Bartmac36's N.I. MEGALAX LOG (sponsored)

Bartmac36

Bartmac36

Awards
  • Established
Alright guys and girls, I'm excited to get my first log underway! I will be running Nutraceutical Innovation's MEGALAX laxogenin at 100mg (4 caps) per day for ~6 weeks (40 days to be exact).

This won't be one of those logs where I tell you guys great detail about every single thing I ate and every rep I did in the gym each day, but I will go over a summary of my workouts and how I think this product is helping me achieve my goals.

My ultimate goal on this cycle is to continue to recomp/slight cut while trying to increase strength as much has possible. i willl be eating SLIGHTLY under maintainance for calories while keeping my protein intake high (200+ grams per day)

I am 6'1, 200 lbs and 24 years old.

I will be running a hybrid powerlifting program, alternating between 5/3/1 and bulgarian daily max traininh for squats and bench every other day for 6 days/week. I will be deadlifting twice a week as well, one day of low rep high weight and one day of high rep lower weight. I will mix in accessory work as time and energy allow but the 3 main lifts are the priority.

My current PRs are:
Bench - 255 lbs
Squat - 335 lbs
Deadlift - 440 lbs
Looking to try and boost each lift by about 10-15lbs or so on this cycle.

I will update about 4-5 times a week as I go and will answer any questions people have about my log.

Thank you again to Nutraceautical Innovations for the opportunity and feel free to follow along!

Bartmac36

Bartmac36

Awards
  • Established
I will begin dosing tomorrow and will be lifting again on sunday after i finish my 4 day recovery break from the gym.

I should mention that this will be the only supplement i run for the duration of this log other than my usual whey protein shakes.

NutraChem

NutraChem

Awards
In it

Bartmac36

Bartmac36

Awards
  • Established
Day 2

My second day dosing the megalax. Just worked up to a daily max on squat and bench and then did backoff sets of three at 85% daily max.

Coming off the extended rest period i felt pretty good so i made the last backoff set of both lifts an AMRAP. Also did some high rep dumb bell rows for a little extra back pump.

I took 2 caps 30 minutes before the work out and will split the remaining 2 caps up throughout the day. Definitely looking forward to seeing the long term benefits of the laxo with increased absorption

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
IN!

Bartmac36

Bartmac36

Awards
  • Established
Day 3

Did 3 sets of 5 on both bench and squats at 82.5% of my max. Lifts felt fine and i didnt feel tired or worn down at all so ill take that as a good sign, although its still pretty early lol

Very excited for what the next few weeks hold n terms of increased strength and recovery

Bartmac36

Bartmac36

Awards
  • Established
Day 5

Did the trifecta today, sets of 3 on squat and bench and 2 sets of 6 on the deadlift at 80% of my PR max. Needless to say im pretty tired, but i was able to squeeze in a few sets of military dumbbell presses as well.

Decided to take tomorrow off before returning on friday, so i'll probably drop down to benching and squatting 5 days a week to make sure i can handle the work load.

Felt pretty good on the squats and bench today so looking forward to the extra progress via the laxo in the coming weeks.

Bartmac36

Bartmac36

Awards
  • Established
Day 7

I "felt" stronger today than i had been recetly, despite doing bench, squat, deadlift AND extra arms work. I know its not a preworkout, but i did feel slightly more pump than i usually do as well.

Im hoping this is an early sign that the laxo is starting to kick in :)

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
More pump the better!

Bartmac36

Bartmac36

Awards
  • Established
Got hit with a pretty bad cold or virus or something recently, had a fever, sore throat, drained of energy etc..

Luckily its mostly passed by now so im gonna try to ease back in to working out today and see how it goes.

Even in sickness ive been taking my doses consistently so im hoping that has helped me prevent any setbacks i mightve normally had in terms of strength or stamjna decrease

Bartmac36

Bartmac36

Awards
  • Established
Day 13

Finally got back in the swing of things fully. Tried to go yesterday but didnt have the stamina to so i called it quits early.

I did sets of 5 on both squats and bench today and surprisingly was able to lift the same weight as before no problem despite being out of commission for several days and not eating as much (lost 3 pounds while being sick).

Im gonna try to gain the weight back but maintaining strength i have to feel is at least partially due to the laxo doing its thing :)

NutraChem

NutraChem

Awards
What happened, Bart? Cold, stomach bug?

Bartmac36

Bartmac36

Awards
  • Established
Day 14

Did sets of 6 on deadlift, then i worked up to a daily max on squat and bench press. Hit 325 on squat and 245 on bench without a spotter, didnt wanna push my luck any further but the reps werent overly difficult. Then i did some backoff sets of each.

I take it as a good sign that my strength seems to be maintaining well so far despite the recent weight loss

Bartmac36

Bartmac36

Awards
  • Established
Day 17

Strength is back in full and im feeling good! Hit 335 and 255 on my daily max attempts with a spotter in hand today, tying both my PRs. Might have even had a little extra in the tank on the squats but decided to play it safe.

Got my weight back to where i was before i got suck as well. I feel like a quick recovery like this woulda been harder without the laxo, just based on my prior experiences with getting sick

NutraChem

NutraChem

Awards
Theoretically, the lax should contribute to a faster recovery after sickness, so it's no surprise.

Glad you're feeling better and back up to par!

Bartmac36

Bartmac36

Awards
  • Established
Day 19

I deadlifted, sets of 6, squatted and benched sets of 5 and was able to successfully add 5 pounds to each lift without sacrificing form or my ability to complete the sets.

Must say im impressed with how well my strength is coming along despite the nearly week long set back i had.

Im just under half way thru the first half of the MEGALAX cycle and im even more excited for the second half to get under way as thats when i expect to see the best results

Bartmac36

Bartmac36

Awards
  • Established
Day 21

Decided to switch things up today and do a bunch of accessory work like bent over rows, preacher curls, military presses etc.

I was able to hit close to PR's or PR's on either reps or weight for most of the workouts and pump was great. Did 10-12 reps of all the sets so im sure that helped too.

Now three weeks in im feeling great and recovery time feels faster now than before as i continue to make quality solid gains while on this cut

Bartmac36

Bartmac36

Awards
  • Established
Day 24

Switching it up again and gonna focus more on a pure 5/3/1 training program except im using the 5/4/3 method thats in hugh jackman's wolverine training program.

Started off today with the squats and bench and finished the sets with an amrap in which i got more reps on both workouts than i was expecting so the progress is continue :)

NutraChem

NutraChem

Awards
Sounds like you're back in black! Glad you fought through the illness and didn't lose the cycle. :)

Bartmac36

Bartmac36

Awards
  • Established
Day 26

Just did military presses and deadlift today along with a little accessory work and killed another great workout. Hit or exceeded all my numbers i was hoping for on the lifts and felt great doing so.

After i was finished i felt like i still had a lot left in my so i did 20 minutes of cardio to burn off a few extra calories on the cut since my appetite has been back and stronger than ever lately haha

Bartmac36

Bartmac36

Awards
  • Established
Day 30

Everything is continuing as normal. Dont want to sound too repetative so i'll keep it simple. My strength contiues to come along as a push myself for extra reps/few extra pounds and i have been able to hit my goals almost every time.

I will say that i feel leaner and it looks noticeable when i look in the mirror, and i also have much faster recovery than when i started running this cycle.

About 10 days remain in the cycle and already i consider this a success, looking forward to to really hitting it hard in this last stretch :)

NutraChem

NutraChem

Awards
Bart, log looks good! Concise but thorough.

BTW, are you a leftie by any chance?

Bartmac36

Bartmac36

Awards
  • Established
Day 33

Both yesterday and today i focused on doing full body hypertrophy workouts, 4 sets of high reps on excercises for almost every muscle group. Needless to say im pretty sore but not nearly as sore as last week when i first tried doing this. I kept crushing all my expectations by pushing out an extra rep or two on most lifts.

Idk if its the increased recovery and strength from the laxo or if its a mental thing (probably both) but i didnt want to leave the gym every day. I just kept finding extra stuff to do to kill off the extra energy i felt i had, such as pull-ups, dips, mostly body weight excercises, which is something ive been meaning to work on improving for a while now

Bartmac36

Bartmac36

Awards
  • Established
Day 36

So I counted my remaining pills and i still gave about a weeks worth left, so either i missed a couple doses (which i can't imagine i would but who knows) or the company was gracious enough to give me a few extra caps in the bottle. Either way im not complaining :)

Happy to teport that in the past two days i've tied my bench and deadlift PR's and set a new squat PR, all without a spotter as i was simply working up to daily maxes. Given the fact that i have maintained the same recoomp diet that i was following before this cycle i can only assume the laxo has provided some of the strength benefits. I felt like i may have had a little more in me on the bench even but without a spotter i played it smart. Feeling pretty good and confident heading forward still

I also got a great pump doing body weight excersises with burpees, overhand pullups and dips as well.

NutraChem

NutraChem

Awards
PRs are always nice. :)

Bartmac36

Bartmac36

Awards
  • Established
Day 39

Starting to taper back a bit but other the last 2 days i've hit PRs on all my AMRAPs that I did on the final sets of my bench, squat and deadlift as part of the 5/3/1 ive been running (did the 3's this week)

Also did lots of high rep accessory arms work to try to and build up the guns. Always suffered from having smallish arms so this is the summer i'm gonna try to change that with plenty of 12-15 rep sets. Needless to say the pump was insane by the end of the workout :)

Bartmac36

Bartmac36

Awards
  • Established
Day 41

So as of right now i'm down to my last 6 doses of megalax, so the journey has just about come to an end. Having said that however this has been a fun ride that i think has been truly beneficial for me in my goals.

I'll save my verdict for my final day on the cycle but so far i've been impressed with what i've been able to do in terms of maintaining/adding strength on my major lifts as well as the extra pump i get when i do my hight rep accessory work, all while on a cut that sees me about 1.5 pounds lighter than when i started, but also looking fuller and leaner

Bartmac36

Bartmac36

Awards
  • Established
Final Review

This is the second laxo product I have run after an Anafuse run last summer, and I can honestly say I saw more noticeable results with Megalax. I saw strength increases in both reps and weight on many of my major lifts and I did that despite recomping/cutting and getting really sick early on in the cycle.

Overall I noticed better pump, better strength and overall better recovery in the roughly 6 weeks I ran Megalax and I think it is an effective natty product to run with any goals. I will say that I feel this product would be even MORE effective while bulking if I saw positive results even while recomping and running in a caloric deficit.

My overall opinion of this product is a positive one and I could definitely see myself returning to this one especially when bulking time rolls around for me. Just train hard, eat right and keep expectations reasonable and this product will give you an extra boost that im sure we all want and need.

Im very relieved and satisfied to say my first ever log was a positive experience :)

NutraChem

NutraChem

Awards
Final Review

This is the second laxo product I have run after an Anafuse run last summer, and I can honestly say I saw more noticeable results with Megalax. I saw strength increases in both reps and weight on many of my major lifts and I did that despite recomping/cutting and getting really sick early on in the cycle.

Overall I noticed better pump, better strength and overall better recovery in the roughly 6 weeks I ran Megalax and I think it is an effective natty product to run with any goals. I will say that I feel this product would be even MORE effective while bulking if I saw positive results even while recomping and running in a caloric deficit.

My overall opinion of this product is a positive one and I could definitely see myself returning to this one especially when bulking time rolls around for me. Just train hard, eat right and keep expectations reasonable and this product will give you an extra boost that im sure we all want and need.

Im very relieved and satisfied to say my first ever log was a positive experience :)
Thanks Bart! You did a great log and we appreciate the feedback. Your logging career is off to a super start. :)

Also glad to hear you got positive results with it. I had considered Lax's greatest utility in muscle preservation when dieting or PCT/bridging schemes, but i think you're probably right about using it as a bulking add-on too. It's just a plant sterol, but it definably works and has some usable properties especially when you wanna stay natty.