Cycle Log Template

DirtyWilly

DirtyWilly

Awards
  • Established
Cycle Log Template - [1 / 3]

Greetings loggers!

The first thing I think many of you might have noticed when starting a log was the lack of guidance or direction.

What do I say?
What do I log?
How do I even get started?

That's the goal of this posting, to provide a basic template to use when starting your logs. Trust me, I’m the last person to squash creativity and some of these logs are a blast to read. With that said, this is simply a template of tips and ideas to draw from if you decide to share your experience. I’m not sponsored, nor do I have any connection to the fitness industry, this is just some of the helpful things I’ve noticed running my own log. By all means, experienced loggers feel free to add; in fact, I challenge you to.

It’s important we quickly touch on the reason for logging. There are lots of reasons to run a log. You might be looking for information/support, something to keep you accountable, or just to show others how swole you’ve gotten. Any log that includes elements from all of the above would make a great log, but the ones that really stand out are those that give back to the community. In my opinion, any log that gives to the community first and for example, keeps you accountable second, will not only shine but be the most helpful even to yourself. Your log and from that your results, will only be that much better.

Privacy
DON’T DISCLOSE INFORMATION YOU DON’T WANT OTHERS TO SEE. Keep your logs as sterile from personal information as possible. Though I do enjoy seeing what the members on here look like, hide your faces, tats, and scars in your pics. My opinion, avoid saying “my wife”, “my husband” or “my kids”, say I look huge. Obviously, I wouldn’t mention where you live or what gym you go to, generalizations are typically enough. Be careful of what information you tell others. If your log title is “JonJon’s 6 Week Dragon DBol Cycle” and you tell the gym crowd you’re taking Dragon supplements for 6 weeks, someone might put two-and-two together.

With all that in mind, let’s begin...

DirtyWilly

DirtyWilly

Awards
  • Established
Cycle Log Template - [2 / 3]

Any logs that include anabolics should be started in the following section:
AnabolicMinds.com > Forum > Anti-Aging Discussion > Anabolics > Cycle Info >

Title
This is going to be the first thing everyone, including search engines see. It dictates to others and importantly to yourself, what your cycle is about. No two titles should be the same so creativity is encouraged. Make your title stand out, but since this is a template here’s a basic format I would recommend.

{full name of company} {full name of product} {“log” or “cycle” for searches} with some optionals.
{sponsored/unsponsored} {cycle duration – may change} {bulking/recomp/cutting}

Example: IronFlex Diabolix Log: Unsponsored - 6 Weeks, Cutting
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/278829-ironflex-diabolix-log.html
It’s best to use full names where possible but if the title is too long feel free to abbreviate. Some products are better known by abbreviation.

Intro
While not necessary, if you like include a brief introduction about your log. A few sentences, a short paragraph at most. Less is more, let the data speak for itself. Recommend including what compounds you’re running, a very brief touch on your goals and maybe your experience with anabolics, is this your first?

Starting Information
If you're uncomfortable including any information don’t include it. If you don’t want to include your age or weight, generalize (I weigh around 150lbs, or I’m over 30 years old), but if you’re still not comfortable don’t do it. This is not an excuse not to gather this information though! Just because you don’t want to include your starting weight, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t collect this data for personal records.

GET BLOODWORK DONE!
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/157529-cheap-bloodwork-how.html
There are cheap labs that will do this for less than a bottle of whatever you’re taking. If you don’t have enough money to get it done, consider you might not be in the best place for starting a cycle.

Good Starting Stats to Include
  • Weight/Height/Estimated Body Fat (list American units first, Metric second in brackets if desired)
  • Total Testosterone
  • Free Testosterone
  • Estradiol
  • Luteinizing Hormone (LH)
  • FSH, Serum
  • Triglycerides
  • Cholesterol, HDL
  • Cholesterol, LDL
  • AST/ALT
  • WBC/RBC/Hemocrit
Good Records to Include
  • Best efforts of the core three lifts at minimum
  • Bench Press/Deadlift/Squat
  • 1 Mile/5K/10K/Half Marathon/Marathon Time
  • 40-Yard Dash (though I’ve never met anyone who hasn’t lied about this)
  • Sit-ups in 60 seconds
  • Push-ups in 60 seconds
  • Dips in 60 seconds
  • Total Pull-ups
  • Vertical Leap
  • Standing Broad Jump
  • Measured Sit and Reach (use a yard stick)
Good Measurements to Include (Flexed)
  • Neck
  • Shoulder
  • Chest
  • Arm
  • Forearm
  • Waist
  • Hip
  • Thigh
  • Calve
Other Information to Include
  • Average daily calories
  • Average sleep per night
  • Average fluid per day
  • Blood pressure
  • Resting heart rate
  • Estimated VO2 max
  • Stress index
  • Existing conditions (willing to share)
Loggers: Did we miss anything?

Feel free to pick and choose for your uses. More data the merrier if you ask me, but realize it’s a lot to include. It’s OK to start shortening information for readability. And again, you don’t have to include any information you don’t feel comfortable with. This doesn’t mean you shouldn’t record it. If you’re not willing to do your best to note some of this information, then you probably shouldn’t be logging.

DirtyWilly

DirtyWilly

Awards
  • Established
Cycle Log Template - [3 / 3]

Dosing Information – On-Cycle

Be sure to include all of the compounds and supplements you plan on taking while on-cycle. The dosing schedule and dosing amount is also helpful, but be aware this information sometimes changes. Thankfully you can always go back and edit, after all it is your log. Here's what I recommend.

{name of company} {name of product} {dosing} {planned schedule}

Example: IF Diabolix - 30mg/45mg/60mg/75mg/90mg/105mg (6 Weeks)

Numbers separated by slashes are understood to be weeks and daily dose. Week 1 would be 15mg daily/week 2 60mg/week 3 60mg and so on. It’s OK to include counts as well, ED is understood to mean every day.

Example: OL AR1MACARE PRO - 8 Caps ED (6 Weeks)

Dosing Information – Post Cycle or PCT
Be sure to include all of the compounds and supplements you plan on taking during post cycle therapy or PCT. This is typically the recovery period it takes to bring your body back in balance. While there is some debate as to which post cycle therapy methods are the best, at least be willing to explain which plan you choose and why. Blank is not a good answer and shows you’re not ready for a serious cycle. As above here's what I recommend. Editing for brevity is acceptable.

{name of company} {name of product} {dosing} {planned schedule}

Example: PS Clomid - 50/50/25/25 (4 Weeks)
As of this writing, I believe in more natural recovery cycles and only bloodwork will tell.

Goals
It’s always good to list your goals. This is usually true in most of life’s dealings. Even if you know your plan cold it never hurts to convey that through a medium to others. One of the best ways to learn and validate, is to teach. Best advice, try to list at least three goals even if something as simple as touching your toes again or “cutting” is one of them. Be as specific or brief as you like.

Example: Get cut, lose weight, try to gain strength.

Diet
This should be self-explanatory but planning diet information will be useful. It’s my hopes that this template not only gives someone a good starting point, but also gets them thinking. Has every aspect of the log been thought out or are you just planning on winging it? In theory the diet should help support the goals. Be as specific or brief as you like.

Things to Include
Plan/Training
Naturally, this is where you address how you will attack your goals. If you didn’t list any goals that’s fine. At least having some plan can speak volumes. The plan may be as basic as cutting calories by 300 calories a week, or a complete lifting routine. In theory the plan should support the goals. Best advice, try to list at least three. Be as specific or brief as you like.

Background/Comments
If you want to provide some background information about yourself or the cycle save it for this final section. As tempting as it may be to explain your situation or reason for logging it’s better kept until the end. If you’ve piqued someone’s interest they’ll read on to find out more. Try to be concise, write a full paragraph or two then ask yourself, how can I condense this into two or three sentences? Less is more. Some information to get started here.

• How many cycles you’ve done?
  • How many years have you been training?
  • What have you done in the past and has it worked?
  • Do you have any conditions holding you back?
  • Diets and training plans that work best for your body?
Current Picture
If you want to post a current picture of yourself save it for the end of the initial post, or in another post. As mentioned above I recommend removing any identifying items. The best pictures are centered on yourself with few objects in the background. Outdoor pictures have great lighting and detail. I’m sure you’ve all seen before pics of people holding a current newspaper, this is to validate the start date. You might want to take at least one picture like this for personal records.

Final Review
I would recommend reserving at least one additional post for the final review. Creating a quick reply to your first post with something like {Reserved for Pics/Final Review} will work just fine. The final review should follow a similar format as above. It’s helpful to include the pre and post data on the same lines where possible.

What you log in your posts is up to you. How often you post, daily, weekly, is up to you but I will say you will get better results on your cycle the more often you post as it keeps you in check. I would suggest starting each post with what day of the cycle you’re on in bold. DAY #1, WEEK 2, etc. Feel free to include your training routine, weight, gains, pics, videos, all that goodness. I’m considering taking a picture of each meal I have with a thumbnail and calorie count to keep me honest in my next log.

Most would agree that the more data the better, but template guide aside I strive to be as concise as possible in all my dealings. It gets you far in life, it’s how I conduct myself in my career. Remember less is more, the more information you can convey in the least amount of real estate is where genius is born. Knowing what to convey is key, I get better results when I write more first then go back and ask myself how can I shrink this without losing the important stuff.

This is just a template; I hope it gives some out there a good starting point to draw their own ideas from. Feel free to comment and add to this. Below I will include a sample log using a new compound called Pizzadrol (best name on AM if you ask me!)

DirtyWilly

DirtyWilly

Awards
  • Established
[Example Log]

Decided to run my first PH by NYC Labs, Pizzadrol!

Starting Information
Under 30 Year-Old-Male - 5'8 - 200lbs - ~20% BF
Testosterone, Serum - 600's - 348-1197 ng/dL
Luteinizing Hormone(LH), S - 10's - 1.7-8.6 mIU/mL - HIGH
FSH, Serum - 10's - 1.5-12.4 mIU/mL
Estradiol - 20's - 7.6-42.6 pg/mL
Cholesterol, HDL - 50's - >39 mg/dL

Current Records
Bench: ~300 (225x10)
Squat: ~300 (225x10)
Deadlift: ~300 (225x10)
Total Pull-ups: 10
Arm Girth: 18”
Fireball Toss: 10’

Dosing Information - On-Cycle
NYC Pizzadrol – 10/20/30/40/50 (5 Weeks)
FB Olive Oil On-Cycle Support - Recommended Doses ED

Dosing Information - Post-Cycle
SMB - Mushroom PCT - 10/10/5/5 (4 Weeks)
FB Olive Oil PCT - Recommended Doses ED

Goals
Cutting
Jump over pipes
Rescue princess

Diet
Will consist of low carb pizza under maintenance calories.
Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR): 1500
Total Daily Expenditure (TDEE): 3000
Daily Calorie Goal: 2500

Plan
Stay under maintenance calories.
Box jumps 3 times a week. Drop sets 5 times a week.
Find out what castle princess is in.

Background
My brother and I used to be plumbers but haven’t worked out in years. Used to be able to jump really high and lift things twice my size like they were gold coins.

It’sa me, let’sa go!

Current Picture
lsIZadD.jpg

Next post:
{Reserved for final review}

Next post:
DAY #1

Started Pizzadrol 10mg

I think it’s working already, I saw my skin change color and I grew a little.

DirtyWilly

DirtyWilly

Awards
  • Established
About to start another log, thought I'd bump this back up for those interested in logging.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
manifesto Cycle Logs 14
H Cycle Logs 8
S Cycle Logs 109
brandlife Cycle Logs 28
manifesto Cycle Logs 422