Botched Shot??

Iceman013

Iceman013

Awards
Hello everybody. I'm looking for a little help for a certain situation I'm in. This is my first cycle (test cyp 500mg ew, dbol 40mg ed for 4 weeks). It's week 3 now, have successfully administered 5 out of 6 injections. Injection #6 is a problem. Left delt is the site. A few days after this last injection I started getting pain more than the usual soreness. Now it's swollen and red a few inches below the inj site. The swelling feels hard/firm, the redness is on the side of my bicep, below the shoulder. Is this something that will go away on it's own? I used a 23g needle, 1 inch in the delt. Please help if you have time. Thanks

BuddyL

Awards
By now I hope your shoulder is better. I always inject on my butt. Having your shoulder out of joint can get in the way of so many workout and daily living. You should not inject more than 2 cc's at a time. It you go larger you can injure the muscle. So I imagine you are giving yourself 2 shots. One on each butt check. Thighs can be used if they are massive. 22 or 23 needle is fine but at least 1 1/2 inches. Don't have to go clear to the hilt. Clean the skin well with alcohol and after a shower can be easier.

Iceman013

Iceman013

Awards
I've done glutes, quads, delts...and then the problem. I only inject 1cc. At work now, its pretty red and hard. Hoping it's not an infection because how embarrassing will that be to go to the hospital and have to admit I'm shooting test! I'll hope it gets better in a few days...if not I guess I have to go to the energency room. Been massaging it with a warm/hot cloth. Use a heating pad at night to try to loosen it up a lil. Thanks for the reply

BuddyL

Awards
I have been a nurse for 36 years and I give other people shots without twitching. I have been giving myself shots for years and I hate it. Only once did I get a knot in my ass. Ice and hot helped. Do hope you get better without the ER. Is it just swollen or does pus come out.
Some of the guys at the gym have arms the size of my legs so injecting into the delt is so easy. All the best to you

Iceman013

Iceman013

Awards
No puss or anything, just swollen, hard and red. Seems like it's spreading to my bicep. I hope it heals up quickly and thanks for the well wishes. As a nurse, have you ever had someone come in with complications from injecting aas?

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm pretty sure if there's a possible infection you want to stay away from heat. Ice it and take some Advil and see if that helps.

BuddyL

Awards
Heat helps draw blood to the infected site and aids in your own body to fight the infection and ice them helps the swelling. If the pain is traveling go to an Urgent Care Facility and and get checked out. You don't want long term problems

Iceman013

Iceman013

Awards
Here's an update! After several days of icing it, heating it, massaging it, and taking Advil the redness is GONE and the swelling is about 95% gone as well! Not sure what went wrong in the first place but it's getting much better now! Thanks for all the replies

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Draw circle with sharpie around red area if it expands you could have an infection they do this at my wife's hospital when seeing I'd a patient is having an reaction. Especially if it's hot

Fit4LifeMike

Fit4LifeMike

Awards
How long to warm and ice and massage??
Cuz I have this exact same thing on my butt

fdigioia99

fdigioia99

Awards
Hello everybody. I'm looking for a little help for a certain situation I'm in. This is my first cycle (test cyp 500mg ew, dbol 40mg ed for 4 weeks). It's week 3 now, have successfully administered 5 out of 6 injections. Injection #6 is a problem. Left delt is the site. A few days after this last injection I started getting pain more than the usual soreness. Now it's swollen and red a few inches below the inj site. The swelling feels hard/firm, the redness is on the side of my bicep, below the shoulder. Is this something that will go away on it's own? I used a 23g needle, 1 inch in the delt. Please help if you have time. Thanks
First off 4 weeks of test cyp. Is a waste takes that long to get into your system you need 12 weeks of the test you can definitely lose the dbol after 4 weeks though.