LGD 8 Week Log (5mg)

Bearmode

Bearmode

Awards
Sorry if this is the wrong spot for this. I'm new to the forums and couldn't find anywhere else that seemed relevant.

[Background]
6'1
229 (17-20%BF)
I calipered myself @ 14% but judging by the mirror I feel like its a bit low.

I've been a lifelong athlete. Played football, basketball and took track. Played football at the college and semi pro level.

I've never been on gear or PEDs so something like this is a new feeling.

The main reason I became interested in LGD because after a mild cut. Went from 245 to 230. I lost a ton of strength. Literally every one of my lifts went down.

That being said. I still wish to shed a few percent bf. So I'm looking for a solid recomp effect.

Bearmode

Bearmode

Awards
[Week 1]

My LGD showed up on monday. My initial feelings were flooded with excitement/panic. The panic was reinforced when I took my first dose. Nothing prepares you for the jet fuel flavor. I took a week off prior to this cycle just so I could be as fresh as possible.

Day 1

My daily "stack"
5mg LGD
Fish oil
Vitamin D
Creatine
Pre Workout

Combined with 3500 Calories. I don't count them super closely. I just try to keep somewhat clean.

After the first dose I was hyped and ready to go. 100% placebo but nevertheless I went and killed it in they gym.

I do a push pull legs routine, I started with legs on monday

Squat
45x10
95x10
135x5
185x5
(Work Sets)
225x5
275x5
315x8
I then backed off and did

4x10 @135

Bulgarian Split Squats
4x8

Sled Drags
6x20 yds DnB

Legs were trashed at this point. However I felt focus and explosive. Most likely a placebo on day one.

Day 2

Tuesday

I'm getting used to the taste of the LGD.

I ride my bike to and from work , but I may reconsider for a while if my pump and DOMS are going to be like this. It was excruciating (in a good way) on the way home this morning.

I had my push workout.

OHP
(Warm Up sets were supersets with Rear Delt Raise )
45x8
65x5
95x5
(Work Sets)
115x5
125x5
135x12 (RM PR)

(Back off sets)
4x10 @95

Incline DB
4x8 @ 75

Chest Dips
50 reps in 6 sets

OHP has always been my worst lift. My all time ORM was 225 @ a BW of 245. Today however I felt really strong. Super focused again.

Day 3

Wednesday

Pull. Pull. Pull.

Back day is quickly becoming my favorite day.

Pull ups (wide)
14 (Ties a PR from HS)

BB Row.
5x15 @ 135

These seriously felt lighter as the sets went on. Was only gonna do 4x10

Kroc Rows
2xAmrap @ 100

Ended up with 25 on the first set and 22 on the second. Got pretty gassed doing these.

EZ Bar Curls.

Did 4 sets with various grips. My pump was crazy.

My hunger has been ridiculous today. Didnt seem like I'd ever be full.
Haven't checked the scale. I will probably only do that once a week.

Day 4

Thursday

Was an off day, felt good to kick back but at the same time I'm itching to get in the weight room.

Bearmode

Bearmode

Awards
Day 5

Friday 6/10

Took my dose when I woke up. My body is...for lack of a better term..."Full" My forearms have pretty much been permanently pumped for the past two days.

I've had complete mental clarity, like I'm completely laser focused on what needs to be done today. Also I feel like people have been treating me differently. I've notice people staring at my shoulders/traps when I wear cutoffs...maybe they just think I look like a tool lol

Gonna hit legs today.

Going to ramp up on deadlift, and really try to hit glutes/hammies with my accessory work.

Maybe I'll throw in some front squats for good measure.

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
Day 5

Friday 6/10

Took my dose when I woke up. My body is...for lack of a better term..."Full" My forearms have pretty much been permanently pumped for the past two days.

I've had complete mental clarity, like I'm completely laser focused on what needs to be done today. Also I feel like people have been treating me differently. I've notice people staring at my shoulders/traps when I wear cutoffs...maybe they just think I look like a tool lol

Gonna hit legs today.

Going to ramp up on deadlift, and really try to hit glutes/hammies with my accessory work.

Maybe I'll throw in some front squats for good measure.
I suggest ramping up dosage tbh, i have 6 lgd cycles so just trying to impart some knowledge.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sub'd. Thinking about running low dose LGD myself

also - strength almost always go down on large cuts like that. Don't let it get you down!

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
Do you have any HMB? It's perfect for these kinds of cuts, HMB is a miracle worker for cuts.

Bearmode

Bearmode

Awards
I suggest ramping up dosage tbh, i have 6 lgd cycles so just trying to impart some knowledge.
How would you suggest ramping? The only reason I planned 5 across the board for 8 weeks is because I only have one bottle atm.

Although it was definitely cheap enough. I wish I woulda grabbed another.

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
beta-Hydroxy beta-methylbutyric acid

https://examine.com/supplements/hmb/

HMB (short for β-Hydroxy β-Methylbutyrate) is a metabolite of the amino acid Leucine that, along with KIC (α keto-isocaproate) and isovaleryl-CoA, mediate the effects of leucine. Approximately 5% of dietary leucine is oxidized into HMB, and HMB appears to be the main metabolite of leucine that more effectively prevents the breakdown of muscle protein.

When compared to leucine, HMB appears to be significantly more potent on a gram per gram basis at attenuating the rate of muscle protein breakdown but is less effective than leucine at inducing muscle protein synthesis. Due to this, HMB is marketed as an anti-catabolic agent (purposed to reduce the rate of muscle breakdown) rather than an anabolic agent (purposed to increase muscle mass).

Human trials don't normally tend to be structured to properly assess the effects of HMB, as most of the studies are a standard diet paired with an exercise regimen investigating the role of HMB in promoting muscle protein synthesis (of which it is similar to leucine in the sense that there are positive results, but quite unreliably so); the limited evidence that assesses HMB during periods of muscle loss are either underpowered or not in athletes.

HMB, currently, appears to be a pretty interesting supplement for the purpose of reducing muscle wasting during periods where muscle atrophy is accelerated (cachexia, AIDS, bedrest) and should theoretically work in athletes on a calorie restricted diet but is not fully established for this role yet (which is a notable issue, since Glutamine has a large dichotomy between clinical and healthy populations).

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
How would you suggest ramping? The only reason I planned 5 across the board for 8 weeks is because I only have one bottle atm.

Although it was definitely cheap enough. I wish I woulda grabbed another.
I would do 5 mg for first 2 weeks 10 for the last 6 since it's youre first cycle, me i've gone up to 16mg and that is most certainly the sweet spot.

Bearmode

Bearmode

Awards
I would do 5 mg for first 2 weeks 10 for the last 6 since it's youre first cycle, me i've gone up to 16mg and that is most certainly the sweet spot.
I'll probably buy a couple more bottles so it shouldn't be a problem. I just didn't want to buy a ton and have this source not be legit.

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
I'll probably buy a couple more bottles so it shouldn't be a problem. I just didn't want to buy a ton and have this source not be legit.
Completely understandable, but PM me the source, and i can tell you if g2g i've tried 3 different brands.

Bearmode

Bearmode

Awards
Day 5 (con't)

Deadlift
135x8
185x5
225x5
245x5
275x5
295x3
315x3
345x1
375x1x5

Left some weight in the tank. Really focused on form and squeezing my glutes. One of my minor goals is to be able to dunk more consistently. Meaning a higher vert. I know my posterior chain is one of my weaknesses so I really want to hammer it.

RDL
135x10
185x10
225x10
225x8

Lower back was really pumped, last reps were a struggle.

Kneeling GHR
4x10

Then I ran through some basketball drills and attempted some dunks.

Brandaddy

Brandaddy

Awards
Interesting, would you say your strength is starting to come back this quick? Have you increased calories after you started? Or have you been cutting on 3,500?

Bearmode

Bearmode

Awards
My TDEE is approximately 3800

I try to get in between 3000-3500 a day, but I don't really log my calories any more.

As far as strength goes

@245/230
OHP:225/190
Bench: 315/275
Squat: 450/405
Deadlift: 465/425

The values at 230 are approximate as well, but weights that were normally light have been heavier.

That being said I haven't really been training heavily up until this week. It was more light weight high volume stuff. So it could be that I'm just not used to low rep, heavy weight stuff anymore.

I haven't seen maximal strength gains, but my endurance seems higher. By the 3rd and 4th set on my accessory work the weight is almost effortless.

Bearmode

Bearmode

Awards
I'm pretty good at staying constant with my workouts on the fly, and reading my body. So typically I don't log anything outside of my main lifts.

But for sake of this experiment I want to show all of the potential LGD has.

So here's what my workout will be for the next 8 weeks.

Push

OHP
4x5
1x5+
4x10 (Back off Sets)

Inc DB Press
Chest Dips
Inc DB Flys
Skull Crushers

(All accessory work is 4x8 if I hit all of my reps, next workout add 2 reps, once I hit 4x12 I add weight.)

Pull

BB Row
4x5
1x5+
4x10

Pull Ups
DB Rows
Face Pulls
EZ Bar Curls

Legs

Squat / Deadlift (alternate every workout)
4x5
1x5+
4x10

SLDLs/Front Squat (Alternate every workout)
Bulgarian Split Squats
Kneeling GHR
Dunk attempts
5-10

Mon-Legs
Tue-Pull
Wed-Push
Thu-Off
Fri-Legs
Sat-Pull
Sun-Push

Brandaddy

Brandaddy

Awards
Okay. I actually just went through a cut, had pretty similar strength stats as you starting out. 325 bench, 425 squat, and 495 dead. I homestly didn't lose ANY strength at all on my cut from 15% to 8%. Dieting is a very tricky thing that if done right, you can still actually gain muscle in the process. I actually set a few volume pr's in the process and pulled 405x8 and benched 295x6, squatted 345x8 atg, that was with no ped's also. Now I just started a lean bulk with tren and msten. This is where the fun really starts 500 carbs a day, 275 grams of protein and 125 grams of fats. Ha.

Bearmode

Bearmode

Awards
Okay. I actually just went through a cut, had pretty similar strength stats as you starting out. 325 bench, 425 squat, and 495 dead. I homestly didn't lose ANY strength at all on my cut from 15% to 8%. Dieting is a very tricky thing that if done right, you can still actually gain muscle in the process. I actually set a few volume pr's in the process and pulled 405x8 and benched 295x6, squatted 345x8 atg, that was with no ped's also. Now I just started a lean bulk with tren and msten. This is where the fun really starts 500 carbs a day, 275 grams of protein and 125 grams of fats. Ha.

Yeah...my problem has always been diet. It's not as tight as it should be. I really should be logging that as well.

My belief at least when I was playing sports, is that the extra weight/bodyfat was on as long as I could still move.

Now that I don't play anymore. I just want to look as lean as possible and protect my old man joints lol

Brandaddy

Brandaddy

Awards
Ha. Yeah. Honestly, to have a successful cut, you NEED to whip out a food scale and weigh all of your foods, and have pre planned meals, etc. It's pretty tricky when you start getting into nutrient timing, carb cycling, etc.

Bearmode

Bearmode

Awards
Anyone have any experience with dermacrine? I've been searching a few other LGD logs and I see that a few of them have used it with good results...

Thoughts??

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
Subbed!! Thank you for you log. Are you doing bloods?

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
Even though I know I should side with caution. I wasn't planning on it.

Thanks for the sub!
Looks like you're currently on day 5. How often will you weigh & measure bf%?

Are you going to do 5mg for all 8 weeks, or are you going to change the dosage through the cycle?

Bearmode

Bearmode

Awards
Looks like you're currently on day 5. How often will you weigh & measure bf%?

Are you going to do 5mg for all 8 weeks, or are you going to change the dosage through the cycle?
One a week. Day 7, 14, 21...so on

I'm thinking based on suggestions that I'm gonna bump up to 10mg next week

Bearmode

Bearmode

Awards
Day 6 (Sat)

Not an ounce of DOMS today...after deadlift day that's usually unheard of.

Will be lifting later tonight

Bearmode

Bearmode

Awards
Got these bad boys in the mail. $1.97 they have 90% off coupons for those who agree to do Amazon reviews for em.

So far so good. Seem sturdy and well built, will be giving them a go tonight.

Attachments

Bearmode

Bearmode

Awards
BB Row
95x5
135x5
155x5
185x5
225x8

Pull Ups 8,8,8,8
DB Rows 120x4x8
Face Pulls blue band 4x12
EZ Bar Curls 95x4x8

Workout felt great, not used to doing the volume that I've been doing. So a little iffy on some of the weights.

Like I said I have no soreness from Deadlift. I've felt calm, confident and aggressive (in a good way) all day.

Loving LGD so far

Bearmode

Bearmode

Awards
Day 7

Woke up and weighed in.

I've gained nearly 4lbs this week. Now I'm not so naïve to say that its all muscle, I'm sure it's mostly water however that's a pretty decent gain.

I'll take a mirror test later tonight.

Bearmode

Bearmode

Awards
In on this one, def a good start!
Welcome!

I didn't get a chance to take progress pics. But my workout yesterday was great. I'm at work now, but I'll get the numbers written up later.

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
Welcome!

I didn't get a chance to take progress pics. But my workout yesterday was great. I'm at work now, but I'll get the numbers written up later.
Being at work should not preclude you from taking progress pics. Show the coworkers the gains!

[video=youtube;D7od4WMrqNo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7od4WMrqNo[/video]

Bearmode

Bearmode

Awards
I can tell you it's hotter than hell in here, so I wouldn't mind rippin my shirt off.

Bearmode

Bearmode

Awards
Progress pics.

So, this is day 8 post work, post meal, fully hydrated.

Don't look any leaner, I'm still up 4 lbs. Stomach looks a bit puffier but my muscles actually feel harder. My traps and back feel enormous.

Another big thing is that I haven't gotten tired mid day throughout this entire week.

Got legs in a while...

Wish me luck

Attachments

Bearmode

Bearmode

Awards
Nightmare scenario with work and kids today. Had to put workouts on the back burner. Meaning I'm going to have to have an AM and PM session tomorrow to catch up.

On the bright side my muscles have never felt this hard. Bis and Tris feel huge.

prider

prider

Awards
Nightmare scenario with work and kids today. Had to put workouts on the back burner. Meaning I'm going to have to have an AM and PM session tomorrow to catch up.

On the bright side my muscles have never felt this hard. Bis and Tris feel huge.
same for me ! On 15th lgd 5mg day my bis/tris are f*ckin swolle :D

Joe12

Joe12

Awards
That's awesome, and your only 10-days in! From reading other logs, seems like LGD kicks in hard around the 3rd week.
You sticking with 5mg for the entire 8-weeks?

Bearmode

Bearmode

Awards
That's awesome, and your only 10-days in! From reading other logs, seems like LGD kicks in hard around the 3rd week.
You sticking with 5mg for the entire 8-weeks?
Taking 10 mg from here on out. Yeah, this is my first cycle of anything. So either it's in my head or I got lucky!

Thanks for following!

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
Taking 10 mg from here on out. Yeah, this is my first cycle of anything. So either it's in my head or I got lucky!

Thanks for following!
Some people respond very well to sarms, myself included.

Joe12

Joe12

Awards
Thanks for following!
That's awesome, I plan to begin my 1st cycle of LGD this Monday. I was thinking 5/5/5/10/10/10. If everything is copacetic on the 6th week, I will extend it to 7 or 8 weeks. Just need to see how my body reacts. I'm going for a lean bulk, don't want to blow up to much. 10lb would be perfect.

Bearmode

Bearmode

Awards
That's awesome, I plan to begin my 1st cycle of LGD this Monday. I was thinking 5/5/5/10/10/10. If everything is copacetic on the 6th week, I will extend it to 7 or 8 weeks. Just need to see how my body reacts. I'm going for a lean bulk, don't want to blow up to much. 10lb would be perfect.
I started at 229. I weighed my self this morning and I'm at 233. No noticeable puffiness/fat gain.

Should work well for a clean bulk.