Getting Sparta Huge with Cerberus- Clown's 60 day log

clown007

clown007

Awards
First off I want to thank Sparta Nutrition, yates84, Dma378, and Joedoubledose for this opportunity.

I am going to run Cerberus as labelled on the bottle for a total of 60 days.

I am currently turning 38 so I figure I have more than enough time to be at my "best ever" for my 40th birthday.
Currently I am 5'9", 185lbs and about 20% body fat.
My max lifts are a 260lbs bench press, a 340lbs back squat and a 450lbs deadlift.

My goal is to be somewhere around 12% body fat, with as much muscle as possible. I have no grand allusions of putting on 30lbs of muscle or anything. I would like to put on some muscle while getting down to my 12% though, whether that be during my body fat reduction or once the reduction has happened. For the next 60 days, I will be doing a lean bulk before starting to cut for the summer. I am hoping Cerberus will be the means to adding some nice quality muscle in the next two months.

In terms of nutrition I am following a IIFYM style diet with an aim to keep my food sources as clean as possible. I am eating about 2300 cals per day- 220g Protein, 120g Carbs and 110g Fats.

I will be following a Daily Undulating Periodization program for the next 10 weeks. This will be hypertrophy focussed, while trying to increase my max lifts. I will be working out on a 3-on and 1-off schedule. Thanks to BeastFitness for the help in designing this program.

This is going to be one heck of a journey!

Release the hounds!!

SpartaNutrition

SpartaNutrition

Board Sponsor
Awards
First off I want to thank Sparta Nutrition, yates84, Dma378, and Joedoubledose for this opportunity.

I am going to run Cerberus as labelled on the bottle for a total of 60 days.

I am currently turning 38 so I figure I have more than enough time to be at my "best ever" for my 40th birthday.
Currently I am 5'9", 185lbs and about 20% body fat.
My max lifts are a 260lbs bench press, a 340lbs back squat and a 450lbs deadlift.

My goal is to be somewhere around 12% body fat, with as much muscle as possible. I have no grand allusions of putting on 30lbs of muscle or anything. I would like to put on some muscle while getting down to my 12% though, whether that be during my body fat reduction or once the reduction has happened. For the next 60 days, I will be doing a lean bulk before starting to cut for the summer. I am hoping Cerberus will be the means to adding some nice quality muscle in the next two months.

In terms of nutrition I am following a IIFYM style diet with an aim to keep my food sources as clean as possible. I am eating about 2300 cals per day- 220g Protein, 120g Carbs and 110g Fats.

I will be following a Daily Undulating Periodization program for the next 10 weeks. This will be hypertrophy focussed, while trying to increase my max lifts. I will be working out on a 3-on and 1-off schedule. Thanks to BeastFitness for the help in designing this program.

This is going to be one heck of a journey!

Release the hounds!!
Release your inner Spartan and summon the strength of the God's.

Subbed for monstrous gains.

cheeky1

cheeky1

Awards
  • Established
Let the party begin! Good job getting BF involved too, that man knows his stuff - be prepared to cry &/or hurl with his programs though! :scared1: :lol:

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
in bro and good luck

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
In.

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
Oh am I SO in for this dude! BRING ON THE GROWTH!!!!

You'll notice on that 10 week program I have notes on the metabolic demands during which phase of training your in so if you increase at the right times, you'll see some epic sh*t ;)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
going to be interesting.

clown007

clown007

Awards
Thanks guys!
I am giving this my all! I want to see some gains!!!

clown007

clown007

Awards
First workout in the books!

Legs Hypertrophy- Squat Emphasis

High Bar Back Squats (tempo 4-0-1-0)
135x10, 185x8, 205x8, 230x8, 230x8, 230x8, 230x8

Smith Machine Leg Press
325x20, 325x20, 325x20

Standing Single Leg Curls (tempo 4-0-1-0)
20x8, 20x8, 20x8

Leg Extensions (tempo 4-0-1-0)
60x10, 60x10, 60x10

Smith Machine Standing Calf Raises
315x20, 315x20, 315x20, 315x20

Hanging Leg Raises
12, 12, 12, 12

This workout felt great. I think I am going to focus on tempo during the hypertrophy workouts, along with rep range. During the strength days, I will not be so concerned about tempo. I will be trying to move the bar faster.

First two doses of Cerberus are in the books. The only other supps I will be taking are Ergonine, Stimul8 pre-workout, and some BCAA intra-workout.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Solid workout to kick things off! Looking forward to following this one...

clown007

clown007

Awards
Solid workout to kick things off! Looking forward to following this one...
Thanks buddy! Plan on putting on some good size with this product and program!!

clown007

clown007

Awards
Day Two- Push Strength- Bench focus

Bench Press
205x5, 205x5, 205x5, 205x5, 205x5

Incline Bench Press
185x5, 185x5, 185x5, 185x5

Trap Bar OH Press ss/with DB Lateral Raises
65x10 / 20x10, 65x10 / 20x10, 65x10 / 20x10

Triceps Pressdowns ss/with DB Kickbacks
60x8 / 20x20, 60x8 / 20x20, 60x8 / 20x20

Workout felt great! Obviously not feeling Cerberus yet, but knowing that I am taking it is pushing me harder in the workouts so that alone is a plus.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Late, but here I am.

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
Even though its still very early in the program, how are you feeling so far?

CNS? Strength? Libido? Focus?

clown007

clown007

Awards
Even though its still very early in the program, how are you feeling so far?

CNS? Strength? Libido? Focus?
Hey bro,

I am feeling good so far. I haven't noticed any CNS, strength or libido changes yet. Focus is definitely up. I was really laser-focused through the whole workout. DOMS today, but I get that whenever I change up programs so I expected that.

Definitely going to be fun!

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
Hey bro,

I am feeling good so far. I haven't noticed any CNS, strength or libido changes yet. Focus is definitely up. I was really laser-focused through the whole workout. DOMS today, but I get that whenever I change up programs so I expected that.

Definitely going to be fun!
Awesome to hear! The foam roller will become your best friend once you start overreaching ;) haha

clown007

clown007

Awards
Awesome to hear! The foam roller will become your best friend once you start overreaching ;) haha
Totally! I find my hamstrings, specifically inner are prone to DOMS. I get it all the time from squatting (inner thighs) when I try to "spread the floor" and sit into the squat.

clown007

clown007

Awards
Another great workout. Focus is on point. Piriformis was sensitive during deadlifts but was able to roll it out with a lacrosse ball and release some of the tension. Pumps are feeling good and performance feels on point.

On to the workout: Day Three- Pull Hypertrophy- Deadlift Emphasis

Deadlifts 300x8, 300x8, 300x6, 300x6, 300x5, 300x5 (I did a few more sets than prescribed because the piriformis was acting up so I was stopping a few reps short on each set, but still wanted to hit overall rep number)

Trap Bar Deadlifts 185x20, 185x20

Incline DB Curls (tempo 4-0-2-0) 30x8, 30x8, 30x8, 30x8

Meadows' Stretchers 100x10, 100x10, 100x9, 100x8

Smith Machine Supine Rows 155x10, 155x10, 155x10, 155x10

Meadows' Rear Delt Destroyer 30x40, 15x30 (after this I was done. Rear delts and back were blown up and feeling great!)

Tomorrow will be a rest day, but I will take some extra time to foam roll my entire body to get it ready for the next three days.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Another great workout. Focus is on point. Piriformis was sensitive during deadlifts but was able to roll it out with a lacrosse ball and release some of the tension. Pumps are feeling good and performance feels on point.

On to the workout: Day Three- Pull Hypertrophy- Deadlift Emphasis

Deadlifts 300x8, 300x8, 300x6, 300x6, 300x5, 300x5 (I did a few more sets than prescribed because the piriformis was acting up so I was stopping a few reps short on each set, but still wanted to hit overall rep number)

Trap Bar Deadlifts 185x20, 185x20

Incline DB Curls (tempo 4-0-2-0) 30x8, 30x8, 30x8, 30x8

Meadows' Stretchers 100x10, 100x10, 100x9, 100x8

Smith Machine Supine Rows 155x10, 155x10, 155x10, 155x10

Meadows' Rear Delt Destroyer 30x40, 15x30 (after this I was done. Rear delts and back were blown up and feeling great!)

Tomorrow will be a rest day, but I will take some extra time to foam roll my entire body to get it ready for the next three days.
Man do I love destroyers... The best pump

clown007

clown007

Awards
Man do I love destroyers... The best pump
Totally. I am incorporating more of his shortened range lateral movements at the end just to get a huge pump in the muscle. Obviously this can't be the only work done for the muscle group, but it certainly works for blood flow. I have done then for front delts as well and they are killer too.

clown007

clown007

Awards
Curious to know people's thoughts on Infrared saunas and recovery. Any real benefits?

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
Curious to know people's thoughts on Infrared saunas and recovery. Any real benefits?
From a research standpoint I've seen it aid in the treatment of chronic health problems (high blood pressure, congestive heart failure, rheumatoid arthritis.) The research isn't conclusive for actual recover but I can say I have had several clients that have used them periodically and felt their recovery enhanced a significant amount.

At the end of the day, their perceived recovery was better so whether it was placebo or actual aid from the sauna itself (which I believe is the case) it helped them noticeably enough to do them.

ahawk01

ahawk01

Banned
Awards
Totally. I am incorporating more of his shortened range lateral movements at the end just to get a huge pump in the muscle. Obviously this can't be the only work done for the muscle group, but it certainly works for blood flow. I have done then for front delts as well and they are killer too.
Love new exercises thanks!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Increasing time under tension with added partials at exhaustion is a hell of a way to incorporate additional cellular expansion. Hurts like a mother fugger but that's how you know it's working :)

clown007

clown007

Awards
Increasing time under tension with added partials at exhaustion is a hell of a way to incorporate additional cellular expansion. Hurts like a mother fugger but that's how you know it's working :)
Absolutely agree. Following your log is what got me onto MI40x. After the first run with that I knew TUT was where it was at for me. ?

clown007

clown007

Awards
Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
Subbing in late! I'll catch up later this evening.

clown007

clown007

Awards
clown007

clown007

Awards
Rest day today.
Feeling fuller. Even my wife said she noticed my arms looking bigger and the bicep vein being more pronounced.
Haven't noticed an increase in appetite or libido as of yet. Wouldn't mind the libido uptick but could deal with missing out on the extra hunger.

Going to foam roll and work through some stretching to prepare for tomorrow's strength leg workout.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Absolutely agree. Following your log is what got me onto MI40x. After the first run with that I knew TUT was where it was at for me. ��
Good to here, yah you get a lot done in a hurry and it gets you to focus on area's that you hadn't done well on in the past.

clown007

clown007

Awards
Any ideas on getting the VMO more strongly activating?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Any ideas on getting the VMO more strongly activating?
I've always used leg extensions and point my toes slightly outwards. Hold it at the top for a second and slow negatives.

clown007

clown007

Awards
I've always used leg extensions and point my toes slightly outwards. Hold it at the top for a second and slow negatives.
Thanks man. My VMO just doesn't seem to fire like the rest of my quads. I will try this variation and see how it improves.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks man. My VMO just doesn't seem to fire like the rest of my quads. I will try this variation and see how it improves.
Once you activate it, it will be more engaged in other exercises. Make it hurt :)

clown007

clown007

Awards
Once you activate it, it will be more engaged in other exercises. Make it hurt :)
Cool, I can really feel my quads as a whole and can get a good contraction through most. It's the tip of the VMO by the knee that I have a hard time focussing on and getting activation, so I look forward to the pain!

clown007

clown007

Awards
Spent the day at the hospital. Mom is still in critical care, and had another procedure today. I will update my Leg workout tomorrow. Workouts are going well, and feeling strong and intent on training.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Prayers for your mom.

For VMO, nothing hits them better than somersault squats IMO.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hope your mom gets better soon.

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
Best of luck to your mom man…shoot me a message if you ever need to talk about anything...