Permanent effects on myonuclei by steroids

Sanpedro93

Awards
I read somewhere that a single course of steroids will have permanent effects in the sense that myonuclei will always be manipulated in a way that they'd never be if the steroids were never touched.

I think it concerned a study on rats and also a study on powerlifters that in comparison to non-steroid users had pronounced differences in their muscle tissue despite cessation of steroid use for prolonged periods of time.

Demi_God

Awards
Correct... it can last for 10 years or longer until the cells are all reproduced and turned over... Can't remember the medical term for that (proliferation??)

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
I read somewhere that a single course of steroids will have permanent effects in the sense that myonuclei will always be manipulated in a way that they'd never be if the steroids were never touched.

I think it concerned a study on rats and also a study on powerlifters that in comparison to non-steroid users had pronounced differences in their muscle tissue despite cessation of steroid use for prolonged periods of time.
http://www.ergo-log.com/testosterone-propionate-can-have-permanent-effect-on-muscles-animal-study.html

^this one?