Ostarine cycle (need help)

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, still new to the forums so if I post this in the wrong section or it seems like it's been posted too many times I'm sorry. I wanted to post one more based on my problematic situation. I've been lifting for about 6 years, but have been out the past 3 months due to a car accident (lumbar sprain in my back). This injury has hindered me GREATLY, at first making it hard to walk/lay down let alone do push ups or pull ups. However, lately I've been back enough to start going on walks and do some push ups etc. I was planning on running an ostarine cycle for it proposed ability to heal injuries to tendon/ligaments plus maybe put that little pep in my step to get me back to a full regimen (I highly doubt I'll be back to benchin 225 for reps or deadlifting anything heavy, but perhaps it'll get me somewhere).
My plan was to run ostarine at 25mg a day for 4-8 weeks (not sure yet) in order to add ANY relief to my back. I have pct and on cycle ai on hand in case of any e2 flare up (I've heard the chance of this happening and have experienced it on previous cycles of ostarine) and so need some back up opinions guys! Thanks a lot

irishiron300

irishiron300

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Check out the anabolics section. You can make the run 8 wks in length. 12-25mg/day is where you'll want to be. Strength/size wise Osta won't produce huge gains, but it will let you hang on to muscle losing to not training as heavy and caloric consumption. The repair benefits of Osta is a nice fringe benefit.

Also, be sure to have a SERM on hand for PCT as Osta can be suppressive.

Edit: also if the primary purpose of the run is the repair benefit, I think you'd be satisfied with 12.5 mg/day. My .02

Plex78

Plex78

Awards
Run a pct and even an AI along side during the run. I had some moderate suppression. However it was an enjoyable run with gains that remained well after the cycle.

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys appreciate the replies, I have A DAA and tribulus bullcrap natty test booster with a low does exemestane for on cycle and toremifene for a short mini pct after cycle. My main purpose is for repair aspect, but do you think I could get more repairing with a dose of 25mg as opposed to 12.5 for the same length of time? (Money isn't an issue so I'd gladly spend double to get a better effect)

irishiron300

irishiron300

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've seen people do both for the repair properties. I've read logs with high and low dose. That said, my school of thought is that more does not always = better and I always want the lowest amount of chem to yield the greatest result. I think the 12.5 is plenty...and you can always increase dose as needed.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
If you're after Tendon/Ligament healing, I bet oral BPC-157 would work better. Ostarine suppresses pretty well - get a SERM. It also can make liver values jump (search for posts by T-Bone), so TUDCA on cycle may be prudent. It's not really a gainer though (reason it was canceled by GTx) but excels at retention. JMO.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Run it for 8 weeks. I always recommend the same PCT:

Nolva
20/20/10/10
Test booster (M test or Alpha Max XT)
x/x/x/x
Reduce XT (cortisol control)
0/0/3/3/3/3

Also could add in a support supp like Cycle Assist for on cycle.

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
Would u recommend test booster on cycle? Or after for pct? Only reason I ask is cuz of the suppression on cycle I've heard can lead to fatigue etc

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
Just seen the answer mentioned above guys haha, any other opinions?

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Just seen the answer mentioned above guys haha, any other opinions?
A test booster will do nothing testosterone related while using suppressive drugs - you need an exogenous Test source (like DHEA, 4-AD, EpiA, Trest). It *may* work via the non-hormonal aphrodisiac pathways. Same for PCT if you are using a SERM. When using drugs, they are for aphrodisia only (if they contain adaptogens, those can be beneficial - but the usual "increased castrated rats hormones" stuff... - only if they also make you horny).

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
Sorry, So what I've gotten from your post is that taking a test booster while on suppressive substances will NOT boost test, but instead may keep sex drive up?

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
Damn well instead of a natty test booster what would you recommend for fatigue? Maybe if I also add some gw 501516? I've heard good things about endurance. For the sake of those running just ostarine only though, how bad may the fatigue be as far as suppressing natural test? Because I've heard an over sense of well being being a factor in an ostarine cycle as well

Eight

Eight

Awards
No fatigue here; maybe you'll get lucky.

Can't stay asleep for more than an hour and my joints now creak like the house on haunted hill, but fatigue? Nope. :)

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Damn well instead of a natty test booster what would you recommend for fatigue? Maybe if I also add some gw 501516? I've heard good things about endurance. For the sake of those running just ostarine only though, how bad may the fatigue be as far as suppressing natural test? Because I've heard an over sense of well being being a factor in an ostarine cycle as well
I used 2 Pumps, 2x/day of Dermacrine for 8 weeks at 20-25mg of Ostarine and felt great. You'll have to go with another topical like OL or one of the ones on Amazon though, since BPS discontinued it.

The only dose of GW501516 that was shown to have any positive effect (in mice) was at the human equivalent of ~0.41mg/kg. That dose will put you close to the dosage of the female rats who all developed cancer after 2 years. Your life, your call.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you get fatigue, nothing will help with that. Just gotta tough out but hopefully you don't get it.

Don't run a test booster on cycle, complete waste.

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
Took my first dose today, noticed a paint thinner taste, numb tongue, and flush feeling upon administration, then instant mood drop? Don't know what could be causing that, nothing happened today besides maybe developing a slight headache after administration. Anyhow, I believe I'll use this dead thread to check in occasionally on my progress for any future readers who may be interested in ostarine

hambone2493

Awards
  • Established
Just btw when you post questions about anabolics we need your age.

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
Just an update, I dosed hours ago and have to report a general mood lift. Don't know why I experienced a mood drop yesterday maybe just coincidental but today I've noticed I'm in a better mood then normal. May be placebo but either way I'll take it

hambone2493

Awards
  • Established
This is why we needed your age because it is not wise to take anabolics before 25 years old.

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
I know but I suppose my life my choices. If you read in my original post I'm doing this cycle out of desperation for my back. I've had great results before for a shoulder injury and was hoping for the same for my back

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
Thank so. So far day two has been alright. Did some psh ups and pull ups for the first time in MONTHS. Results? Not so good. Struggled for 5 pull ups however push ups were wide spread on the bar and I managed to do a decent amount. Extremely sore but I wanted to get some pre strength in for when the ostarine kicks in. Through my 6 years of lifting I've noticed I have EXCELLENT muscle memory so I wanted to get it started. Will return for day 3 results. So far, I'm excited to get back in shape after 3 months of being so crippled I couldn't do anything

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
Well today's day 4, so far nothing to report. Maybe a general mood lift but that might just be because I'm excited!

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
Today ends day 5, after today I'll give updates whenever I feel the need to add any details. The biggest thing I've noticed this far is a persistent pain in the lower back part of my head touching my neck! Might not be ostarine related but I thought I'd include it as I'm trying to indicate every single change I notice. This started about day two and alleviates during the day but is apparent at night. Oh and sleep? Already starting to suck. I lay awake at night like I have mental energy, it just hasn't hit my body yet

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
8th dose was today, and gotta say after today's push ups sets today is the first day I feel on something. Definite pump and increased vascularity. Kinda walk around holding myself lighter. Tried to run today, to no avail buut my back is definitely a little better than it was last week. I think this cycle looks promising for 8 weeks

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
This should probably get moved to either the 'Logging' or 'Anabolic' sections?

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
11th dose was today, just wanted to update this log and say I'm definitely feeling the effects of ostarine now. They are subtle yet noticeable. Slight mood increase, increased strength, and pumps after my sets. If anyone wants to know, I'm currently doing all body weight stuff such as push ups pull ups and curling with a 25lb dumbbell. I plan on getting a gym membership this week so we'ok see how that goes

Voodoo1

Awards
I used this compound for healing from a car accident. My neck and lumbar were strained. It basically didn't work at ALL. I recommend immediate physical therapy. Find someone highly qualified and pay whatever it costs

Planks,foam rolling and push-ups can be a great start if they don't cause much pain

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
I've already done 3 months intensive physical therapy, which helped a great deal. Everyday physical pain has dissipated completely before starting this cycle and I also had some mobility. Since the start of the cycle I've started doing push ups and pull ups without any pain, I'm not putting this all on ostarine as the cause, it's just around the same time I decided to start trying to do them.

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
Also, as a side note, my knees are hurting something bad. Could this be estro related? Should I discontinue AI until I notice estrogen sides? Cuz I haven't noticed anything estro related since I've started ostarine yet

Eight

Eight

Awards
Could be low estrogen / dry joints.

You could try joint support + fish oils + lots and lots more water (ideally with salts to help you absorb and retain it - although it does mean a little bloat). Worked for me.

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
Alright thanks brother will do. I've been dosing Exemestane eod but might lower it to e3d or discontinue it in general until I notice anything estro related. I've been drinking >gallon of water a day so doubt it's that but I'll try upping that too

Eight

Eight

Awards
Not sure about exemestane, but arimistane made me piss continually. Didn't matter how much water I took in, it was coming straight out.

Got better when I upped my salts.

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
Just wanted to add, I got my first work out in at a gym today and DAMN BOI did I kill it! Attacked the weights! Crazy insane pumps and weights were no where close to as low as I thought they'd be

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
Debating either adding in epi andro or gw 501516 but can't make up my mind as to which one. Any suggestions?

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
So I've decided on adding both to my cycle, and will be getting them shortly (delay cuz of Memorial Day) so far into week 3 I've noticed nice and steady increases in strength and my back is almost not even noticable as to having an injury. Now I don't mean im ready to deadlift but I've been doing military presses and incline bench with no problem whatsoever

Lhom

Awards
I started a 4weeks run just for tendon healing purpose
I am stacking 12.5 osta + 5 mg GW
What is your dosage?

Keep you posted too

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
I'm on 25mg/day of ostarine and plan on running the gw for a month at 15mg

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
Sorry this being a lousy log, but honestly I felt the whole time that I was "waiting for something to happen" and well that day has yet to come. In week 3 I'm noticing a slight recomp effect but nothing spectacular. NO WHERE close to aas or the old designer steroids. So what did I do? I decided to end this cycle at 4 weeks, and hop on 1andro/epiandro. As my initial purpose was for healing purposes (which combined with starting to exercise, my back is probably about 80%healed now excluding the ability to deadlift) I now want a better cut cycle, so will be posting that in another thread

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Sorry this being a lousy log, but honestly I felt the whole time that I was "waiting for something to happen" and well that day has yet to come. In week 3 I'm noticing a slight recomp effect but nothing spectacular. NO WHERE close to aas or the old designer steroids. So what did I do? I decided to end this cycle at 4 weeks, and hop on 1andro/epiandro. As my initial purpose was for healing purposes (which combined with starting to exercise, my back is probably about 80%healed now excluding the ability to deadlift) I now want a better cut cycle, so will be posting that in another thread
Ostarine was never a "mass builder" - As a matter of fact, that was the reason GTx canceled development: The FDA wanted it to be. BUT - it is *excellent* at muscle RETENTION during severe caloric deficits. Ie. It's great for cutting. I personally made small, but impressive in a -900kcal deficit, strength gains using it for 8 weeks at 20mg/day. YMMV. One of the lead researchers at GTx stated that if he had a relative suffering from Sarcopenia - that he'd give it to him right then. It just doesn't "build".

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
^ this. I've noticed no real increases in body mass just slight slight recomping and some good pumps/endurance in the gym. Wel today skews my log for ostarine, as I dosed my first dose of epiandro 1000mg. The ostarine will be dosed for 6 more days and then dropped, and 1 andro will be picked up most likely at the latest in 2 days when it arrives. My overall experience with ostarine has been bitter sweet, as I was hoping for more mass and recomping but I definitely can say that I believe it has helped my back quite a great deal. Or atleast it gave me the push to get back into the gym and the results of that have helped my back a great deal. Will I be deadlifting anytime soon? No. I'll give myself a good year before I start to deadlift, but I'm back in the gym and I'll take that!