... picking up where I left off
- 04-28-2005, 09:32 PM
... picking up where I left off
Time to resume growing, here we go !!!
I've been busy with work, life and what not. Anyway, here's my attempt to get back on track. I'm sitting at 170lbs (still) and want to get to 180lbs by the end of June. I'm using the rest of this week and next week to get my body used to working out again and eating 5-6 meals a day. My official bulk will start on May 8th and yes, I'll be doing it Bobo style !
- 04-28-2005, 10:20 PM
Good luck bro; I'm going to cut for a 8 weeks with Bobo, then go bulking for 8months[edit: I mean 8 weeks]. See what happens from there.
Last edited by Beowulf; 04-28-2005 at 10:40 PM.
- 04-28-2005, 10:25 PM
Nice to see you posting up again Silver. Best of luck to you!
Hey Beowulf, an 8 month bulker sounds like my kind of deal! I'll be doing an 8 week cutter this Summer as well. Probably Bobo style.
Oooohhh, my bad. That should say 8 week bulker. Of course, it could turn into an 8 month bulker, depending on how lean I can stay. I'm thinking it will be at least a 4-5 month bulker.Originally Posted by Cuffs
I still like the sound of the 8-month. 8-months of Double-Double burges!Originally Posted by Beowulf
What exactly is a double-double?
Oh-man unless you live on the west coast you are missing out. Carls Jr. baby, probably the best fast food burger there is. Hardees on the east coast except they don't serve the same stuff from what I remember.
I am pushing back my bulk start date by a week due to some things outside of my control. Official start date is now May 15th.
Ok, here we go !!!
Here are the "before" pictures taken this morning. As you can see, I have gained some flab over the last few months... Official start date is this coming Sunday, May 15th. Critique away, no need to be gentle, but please be constructive in your criticism, otherwise I'll ignore it.
Thank you in advance for your encouragement.
Day zero: official weigh-in/stats
31 1/2" waist, 169 lbs
Proposed bulk plan: Bobo's (FLA) deluxe muscle building program - I did this program a few months ago and had great results. This is a "rinse and repeat" bulk except I'm doing it without his supervision. I will post weekly updates with pictures @ 4 weeks and 8 weeks.
Today was leg day, ouch !
End of week 1
Correction: I weighed myself last week on a carpeted surface - I should have done that on a flat, hard surface... anyway, I weighed myself Friday and was 165 lbs.
End of week 1: Weight 166 lbs (on empty)
* +1 lb from initial, estimated starting weight
* Eating all my meals is not as difficult this time around
* Due to schedule conflicts I've modified my workout plan to a four day split as follows:
Monday - Chest
Tuesday - Back
Wednesday - off
Thursday - Arms
Friday - Legs
Saturday - off
Sunday - off
* My midsection feels a little tighter; I may post progress pictures every two weeks...
* Overall feeling great, looking forward to week 2
I assume based on what you want to gain/timeframe of it, you are doing this thing androgen assisted. What are you running and how many cals/protein are you packing in ED? Tough to get an understanding of how your cycle is going without knowing the basics of it.
Howdy. I'm using Bobo's (FLA Nutrition) Deluxe Muscle Building plan, therefore I am unable to disclose too many details. All I can tell you is that my daily caloric intake is in the 3500 range, I'm using very basic supplements, and zero anabolics/androgens. Perhaps this thread should be in the Bobo section; I did not create it there because I'm not using his services this time, I'm just using the same plan I purchased a few months ago.
LOL, I forgot to post an update last weekend and my workout this week is a day behind - today was leg day.
I'll post an update tomorrow; I suspect my weight will be off due to today's workout...
End of week 3
End of week 3: Weight 168 lbs (on empty)
* +3 lbs from initial, estimated starting weight
* Missed some meals during the holiday weekend
* My midsection looks and feels a little tighter; roomie not here to take pics, I'll try later today or tomorrow morning
* Overall feeling great, looking forward to week 4
Week 5: Weight 170 lbs (on empty)
* +5 lbs from initial, estimated starting weight
* Been somewhat stressed due to job security; not related to my own performance but company's focus on outsourcing to other countries...
End of Week Five
End of week 5: Weight 170 lbs (on empty)
* +5 lbs from initial, estimated starting weight
* Variation: I may introduce cardio next week in hopes that I have some kind of six pack by mid July.
* Time to eat more to gain more hehe. Week 6 here I come!
End of week 6
End of week 6: Weight 168 lbs (on empty)
* +3 lbs from initial, estimated starting weight; -2 lbs from last week
* Variation: I did not introduce cardio as I had originally planned. I'll probably do that this week, 2x @ week.
* I missed my leg workout this past week and a lot of meals for two consecutive days due to work related issues...
* I added Avant's SessaThin and DS' Lean Xtreme early last week to help me get some abs this summer. This may be counterproductive/in conflict with my original goal of gaining muscle. I'll have to experiment; if I don't put on any more muscle weight I'll have to discontinue them.
* I need to figure out a way to make sure I get all my meals; it sucks when I'm in meetings all day and there's no time to eat... I guess I could eat in my meetings if people don't object...
* Time to eat more to gain more hehe. Week 7 here I come!
P.S. I took these pics just a few minutes ago. I look a little big in the middle, partly due to fat and partly due to lots of f00d in my stomach hehe.
Last edited by silverSurfer; 06-26-2005 at 12:47 PM. Reason: adding today's pics
Brief update: I got some kind of sinus infection/stomach flu/something weird so I'm going to discontinue the Lean Xtreme today.
End of week 7
End of week 7: Weight 172 lbs (on empty)
* +7 lbs from initial, estimated starting weight; +4 lbs from last week
* Variation: As noted in my previous post I discontinued Lean Xtreme; Still using Sessa Thin @ 2 servings ED. Also, I did not introduce cardio because I started feeling yuck
* I missed my leg workout the previous week so I decided to do it on Monday and adjust my workout days accordingly - I did not want to go through a week without a leg workout. I did legs on Monday, Tuesday was off and started feeling yuck, decided to take Wednesday off. Thursday I decided to stop LX and did chest after work and WOW! I had the most amazing chest workout. Friday was feeling 100% better and did back after work and WOW again! My lifts were up just like the previous day. I had amazing focus those two days it was unreal - I'm very happy hehe
* Time to eat more to gain more hehe. Week 8 here I come!
This is the last week of the 8 week program. I'm trying to decide if I should
a) Take a week off then repeat
b) Take a week off then start Bobo's fat loss program
My birthday is coming up and I'm thinking about giving myself a little "fat loss" present, however I think I'd be happier whenever I break 200 lbs. I figure once I break or go beyond 200 lbs I can cut and still be a decent size.
The other thing I'm struggling with is discipline. I'm afraid if I start the fat loss plan I may not have the mental discipline required to see it through... Maybe if I continue bulking I'll eventually reach a point where I'm disciplined enough to take on the fat loss program...
End of week 8
End of week 8: Weight 171 lbs (on empty)
* +6 lbs from initial, estimated starting weight; -1 lbs from last week
* I'm pleased with my results thus far. 6 lbs gain is good considering I've lost some flab around my waist and without supplements.
* I was thinking about signing up for the fat loss program, but I think I need to stay on track and keep on gaining muscle. I really want to break the 200 lb mark before I cut. So, I think I'll take a week off from the gym and start over with the clean bulk.
* Updates will be given on a monthly basis since I have a long way to go hehe.
It has been almost 2 weeks since my 8 week clean bulk cycle ended. I took the first week completely off - zero workouts. I did a leg workout this week because I was bored.
My body feels rested enough to rinse and repeat. I'm thinking about incorporating E-Max (the new Ergo Max) during the frst four weeks. I did not get to try the "original" formula so we'll see if the "new" formula yields any significant results in terms of strength, size, weight, and mood. I have until Saturday to decide, more to come...
Note: If I do decide to incorporate E Max the cycle will be very simple:
Weeks 1-4: E-Max 10mg/20mg ED depending on results & tolerance
Weeks 5-8: CNW Nolva 80/60/40/40
Last edited by silverSurfer; 07-28-2005 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Added cycle details