Smith_69 Quest for 210 with Spartan Mass ~Sponsored Log, Sparta Nutrition~

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Thursday 3/10/16-

Good morning everyone,

A few weeks ago, Sparta Nutrition offered several opportunities for members to log 4 new products; a brand new company with an awesome product line that is represented by highly respected members on this forum. The choice was obvious for me when came time to put my application in for this log. My goal, is to reach 210-215 then cut back, reducing my body fat to the low teens while maintaining a weight as close to 210 as possible.

We the consumers would seem to have a big advantage in the supplement industry when it comes to choices. However having the advantage can sometime be extremely overwhelming. 100's of companies selling the same exact compound makes us ask, “who has the best product?” We have all been a victim or know someone who has bought a “bunk” product. There is nothing worse than spending any amount of money on a product that doesn’t work or didn’t do what it was supposed to.

So in today’s supplement game, how in the hell do we start to weed out the competition ? Three of the most important factors to consider are certification of the product, the facility were the product is manufactured and the delivery system. When the company provides the certificate of the product without you having to ask for it that is a pretty good sign you are receiving the purist product without the fillers.

When your supplement is produced in a Good Manufacturing Practice GMP (prevent instances of contamination, mix-ups, deviations, failures, and errors) This assures that the products meets their quality standards and ensures your product stays safe.

The delivery system of the supplement is just as crucial as the supplement itself. What good is a product if it will not be absorbed or digested properly? Spartan products use 6,7,-dihydroxybergamottin (DHB), an organic chemical compound found in grapefruit juice. The basic belief behind DHB is that it alters the metabolism, as DHB blocks the enzyme CYP3A4 – most commonly found within the liver and intestines to heighten the concentration of medication within the blood.

I believe I have made my point pretty clear as to how important this criteria is to me and it should be to you. Certificate of the product, GMP standards and a delivery system to help you reach your goals. The last two pieces of the puzzle are for you to fill in; hard work and a diet that will be structured to meet your needs.

I will be updating this daily; workouts, mood and I will include anything else I can think of. Comments and questions are always welcome and thank you again
Dma378 yates84 Joedoubledose Spartanutrition for this opportunity and everyone else for following along.

instagram smith_69_16

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Day 1- 3/9/16

My Spartan Mass Log:

Over the past several weeks, I have started to increase my calorie intake so I could stabilize at 3500-4000 a day. I will be eating clean as possible, this isn't going to be a nasty bulk. The other supplements that I will be taking during the next 30 days will be Multivitamin, Nos Ether by Get Diesel, Dieselade BCAA's and Omega 3.

So my weak points first are my legs. Years ago a hyperextended knee during a football game was never treated properly. My fault, but back then you went to the Dr when it was broken (expect for fingers!). 2 years ago during a football game (family thing we do every year, a North vs South game) I pulled my hamstring and for weeks the back of my leg was black and blue. Just about 2 months went by and when I thought I was good to go, well bam done! Pulled again. Threw my hands up and said F this and just focused on the upper body, with extreme light leg weight.

Over the past few months, getting stronger and bigger has been great, however as I am beginning to use heavier weight, I am noticing that the lagging parts are catching up to me. Cable rows of 225 + are taxing my hams. I have avoided deadlifts all together, but again, doing so has made heavier wgts very difficult and I am running the risk of injuring myself. I have just started doing smith squats and leg presses; luckily for me my calves have always been strong. On Monday, for the first time, I did standing barbell pulls with 225 for 8 reps (this was on my 4 set) and legs and hamstrings felt good.
When you see the low leg numbers or some e`ercises missing that is why. I will also be including 10 min of cardio (treadmill fast walking) and 2 sets of hanging leg raises in the gym. At night I will work my oblique's, upper and lower abs. I will have more time at night and easier to do.

8:10 first pill will take the second later this afternoon-
today is Shoulders- will update routine later on

DennisTheDane

DennisTheDane

Awards
  • Established
You im here like a baaaaaaws !! Kill that broski

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here we go :)

mattierocks

mattierocks

Awards
  • Established
In for this one!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is an interesting combination decca is noted for strength gain and joint support but in this state as a precursor it has also some pretty amazing recomp effect. I don't know why that is but it gave be gains while I was dieting down. My weight would stay steady but my mass was way up. I am interested in how this goes with 1-andro. The joint support will be really great with the gains in strength you'll get. Just keep taking lots of pics so you can see changes rather than use he scales. There is an opportunity for very lean gains here and that is going to add up to more mass overall in the long run. I don't see the need to become super aggressive with calories but that will vary from person to person.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
This is an interesting combination decca is noted for strength gain and joint support but in this state as a precursor it has also some pretty amazing recomp effect. I don't know why that is but it gave be gains while I was dieting down. My weight would stay steady but my mass was way up. I am interested in how this goes with 1-andro. The joint support will be really great with the gains in strength you'll get. Just keep taking lots of pics so you can see changes rather than use he scales. There is an opportunity for very lean gains here and that is going to add up to more mass overall in the long run. I don't see the need to become super aggressive with calories but that will vary from person to person.
thanks Dream, great advice and will do- I appreciate it

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok, in here! Let's get big!

Joedoubledose

Joedoubledose

Awards
Subbed ! Great job so far this looks promising smith.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
sub a dub dub

ActiveShooter

ActiveShooter

Awards
In!!

rmanyou

Awards
  • Established
In...

ActiveShooter

ActiveShooter

Awards
Just checked out the couple pics you have on there - you're freakin jacked bro! Gonna be very interesting what this can do for you, especially dem TRAPS!
I was just thinking that, them traps are outta control!!! We need details!

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Ok, in here! Let's get big!
Subbed...

I just noticed your with Sparta now.....I've heard of them but never paid any attention, but take a look since your repping them.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Shoulders-

want to thank MrKleen73 for a good tip - AKA- Kleens press- could be called something else, but for my thread, its Kleens Press - try it and after your done cursing his name, thank him!
“You should try doing front rack shrugs! Talk about hitting your traps in a completely different way. Just hold that bar in the front position like the bottom of a shoulder press then only raise the weight up by shrugging / pressing your traps up, it is only about a 4 inch ROM but squeeze it at the top just like a regular shrug and you will be excited with how it feels. It works the front / upper portion a little more so you can see them better from the front.”

Military Press- smith machine-
warm up- then we hit it
185x10 ,205x10, 225x 8, 245x 6- personal best right there- dropped back down to
225x 8, 185x12

Then I decided to do the Kleen press with a superset of side lat raises
I suggest using light wgt to get the motion correctly, you don't want to tweak your neck
95x10 and db 30x10 lat raises- 3 sets
135x 6 -to finish

Straight bar shrugs-
225x10 4 sets- 3 sec reps slow up, hold and slow down-
honestly by this time my shoulders and especially my traps were on fire

db raises
30 x10- 3 sets -but what I like to do is - raise straight out with the right, lower, raise straight out with the left, then I go back to the right and cross my body to the 11 o'clock position for both arms- straight up and to the right counts as 1- to me it feels that it hits the front delt from both angles.

hammer strength independent bench- use this for shrugs
3 sets- 10 reps - 180 on each handle- with a lean forward

Upright rows
8x95, 8x115, 8x125

10 min of cardio- walking

second Mass taken at 3 pm
and this is just the first day, so I doubt much is going to really happen. But no stomach issues, no head aches, no back pumps, no cramps-
mood is good, no aggression issues,no lethargy
hunger is normal,

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Can't wait to try those Kleen presses!! I shall forever call them that too. LOL

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Subbed for the smithster to make some gains!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Shoulders-

want to thank MrKleen73 for a good tip - AKA- Kleens press- could be called something else, but for my thread, its Kleens Press - try it and after your done cursing his name, thank him!
“You should try doing front rack shrugs! Talk about hitting your traps in a completely different way. Just hold that bar in the front position like the bottom of a shoulder press then only raise the weight up by shrugging / pressing your traps up, it is only about a 4 inch ROM but squeeze it at the top just like a regular shrug and you will be excited with how it feels. It works the front / upper portion a little more so you can see them better from the front.”

Military Press- smith machine-
warm up- then we hit it
185x10 ,205x10, 225x 8, 245x 6- personal best right there- dropped back down to
225x 8, 185x12

Then I decided to do the Kleen press with a superset of side lat raises
I suggest using light wgt to get the motion correctly, you don't want to tweak your neck
95x10 and db 30x10 lat raises- 3 sets
135x 6 -to finish

Straight bar shrugs-
225x10 4 sets- 3 sec reps slow up, hold and slow down-
honestly by this time my shoulders and especially my traps were on fire

db raises
30 x10- 3 sets -but what I like to do is - raise straight out with the right, lower, raise straight out with the left, then I go back to the right and cross my body to the 11 o'clock position for both arms- straight up and to the right counts as 1- to me it feels that it hits the front delt from both angles.

hammer strength independent bench- use this for shrugs
3 sets- 10 reps - 180 on each handle- with a lean forward

Upright rows
8x95, 8x115, 8x125

10 min of cardio- walking

second Mass taken at 3 pm
and this is just the first day, so I doubt much is going to really happen. But no stomach issues, no head aches, no back pumps, no cramps-
mood is good, no aggression issues,no lethargy
hunger is normal,
Nice so you enjoyed them! They only get better as your CNS gets better at firing in that pushing up manner compared to pulling the weight up from below. Love the name we can keep that! :)

Can't wait to try those Kleen presses!! I shall forever call them that too. LOL
It works in more ways than one since you are kind of in a Clean Catch position when starting them.

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
Inz for the gainz. What's your Insta?

BTW, did you consider Osta for your pulled muscle? Just a thought. It worked for my shoulder, although it was not a big thing, just an annoying pin-like pain that was not going away.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards

BTW, did you consider Osta for your pulled muscle? Just a thought. It worked for my shoulder, although it was not a big thing, just an annoying pin-like pain that was not going away.
smith_69_16 is insta gram

smith_69

smith_69

Awards

yes , but for this run im sticking with the spartan mass- i wanted to run mk as well, but no skewed test results here.

cheeky1

cheeky1

Awards
  • Established
On this gainz train :biggthumpup:

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
smith_69

smith_69

Awards
smith_69

smith_69

Awards
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1457714381.992369.jpg

Going to seize my gym

DennisTheDane

DennisTheDane

Awards
  • Established
smith_69

smith_69

Awards
day 2-
2 caps of mass taken today and only being day 2, nothing really major to report. However, I will compare this to a when you light a fuse and run away and say, 'any minute now"

today was tri's and I only had a limited time during lunch, so most of today was a superset day. For some odd reason, my traps are killing me MrKleen73

Single arm press down w/ single arm behind the head db raise
90x10 & 30x10
110x10 & 35 x 8
110x10 & 40 x 8
120x 8 & 45 x8
With the above, on the press downs I paused, squeeze and release- hitting the outer head. On the DB raises, slow down behind the head and the extension held and squeezed.

1 set 100x10
3 sets 120x10

Standing Small straight bar cable ext- rev grip and extend from behind the head- this is just like a rev grip pull down except you are not facing the cable. Your back is to it and your starting position is at a 45^ angle. Extend all the way out to hit the long head and squeeze. Takes a little getting used to, but once you find the right angle for your body this works. The other note, if your grip strength is not that strong, watch the amount of wgt used. The heavier you go, the more tension you will put on your wrists and thumbs. This isn’t an movement to add the rack up on, its more of a definition and strengthen e-cercise.

DB kick backs
35 x12 4 sets- instead of going straight back, I did a little twist with my wrist on the extension to really hit the muscle- and squeeze

4 sets of dips – not wgtd

30x 8-12 reps each set
4 sets of laying cross body db ext- i may have worded this incorrectly, but laying down on a flat bench, db in the right arm, held up towards the ceiling, slowly bend the arm down to the left down towards your head (make sure to turn your head to the opposite side) hold right back up and squeeze at the contraction (top) release and do again.

If you are going to do these, make sure your hand is dead center of the db and make sure to turn your head as the db comes close to your face. If you have been squeezing at the contractions on previous movements, I will warn you that your tri’s will be tapped by now, so be careful.

pics are on insta gram smith_69_16 more will be up this weekend
will do a weigh in on Monday as well

Vector300

Vector300

Awards
^ Bro...for real?! You're doing more for your tri's than I'm doing for my whole body some days! Haha - good ****. I really appreciate the explanation too for the movements. Helps to creat a better visual.

What's your current routine/split looking like for this cycle? Are Bi's and Tri's getting their own day a'la Jeremy Hoornstra? Dude has the world record in the bench and does just that.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
^ Bro...for real?! You're doing more for your tri's than I'm doing for my whole body some days! Haha - good ****. I really appreciate the explanation too for the movements. Helps to creat a better visual.

What's your current routine/split looking like for this cycle? Are Bi's and Tri's getting their own day a'la Jeremy Hoornstra? Dude has the world record in the bench and does just that.
thanks V- to keep my sanity and getting bored of the same old stuff, i like to take a little bit of the main method and put a little twist on it. Like Bruce Lee with Martial Arts. Learned a great new trap ecise from Kleen yesterday. Another reason this forum is great because you always can learn something new and pay it forward.

as far as a routine- i am actually putting a few things together this weekend. Normally when i go to the gym, I hit 1 body part, simply because of time constraints. so nights at home - abs-
legs, traps, forearms
3 back ecise and 3 chest
3 shoulders, traps, 3biceps
3 tri and 3 back
3 legs and 3 chest, forearms

4 sets 10-12 reps each- each on the muscle group for the 2nd day, i will do different movements

because i have been sticking to only 1 per day, mixing it up (which is now the time i usually do) 5 weeks change up, this should stimulate growth, burn more cals, keeping strength.

im lucky because my gym around 1130-1 pm is usually dead, so i can move a bit quicker w/o waiting. biggest challenge is going to be the legs, so the wgt isnt going to be much, but i want to get as close to 300 on barbell pulls for reps- right now at 225. i also want to start deadlifts again, w/o leg strength i would be wasting time. i have to get my legs stronger and its going to be a challenge. One that i am looking forward too.

ill see how this goes and tweek as needed.

clown007

clown007

Awards
Subb'd for MASS!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
today was tri's and I only had a limited time during lunch, so most of today was a superset day. For some odd reason, my traps are killing me MrKleen73
/QUOTE]

Hah that's why I can never so cleans, my traps grow like weeds and I go all out of proportion. I do a lot of deads but I can't avoid doing those. But yah cleans really bomb the traps and if Chris gave you something to enhance that, I can't even imagine what Kleens would do. Catchy name though :)

harrybrah

harrybrah

Awards
looking absolutely pissening man! jason Genova would be proud, right babe?

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
ok,
moving on from the above- lol

3rd day-
today and tomorrow are off days- i was a little more hungrier today and little more aggressive/ irritated, attitude wise. I slept like a rock, bed at 1045 and woke up at 830. usually get up at 630, but hey not going to complain as sleep is nice.
good sore today after yesterdays tri's. more energy today as well.

mood now is good, like energized.
no other sides to report, headache, stomach ache, muscle cramps-

feeling something and believe on monday (as that will be a full 5 days) Spartan Mass is making is way thru my viens

cheeky1

cheeky1

Awards
  • Established
You going to step up the calories/meals as you progress with this cycle, or are you satisfied with seeing what results you are able to gain from your current regime?
Thanks for the updates, this is going to be a fun log to watch.

P.s. - I tried the Kleen shrugs (88/66/44 dropset) last night to finish my shoulder session...that **** burned! :yell:

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Yea they do. DreamWeaver made a valid point about total cal per day. Going to play it by ear.
After this I will go into a cut so that is on the back of my mind.
I do anticipate that I will have to add as including legs and cardio to this routine obviously will require more energy.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
final rest day before gainz week really begins.

energy level was up today, same as yesterday and another great night of sleep. Appetite was up today which is a good sign.
no headaches, stomach issues. One note to mention, I am more thirsty today and not due to anything different in the food i ate. Flexing my triceps, the outter head and long head are tight and strong.

again, aggression was the same as yesterday as today. Little things that just set you off, but not like i want to pick up a chair and throw it across the room. This will come in handy tomorrow. :usa2:

clown007

clown007

Awards
So you are finding you are feeling Mass already? How many days have you been on it so far?