powerlifters log DMZ 4.0

clk

clk

Awards
okay guys. I was asking some questions on a previous thread about 1/4 Andro. There was some interest in starting a log for that cycle, so here it is. However, instead of 1/4 andro, I will be running super dmz 4.0. For those of you that dont know, DMZ 4.0 is not actually DMZ. It consists of 260MG 1/4/5 andro, EPI Andro, ostarine, and laxogenin.

CYCLE:
6 weeks
DMZ 4.0: 3 caps spread evenly throughout the day.
BSL Letrone: 1 cap a day

Post Cycle:
super pct
Clomid

MY STATS:
-6'5 @ 260 pounds. bodyfat is roughly 14-15%.
-intake 5200 calories. 520P, 500C fat... no idea. but its there.
I eat four pre-made meals every day plus a shake at night. This makes up my 5200 calorie baseline. these meals are always consumed. However, i also eat just about anything else that gets in my way. I eat as much as possible every single day. I am an ectomorph and usually stay pretty lean in comparison to how i eat.

PROGRAMMING/TRAINING:
i do powerlifting and strongman type training. i stick to the basic big lifts. squats, deadlifts, bench, and a lot of standing OHP and bent over rows. i dont attack one muscle from 30,000 different directions that many of you do. aint nobody got time for that.

-currently running SMOLOV for squats.
im in the second half of the program which is called "intense mesocycle". the first half of the program put all my other lifts on maintenance. the
second half of the program allows more time to add a little focus on other lifts. so i will be putting a lot of focus on bench and running SMOLOV JR for that lift while finishing up SMOLOV squat.

back will mainly consist of rows, farmer carries and maintenance deadlifts. i cant go too hard on the deads just due to the fact that im also running smolov. i think trying to do so would be like dividing by zero. i may vanish into thin air and die.

GOALS:
mostly my goals revolve around increasing my squat and bench.
SQUAT- currently my squat is at 485 with wraps and 465 without. id like to hit 500# with no wraps.

BENCH- bench is super crappy right now. currently in maintenance at a 315 max. i will test this in a couple days when i start smolov Jr. but my goal is simply increase this max to 1000#'s but thats not possible. any increase will be welcome.

OHP- currently at a 205 3 rep max. id like to increase this to a 225 3rm. i will not be testing a 1rm.

ROW- hitting 315x8 currently. any increase would be welcome.

DL- i will be keeping DL's in maintenance for the most part. depending on how im feeling will determine how hard i push the lift. smolov is brutal. adding DL's with smolov is not too smart. but we shall see.

i also do a variety of strongman work. however, i will not get too much into that unless asked. its really just a bunch of random "lift big heavy thing and carry it over there. now throw this and that. drag that truck up the hill. repeat. repeat"

well, there we go. thats about all i can think of for now. i have never ran a log before. so if there is anything that i am missing, let me know. if you have any advice, im open ears.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed for the big fella moving big weights. You can include the strongman stuff in the log, there are a few of us who have dipped our toes in that sport.

clk

clk

Awards
Will do! Wasn't sure if there was much interest in the strongman stuff. But if there is, I'll add that in. I'll add the rep schemes for smolov/smolov Jr. As time goes on. That way y'all will know exactly what's going on and how these compounds perform.

clk

clk

Awards
Did the third day of the intense mesocycle for smolov today.
4x 295
4x 320
5x4 365
Then followed it up with maintenance DL's at 75%. Ended up with 500 5x5.
Overall it was a light squat and DL workout. Nothing too intense.

i wanted some more of a pump so i ended up doing drop setting the whole stack on leg extensions. AMRAP'ed 220# all the way down to 20# decreasing 20#'s each set with 45 seconds in between.

Obviously nothing of significance to report on the cycle yet.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In. Hoping you see some good progress, these compounds always treat me well. Slow and steady and no big water gains or sides. You a 700lb puller I assume? You must be a long-limbed sumbitch at 6'5" and those numbers.

clk

clk

Awards
700 is a goal of mine. Just not right now because of the squatting volume. Right now I'm pulling 655 conventional. 400, 500, 700 has been my long term goal for a while. I was close but ended up on a deployment. Ruined almost all my strength progress I made. Owell. Part of the journey.
Ha yea I've got some long arms. 76" wing span I believe

clk

clk

Awards
Word! The more the marrier! Hopefully in a couple weeks I'll be able to post up a 500# squat for you guys to tear me apart on lol

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've run Smolov for squats a few times and major love/hate relationship with it. Thought about using for bench a few times but chickened out every time I was giving it serious thought. Following for the bench progress.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Subd

Which Feds do you compete in?

clk

clk

Awards
I've run Smolov for squats a few times and major love/hate relationship with it. Thought about using for bench a few times but chickened out every time I was giving it serious thought. Following for the bench progress.
I feel you on the love hate. Its pretty brutal. I've had to up my mobility game quite a bit. But so far I've had no issues other than sore knees and I've made a lot of gains in strength.
Just as a note, I'm not running the full smolov for bench. Just smolov Jr. The full smolov would probably be bad ass if your shoulders can take it.

Audioph1x

Audioph1x

Awards
  • Established
Subbed. Moving serious ****ing weight in this bitch.

clk

clk

Awards
Subd

Which Feds do you compete in?
Have yet to make a PL meet. So really I'm a wannabe. My deployment messed up how I had everything scheduled out for my first meet. But now I'm working with a guy at metroflex to wiggle my way into my first meet. Just need to touch up some of my lifts.
I do compete in the strongman comps at metroflex when they have them here in the Houston area.

clk

clk

Awards
I did get a pretty wicked pump from the drop sets today. I know that's not from the 4.0 yet. But still thought it looked crazy.

Attachments

Audioph1x

Audioph1x

Awards
  • Established
I did get a pretty wicked pump from the drop sets today. I know that's not from the 4.0 yet. But still thought it looked crazy.
Hell yeah man. Damn you got some big legs.

You certainty have all the familiar markings of a big ****ing pull.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Massive quads. I think we're all jelly.

clk

clk

Awards
Haha thanks. Don't be jealous. Its a biatch finding pants.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
clk

clk

Awards
Haha well sometimes you gotta play the whole lady game and wear some nice duds while you take them to dinner. All while trying to not act like you want to eat your plate, her plate and the neighbors plate of food. What a crap shot.

Audioph1x

Audioph1x

Awards
  • Established
Haha well sometimes you gotta play the whole lady game and wear some nice duds while you take them to dinner. All while trying to not act like you want to eat your plate, her plate and the neighbors plate of food. What a crap shot.
Hahaha. Couldn't have said it better. The "all you can eat hibachi buffet" first date isn't the best idea, unfortunately.

clk

clk

Awards
no. no it is not. they also do not seem to think eating fajitas for three is as impressive as i think it is. PFFT... what do they know?! they have cooties anyways.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Haha, it's not something to brag about but I can out eat a lot of men. No shame in my game!

clk

clk

Awards
Well that's good! Someone like you wouldn't look at me like I'm a nasty slob when I order some ridiculous meal. ?

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Subd for results!

clk

clk

Awards
Glad to have you!

By the way, anyone know how long it takes to kick in?? I've never used any of the Andros before.

clk

clk

Awards
Just finished feeding time. So I'll be going to the gym in about an hour and a half.

clk

clk

Awards
Finished day one of smolov Jr. For chest. Pretty easy workout all around. I knew it would be light today. So I also tested my 1rm for bench. I got 325 up pretty sloppy. So really I'd say that 315 is still my max.

Workout today was
6x6@225 flat (Smolov)
5x5@185 incline
4x8@131 log press

Then I added

5x8@ 100 db press
5x8 dips
Along with some other boring accessory work like cable fly's, pull overs etc. Typical chest day really.

Day 3 on cycle, nothing to note as far as the drugs go. No effect yet.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Glad to have you!

By the way, anyone know how long it takes to kick in?? I've never used any of the Andros before.
Lethargy from Osta always seems 2-3wks in just from suppression but w the 4 and epi Andro there you likely won't feel it as they'll be providing some energy in lieu of your then suppressed endogenous production. 1dhea really makes me drag ass tho in general so you may still feel that. You might start noticing better fullness and longer pumps in a week. 2 weeks to notice any kind of comp changes at all. This isn't M1T so you're not gaining 20lbs and adding 40lbs to lifts auto-magically, but if you don't look better or bigger at all in 8 weeks and haven't gotten any stronger it's definitely on you lol

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
And you may not need the Letrone every day man. It will make my joints creak and pop in a few days if I'm just taking it for fun, so don't get drier than you need to be as Smolov is no joke on the joints. I would look at every other night and adjust if you get too creaky or wet.

Reactions: clk
clk

clk

Awards
Right on man. Thanks. I know its mild. I'm not expecting a crap load of gains. Just trying to add 35# to the squat for the most part.

clk

clk

Awards
And you may not need the Letrone every day man. It will make my joints creak and pop in a few days if I'm just taking it for fun, so don't get drier than you need to be as Smolov is no joke on the joints. I would look at every other night and adjust if you get too creaky or wet.
Good advice man. I didn't know that. Thank you!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can you post a swolfie? ?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Right on man. Thanks. I know its mild. I'm not expecting a crap load of gains. Just trying to add 35# to the squat for the most part.
With your weight and experience combined w that program and the pro-anabolic environment it's absolutely doable. Remind yourself it's only 15 more than the wrapped. Sneak a couple walkouts w 545 into the heavy days here and there. Eat to be strong and fuel the training.

clk

clk

Awards
With your weight and experience combined w that program and the pro-anabolic environment it's absolutely doable. Remind yourself it's only 15 more than the wrapped. Sneak a couple walkouts w 545 into the heavy days here and there. Eat to be strong and fuel the training.
Yea I think so too. Haven't thought about walking out with heavy weight. May give it a few shots.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
clk

clk

Awards
Thanks! I actually look a little different than that now. Not sure how long ago it was taken. But its been a little while.

There's more tats. Just can't see them all.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks! I actually look a little different than that now. Not sure how long ago it was taken. But its been a little while.

There's more tats. Just can't see them all.
No more tattoos for me! They freaking hurt so bad.

Your legs are pretty massive for being so tall. My friend could never grow his legs and he's also 6'5.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
6'5" here as well, siZe for me is second nature. Used to be extremely skinny. Not anymore.

clk

clk

Awards
I'm pretty sure I'm ectomorphic. In relation to my consumption, I'm stay pretty lean. Even with no cardio.

clk

clk

Awards
I laaav pizzaaaa!

Attachments

clk

clk

Awards
Yesterday was another squat day. It panned out like this:
275×2
320×4
365×4
410×3
410 2×4

410 2×4 was rough. Mentally something was up. I couldn't get the rage (that's what I call it at least) every rep, every set, was hard. Usually 410 isn't TOO bad. But it wasn't treating me well yesterday. At one point, I unracked, walked out, and basically just sat down lol. Nothing felt right and as soon as I dropped my hips, I knew I missed the rep. I controlled it down and let the safety bars take it. I just kinda kept going and sat on the ground with a low slung head. The iron never lies. This time it won the battle. But I don't give up. Fuk the iron.

I had issues staying tight when I unracked and I sure couldn't get tight going down. Either way, I sucked it up one rep at a time and finished.
No accessories this time.

Today I did chest and back.

Bp:
235 7×5 (smolov)
Incline 185 5×8
Ohp:
205 10×3. .. not sure why I decided to do that. I will likely regret it on my next chest day.

Followed up chest with the typical bb accessory work. My guess is as smolov progresses, I will have to taper off of the accessory work. But for now, everything feels okay.

Day 5 on cycle: As far as the drugs are concerned, nothing to note.
Had some strange dreams the other night. But I have ptsd and that happens with me pretty often. Don't think that's on the drugs. But who knows. That could also be the contributing factor for my psyche yesterday as the dreams were the night before that.

clk

clk

Awards
Yesterday was a rest day. Today I have to double my workout. I will be on a hunting trip tomorrow. So I'm adding tomorrow's volume in today. Morning workout is:
Squats
275x4
320x4
365x4
410x3
410 2x4

My pm workout will be chest. I'll post it up later on today.

clk

clk

Awards
For those of you commenting on my legs, at least this isn't a common occurrence for you guys. I buy the baggiest jeans I can find. They still fit like spandex and I always blow the crotch out within a month.

Attachments

MattB88

MattB88

Awards
For those of you commenting on my legs, at least this isn't a common occurrence for you guys. I buy the baggiest jeans I can find. They still fit like spandex and I always blow the crotch out within a month.
The life of us powerlifters! Leg growth is awesome when squatting below parallel on a daily. Not to mention gluteal muscles. I feel your pain brother!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Buy a bigger size man. Just have to accept that they're gonna be truly baggy to fit the thighs and ass, unless you pay for them to be tailored. It's only a struggle if you're trying to get the smallest size you can sneak into. But this is never worth the discomfort. Always go the next size up.

clk

clk

Awards
Yea I'll have to. They always look a little sloppy when I have a size up.

Morning workout is complete. I dropped the last 4 reps down to 385.

Now im desperately trying to up my calories for the day. Trying to get in 6000 by tonight just so I will have the fuel for this evenings workout.