Week 1 vs Week 8 pics - 16 week test/deca/SD transformation

TruthWalker

TruthWalker

Awards
  • Established
Ok...not sure how these will be received but I wanted to get some comments on my progress so far. I am 8 weeks into my test deca SD cycle and I am pretty happy with my progress so far and have learned a lot. But I honestly don't know if I'm getting everything I can out of the cycle so maybe someone can either validate what I've done so far or give me some constructive criticism. Cycle is 16 weeks of 600mg test 400mg deca, 10mg superdrol weeks 1-6 and 13-18. Diet is at +400 TDEE, 50% carbs 30% protein 20% fat, workouts are a combo of 5x5 for compound lifts and 4x8 or 3x12 for secondary lifts. Strength is way up across the board. I have done zero cardio.

Here are my pics so far.
Stats - 31, 6', 174lbs and ~16.5% BF in first pic, 184 lbs and ~14% BF in second

2016-10-27 00.26.44.jpg

2016-10-27 00.27.21.jpg

2016-10-27 00.27.54.jpg

This is my first injectable blast, I have been on Dr. prescribed trt for the past 18 months at 250mg/week but hadn't worked out due to a torn quad and chronic hamstring strain (both doing great now!) I am a former college and semi pro soccer player, but not in for ****ing ever. I have IBS and had a flare-up in week 6, so that sucked, and then week 7 my dumb ass decided to bump up to 750 test and 600 deca and my estrogen went thru the roof - I blew up like a ****ing balloon, felt like ****, had no libido, and had to take 1mg adex for a few days to get back to normal. I was at .25mg a day but I've bumped it up to .5

Halfway through week 8 and I have my estrogen under control and feel great again, gains stalled out completely last week I'm assuming due to the estrogen issues and coming off the first go round of SD (I don't think I really will ever need another oral I love it so much - I get zero side effects at 20mg. at 30 I get back pumps but that's it) so hopefully they kick back in stat. Also, I plan on getting blood work done as soon as I have the funds, as I know that's imperative.

Last edited:
TruthWalker

TruthWalker

Awards
  • Established
I'm loving it - weight gain stalled cause I was taking too much adex, so I stopped taking it for 5 days and am now taking .25mg two days after each injection.

I'm down to 12%bf, but I just upped my cals to 4500 (increased protein and healthy fat) because I want to put on a lot of size over the last 7 weeks. I'm looking forward to adding the SD back in 3 weeks from now!

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
No offense, but I suspect something is off with your training and/or diet.

TruthWalker

TruthWalker

Awards
  • Established
Strength is up, weight is only up 7lbs, but my body fat is down 4%. I am consistently upping the weight each week on every lift, haven't missed a workout, and I hit my macros to a T. I know this because I keep an insanely detailed log. Since I know there is nothing wrong with my diet or training perhaps you could point out what's wrong with my results? I thought that building muscle and burning fat at the same time was what everyone really wants to do but rarely can. No?

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
for a guy taking well over a gram a week of androgens/wk, I'd expect to see much more development.

what kind of weight are you putting up, if you don't mind me asking?

EDIT: for reference, when I ran superdrol solo, I saw similar gains to what you're seeing right now, and that was all I was taking.

TruthWalker

TruthWalker

Awards
  • Established
Ahh I see your point. The reason behind the paradox is the fact that I had been out of the gym for the past 18 months due to injury and personal issues, both since resolved. Lifts are not what someone who has been training consistently would be putting up. Did I jump on gear the week after I got back in the gym? You bet your ass I did. I'm 31 and I'm on TRT for life so there was no point in waiting. Lifts have gone from:

Bench: 155x5 to 195x6
Squat: 155x5 to 205x5 (previously torn rt quad, will never go very heavy)
Deads: 175x5 to 235x5
Pullups: max 7 to max 12

So, nothing incredibly impressive. But every week is consistent, linear progress. I think that's more important than lifting as much as possible. I make sure to keep very strict form, as I place a high priority on avoiding injury.

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
Ahh I see your point. The reason behind the paradox is the fact that I had been out of the gym for the past 18 months due to injury and personal issues, both since resolved. Lifts are not what someone who has been training consistently would be putting up. Did I jump on gear the week after I got back in the gym? You bet your ass I did. I'm 31 and I'm on TRT for life so there was no point in waiting. Lifts have gone from:

Bench: 155x5 to 195x6
Squat: 155x5 to 205x5 (previously torn rt quad, will never go very heavy)
Deads: 175x5 to 235x5
Pullups: max 7 to max 12

So, nothing incredibly impressive. But every week is consistent, linear progress. I think that's more important than lifting as much as possible. I make sure to keep very strict form, as I place a high priority on avoiding injury.
oh ****, those are good gains.

keep it up...

TruthWalker

TruthWalker

Awards
  • Established
Thanks! I think they're pretty good. It's weird I'm losing fat with how much I'm eating, as I'm averaging over 4600 cals a day...but I'm just going to attribute it to a combo of muscle memory, noob gains, and highly increased activity level. I went from training zero days a week to lifting heavy 4-5 days a week. I also am able to get 8-10 hours of sleep a night. Just a perfect storm of opportunity and discipline I guess.

solidsnake

solidsnake

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Glad to see you've covered your face now on them pics mate, you never know who could be on here

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Bro, you jumped back on too quick imo...

TruthWalker

TruthWalker

Awards
  • Established
Bro, you jumped back on too quick imo...
Yeah, I agree it probably would have been smarter and less risky if I'd waited 3-6 months. Buuut I didnt. Mostly due to impatience, I'll admit. However, I am strongly considering not adding the superdrol back in at the end, as I'm pretty happy with how things are going and don't see a reason to rock the boat

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah, I agree it probably would have been smarter and less risky if I'd waited 3-6 months. Buuut I didnt. Mostly due to impatience, I'll admit. However, I am strongly considering not adding the superdrol back in at the end, as I'm pretty happy with how things are going and don't see a reason to rock the boat
Yea, wouldn't bother seeing as to how you already used it to kickstart

TruthWalker

TruthWalker

Awards
  • Established
Cycle still going well - I took a week off lifting due to being sick and some elbow tendonitis. First workout back was chest on Saturday, then I did back yesterday. I'm pretty stoked - the scale is not really going up much, but I backed way off on calories especially while I was sick, and I think I look better after the week off actually lol.

I'm going to wait until the cycle is over to post pics. I've got 2 weeks' worth of deca left and after that I'll be dropping down to a 250mg/wk cruise.

Have had hardly any side effects except some minor acne, which clears up as soon as I take my AI.

Also recently changed up my training routine to up the volume on secondary lifts - For most of the cycle the goal was to gain strength and put on some decent size. It turned into more of a strength/recomp cycle so I'm going to continue to do 5x5 on compound lifts, but I'm lowering the weight while upping sets and reps on everything else to see what happens :)

I have added 2" to my arms, flexed, since starting.

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Differences are night and day. You're doing great man. Finish strong

TruthWalker

TruthWalker

Awards
  • Established
Update!! Pic on the left was 8/27 and pic on the right was today (and it was leg day). Strength is still going up!

I dropped the deca about 3 weeks ago and added 20mg Superdrol while continuing with 600mg test. I will continue this for another 3 weeks, or shorter if I start to feel bad, but right now I feel ****ing awesome! After that I'm going back to my trt dose of 250mg/week for 8 weeks or until bloods come back normal.

Just started a new job today, can't wait to get paid so I can start stocking up for the next couple years. And you bet your ass I killed legs in the gym today after work! And then stuffed my face with about 2000 calories lol.

2017-01-03 22.46.57.jpg

blitz1992

Awards
Looking great brother. I am in the same boat with about to start a similar cycle. I just started trt myself. I trained my ass off for 2 years before realizing my natural test is 260.(sick 80 year old status) Im only 24 btw.

I think im just gonna do a increased test and anavar cycle next month. Getting bloodwork done again in 3 weeks to see where my levels are after a month of 200mg test every 2 weeks.

TruthWalker

TruthWalker

Awards
  • Established
Well, the SD struggle is real. I wanted to continue for another 2 weeks, but 4 weeks was the max I could do at 20mg. I felt fantastic up through 3.5 weeks and then BOOM. My insides started hurting and got bad acid reflux. That being said, I'm gonna continue the 600mg test for two weeks then drop back to 250mg a week until bloods are normal.

Numbers wise, I've gone from 6', 177lbs and 16.5%bf to 190lbs at 11%bf. Strength gains have been phenomenal and are still increasing each week.

I have to say diet was the main factor in my results. If I hadn't eaten as strictly as I have, I would not have gotten near the results.

I will post final pics in two weeks before I drop back to cruise dose.