Hard gainers advice on eating.

dparsonsjr83

Awards
I am 34 and just can't gain wait. I am mid cycle veiny as hell and need simple ideas for calories with a super busy schedule. I weigh 135 and just can't keep up on eating enough so I need simple effective ideas.

mike33511

Awards
  • Established
Unless you're very very short, you shouldn't even be running a cycle 135 lbs. You could make great gains just eating properly. You are not a hard gainer; you're an undereater. Eat more calories on a daily basis and you will gain weight.

A few things that can help: nuts, nut butters, avocado, olive oil, and any other source of healthy fats. You can also make your own weight gainer shake. Liquid calories, in general, can help undereaters (like yourself) consume more calories.

dparsonsjr83

Awards
Mike33511 thanks for the reply and sounds pretty accurate.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
add oils to everything; drink shakes filled with nut butters, oils and decent carb sources; take bars anywhere on-the-go; stash nuts in your car, desk, pocket, etc. Eat anytime you sit down.

warlordwrug

Awards
  • Established
Coconut oil,peanut butter, rolled oats,dextrose and maltodextrin make a shake with these and you should have no issue gaining weight

dparsonsjr83

Awards
Ghrp6 or mk677 but then againshouldn't be any issues getting in 3k to 4k worth of calories especially if you aren't eating clean
I was trying to eagle an that's why I think I'm not gaining much so thought about just eating everything

Redhuman

Redhuman

Awards
Best thing for making you eat more is seeing someone with the muscle and ability you want...knowing they eat more than you...and then going and pounding down some rice

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Sometimes I add a weight gainer drink in to my calorie plan to help get some solid calories quick. I may even do a his before bed. If you can make your own, that's great. I use Mass Gainz by Iforce Nutrition now and then. Bottom line, is more calories

StatePlan1425

StatePlan1425

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you're not lactose intolerant, whole milk instead of water in your shakes. Or just in general with meals. Google Alan Thrall 10,000 calories and watch the video. Kind of funny but gives you some ideas.

bluestaffy09

bluestaffy09

Awards
Cyproheptadine. Makes you eat everything but it sucks because it also makes you really drowsy

greg916

Awards
Just try to eat a full meal every 2-3 hours and throw in your burgers, steak, pizza , etc for extra calories. When I graduated college I was a skinny 6’3 kid at 155lbs but got to 210 naturally in less than 2 yrs.