[Sponsored] HT 1-Testosterone Log

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hi all,

HT has provided me with a couple bottles of 1-test for a log after I did my write up about it on Priceplow and feel like it's definitely got some potential to be a legit PH. I'm going to be using 330mg a day (3 tabs) on a 3 day workout split, and I might throw in an extra bicep day just for the hell of it. I also plan to try and fit in as much cardio as possible to keep my blood pressure down during the cycle.

My doctor's office said my weight is 183, but my home scale says 174. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So, I'm going to log on my home scale just because that's all I've got access to. This will just be my first post in the log to get it started, but I'll start to include more about my training, observations and etc.

The other supplements I'm going to be taking are protein powders, liver tabs, 1g of cinnamon a day, creatine mono, beta alanine, citrulline malate, and then some Cycle Assist by Competitive Edge Labs. I also have some premixed preworkout for some tough days or days I'm tired, including Jack'd Up (which I really love and you can see my review on bb.com) I'm also using San Estrodex in hopes of reducing the potential for estrogenic sides from the 1-DHEA, which I suspect will be minor enough for an herbal formula to handle. I'm adding 2g of carnitine to keep the androgen receptor from downregulating during the cycle, along with some supplements for cardiovascular support (which I don't have in front of me, so I'll list later). I'm using Nizoral shampoo, spironolactone, and some other stuff for my hair to keep my hair line in check as well.

I also have some measurements done and bf%, which I'll post later and I will think about posting pictures.

Anyway, if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. I'll try to get all the other information up within the next few days or later this week. I also want to thank HT for the logging opportunity and free product. I'm sure there's a few things I've forgotten to mention, so I'll come back to this later and add it in.

Thanks,
pogue

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
good luck on the log bro

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Have fun man. I have never noticed estrogen sides from 1dhea so curious to see if you do

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In for an epic cycle

Sent from my iPhone using AnabolicMinds mobile app

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Here we go!

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm confused on your dosing. It's 110mg pills. Logs are supposed to be 330mg/day to match the studied dose that your article was on

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Have fun man. I have never noticed estrogen sides from 1dhea so curious to see if you do
That's good to hear. Since 1DHEA converts to 1androstenedione there is always a chance of a slight estrogen conversion. I have Nolvadex on hand, which I actually plan to use for PCT, but I decided to add San Estrodex for a couple extra reasons.

1. The Urtica Dioica in it should decrease SHBG from taking up the extra hormone, leaving more free to interact with the AR receptor.
2. Indole-3-Carbinol is a mild anti-estrogen that converts the "bad" estrogens into "good" ones, as I feel having some estrogen on a cycle is a positive thing.
3. Resveratrol to help with blood pressure and is just an overall good compound. It also apparently acts as an AI, but the dose in Estrodex is far too low for that.
4. Calcium-D-Glucarate to help reduce the negative byproducts of the conversion of 1DHEA to all it's metabolites and hopefully focus on getting more 1-test into the system

I'm confused on your dosing. It's 110mg pills. Logs are supposed to be 330mg/day to match the studied dose that your article was on

Yeah, I'm doing 330mg from 3 tabs per day, I just did the math wrong.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Subbed. If there's a good sale on this stuff I'm really thinking about picking it up

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Subbed. If there's a good sale on this stuff I'm really thinking about picking it up

Yeah, the price is a bit steep, but if it delivers the results as good as what it says in the paper, it may be worth it. Plus it's legal.

But I'm also thinking about stocking up on some more trest from you guys, so if you see a sale for it, let me know about that too :)

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Yeah, the price is a bit steep, but if it delivers the results as good as what it says in the paper, it may be worth it. Plus it's legal.

But I'm also thinking about stocking up on some more trest from you guys, so if you see a sale for it, let me know about that too :)
Agreed!
And will do brother for sure!

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Enjoy the ride bro! I will be following along.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In to follow bro!

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
How's things? Have you started your three day split yet?

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
this would make for a really legit bulk IMO. I could see some massive gains here.
I'll probably run as a log so I'll hit you up if I do

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
What's going on Pogue? Any updates for us?

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What's going on Pogue? Any updates for us?
Well, I'm still trying to get back into my full training routine after taking a break last week after I had a bout of food poisoning. I went ahead and started the 1-test because hormones take so long to start activating in the body, I figured an extra week wouldn't hurt. Then I was doing some light work with some dumbbells at home.

This week I'm just trying to stick to lower weights to get back into the groove, and then I'll start hitting it really hard next week. I want to try adding a day with Gregg Valentino's bicep routine just for the hell of it and since I'm on androgens, I feel like it could have some benefits to try that method.

On the negative side, my libido is absolutely shot. I can't maintain an erection nor bring myself to climax. But, that's not a huge issue for me ATM as I don't have a SO I need to please or anything. (Sorry if that's a little TMI, but I wanted to be honest about the feedback with 1-test).

Also, I'm having trouble urinating, so I feel it's effecting my prostate. I've ordered some NOW Prostate Support which I've used in the past for this problem and it worked out well. Other than that, I haven't noticed any acne or hair shedding (but I'm on 4 different scalp DHT blockers so I would hope they would be working as advertised).

I'll weigh myself first thing in the morning and see if my weight has gone up (I feel like it has). Today my pumps in the gym were very nice, although I was having some pain in my shoulder, so I'm going to start adding some cissus to my supplement regiment. Hopefully that's just a temporary thing and will pass.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmm, I popped my first 1-andro last night.. I'll be watching for my prostate because any DHT hormone typically swells my prostate where it is uncomfortable because I feel like there is a golf ball up my ass at all times lol

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
I do not think you are experiencing any side effects from the 1-testosterone because you only just started. I thought I read that you had only taken 1 dose so far.

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I do not think you are experiencing any side effects from the 1-testosterone because you only just started. I thought I read that you had only taken 1 dose so far.
Nope, been using it 330mg a day for a week now.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If an issue try a lower dose. May not have as much trouble.
I think I'll leave it for awhile. It's not unbearable side effects, and my BP isn't high, although my pulse rate is getting very high. 120-130+ while resting.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
How are your workouts going?

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
How are your workouts going?
I had a killer leg workout Wednesday that left me which left me almost crippled, so I took the next day off.

98e548bc24f85e81d0b685582d03aa3a.jpg

I'm going to start trying to bump my weight up next week, along with my reps and sets and see how that goes. That might be a good time to finally try Off The Chain to give me some extra energy during my workout. Normally, I drink a carb drink like Cytomax, although lately I've been using Carbion by Allmax lately, so I might try to bump up my intraworkout carbs too. I typically throw in another 1g of taurine and 2g of beta alanine with my intraworkout drink too.

The other day I checked my weight and it was up to 183, which pretty much shocked me, but I assume a lot of it is water and glycogen retention in the muscle tissue. I'll try to remember to check it again first thing tomorrow and see where I'm at to make sure it wasn't a misreading.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think I'll leave it for awhile. It's not unbearable side effects, and my BP isn't high, although my pulse rate is getting very high. 120-130+ while resting.
Your resting pulse is 120-130 bro? That is a little concerning IMO. That warrants IMO, some degree of beta blockage. Be careful.

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Your resting pulse is 120-130 bro? That is a little concerning IMO. That warrants IMO, some degree of beta blockage. Be careful.
Yeah. Funny thing when I went to the doctor my pulse rate was fine. I'll see if I can export the data from my Samsung phone which I try to take my pulse rate on regularly and my Omron 10 Series Wireless Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor (Model #BP786) which is a very nice monitor, incidentally. (It was rated #1 by Consumer Reports) It will sync all your reading with your phone and then store them on the cloud where you can send them to your doctor. I'd highly recommend anyone using AAS to have a BP monitor because androgens are known to raise BP to a large degree.

Anyway, I'll try to export that too. My systolic pressure has been in the okay range (which the American Heart Association defines as "pre-hypertension") around 120-130, but my diastolic can sometimes get up to 90 or even higher, which is concerning for me but I'm not sure what to do about that or what exactly it's indicative of. I'll see if I can export the data from it when the cycle started and I've take my BP everyday (give or take a few)

I've been supplementing with 500mg of magnesium a day, 4g of garlic a day, 1 full serving size of Competitive Edge Labs Cycle Assist, and Source Naturals Heart Science tablets, which has some really good ingredients for cardiovascular health as well. I've also been trying to avoid huge doses of caffeine or other stimulants, except on workout days when I feel I really need it.

heart1.png

heart2.png

I'm hesitant to tell my doctor, because I'm sure all he's going to do is tell me to get off them. Any research chem sites sell beta blockers like propranolol or anything else? Maybe a legit online pharmacy?

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Here's a month worth of BP data including pulse (first) systolic (2nd), and diastolic (3rd).

omron.jpg

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Honestly bro,

1. I would def be concerned with those numbers.

2. I would not initiate beta blocker therapy without a physician. They are not a drug you can just start and stop as they can have a rapid rebound effect upon discontinuation. I most def would never choose propanolol though. That is a very old school, higher inferior beta blocker. Carvedilol with alpha blocking properties, or Nebivolol with its nitric oxide producing effects are both much better.

3. Your pulse rate, is otherwise normal when off?

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Honestly bro,

1. I would def be concerned with those numbers.
Do you think I should cut my cycle short?

Is it the pulse you're concerned about or the BP in general?

2. I would not initiate beta blocker therapy without a physician. They are not a drug you can just start and stop as they can have a rapid rebound effect upon discontinuation. I most def would never choose propanolol though. That is a very old school, higher inferior beta blocker. Carvedilol with alpha blocking properties, or Nebivolol with its nitric oxide producing effects are both much better..
Propranolol is just easy to get because it's also used as an anti-anxiety drug (remember the scene in Bigger, Faster, Stronger, when all the violinists and archers were using it to calm their nerves and maintain focus?) An alpha blocker like Clonidine is also easy to get and I have some around from back when it was in vogue to use as a GH enhancer.

3. Your pulse rate, is otherwise normal when off?
No, my resting pulse rate is very high too. I can test it when I first wake up in the morning and it will be over 100 sometimes. I just checked it right now at rest and its at 98.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you think I should cut my cycle short?

Is it the pulse you're concerned about or the BP in general?

Propranolol is just easy to get because it's also used as an anti-anxiety drug (remember the scene in Bigger, Faster, Stronger, when all the violinists and archers were using it to calm their nerves and maintain focus?) An alpha blocker like Clonidine is also easy to get and I have some around from back when it was in vogue to use as a GH enhancer.

No, my resting pulse rate is very high too. I can test it when I first wake up in the morning and it will be over 100 sometimes. I just checked it right now at rest and its at 98.
If your pulse is really that high, more times than not over 100,(and that is pushing it) you need to stop. I'm being honest and that is coming from my medical background, not hi-tech. I am not giving you medical advice, other than simple information that will guide you to a physician for at the minimum, an evaluation.

The old standard was 60-100, but now it is 55-90 beats per minute. Anything higher, can signify a cardiac issue. A weakened left ventricle is the first thing that comes to mind in people using anabolics that work out in addition to heart valve issues although it could be a million things and very likely to be a minor issue.

I would not use clonidine due to its withdrawal period. Tenex would be a much better option. I am aware of propanolol for anxiety due to its ability to cross the blood brain barrier, but it is not ideal IMO.

I would let your physician manage this because if your elevated HR is due to an arrhythmia, you don't want to throw the wrong beta blocker at it.

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If your pulse is really that high, more times than not over 100,(and that is pushing it) you need to stop. I'm being honest and that is coming from my medical background, not hi-tech. I am not giving you medical advice, other than simple information that will guide you to a physician for at the minimum, an evaluation.

The old standard was 60-100, but now it is 55-90 beats per minute. Anything higher, can signify a cardiac issue. A weakened left ventricle is the first thing that comes to mind in people using anabolics that work out in addition to heart valve issues although it could be a million things and very likely to be a minor issue.

I would not use clonidine due to its withdrawal period. Tenex would be a much better option. I am aware of propanolol for anxiety due to its ability to cross the blood brain barrier, but it is not ideal IMO.

I would let your physician manage this because if your elevated HR is due to an arrhythmia, you don't want to throw the wrong beta blocker at it.
Well, the problem is I don't have medical insurance. So, going to the doctor costs upwards of $100 for me. Tenex doesn't look too particularly expensive - about $20-30 for a 30 day rx depending on the mg and how many I'd be taking per day.

I think what I'll try for now is drop the dosage to 2 tabs of 1-test per day per week and take my BP and pulse twice a day and report back in a week and see if it's any different. If not, I'll cease the cycle and make a doctors appt.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
I was reading through your blood pressure posts and wondering what amount of stimulants you are consuming each day? I have not noticed others experiencing high blood pressure from the 1-testosterone. I personally did not experience it. Do you know what your resting heart rate was before starting this cycle?

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I was reading through your blood pressure posts and wondering what amount of stimulants you are consuming each day? I have not noticed others experiencing high blood pressure from the 1-testosterone. I personally did not experience it. Do you know what your resting heart rate was before starting this cycle?
I've been trying to cut down on stimulants as much as possible. I typically drink 1 cup of tea on non-workout days and then use a PWO on workout days with pretty high levels of caffeine, which could account for some of it. However, I always take my BP when I first wake up before I've had any stimulants, tea, coffee, etc.

I do have my heart rate monitor logs back from Feb when I first bought it. I went to see my doctor and I had 140 over something and he said he thought it was probably white coat BP from being nervous at being at a doctors office. Before I started 1-test, my BP was lower as was my pulse rate. I'll try to get the logs from the last couple months up to see what they were like. When I went into the doc the week prior to starting my 1-test cycle my BP was 110 over around 80 I believe and my pulse was about 70 or 80 too.

Also, I should mention I started a cycle of LGD-4033 and MK677 on January 17th of this year and quit after about 3 weeks when I went to a local pharmacy and tested my blood pressure and it was 160 over some other very high number. That scared me enough to end the cycle right then and there as I was worried I was going to have a heart attack or something.

I decided not to use Nolvadex or any ancillaries, but let myself recover on my own thinking that anything else my aggravate the problem.

I have no family history of cardiovascular problems.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I've been trying to cut down on stimulants as much as possible. I typically drink 1 cup of tea on non-workout days and then use a PWO on workout days with pretty high levels of caffeine, which could account for some of it. However, I always take my BP when I first wake up before I've had any stimulants, tea, coffee, etc.

I do have my heart rate monitor logs back from Feb when I first bought it. I went to see my doctor and I had 140 over something and he said he thought it was probably white coat BP from being nervous at being at a doctors office. Before I started 1-test, my BP was lower as was my pulse rate. I'll try to get the logs from the last couple months up to see what they were like. When I went into the doc the week prior to starting my 1-test cycle my BP was 110 over around 80 I believe and my pulse was about 70 or 80 too.

Also, I should mention I started a cycle of LGD-4033 and MK677 on January 17th of this year and quit after about 3 weeks when I went to a local pharmacy and tested my blood pressure and it was 160 over some other very high number. That scared me enough to end the cycle right then and there as I was worried I was going to have a heart attack or something.

I decided not to use Nolvadex or any ancillaries, but let myself recover on my own thinking that anything else my aggravate the problem.

I have no family history of cardiovascular problems.
Yeah man, see if you can set aside the cash to go get checked out. Sounds like it's worth your time.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The heart rate is just to high. IMO, there is a high likelihood with those consistent heart rate numbers, you have an arrhythmia and that is why I think you should not self medication with something like clonidine/tenex, or a beta blocker. Every arrhythmia is different and you need to treat them the right way or you could suffer some serious consequences.

At the very least, I'd HIGHLY suggest going to an urgent care center and getting an EKG. a HR of 140 in Sinus Tach needs treatment, but is okay. A HR of 120 in A-Fib, Flutter, etc. is not okay and needs attention. It shouldn't be to expensive.

I went to an urgent care when my ear was blocked with ear wax. My insurance didn't cover the one I went to because I was out of state. I only paid like $90 total for the visit and procedure.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Wow! I would also encourage you to get checked out by a doctor. Let us know how things turn out.

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ok guys, because of the concern of the heart trouble, I've decided to stop the cycle and see a doctor soon. I'm worried the 1-test might be causing it to get worse.

Unfortunately, I don't have insurance, so this might be a lot for me out of pocket.

I appreciate HT for the opportunity for testing the product, and I hope I can continue it once I get all these troubles figured out. Hopefully it's nothing or something that can be treated with medication.

Is anyone familiar with using AAS while on beta blockers or any other type of heart medication or would that be totally inadvisable?

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok guys, because of the concern of the heart trouble, I've decided to stop the cycle and see a doctor soon. I'm worried the 1-test might be causing it to get worse.

Unfortunately, I don't have insurance, so this might be a lot for me out of pocket.

I appreciate HT for the opportunity for testing the product, and I hope I can continue it once I get all these troubles figured out. Hopefully it's nothing or something that can be treated with medication.

Is anyone familiar with using AAS while on beta blockers or any other type of heart medication or would that be totally inadvisable?
A lot of competitive bodybuilders use Beta Blockers, ACE/ARBs, and Diuretics daily for cardioprotective measures. Beta Blockers reduce stress on the heard common for abuse of stimulants and to increase the hearts positive inotropic action. ACE/ARBs reduce afterload in addition to protecting the left ventricle from hypertrophy and remodeling and actually has proven research to revert hypertrophied ventricular thickness. Diuretics reduce pre-load and some like hctz provide direct vasodilating properties.

The most common I've seen used by bodybulders are,

Beta Blocker: Coreg as it is an alpha/beta blocker and functions as a calcium channel blocker at higher doses and directly dilates the aorta with proven anti-oxidant properties for cardiac tissue. The alpha blockage promotes peripheral vasodilation.

ARB: Telmesartan to prevent/treat ventricular hypertrophy, reduce afterload and lower blood pressure. It also does some other pretty awesome things for steroid/bodybuilding purposes and is almost always used by those running decent doses of growth hormone.

Diuretic: HCTZ, low dose reduces pre-load and is proven to directly dilate arteries although they do not exactly understand this MOA.

Diuretics are the most commonly used ancillaries used by bodybuilders on most AAS boards I am on due to there extremely cheap price of around $5 a month and ease of accessibility.

Depending on how your body responds to steroids is what truly tells you which class you should use.