Madcow 5x5, MK 677, (-)-epi for strength gains

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
I didn't plan to log my current PCT and stack but one week in and I feel like I should. Current layout after 14weeks on osta bridged to Tridermal:

Clomid 50/25/25/25
Nolva 20/20/10/10/10
Viron 0/0/2/2/2/2/2/2 (5 on 2 off layout)
Adex/Formestane - TBD
DAA 3/3/3/3

OL MK677 - tapering up the dosage every month for a minimum of 4 months, 10/20/30/30mg

(-)-Epi Unleashed and Follidrone alternate switching each month- I'll be running 2 caps preworkout then split dose on days off.

Preworkout:

Komodo Katana
EGCG extract - 200mg

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
I'll be switching from a GVT type workout to Madcow 5x5. My main goal is bringing my strength back that I've lost.

Current calorie intake: 4k/day
BMR: last time I checked was around ~1700
TDEE: ~2700

I will not be posting before and after pics because this is my ugly body stage. Lol

Once in awhile, possibly for my PRs I'll video tape it.

IronAddiction

IronAddiction

Awards
  • Established
yo goodvibes how many bottles mk677? sounds like a solid plan. Loving the possible formestane OL tform?

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
I have 2 right now but I'll be buying a lot more because of it's versatility. My sleep had been great and I did not take any sleep aids this week.

Formestane OL yes I have a few bottles and formeron too

IronAddiction

IronAddiction

Awards
  • Established
hell yea man I gotta get on this mk. I need the sleep and partitioning boost. Convince me further brother lol

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Well I wasnt even going to log but the improvement from 1 week is noticeable. My appetite had increased dramatically. I normally eat big for my size but w/ MK I'm well above my natural calorie intake.

IronAddiction

IronAddiction

Awards
  • Established
That is great news. I look forward to seeing how clean cut you can get everything in pct, and keep your progress. I know you have it in you x100 brother.

alp.mozart

alp.mozart

Awards
I'll be switching from a GVT type workout to Madcow 5x5. My main goal is bringing my strength back that I've lost.

Current calorie intake: 4k/day
BMR: last time I checked was around ~1700
TDEE: ~2700

I will not be posting before and after pics because this is my ugly body stage. Lol

Once in awhile, possibly for my PRs I'll video tape it.
Did you actually lose strength on GVT or was it external factors that led to that?

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Did you actually lose strength on GVT or was it external factors that led to that?
I was cutting on high volume training so it's not the program. It's the drastic calorie deficit

IronAddiction

IronAddiction

Awards
  • Established
I also always felt like gvt is better for cutting and building lean muscle opposed to gaining raw strength. raw strength is created in my world from pushing only low reps of heavy as possible to unreal heavy

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
I also always felt like gvt is better for cutting and building lean muscle opposed to gaining raw strength. raw strength is created in my world from pushing only low reps of heavy as possible to unreal heavy
This will actually be the first program I will follow by the book. My squats had been lagging so I need to bring that up. This year will be my year of leg building. I stopped training legs for at least 3-4yrs due to injuries so now that I feel better I'm back at it. After this 12 program I will go back to the beloved GVT high vol training though cause I'm a bodybuilder at heart.

IronAddiction

IronAddiction

Awards
  • Established
Heck yea kill it, I have almost 30in thighs I love leg day

IronAddiction

IronAddiction

Awards
  • Established
If I lived out there I'd train with you brother. And cook yo ass some mean ass bbq, I cook for all my homies. Smoked brisket, ribs, steaks, whatever. Iron always feeds the people bro!

IronAddiction

IronAddiction

Awards
  • Established
welded up my own home made smoker/steamer/grill. its a beast I can fit like 2x25lb turkeys on there whole bird lol

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
If I lived out there I'd train with you brother. And cook yo ass some mean ass bbq, I cook for all my homies. Smoked brisket, ribs, steaks, whatever. Iron always feeds the people bro!
Dangg bbq ribs is my weakness bro! Makin me hungry jst thinking about it. What's your squat PR?

IronAddiction

IronAddiction

Awards
  • Established
just under 600

IronAddiction

IronAddiction

Awards
  • Established
normally without training for power 6 plates each side for a max day so like 585 without a build up

IronAddiction

IronAddiction

Awards
  • Established
at under 210 b.w. was repping 405 no issue. however the max's were at like 240lb b.w.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Those are beastly numbers! One day I'll get close to punching distance ;)

IronAddiction

IronAddiction

Awards
  • Established
Hell yea you can do it man. I am roughly 6'2 so it is really rough pushing what I push. that dead of 715 though is what I am more proud of :) nose bleed and all lol I am not even a power lifter what so ever. I think if I got heavy as hell and changed my focus from bb to pl I would do some damage. If I got to like 300 lbs and was an ogre which is doable, I think I could really kill some numbers.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Hell yea you can do it man. I am roughly 6'2 so it is really rough pushing what I push. that dead of 715 though is what I am more proud of :) nose bleed and all lol I am not even a power lifter what so ever. I think if I got heavy as hell and changed my focus from bb to pl I would do some damage. If I got to like 300 lbs and was an ogre which is doable, I think I could really kill some numbers.
Those are PLs number man. You're a natural strongman. Just a few tweaks and you can enter those PL meets

IronAddiction

IronAddiction

Awards
  • Established
Those are PLs number man. You're a natural strongman. Just a few tweaks and you can enter those PL meets
Maybe you are right, but bb life is so much more pleasing to me. The look is everything. Strength in the dungeon only means anything in the dungeon man. My father has placed high in local comps and I have yet to do a single one and he pushes me to do more and be better always. I feel like I owe him and my grandfather the deed of competing to my best ability.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Maybe you are right, but bb life is so much more pleasing to me. The look is everything. Strength in the dungeon only means anything in the dungeon man. My father has placed high in local comps and I have yet to do a single one and he pushes me to do more and be better always. I feel like I owe him and my grandfather the deed of competing to my best ability.
Yup join at least once and learn how to peak before going. That's all you need

IronAddiction

IronAddiction

Awards
  • Established
Obviously subbed as well goodvibes !

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Thx bros, I'm doing a lot of reading still. Like I said I'm a bodybuilder so I have to gauge how the 5x5 program fits my needs. I can probably add some more upperbody work on top.

3x a week of lifting sounds depressing AF.

IronAddiction

IronAddiction

Awards
  • Established
Thx bros, I'm doing a lot of reading still. Like I said I'm a bodybuilder so I have to gauge how the 5x5 program fits my needs. I can probably add some more upperbody work on top.

3x a week of lifting sounds depressing AF.
Yeah man it does, do 4x/week with accessory chest work. haha as some broscience says.....no pecs no sex absolute lolz

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Some embarrassing update, my sleep had been so deep that I lost control of my bladder, 2 nights in a row! I catch it so I only hve to change boxers but dang those dreams felt so real. And as mentioned my appetite is unreal.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Some embarrassing update, my sleep had been so deep that I lost control of my bladder, 2 nights in a row! I catch it so I only hve to change boxers but dang those dreams felt so real. And as mentioned my appetite is unreal.
Real men wear pull-ups:) lol. I've had that happen on cycle once. And after a night of hard partying!

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Real men wear pull-ups:) lol. I've had that happen on cycle once. And after a night of hard partying!
I dnt mind it too much, told my wife about it she jst laughed

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Did my first day today, already PRed..

205 x 5
225 x 5
225 x 5
245 x 5
245 x 5

I had more in me so I went and did lunges.

90lbs x 7 reps per leg x 4 sets

Barbell row

155 x 6
165 x 6
165 x 6
175 x 6
175 x 6

Abs leg raises & situps x 15-20 reps. I'll be doing a pure bench day tomorrow, I cnt do a 5x5 on my chest, there's no way it would be enough. I knw I said I will be ff this by the book but after reading, I'm only doing 5x5 for my legs

IronAddiction

IronAddiction

Awards
  • Established
Go heavier 5x5 :) include evil laugh.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have you considered going super heavy on the 5x5 and super setting each set with a lightweight super high rep burnout on flyes or some other chest variation? This way you'll get the strength benefits of 5x5 but still get the burning fatigue of high volume. Requires about 3-5 minutes rest between sets. I do this on 5x5 when I need to feel the volume pump.

Last edited:
rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm in this, very interested about MK-677.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Go heavier 5x5 :) include evil laugh.
Yes I'm upping nxt Monday +5-10lbs :)
Have you considered going super glues you on the 5x5 then super setting each set with a lightweight super high rep burnout on flyes or some other chest variation? This way you'll get the strength benefits of 5x5 but still get the burning fatigue of high volume. Requires about 3-5 minutes rest between sets. I do this on 5x5 when I need to feel the volume pump.
I have been doing some variant of 5x5/ low rep supersets. I'm doing low volume now so I can really bring up my numbers this time.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
I'm in this, very interested about MK-677.
Mk677 is insanely effective in bringing up my cal intake and sleep. I'm sure in a few months I should be able to see lbm increase. For now I'm between 170-171lbs.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Mk677 is insanely effective in bringing up my cal intake and sleep. I'm sure in a few months I should be able to see lbm increase. For now I'm between 170-171lbs.
The sleep, joint and tendon repair, and skin health is one of the main things I hope to see from it. It sure would beat the price of HGH and the frequent pins of peptides.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
The sleep, joint and tendon repair, and skin health is one of the main things I hope to see from it. It sure would beat the price of HGH and the frequent pins of peptides.
From 1 week of usage I've already seen significant results. It's worth it for me. I can stop buying other staples to make room for it.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
From 1 week of usage I've already seen significant results. It's worth it for me. I can stop buying other staples to make room for it.
It looks like an amazing product. I can't wait to try some out. These are great updates man, keep it up.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Day 9

DB bench

90lb DBs x 5
95lb DBs x 5
100lb DBs x 5
100lb DBs x 5
105lb DBs x 5 (PR at my current body weight)

Incline press

185 x 5
205 x 5
225 x 1 (felt uncomfortable so I had to reset)
225 x 5
225 x 5
245 x 5 (PR again for my current bodyweight)

Cable flyes upper pecs x 15 reps x 5 sets superset with pec deck.

For fun I dropped more incline work

Incline DB bench

85lb DBs x 12
80lb DBs x 12

Called it a day before I get carried away. I need some more in my tank for tomorrow. Heavy pull, 2nd leg day of the week. It should be my light day but I'm modifying it a bit.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Day 10 - Mid week leg / pull day

Deadlifts

245 x 5
245 x 5
275 x 5
275 x 5
315 x 5

Hammer rows (per hand)

185 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 5
225 x 5
235 x 5

Pullups body weight

12 reps for 3 sets

Close grip cable row

12 reps for 3 sets

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Day 11 - 3rd leg day of this 2nd week, medium work load of 85-90%, 2nd chest day of the week

Squats

205 x 5
205 x 5
225 x 5
225 x 5
225 x 5

205 x 8

BB bench - elbow had some discomfort but after 205s it felt better.

185 x 5
205 x 5
225 x 5
225 x 5
245 x 5

This is why I'm workin on legs/squats 3x/week. My bench cannot be stronger than my squats...

I'm starting to like this split, nxt week will be a true test of progress. Time to step out of the comfort zone. I'll also hit an extra shoulder/arm day tomorrow. I might skip military presses to save my front delts for Monday's chest day

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
I'll focus on traps, rear + medial deltoids, biceps and high volume tris tomorrow

IronAddiction

IronAddiction

Awards
  • Established
yea legs 3x a week will def catch them up, Beat the living crap out of them and recover like a king dude. You will do this! I believe in you brother. Push your mind.