First Injection

Maqui1

Awards
I did my first ever pin last night about 1am. Test E 250mg/ml. 1CC. 25g. Into my right quad. Took a while to work up to it ha but the injection itself was relatively painless. Today about 12 hours after I realized the area is sore. Not painful but just sore. I imagine this is pretty normal as I've never given myself an injection of anything before and having a substance pushed into my leg. What would be the first sign or symptom that it didn't go as planned?

fdigioia99

fdigioia99

Awards
I did my first ever pin last night about 1am. Test E 250mg/ml. 1CC. 25g. Into my right quad. Took a while to work up to it ha but the injection itself was relatively painless. Today about 12 hours after I realized the area is sore. Not painful but just sore. I imagine this is pretty normal as I've never given myself an injection of anything before and having a substance pushed into my leg. What would be the first sign or symptom that it didn't go as planned?
Your fine absolutely normal. Just make sure it doesn't get red or warm to the touch. Quads get a little sore should be fine in a day or two.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
OP, virgin muscles will always have some PIP. once you keep pinning them, it gets easier and easier.

Maqui1

Awards
Right on Dill. Became more sore,still no pain, throughout the day and overnight. Worked a double and being couped up in a car probably didn't help. Much better at the moment 36 hours after. Looks like I'm in the clear. Appreciate the responses.

Maqui1

Awards
Just an update. Pinned my second into my right glute. Only took 20 minutes to work up to it as opposed to the two hours for my first pin ha. No sweating prior to pinning and no light-headedness afterwards. Start to finish much easier than the quad, which it still sore but soreness is on its way out. No redness or swelling. Just a bit difficult to reach back there. Any advice for some who's looking to do their first pin from someone who just did their first pin; use your glutes.

dillface02241

dillface02241

Awards
  • First Up Vote
delts are always my go to location. rotate between each delt and thighs.

Clipper83

Clipper83

Awards
  • Established
Just pinned my first time a last Thursday. Was a lot less anxious than I thought I would be, and it was a lot less painful as well. Did it in my glute however, really nervous about my quad for some reason.

Maqui1

Awards
Have some mild redness and soreness in my right glute 3 days after a pin. Doesn't feel concerning yet, just different than the last two glute pins. Only thing that's different in this was my first time pinning into a previous injection site. 7 days later. Reasonable or sound off?