Liger Log - Primeval Labs Super LGD

Doctoroctober

Doctoroctober

Awards
Super LGD Log, Day 0?

Firstly, thank you PrimalVP for including me in this promotion.

It’s day 0 with a question mark because I *think* it's coming in the mail today, so this is a pre-start kick-off.

20150703_182725 CROPPED (Custom) (Custom).jpg

ABOUT ME
Here’s a little background and history on my experience, if you’re interested. 38, married, 2 little girls, mega-project construction management in NYC, long work hours, never enough sleep. Damn healthy home cooked diet consisting of chicken, turkey, red meat, bacon, tons of fresh vegetables and hearty green salads, nuts, seeds, dairy, eggs, some fresh and dried fruit, berries, yams, any grains are whole and brown, processed junk foods virtually zero – all of this is just because that’s what I like and what I’m used to. Vices are 3-6 drinks a week, 420 0-3x/week, diet soda at most 3x/week, and that’s about it I think. Supplements right now are fish oil, Vitamin D, creatine, leucine with dinner, BCAAs pre-workout because I lift fully fasted, sesamin but I’m just running that bottle out, and whatever PWO is on sale (currently Alphamine). I’m just starting a bulk so I’m phasing out the thermos and EC.

I’m generously 5’-7” in the morning, around 146 on the scale, and somewhere between 8-12% BF based on BIA, calipers, and the mirror. I lifted and ate pretty unscientifically for a few years in my late late 20s early 30s and got pretty good results, but then did nothing and ate whatever I wanted from around 2008 till February of this year. February 1, disgusted with my dad bod, I started a leangains based cut, increasing my deficit down to a ridiculous and probably stupid 1200 calorie daily average until mid June. Then I’ve been sort of reverse dieting for the past 3 weeks, getting back to maintenance, slight surplus, and I finally switched to a true surplus as of yesterday, so this LGD couldn’t come at a better time. I threw an OL Ostar1ne cycle in during the cut, which is the entirety of my anabolic experience to date. Lifting has been 3x/week all along with zero cardio, starting as the “Big 3” from rippedbody.jp, then Strong Lifts 5x5 until I plateaued repeatedly on everything, then most recently a 2-working-set-per-exercise RPT split based on an AMA from reddit user 31minutes. I may be looking to try something higher volume now that I’m bulking though with the fasted training I do feel my tank runs dry pretty quickly. I may or may not stick with the intermittent fasting, macro partitioning, caloric cycling, fasted training etc... depending on how I feel and progress on this cycle. Honestly I like it all so much and it fits my lifestyle so well that I can see myself doing it for the rest of my life. My results from February 1 of this year to now have been a 15+lb loss on the scale, over 4 inches off my waist (entirely new wardrobe), and obviously strength gains.

THE PLAN
The current plan for this log and cycle is still lifting 3x/week, zero cardio, and hopefully increase my calories gradually without gaining too much body fat. I set my current targets like so:
Rest Days: Kcal=1,990 / P=146g / C=88g / F=117g
Lift Days: Kcal=2,190 / P=146g / C-301g / F=45g
I lift at around 5pm Mon, Tue, Thurs because that’s what my work schedule allows – I’d rather have a day between each lift but that’s what I got. Then I down a whey/milk/berry shake, dinner around 7pm, and after I put the girls to bed I do whatever while sliding some food down my gullet and logging everything in MFP from around 9pm-11pm and that’s the last time I eat until shake or dinner the next night. I “cheat” occasionally on weekends by actually eating a breakfast or lunch, but I’ve been doing less and less of that – but if it’s a social thing like going out for a meal then just about anything goes.

Latest lifts of note are as follows:
Barbell Bench Press: 205x4, 200x5
Barbell Back Squat Deep(ish): 230x6
Barbell Deadlift: 300x3, 295x5
Barbell Standing Shoulder Press: 135x5, 120x6
Barbell Incline Bench Press: 165x4, 150x5
Barbell Curl: 90x5, 80x4
Triceps Dips: 90+BWx7
Close Grip Chin Up: 55+BWx6
Shoulder Width Pull Up: BW+52.9x7 (converted from kilos), BW+45x6

Routine is currently:
Day 1: Legs and Abs
Squat, weighted decline crunch (or something similar), calf raises, dumbbell side bends at 120Lbs (heaviest the gym's got), leg curls, and occasionally leg press or leg extension and maybe a 3rd ab set of something
Day 2: Back and Shoulders
Deadlift, military press, weighted pull ups, arnold press, t-bar row, and sometimes face pulls and weighted close grip chin ups
Day 3: Chest and Arms
Bench press, barbell curls, weighted dips, machine flys, triceps push downs, barbell or dumbbell incline press, and occasional wrist rollers

I haven't read too many logs (I guess I will, but I haven't yet), so without much research I plan to log 5-7x/week or at the very least every lifting day, reporting on body comp changes, body measurement changes, LGD and other supplement dosing, nutrition, strength changes, any sides, and general feelings if relevant. Oh and pre and progress pics.

FEEDBACK
So before I start I welcome any suggestions or feedback on my plan. And definitely any suggestions for how to dose the LGD and what I might need to have on hand as far as AIs, SERM, PCT, etc.... right or wrong I'm terrified of gyno. Nutraplanet had a big July 4th sale, so I grabbed some Str3ngth, Elim1nate, and Ostar1ne in case any of those might be useful, but at the moment I'm planning to run the LGD solo.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Here !

Doctoroctober

Doctoroctober

Awards
Alrighty, bottle showed up by US mail on a Sunday, go figure. It's past my bedtime so I'm keeping it super brief, but I'll provide a better first day update tomorrow.

The brief: dosed 5mg, hit legs and abs an hour later, workout was normal as I expected.

Preliminary thoughts: I got a scintillating scotoma about half an hour after I dosed. I would bet good money that it's unrelated to the lgd because I get those around once a week anyway with no identifiable trigger. Wasn't a particularly bad one, and it started fading almost immediately street I started lifting.

Prickly hot feelings post workout for a few hours, but it's kinda hot here anyway AND I washed the lgd down with a scoop of Albutarex Femme that I got on sale for $0.99 from NutraPlanet and that stuff is notoriously sketchy anyway.

So at this point I'd say no definite sides or effects on Day 1.

If anyone had feedback or suggestions, by all means bring it.

More tomorrow.

Nighty night.

bigguyn10ec

bigguyn10ec

Awards
  • Established
Great detail so far. Really interested in this stuff.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Homie that is a jacked 146lbs you in single digit bf for sure. Ok everyone see what a difference low bf% I bet most would never guess he weighs under 150lbs from pic

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Np honestly besides us bigorexia people your physique is more what alot of people are looking for

Doctoroctober

Doctoroctober

Awards
Day 2 – Monday, July 13, 2015

Took 5mg first thing in the morning, worked all day eating nothing but black coffee and green tea, took another 5mg 30min pre-workout with 10mg BCAAs and 1 scoop Albutarex Femme and 5mg creatine mono.

Back and Shoulders Workout
(only working sets listed, asterisks indicate PR)
Barbell Deadlift 300x3*, 270x5
Barbell Standing Military Press 140x5*, 125x6
Weighted Pull Ups 60x5*
Weighted Chin Ups 60x5 PR
Weighted Pull Ups 50x2 (not enough rest between sets?)
Weighted Chin Ups 50x4
Bodyweight Chin Ups 10x
Dumbbell Arnold Press 60x6*, 55x8
T Bar Lying Row 130x7*, 120x8
Workout Duration 50mins

So the workout felt good, nothing exceptional, but I did hit a few PRs so there’s that... But since I’m still pretty new to this round of lifting I tend to hit a few PRs almost every week. What I did find was that I had either the chemically enhanced strength OR the placebically bolstered motivation to grind out an extra rep where I might normally have stopped. I really wanted to hit 4 reps of 300 on the deadlift, but it just wasn’t going to happen. Grip might have been a factor. On the military press though, pre-LGD, I think I would have quit about 10% into my fifth rep at 140. This time though, I kept going for it, and even though it probably took 15 seconds to get that final pause-press-pause-press-pause-press rep, I was able to push it up and lock it out. Ditto for the weighted pull ups and the T bar row.

Sides: nothing definite. Possibly some more itchy hotness in the evening all the way from workout to bedtime, but there are some confounds like my PWO drink, the 50lb backpack I was schlepping around, and the 2 pints of Harpoon I downed at a work dinner immediately after the gym. Also some nipple tenderness and this sort of head blood pumping feeling I used to get when I skipped my prescribed Celexa (SSRI), but I’m not putting much stock in any of that being LGD related at this point, and it’s all pretty mild and ignorable anyway.

No crazy pumps or vascularity beyond my baseline.

Scale said something about 150LBs this morning, so theoretically I’m up 4 LBs in 2 days, but I’m going to chalk up all 4 LBs to water or and outstanding toilet balance. I didn’t track calories or macros well yesterday since I ate my first dinner out, but I’d say it was somewhere around 2300 which is a bit higher than I had planned but nothing to lose sleep over.

I need to go back and edit Day 1 at some point too, since it was pretty sparse on the workout details.

gagandugan

gagandugan

Awards
  • Established
Looking great man, LGD should give good results. Sub'd.

Save OL Str3ngth for PCT, SERM if you can for 3-4 weeks. The risk of gyno is really minimal with Ligandrol IMO, but you could include some BLR Letrone on cycle for example. It would not hurt.

BTW, if you go back to your StrongLifts after the cycle, you will be able to move up. If not 5X5, then 3X5 weights will go up for sure. I just love full body workouts.

Doctoroctober

Doctoroctober

Awards
Awesome gagandugan, I'll look into the Letrone, and I'm definitely considering some kind of full body workout for my next program.

Doctoroctober

Doctoroctober

Awards
Anyone have any thoughts on thermogenics and EC on cycle? I love the energy, and I'm an admitted stim junkie, but is it counter productive to the gainz?

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
With as lean as you are it might be counterproductive to mass gains

Doctoroctober

Doctoroctober

Awards
Day 3 - Tuesday, July 14, 2015

5mg LGD this morning, and I'd have to say I'm feeling generally more swole in the upper body as I walk around.

All day fast as usual.

5mg 30 min pre workout with 10g BCAAs

The Workout
(Asterisks are for PRs)

Barbell Bench Press::: Set 1 : 205.0x6* /// Set 2 : 185.0x6
Barbell Curl::: Set 1 : 85.0x5 /// Set 2 : 75.0x5
Weighted Tricep Dips::: Set 1 : 88.0x7 /// Set 2 : 79.2x5 (converted from kilos)
Machine Fly::: Set 1 : 170.0x8* /// Set 2 : 150.0x10
Dumbbell Incline Bench Press::: Set 1 : 65.0x3 /// Set 2 : 55.0x7
Cable Triceps Pushdown::: Set 1 : 100.0x14* /// Set 2 : 90.0x18
Duration 53 minutes

Bench press felt awesome. Really wanted 185x7 but had to rerack on the lower hooks. Also wanted to feel stronger on the db incline bench, so maybe I shouldn't have done that right after flyes.

Possible lethargy sides when I stop moving. Will monitor and report if it persists.

Doctoroctober

Doctoroctober

Awards
I was all pumped after my workout, but then I ate a huge dinner before I selfied, so, a bit swole and a lot bloated. Is that some new chest vascularity? Thanks LGD!

Attachments

Doctoroctober

Doctoroctober

Awards
Updated yesterday's workout. Hard time getting out of bed this morning after a good night's sleep, and feeling a noticeably lethargic today. Hmmm...

Took 5mg first thing this morning, and today will be a rest day. Should I keep it up and take another 5mg in the afternoon?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Looking great man....and I like your sparkly shoe's behind you, I bet you look good in them!

PRIMEVALVP

PRIMEVALVP

Board Sponsor
Awards
Thanks doc great log we will follow your progress

Doctoroctober

Doctoroctober

Awards
Day 4 – July 15, 2015

Rest Day. Had a hard time getting up in the morning and felt some lethargy on and off during the day and evening, mostly when I stopped moving or doing something active for more than a few minutes, like when I was driving to and from work. The morning fog was mostly mitigated by an extra cup of coffee, and then a vivarin mid-day. Normally I don’t need that much caffeine – I get tons of caffeine anyway because I like it, I just don’t usually feel tired without it.

5mg first thing in the morning, and then 5mg about an hour or so before bed. I would have taken the 2nd dose of 5mg in the afternoon to stay consistent but I forgot to bring it with me to work and forgot to take it when I got home.

Shortly after taking the night dose, I started feeling this head-pump feeling which lasted about an hour at least, and felt similar to SSRI withdrawal. Maybe not coincidentally, I went off my SSRIs a couple weeks ago, so maybe the LGD is somehow affecting my serotonin levels?

No other sides to report.

Upper body felt pretty pumped most of the day from the chest and arms workout the day before, but that faded as the day progressed.

Day 5 – July 16, 2015

Leg Day today. I’ll report on the workout after it happens.

Same situation with the early morning lethargy, but I’m pretty sure it faded quicker and without copious caffeine this morning. Not feeling particularly pumped or swole today, probably because I didn’t lift yesterday, but my muscles feel pretty hard.

5mg first thing, fasting all day, and I’ve got 5mg with me for PWO.

Not sure if I’m imagining this but I think my triceps have popped out a bit. If so, I’ll take it!

In other news, the boys are alright and libido seems normal.

I’m on vacation all next week and won’t have access to my normal gym chain, and if it weren’t for having just started this cycle I might have just taken the week off of lifting, but I really don’t want to stop progressing so I’ve got 2 plans to keep things moving along. Plan A: I’ve never done anything TRX-like but I went ahead and ordered a similar system from Amazon – WOSS – and my plan is to mess around hanging them off playground structures, basketball hoops, door frames, tree limbs, etc... and see if I can get a good burn with just bodyweight and suspension. Plan B: I found a local gym near where I’m vacationing that claims they have plenty of free weights and offers day or week passes. Couldn’t find any reviews or pictures of the gym, but I figure I’ll check it out and squeeze a few workouts in there if it seems worthwhile. And I may do both Plans A and B.

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
Enjoy the vacation man, don't think to much about it, where are you going ?

Doctoroctober

Doctoroctober

Awards
Day 5 - July 16, 2015

(asterisks for PRs)
Leg Press::: Set 1 : 320.0x5*, Set 2 : 290.0x6 (inclined sled style leg press)
Dumbbell Side Bend::: Set 1 : 120.0x11*, Set 2 : 105.0x12
Lying Leg Curls::: Set 1 : 140.0x5*, Set 2 : 125.0x7
Standing Calf Raises::: Set 1 : 360.0x14*, Set 2 : 325.0x15
Weight Plate Decline Crunch::: Set 1 : 50.0x9*, Set 2 : 45.0x7
Leg Extensions::: Set 1 : 170.0x12*, Set 2 : 150.0x14
Hanging Rotated Knee Raise::: 24 Set 1 : 24, Set 2 : 24
Duration: 56 minutes

So first of all that's PRs on every single exercise except the knee raises, which, whatever. Everything felt pretty good, nothing crazy, except for leg extensions which for some reason made me feel like a beast. Just felt so strong on them, and could have kept going and only stopped because I needed to get home. Actually felt pretty strong on the crunches too, and got an attaboy look from some guy who was up next on the decline bench.

I would have liked to have started with barbell squats instead of leg press, but there were too many dbags occupying the cages doing stupid sh*t and I didn't feel like interacting with them.

Gonnna post a pic and the next 2 days stuff shortly.
Progress Pics: http://imgur.com/a/dKIym

bobsaget2191

bobsaget2191

Awards
nice pr's bro impressive and looking good man

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Looking Lean !

NewAgeMayan

Awards
hmmm, possible lethargy is what im worried about when i run lgd. Was really hoping Id be able to do a run solo just like you, but now Im thinking I might have to have some 4-andro available in the unfortunate scenario of requiring some sort of test base.

Doctoroctober

Doctoroctober

Awards
hmmm, possible lethargy is what im worried about when i run lgd. Was really hoping Id be able to do a run solo just like you, but now Im thinking I might have to have some 4-andro available in the unfortunate scenario of requiring some sort of test base.
Fwiw I think the lethargy is gone...

warrior737

Awards
Starting this same product tomorrow. Going to run dermicrine if lethargic. Although I'm not anticipating to be. Everything I read seems legit and I'm excited to see what lgd has to offer.

machwon04

Awards
  • Established
How's the scale looking? Clothes fitting any tighter yet?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Silly question, what causes a person to become lethargic on some of these compounds ???

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Silly question, what causes a person to become lethargic on some of these compounds ???
I think its the drop in testosterone levels, hence the general recommendation to add in a compound (such as 4-andro) to compensate.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think its the drop in testosterone levels, hence the general recommendation to add in a compound (such as 4-andro) to compensate.
Thank you!

Doctoroctober

Doctoroctober

Awards
Days 6-8 - July 17-19, 2015

Rest days, on vacation, and a wedding weekend. Diet has been terrible these past few days, including plenty of booze and eating basically anything and everything. I feel fat. Still keeping up the 10mg/day. Hardly staying on top of my creatine, fish oil, etc...

Very occasional feelings of lethargy, fairly fleeting, and easily modulated by a single caffeine tablet.

Doctoroctober

Doctoroctober

Awards
Day 9 - July 20, 2015

On vacation, but I got a day pass to a local gym. Intended to start with deadlift but there was some amateur powerlifter who spent pretty much a full hour on the only free barbell. Worked out just before lunchtime, which is super atypical for me. Pre-workout was 10mg LGD, 10g BCAAs, 2 cups coffee, 1 scoop Albutarex Femme, 5mg Creatine Mono, and 1 Muscle Milk snack bar (crazy, I didn't work out fasted for a change). I was all fired up before I got to the gym and fully intended to crush every single exercise but in the end I didn't feel all that crushy at all. For example, on the DB shoulder press, I wanted to put up 65s since my last workout was with 60s. But the 65s were taken so I figured I'd at least crank out one extra rep on the 60s. Nope. No such luck. Struggled actually, and second set sucked. Bent over rows were a PR, barely, but I haven't done those since May. I also intended to stay for maybe 90 minutes, but after 55 I had almost nothing left. I'm really itching for this stuff to turn on my beast mode.

(work sets only. asterisks for PRs)
Dumbbell Arnold Press::: Set 1 : 60.0x6, Set 2 : 55.0x3
Weighted Pull Ups::: Set 1 : BW+65.0x4*, Set 2 : BW+55.0x4
Hammer Grip Pull Up::: Set 1 : BW+50.0x5
Barbell Bent Over Row::: Set 1 : 155.0x7*, Set 2 : 140.0x9
Cable Rope Face Pull::: Set 1 : 50.0x12, Set 2 : 45.0x18
T Bar Lying Row::: Set 1 : 105.0x8, Set 2 : 95.0x9
Barbell Standing Military Press::: Set 1 : 125.0x5, Set 2 : 110.0x6
Workout Duration: 55 minutes

Doctoroctober

Doctoroctober

Awards
Day 10 - July 21, 2015

Vacation. Strongly considered hitting the gym this afternoon, but decided to drink beers by the pool while my kids napped instead.

10mg LGD this morning. Probably nothing else to report, except that maybe my balls feel a little shrinkier. Or is that the pool?

Doctoroctober

Doctoroctober

Awards
Guess I should look into this 4-A stuff? I actually have no idea what it is. Oral? Guess I have some googling to do.

Doctoroctober

Doctoroctober

Awards
How's the scale looking? Clothes fitting any tighter yet?
The other day, Day 7 Thursday I think, I was up 1 solid pound on the scale to 147. Not really feeling any bigger. Possibly a slight popping out of the triceps. Now though, after a few days of sh*t diet, I feel fatter. Can't blame the LGD for that. This morning wifey said my arms look bigger.

Doctoroctober

Doctoroctober

Awards
Starting this same product tomorrow. Going to run dermicrine if lethargic. Although I'm not anticipating to be. Everything I read seems legit and I'm excited to see what lgd has to offer.
Dermicrine. Another thing to add to my to-google list.

warrior737

Awards
I am starting my lgd log today. Hoping lethargy is nothing like sd.

Doctoroctober

Doctoroctober

Awards
Day 11 - July 22, 2015

10mg LGD first thing in the morning with a big carb and protein heavy breakfast. Figured maybe a big meal would power me through my workout. Hit the gym about 2 hours later.

Dumbbell Bench Pres::: Set 1 : 60.0x8 (warm-up while I waited for the bench to free up)
Barbell Bench Press::: Set 1 : 205.0x6, Set 2 : 185.0x6
Barbell Curl::: Set 1 : 90.0x4, Set 2 : 80.0x6
Weighted Tricep Dips::: Set 1 : 90.0x7, Set 2 : 80.0x6
Barbell Incline Bench Press::: Set 1 : 135.0x12, Set 2 : 120.0x13
Cable Triceps Pushdown::: Set 1 : 60.0x18, Set 2 : 50.0x22 (not sure about the weights on this machine)
Machine Fly::: Set 1 : 90.0x10, Set 2 : 80.0x14
Wrist Roller::: Set 1 : 15.0x3 (3 reps being 3 rolling forward and 3 rolling backward)

Sadly, no PRs today. Also I really wanted 205 on the bench to feel light, but it didn't. In fact the warmup felt heavy - I would have gone for more than 205 if the warmup felt great but alas....

Still getting occasional bouts of lethargy - bummer. Not terrible, and not too long lasting, but definitely there.

Ate a HUGE lunch afterwards and felt super fat all day.

More to follow on today's post.

Doctoroctober

Doctoroctober

Awards
Day 12 - July 23, 2015

Let's just get this one out there right away - still some lethargy. Okay, that's the sides report.

Felt so bloated and fat yesterday so I barely ate today to offset it. Might go on a 1 week mini-cut next week to atone for my vacation sins.

Kinda feel like my pecs might have popped a bit, so that's a good thing. Generally I'm having a good feeling of muscle fullness, but nothing profound.

Also I think I'm done working out for the week. I'm on vacation still, and $30 per workout for guest passes at the gym is steep. Sunday I'll be back home so maybe I'll hit the gym for an extra session to make up for missing on on vacation. Tomorrow's also my 16 year wedding anniversary, and Saturday we're driving back home, so I don't really think I'm going to fit in any more gym sessions.

Wish I had something more exciting to report. How about some optimism? Here's looking forward to getting back on my regular routine next week (be it cut, bulk, or maintenance), and truly CRUSHING everything at the gym.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
If the lethargy set in just prior to going to the gym, or whilst there, do you think it would be a session-ruiner? Or is it easily surmountable?