Spartan Shredding With EPIMAX!

LDubs

LDubs

Awards
Hello Everybody!

I am very excited to be logging Spartan Nutrition's Epimax product. BIG thanks to yates84 Dma378 booneman77 and Sparta Nutrition for the opportunity to log this! In case you are not familiar with Epimax, here is the label:

Me: I am a 31 year old male. Married with 2 kids. Starting weight is 192lbs. I'll let you guess my bf% from the nudz. I think its around 15%, but I might be wrong. (It happens a lot lol) EDIT: ***BEFORE PICS ARE AT POST #36***

Training History:
I came into the iron game late in life. I hardly ever touched a weight until I was about 25 or 26. I had buddies who lifted when I was younger and I would occasionally try to lift weights that were too heavy for me and I got this idea in my head that I was weak and that was that.

Fast forward to my mid twenties I learned about Starting Strength and bought the book and began the program. I got my lifts up to semi respectable numbers and got pretty fat in the process.

Eventually I ended up messing up my back really bad. I couldn't even move without severe pain and spasms. I had an MRI done and they found significant bulging at L4-L5 and L5-S1 and also said I had degenerative disc disease.

It took me a while to get back into the gym and when I did I was determined to reduce the weight, focus on very strict form, and make choices about risk vs reward of various movements. Back squats cause pain and spasm with even light weight so I dropped them. Front squats dont seem to irratate my back so I use those and rear foot elevated split squats as my primary Squat movement. I can deadlift fine, completely pain free, so that has become my main lower body (full body you might say) power movement.

Goals: I am currently cutting. My goals for this cycle are to maintain (or gain obviously) strength while shedding some nasty fat!

Training: I use a push/pull split. I typically train 2 on 1 off but will sometimes go to every other day if Im feeling run down and beat up. It usually doesn't take long before I'm back to 2 on/1 off though. I will get some pics of my log book up soon to give you an inside look at exactly what goes down when I train. As I mentioned above, I put an emphasis on using perfect form to help reduce the chance of future injuries. You will see my lifts are not all that impressive, but it's where I am currently at in this journey.

Diet: My cals right now are set at 2400. I had been down at 2100 for a bit but slowly backed up to 2400 for a bit slower fat loss attack to try and keep strength up. I use flexible dieting as well as intermittent fasting. My macro breakdown for the last couple months has been around 40% pro/ 35% carb/ 25% fat.

Cycle Layout: I will be running 5 caps of epimax each day (500mg/day). Not sure about dosing times yet. Any suggestions? I will follow this cycle up with pharm grade nolva (Which is already on hand) and maybe some other goodies to help out in pct. I will do a basic 20/20/20/20 with the nolva.

Other supps that will be used daily are: creatine, bcaa, PA from SL granules, multi-v, fish oil, whey

Debating on whether or not to use a preworkout. Any suggestions on that? Does epiandro raise BP enough to worry about high stim preworkouts? Will I even need it with the epiandro or will it serve the same function?

THANKS FOR FOLLOWING ALONG AS WELL AS ANY AND ALL SUPPORT AND CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM DURING THIS LOG!

coltonwalker

coltonwalker

Awards
Not bashing by any means just trying to learn. Why the nolva after an Epicurus cycle? or do you have other compounds. Or are you running the Epi during your PCT of a cycle. Thanks. Best of luck! ill be following

LDubs

LDubs

Awards
Not bashing by any means just trying to learn. Why the nolva after an Epicurus cycle? or do you have other compounds. Or are you running the Epi during your PCT of a cycle. Thanks. Best of luck! ill be following
I'm not running epicurus. I'm running epimax which is epiandro and that can be mildly suppresive.

Thanks for following though!

coltonwalker

coltonwalker

Awards
I'm not running epicurus. I'm running epimax which is epiandro and that can be mildly suppresive.
Umm.. please disregard my last comment and lack of reading.. woops lol that makes more sense. carry on

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
All up in dis!

YouBet33

YouBet33

Awards
In considering this in my next run!

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
Also for dosing I would definitely recommend something like 3 pwo and then the other two split throughout the day I believe , when I ran epiandro I broke PRs easily when dosing most preworkout it honestly made the weight feel lighter

LDubs

LDubs

Awards
Also for dosing I would definitely recommend something like 3 pwo and then the other two split throughout the day I believe , when I ran epiandro I broke PRs easily when dosing most preworkout it honestly made the weight feel lighter
Thanks for the advice! That sounds like a good plan and I'm definitely looking forward to the weights feeling lighter!

Were you cutting when you were on epiandro?

berazzled

berazzled

Awards
  • Established
Im in i have this ordered if it ever shows up.

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the advice! That sounds like a good plan and I'm definitely looking forward to the weights feeling lighter!

Were you cutting when you were on epiandro?
Nah I was bulking I was on the main 3 andros but I could easily point out the difference when supplementing 250-500 mgs pre workout I think I did 750 one day and I remember hitting 315 on flat bench for 4 like it was nothing when before that getting to 2 was a struggle

LDubs

LDubs

Awards
Nah I was bulking I was on the main 3 andros but I could easily point out the difference when supplementing 250-500 mgs pre workout I think I did 750 one day and I remember hitting 315 on flat bench for 4 like it was nothing when before that getting to 2 was a struggle
That's awesome to hear!

LDubs

LDubs

Awards
Can't wait for this stuff to get here! I'm ready to go!

LDubs

LDubs

Awards
Added a couple things to my initial post. (Other supps used while taking Epimax)

coltonwalker

coltonwalker

Awards
Like to see that creatine. Any glutamine by chance? And as far as pre that's up to you. Me personally wouldn't take a high stim pre at all. Maybe a low stim or no stim pump matrix. But I'm still a noob lol

coltonwalker

coltonwalker

Awards
That's also coming from me who initially thought you were running epicurus -_-...

LDubs

LDubs

Awards
Thanks. The only preworkouts I have right now are Hyde, which is pretty high stim, and about half a IFN Hemavo2 Max, which is non stim pump.

I'll probably try the epimax on its own a few times and then if I feel I want to add in the v02 max I will.

unreal89

unreal89

Awards
Im in on this love epiandro i would taper down nolva 20/20/10/10 all else looks good have fun

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm along for the ride !

IT'S TIME TO
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1467855291.693014.jpg

LDubs

LDubs

Awards
I updated my initial post again with more info about my training history, injury history, etc. Check it out.

coltonwalker

coltonwalker

Awards
I updated my initial post again with more info about my training history, injury history, etc. Check it out.
I have the same 3 discs bulging and spinal stenosis. No fun.. way to push through though. So worth it imo.

PHAMPTON1105

PHAMPTON1105

Awards
Subbed bro. Good Luck! Cannot wait to get my EPIMAX and hop on the gain train!!

LDubs

LDubs

Awards
Nothing in the mail today. Hopefully tomorrow! I'm getting very anxious!

berazzled

berazzled

Awards
  • Established
How did you get rid of love handles!?thats all i have left to shred.wont go away

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Here are some starting pics I took first thing this morning. These are cold, not pumped.

What do you think my bf% is at to start this?
Solid base. Bf is so hard to tell. Everyone holds it in different locations so how I look at 10 (say focused on abs) can be drastically different than the next guy.

That said, maybe 12ish... Could be slightly lower but like I said, once you have any bit of abs to show, it's so subjective

LDubs

LDubs

Awards
Solid base. Bf is so hard to tell. Everyone holds it in different locations so how I look at 10 (say focused on abs) can be drastically different than the next guy.

That said, maybe 12ish... Could be slightly lower but like I said, once you have any bit of abs to show, it's so subjective
Thanks Boone! That makes me feel good as I was thinking 14-15% at the lowest. Hopefully this cycle will help me get closer to 10% (which is my goal) while holding onto all my strength!

LDubs

LDubs

Awards
How did you get rid of love handles!?thats all i have left to shred.wont go away
I dunno, but my lower chest fat and pooch below the belly button seem to be very happy where they are because it's been tough trying to get rid of that. Hopefully in another month or two it will all be gone!

LDubs

LDubs

Awards
I want some opinions on an idea I've been thinking about.

I began cutting with the goal of getting down to 10% bf. However, I am considering starting to reverse diet out of my deficit and then stay relatively close to maintenance for a bit. I would plan on adding 100cals every 7-10 days. If I go that route, I will still be at a deficit for this entire cycle. It will just be decreasing throughout.

What do you think? Based off of my starting pics, should i keep cutting until I hit the 10% mark or begin to reverse diet out of it?

Thanks for your thoughts and input!

coltonwalker

coltonwalker

Awards
Judging by the pics I think it would be a better idea to go the increasing by 100 route, specially with the epi. Possibly more of a chance for gains, but still shedding a little fat imo. That's what I would do personally. Then during pct, stay close to if not at maintenance to keep as much as possible. Again, just my opinion

LDubs

LDubs

Awards
Judging by the pics I think it would be a better idea to go the increasing by 100 route, specially with the epi. Possibly more of a chance for gains, but still shedding a little fat imo. That's what I would do personally. Then during pct, stay close to if not at maintenance to keep as much as possible. Again, just my opinion
Thanks for your input bro!

Any other thouhts or opinions?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I want some opinions on an idea I've been thinking about.

I began cutting with the goal of getting down to 10% bf. However, I am considering starting to reverse diet out of my deficit and then stay relatively close to maintenance for a bit. I would plan on adding 100cals every 7-10 days. If I go that route, I will still be at a deficit for this entire cycle. It will just be decreasing throughout.

What do you think? Based off of my starting pics, should i keep cutting until I hit the 10% mark or begin to reverse diet out of it?

Thanks for your thoughts and input!
What is your weight drop looking like at current cals?

Also, I usually wait two weeks between cal bumps so that I can actually see what each one does for my weight/comp. every week is too fast to base your next move on

LDubs

LDubs

Awards
What is your weight drop looking like at current cals?

Also, I usually wait two weeks between cal bumps so that I can actually see what each one does for my weight/comp. every week is too fast to base your next move on
My weight loss over the last 4 weeks or so has been about 3 or 4 lbs. (I'm not at home with my notebook, but I'm pretty sure it's about that.) So, almost a pound a week.

Thanks for the tip on increasing cals. I've never done a reverse diet before so I don't have much knowledge of how to do it well. When I begin increasing cals I will wait 2 weeks before bumping up another 100. Thanks again!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
My weight loss over the last 4 weeks or so has been about 3 or 4 lbs. (I'm not at home with my notebook, but I'm pretty sure it's about that.) So, almost a pound a week.

Thanks for the tip on increasing cals. I've never done a reverse diet before so I don't have much knowledge of how to do it well. When I begin increasing cals I will wait 2 weeks before bumping up another 100. Thanks again!
The key to a successful reverse is adjusting based on results. Sometimes you just hit a wall and need to allow longer periods for your body to adjust or you'll gain too fast. And sometimes you need very small increases. I personally only go up by 50cal max at a time.

Week one I usually bump 100-150 but slllooooowwww after that as I have a garbage metabolism.

If you're only losing 1lb a week, it's gonna be hard to get any slower. I would add the epi (at current cals) wait 2-3 weeks, and see what's happening. Evaluate then.

LDubs

LDubs

Awards
The key to a successful reverse is adjusting based on results. Sometimes you just hit a wall and need to allow longer periods for your body to adjust or you'll gain too fast. And sometimes you need very small increases. I personally only go up by 50cal max at a time.

Week one I usually bump 100-150 but slllooooowwww after that as I have a garbage metabolism.

If you're only losing 1lb a week, it's gonna be hard to get any slower. I would add the epi (at current cals) wait 2-3 weeks, and see what's happening. Evaluate then.
Cool. Thanks Boone!

LDubs

LDubs

Awards
I'm guessing that the Epimax should be here by the end of the week. yates84 said they just shipped product to the loggers.