Misfit28 is cutting hard with OL UK's new Sup3r Epi Elite, GW and Osta (Sponsored log

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey guys,

I'm about to buckle down and cut some fat! OL UK was nice enough to hook me up with a bottle of the new Sup3r Epi for me to log. Waiting on the Sup3r Epi to arrive, just putting this up to prepare.

I'm also running some other goodies, which I ran past them to make sure I could stack them with permission. Here's some info on me:

ABOUT ME

I first started my journey in March of 2011 at the ripe old age of 36 years old, starting at a weight of 335 lbs. I struggled to lose weight through caloric restriction and cardio alone, and did a little research (since that's what I do for a living ;)), and decided to try lifting for the first time in my life. That was in November of 2011. Once I started lifting with the Stronglifts program (5 X 5), the weight began to fall off quickly.

I reached my low weight back in March of 2013, hitting 210 lbs. at about 15% BF or so. Since then, I focused on lifting 5/3/1 style and stayed relatively lean while adding some mass.

This year I did not do as well. I've ended up letting myself go by not tracking my intake and doing a lot less lifting. I'm working a second job at UPS right now, and that plays into it, but I need to get myself back into the mindset, and I'm hoping this log will help me with that.

I'm now back to about 255 lbs. and my body fat has gone up quite a bit, probably edging up to about 25% BF. Not good.

My lifting has been a bit sporadic as of late, but I am planning to get in the gym more often, and I have a new treadmill at home for cardio on non-lofting days. On lifting days I may do some cardio after weights.

STRATEGY:

During this log, I will be tracking my intake and my lifts every day.

DIET

I always have a problem with determining my activity level, so I'm going to try to get a starting range by using a moderate activity level. I lift 3-4 times a week and work 5 days a week at night at UPS. I figure that at least puts me at moderate. Of course, I will be tracking my weight and appearance and adjust as needed. I track my intake through MFP, and after having a period of about 6 months where I didn't track I have now managed a 43 day streak :). I will be weighing each Monday. I'm also going to try to post pictures on a weekly or bi-weekly basis, as well as measurements (waist, arms, legs, chest, hips, etc.).

Using Katch-McCardle with a BF% estimate at 25% with Moderately active as my activity modifier gives me a TDEE of right at 3,500 calories per day. I'm going to try out a 20% deficit, putting me at roughly 2,800 calories per day (2,787 calories).

Here's the macro breakdown:

210g P
230g CHO
115g F

2,795 calories

If anyone has any suggestions here, PLEASE chime in. I'm all about listening to input and want to make the best use of this log!

SUPPS

As far as the main supps go, here is what I will be running for this log:

OL Sup3r Epi: 500/500/500/500/500/500/500/500
Ostarine: 15/15/15/15/15/15/15/15
OL Cardar1ne: 7/7/14/14/14/14/14/14

I'm having a bit of trouble deciding on the Osta dosages, as I have a partial bottle of EnduraShred (31 caps) and a partial bottle of Omega Labs Ostar (56 caps). Not sure if I should start at 10mg using the Endurashred and then finish out the cycle with 215mg or what. Input here is helpful.

I'm also considering bridging into Epi from this setup and reverse dieting into recomp. This may be too long on, though. Thoughts? If I use some Tr3st that I have as a base, I will be shut down HARD!

I think that these supps will keep me from losing any LBM during a hard cut, at least that's my hope :D

Supports are:

Anastrozole on hand in case of flareups during cycle

Inhibit P on hand in case of flareups during cycle

Cycle Assist run every day, including with the Epi-Andro (I've been preloading with Ar1micare Pro for a bit now)

Taurine 5g daily

RYR 1,200mg daily

CoQ10 150mg daily

Fish Oil

Joint Support XT

Cissus XT

PCT will be Torem 120/90/60/60, Sup3r PCT and Exemestane 12.5mg E3D after PCT. I may even throw in some Test1fy Pro instead of Sup3r PCT if I have the funds :)

Pres:

I may use the energy from GW and Epi-Andro to help power my workouts and give me a stim break at the same time. However, I have some stim & non-stim Conqu3r Unleashed, ProSupps NO3 Drive and IFN Max Out on hand too.

LIFTING & CARDIO

Lifting will be as follows:

I have been doing 5/3/1 for what seems like forever, and am really considering a change. I recently ran across Waterbury for cutting, but since I will be on Anabolics I may be able to get away with three lifting days per week. In his "cutting" template, he recommends two days of lifting with 10 X 3 rep scheme at 75% of 1RM (basically a 1RM weight). His "normal" routine uses 85% 1RM, I believe. The cutting routine recommends some Cardio and 45 second rests between sets. I will need to lift in the early AM, as I work two jobs. Hoping the short rests will be good to make the workouts quick but still effective.

As I have some serious issues with heel spurs on the part of my heels where the Achilles attaches. Squatting seems to seriously affect this, in a bad way. I'm feeling better after taking Cissus XT and Joint Support XT everyday, along with some stretching, but my entire posterior chain is always tight. My calves, hammies and glutes are super tense all of the time. I think I need to try to add some flexibility and mobility work. Like I have the time!!! ;) In other words, I'll be trying to add Squats back, but will be taking it easy and trying to incorporate some flexibility work.

Once again, input here is WELCOME! I'm a little concerned about the GW working better with slow-twitch muscles, so I may just need to do higher reps, lower weights.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just finished my first bottle of Sup3r Epi last night, and started on my purchased bottle today with 2 caps PWO. I think I'm going to bump up to three caps a day, along with 25mg Osta and 21mg of GW.

As for effects, I have noticed a definite difference in libido, energy, mood and alpha feeling. In the gym, my focus and aggression has been on point. I didn't make it to the gym as much as I wanted, but I'm doing my best to get back in there more often lately. Diet has been pretty steady, but perhaps could use some refining. Hard to know what might effect me while on GW, so I didn't drop carbs as much as maybe I should have. I need to stay on point the rest of this cut, easing into my Tr3st/Epi run. I might even need to drop calories a lot more to boost fat loss, as I still have the sparing effects from the GW, Osta and Epi on board. I had a couple of cheat days in there where I didn't track, so it threw off my average caloric intake report, but I'm estimating it was still about 2,800 calories average for the last 30 days.

I still feel as if I am leaning out a bit, as clothes that were once tight on the abdomen are a bit more loose, and the veins on my arms are more prominent than before. I just have a LONG way to go :(

Vascularity has also been very good.

Warning, ugly noodz incoming ;) The top two are before shots, and the bottom two are after. I'm not sure, but it seems like I did have some fat loss, especially in the abdominal area. I'm embarassed to have let myself balloon up that much, and I really need to do some manscaping again :) These are all taken post workout unflexed.

Scale weight didn't move much over this period. Looking back, this was only a period from March 4th until today, so not quite three weeks. I think my slight injury and sickness took their toll over this period

Before Front.jpg
Before Side.jpg

After Front.jpg
After Side.jpg

clown007

clown007

Awards
In to see more OL-UK helping people achieve their best!

Can't wait to see the transformation!

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
SUBBED! Looks like you have a great plan laid out!
Can't wait to get some of this stuff for my own!

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In to see more OL-UK helping people achieve their best!

Can't wait to see the transformation!
Oh yeah, I'm ready to uncover my lean mass :) Welcome!

Looking at adding epi to my osta run, too.
I've always wondered how they would work together. I don't think Epi-Andro actually binds to the AR, but Osta does. Really interested to see what happens!

Thanks for joining!

SUBBED! Looks like you have a great plan laid out!
Can't wait to get some of this stuff for my own!
Thanks, brother! Glad to have you!

Sub'd! Looks like a good cut will be had.
I certainly hope so! I'm tired of all this fat, LOL.

Awesome, man! Glad to have you along. That Cardar1ne is gonna come in handy on this cut :)

In for this one!
Welcome!

Subbed! Good luck
Thanks, brother. Welcome!

Hey now!! Nice combo of products!! Should be fun.
I thought so :)

I can't wait until the Epi gets here :D Really glad to have you in here, brother!

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wanted to see how I react to the Cardar1ne, so I actually started the EnduraShred last night. This was a mistake, as apparently GW before bed gives me insomnia. I dosed it around 6PM or so, but still had a hard time sleeping even with 50mg Benadryl! I just wanted to see how the GW treats me before I start the Epi, so that I can isolate the effects. I've run Osta a few times before, so pretty much know the drill there :)

Still figuring out my exact lifting plan for this combo. I hit the gym this morning for the first day of 10 X 3 lifting, to see how it went.

Man, it takes a while!! Even with 45 second rests, it still took me a little over an hour.

"Day 1" of 10 X 3 for Fat Loss calls for:

A Deadlift 10 3 75% of 1RM * 45 sec.
B Chin-Up or Pulldown 10 3 75% of 1RM * 45 sec.
C Barbell Front or Hack Squat 10 3 75% of 1RM * 45 sec.
D Dip or Decline Bench Press 10 3 75% of 1RM * 45 sec.

I started with about 280 on Deadlifts, and realized that it might be a bit much. Ended up dropping down to 245 for 10 X 3. Went on to Pulldowns, and Regular Bench. I've never liked Decline :(

I saved the Hack Squat until the last exercise, and I actually had to stop due to hamstring cramping. I really need to get used to Squatting again. Maybe I should have done Front Squats instead.

Also not sure if the 10 X 3 is for me, LOL. A bit nauseated midway through, but that may have been from dosing the EnduraShred this morning. I also have been trying out the ECA stack lately, and that may have caused some queasiness as well. I think I have decided on doing Cardio 5 times a week (LISS on a treadmill) and 2 days of lifting 10 X 3 style.

I also don't know about acute effects of GW, but I was full of energy last night at UPS. I was like a machine, LOL.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Almost forgot. My weight this morning was 254.9. I'll get a starting weight on Monday before I start the Sup3r Epi Elite.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Have you done any of the boring but big 531 variations Misfit, or a variation of PHAT?

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have you done any of the boring but big 531 variations Misfit, or a variation of PHAT?
I actually have been doing 5/3/1 BBB for a long time. Maybe I should stick with it?
yates84 recommended PHAT, but not sure I have the time for that lol.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
I actually have been doing 5/3/1 BBB for a long time. Maybe I should stick with it?
yates84 recommended PHAT, but not sure I have the time for that lol.
Program choice can be a really personal thing, part of me would feel a bit uneasy making unsolicited recc's this close to a new product run.

Having said that, though, PHAT is very flexible and can be modified to suit quite easily. At its core its actually not too different from some BBB templates.

Did you enjoy BBB? I get the impression youve been looking for a change?

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Program choice can be a really personal thing, part of me would feel a bit uneasy making unsolicited recc's this close to a new product run.

Having said that, though, PHAT is very flexible and can be modified to suit quite easily. At its core its actually not too different from some BBB templates.

Did you enjoy BBB? I get the impression youve been looking for a change?
Actually, the only reason I was looking to change is that I have heard the GW is better for endurance and slow twitch muscle. Maybe I'm perceiving more of an issue than there actually is lol. Then again, 10 X 3 is a bit heavier as well.

I've enjoyed 5/3/1 BBB, so maybe I should stay with it. Much better than having to reorganize everything lol.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
What did you say the name of the 10x3 program was?

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What did you say the name of the 10x3 program was?
It's a program from Chad Waterbury. It's normally just 10 X 3, but this one is geared towards far loss. Basically they are the same except the load and days per week are changed.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No workout today. I am SO sore from yesterday, lol.

Really thinking about just sticking with 5/3/1 BBB.

No Sup3r Epi yet, checking the mail here in a bit.

Still keeping around 2800 calories, and think I'm dropping some water weight.

I think I might have a little lethargy as the GW kicks in. Maybe from the switchover from carbs to fat as a fuel source?

Vascularity is up so far, on par with Ostarine from the past. Maybe GW too?

Another reason I started the EnduraShred early is so I could isolate how GW makes me feel versus the Epi-Andro.

Edit: nothing yet, hopefully tomorrow.

namorbrowneye

Awards
Subbed, good luck bro and super interested to see the results you obtain. I am running Primeval labs Epi GH right now and I had the same lethargy from the first few days of taking it. ~30mg GW is my dosage from the Go.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed, good luck bro and super interested to see the results you obtain. I am running Primeval labs Epi GH right now and I had the same lethargy from the first few days of taking it. ~30mg GW is my dosage from the Go.
Thanks for joining brother!

I'm glad to see it wasn't just me. Hoping to get through the lethargy, especially with the Epi Elite coming :)

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Late to this, SUBB
No problem, brother. Still no Sup3r Epi here, hopefully today.

Now I'm not sure if I should start it tomorrow if I receive it today, or wait until Monday. I'm anxious to start :D

Glad I started the Osta and GW first, so I can properly separate the effects :)

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol. I might do the same, but will probably wait at least until tomorrow morning if I get it today.

namorbrowneye

Awards
I get super aggressive, almost high blood pressure like aggression lol when I take my 225mg of epiandro. Curious to see how you guys react to 500mg of super delivery type lol.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hopefully I get mine tomorrow. Anxious to start!

netflixNchill

netflixNchill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I get super aggressive, almost high blood pressure like aggression lol when I take my 225mg of epiandro. Curious to see how you guys react to 500mg of super delivery type lol.
Im liking it so far

wesb2387

wesb2387

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Misfit28 you may have said it somewhere but, I couldn't find it. When are you gonna dose the epiandro? Prewo or throughout the day?

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Misfit28 you may have said it somewhere but, I couldn't find it. When are you gonna dose the epiandro? Prewo or throughout the day?
I'm thinking 1 cap pre and 1 cap later in the day, maybe around lunchtime.

wesb2387

wesb2387

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
True, you ever think of doing it all preworkout? I've been on epi for about 6 weeks now dosing all preworkout. Having some of the best workouts of my life no lie.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
True, you ever think of doing it all preworkout? I've been on epi for about 6 weeks now dosing all preworkout. Having some of the best workouts of my life no lie.
I thought of it, but I think it would be better to have more energy through the day.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow, going to have to up my cardio game big time. I thought the GW might just be hype, but my cardio endurance is a bit crazy right now. Didn't have time for more today, but man I felt good doing pretty fast pedaling on a stationary bike.

Almost got a "runner's high" going, lol. Wow.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow, going to have to up my cardio game big time. I thought the GW might just be hype, but my cardio endurance is a bit crazy right now. Didn't have time for more today, but man I felt good doing pretty fast pedaling on a stationary bike.

Almost got a "runner's high" going, lol. Wow.
That's an awesome feeling!!!

No hype...that stuff works:)

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have 1 bottle still waiting on me for summer time:)
It has been odd for me. First few days I felt down and lethargic. Last night and today I have felt great.\

Of course, it will be almost 70 here today and sunshine after a lot of rain and clouds too ;)

I was watching my heart rate on the bike, had to pedal VERY fast to get my HR up to around 140, when I slowed my pulse dropped VERY quickly. I need to measure the time it takes to drop.

Still doing 1 EnduraShred in the morning. Took an extra last night and it made my endurance skyrocket at my second job. Felt effortless.

Haven't touched my 2 Cardar1ne bottles yet, still have quite a few EnduraShred caps left.

I'm ready to see this fat start melting, especially when I add the Sup3r Epi :D

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Workout update:

Since I hit 10 X 3 earlier in the week, decided to go ahead and finish the week with it. I think I'm going to go back to 5/3/1 BBB for this log. I'm used to the setup, and it just feels right to me. I can better gauge progress as well.

This morning I hit 10 X 3 with 135 on Pendlay Rows. Recovery between sets was phenomenal with the GW. 45 seconds was more than enough time to recover somehow, LOL.

I also did 10 X 3 on Leg Press with something like 220 or so. I need to work on Squats and mobility my first week, so I will be transitioning to that. May just do Front Squats, as Back Squats always kill my back because of inflexibilty

Hit 10 X 3 on Standing OHP as well. 105 was easy for this, able to easily get good explosive reps easily.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anyone have any thoughts regarding LISS vs. HIIT on GW? From what I have read, GW works to not only prefer fat versus carbs for your primary fuel source but also affects slow twitch fibers. For fat loss, I have always viewed HIIT to be superior (and less time consuming!).

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Lol I can't wait to start my Cardar1ne, my heart rate has been sitting a little high for my liking during this cycle. I wish I had more than one bottle. Definitely noticing the crappy endurance from the tren and I'm curious to see how GW can treat that.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol I can't wait to start my Cardar1ne, my heart rate has been sitting a little high for my liking during this cycle. I wish I had more than one bottle. Definitely noticing the crappy endurance from the tren and I'm curious to see how GW can treat that.
I can't believe it seems to be kicking in so fast. I've heard good things about it helping out with tren.

I need some concrete numbers to make sure it isn't placebo, but I feel great now.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
I can't believe it seems to be kicking in so fast. I've heard good things about it helping out with tren.

I need some concrete numbers to make sure it isn't placebo, but I feel great now.
What are you going to do to measure the effects?

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You could do like a submaximal VO2max test and measure heart rate before and after your run?
I normally don't do any structured cardio per se, just what I get from my evening job at UPS. I generally use a bike, but same difference with HR before and after might reveal some differences over time.

Just never quite got the whole jogging/running thing. Messes with my whole body doing the higher impact stuff.

I really want to get a FitBit Charge HR, so I have continuous HR monitoring.