but... is it the SD or the increased calories? From my experiences with calorie increases of this size, it's hard to say.

What do you all think? I don't want to over-SD or take more than I need, but geez. Where the mad gains at?

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Okay, question:

I'm thinking of increasing my dosage to 30mg/day because:

1. I'm not feeling any of the diuretic effects of SD, and it's certainly one of the primary indicators of its efficacy. No significant water loss or increased thirst, perhaps I need another 10mg/day to get things moving? No increased appetite, no increased urination or thirst. I've been drinking more, but that is a conscious decisionI would not say that the diuretic effect is an indicator. I have run SD 2 times. Both @ max of 20mg/day. First time, 3 weeks @ 20mg/day: No diuretic effect, ~300kcals over maintenance gained an increase of size of ~1" on measurements, ~10lbs (8 of which I kept). Just finished 2nd run @ 20mg/day, but it was not SD alone. I started with E-max, but switched to SD s'dary to poor results. Increase of 8lbs, just above maintenance. In 1st week PCT, let you know what is kept.

2. Not really feeling much else, either. I've been on 20mg/day for 8+ days. Some good workout pumps and some good feels, but the other SD stories, anecdotes and logs are much more dramatic than this. I do feel a little bit of a gain, but... is it the SD or the increased calories? From my experiences with calorie increases of this size, it's hard to say.

What do you all think? I don't want to over-SD or take more than I need, but geez. Where the mad gains at?
Stick it out for another week @ 20mg. My gains were above what I would expect from the amount of additional Kcals to diet taking 20mg/day. Do you take in any nutrition Pre-workout?

ZackMurphy

Awards
Do you take in any nutrition Pre-workout?
I always take in something, usually 20-30g protein, 25-50g CHO, minimum or no fats, usually 20-60 minutes pre-wo depending on my schedule. The values vary because it's rarely a shake - almost always real food.

And post-wo, something similar, but higher GI. Non-fat again. Then another meal, more substantial, about 2 hours later.

ZackMurphy

Awards
Sample Diet

First off, the file is NOT ZIPPED. I just changed the extension. Change it back to .xls to open it. My WinZip is acting up today.

Okay, so here's a sample day. This is not an actual day, so please don't look meal by meal for small corrections. But this is the type of stuff I eat, and the macronutrient ratio is pretty accurate. I probably get a little more fat than this, but not much more. I just don't each much fat, even when I try, and I have to add egg yolks or tacos to increase it. If I eat out (food), it's usually Mexican. (Add your own joke about "eating out Mexicans" here.) Chicken tacos, stuff like that.

My workout time varies, but I shift these kinds of meals around to get the right kinds of foods pre and post-workout. Usually, I work out mid-day, so by then I've had 2-3 meals.

So for the record.

And this is probably pretty close on the kcals.

Attachments

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
First off, the file is NOT ZIPPED. I just changed the extension. Change it back to .xls to open it. My WinZip is acting up today.

Okay, so here's a sample day. This is not an actual day, so please don't look meal by meal for small corrections. But this is the type of stuff I eat, and the macronutrient ratio is pretty accurate. I probably get a little more fat than this, but not much more. I just don't each much fat, even when I try, and I have to add egg yolks or tacos to increase it. If I eat out (food), it's usually Mexican. (Add your own joke about "eating out Mexicans" here.) Chicken tacos, stuff like that.

My workout time varies, but I shift these kinds of meals around to get the right kinds of foods pre and post-workout. Usually, I work out mid-day, so by then I've had 2-3 meals.

So for the record.

And this is probably pretty close on the kcals.
Just asked about pre-workout cause I didn't see during the rest of thread and I think CHO's are an important macro in SD cycles. Glad to see you include them.
I had modest gains on SD on 2 seperate occasions, modest compared to 15-20lbs in 3 weeks I read about. But both cycles have been been with kcals ~300kcals-500kcals above maintenance. I was looking for as lean of gains as possible. 1st was 3 weeks @ 20mg/day. +10lbs at end of week 3, +8lbs 3 weeks later (~14% BF). All increases of measurements remained same. Did ~3 weeks of maintenance Kcals while on Prostanazol 75mg/day, measurements remained stable except for waist -1.5", BF11% using 3 point caliper measurement @ my gym.
Just finished an aborted e-max cycle(poor gains, increased sides) with 3 weeks of SD. again modest but impressive gains which I also expect to keep ~6-8lbs (pretty sure 2 of the 8 was E-max). Focused more on legs, increase 3/4", calves up 1/2". I did no cardio during either. I did mostly low rep(4-8) heavier, compound exercises, but finished body parts with higher rep(15-20) lighter, isolation exercises.
Considering I should have been catabolic with my caloric intake as it was , I am most impressed with SD.

ZackMurphy

Awards
I had modest gains on SD on 2 seperate occasions....
Good info. Good anecdotes.

I'm also dropping some cardio now - feeling lean enough to get through the cycle, and I can always up my cardio after PCT, and drop the easy fat.

ZackMurphy

Awards
Day 15: 9/23/05

Chest:
Incline BB Press: 95 x 15, 115 x 10, 135 x 5
Decline DB Press: 40 x 15, 50 x 10, 60 x 8
Pec Fly: 25 x 15, 35 x 10, 45 x 6
Pec Deck: 70 x 15, 90 x 10, 110 x 5

Tris:
Extensions: 15, 10, 5
Skulls: bar + 30 x 15, 50 x 10, 60 x 7

10mg early AM, 10mg about 75 minutes pre-workout.

After weights, did 10 minutes cardio to cool down, then home to eat. Took the BCAAs, then a meal.

ZackMurphy

Awards
So far, I feel a slight size gain, but little else. I'll keep going though. My only issue now is whether I should bump myself to 30mg/day.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Zack
1) Drop all cardio
2) I think you may be underestimating your complex carb needs while on SD. SD sucks carbs out of my system. Cardio does too. Eat dirty for a day then really up oats, yams, whole wheat bread exc PWO.
3) I love eating a bowl of clam chowder with a miceller shake while on SD as my pre-bed meal.
4)If you aren't gaining weight while "on." Somethings wrong. Even if I was taking bunk hormones I gain weight while on. Restructure your program. SD is da bomb IMO.

Better luck man.

ZackMurphy

Awards
Zack
1) Drop all cardio
That's probably a good idea, at this point. I'm very active all day (training people), so it's not like I'm sitting on my arse 24/7. Even on off days, like Thursdays, it's an off day because that's my super busy day with clients.

I'll drop the cardio.
2) I think you may be underestimating your complex carb needs while on SD. SD sucks carbs out of my system. Cardio does too. Eat dirty for a day then really up oats, yams, whole wheat bread exc PWO.
Possibly right there, too. I'll add some. Easy enough. I like carbs.
3) I love eating a bowl of clam chowder with a miceller shake while on SD as my pre-bed meal.
I'm doing CC + nat PB now - same concept.
4)If you aren't gaining weight while "on." Somethings wrong. Even if I was taking bunk hormones I gain weight while on. Restructure your program. SD is da bomb IMO.
Solid suggestions. Thanks.