Primeval Labs 1 Andro Max Log

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What's up AM!!? This is my first sponsored log and also first log in general. I will be running 1 Andro Max by Primeval Labs. Thanks to primevalceo and PRIMEVALVP for this opportunity. My goal with this run is to gain strength and lean recomp. I will test my most recent 1RM's and other PR's at the end of this run.

During this run I will be using 1andro at 2 caps per day for 30 days. I will run my staples:
Dymatize Elite XT Protein
Generic Fish and Flax oils
SNS Cissus XT
Ergonine
Orange Triad

Diet: IIFYM

Beginning stats:
Sex: Male
Training background:16 years of resistance training
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 213 (upon waking)
LBM: 15-16%(calipers)

Current Lift stats (recorded last month)(current 1rm's)
Squat: 465(w knees wrapped/to parallel)
Deadlift: 315
Bench Press: 295

Other PR's I will attempt to beat:

Squat: 315 x 15
Dumbbell bench Press: 100lb Dumbbells 1 x 20
Seated Dumbell Press: 100lb Dumbbells 1 x 5

Heading into week 5 of Layne Norton's Power and Hypertrophy training. Continue eating at maintenance.

Note: will be using 1 Andro Max solo. Will be bridging into another cycle which is TBD. I May add 4 Andro during week 2 if I experience lethargy. Any advice, insight, or encouragement is always appreciated. Log begins tomorrow so sub in if you'd like to follow. I will update at least 4 times per week. Thanks.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
image.jpg

Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings Per Container: 60
Amount per Serving:
1-Andro-65 mg
6,7 dihydroxybergamottin-15 mg

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Also forgot to note that before/after pics will be posted as well as maybe a video of some 1RM attempts if I can figure out how to do that from my IPhone.

Last edited:
yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And first. Gold star! You win a prize! Lol. Welcome bro.
Looking forward to seeing that 1rm squat! Impressive to say the least

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks squats are my genetically gifted lift. It's taken two full years to recover from a full ACL rupture and get my strength back. Squatting 2-3 times per week for past year. Prior to injury 1RM was 405. It will be very tough to beat as it was very recent and I barely hit it. I think bench and deadlift will be easier to PR as they've been higher before. But I'm gonna give em all hell.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I went to the gym last night for Day 1 Heavy power day for chest/back/shoulders/traps. Ended up calling it quits while warming up. Had a sharp pain in the armpit area when benching. Felt like a muscle strain and didn't wanna tear a pec. This training body parts twice a week is taking its toll on my body coupled with poor sleep lately. Taking today off too. Gonna hit the sack early hopefully but I have a hard time getting myself in bed. I've always been a night owl. Gonna start Day 1 over again on Monday. Skipped starting the 1 Andro until tomorrow. Will do some foam rolling and ice/heat tonight also. If it doesn't feel right after Monday I'll go back to my regular training split/single muscle group 1x per week.

Last edited:
Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Update: pec/armpit tendon area is still sore and tight. Gonna continue stretching/rolling and ice therapy one more day. Gonna switch Day 1 workout (heavy chest/back/delts/traps) with day 2. So heavy squats today. Gym at 4 pm today. Will post workout this evening. Also started 1 Andro this morning. 1 cap with breakfast at 6am. Will take 2nd at 3pm.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Subbed, will be running my log soon too. Excited to see how 1andro treats you standalone.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 1
1 cap AM
1 cap 1 hr PWO

Hit gym at 4pm
10 minute jog @ 5 on treadmill.
Squat:
5 x 315
5 x 335
5 x 355
4 x 365
3 x 365
Straight Leg Deadlift:
5 x 135
5 x 155
5 x 175
4 x 195
4 x 195
Standing Calf Raises:
8 x 135
8 x 155
8 x 175
8 x 205
8 x 225
8 x 235
6 x 245
6 x 255
Pretty good leg day. The stairway for the gym is about 30 steps and my legs wanted to buckle. Always a good sign IMO. Nothing to note yet other than the placebo effect. I always tend to go extra hard on the first day of something new. Also I usually crap out on calf raises around set 6 or stop raising the weight earlier. Left knee was throbbing a little warming up but that's common for me. Felt good and tight while squatting though. Chest is still sore. Gonna attempt chest again tomorrow. Hopefully the extra rest will pay off. Seriously don't know if my shoulders can handle two days a week anymore. We'll see...

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah! Sub'd!!!

1) take the andro with your fish/flax oils, they'll aid in absorption

2) buy more bottle(s) and extend cycle - 1Andro can put on some mass!!

primevalceo

Board Sponsor
Awards
DAY 1
1 cap AM
1 cap 1 hr PWO

Hit gym at 4pm
Squat:
5 x 315
5 x 335
5 x 355
4 x 365
3 x 365
Straight Leg Deadlift:
5 x 135
5 x 155
5 x 175
4 x 195
4 x 195
Standing Calf Raises:
8 x 135
8 x 155
8 x 175
8 x 205
8 x 225
8 x 235
6 x 245
6 x 255
Pretty good leg day. The stairway for the gym is about 30 steps and my legs wanted to buckle. Always a good sign IMO. Nothing to note yet other than the placebo effect. I always tend to go extra hard on the first day of something new. Also I usually crap out on calf raises around set 6 or stop raising the eight earlier. Left knee was throbbing a little warming up but that's common for me. Felt good and tight while squatting though. Chest is still sore. Gonna attempt chest again tomorrow. Hopefully the extra rest will pay off. Seriously don't know if my shoulders can handle two days a week anymore. We'll see...
Killing it great job

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 2

Dosed 1 Andro 6 am and 4 pm 1 hour preworkout.

I had to scrap heavy bench day yet again due to pain/tightness in the armpit area. Instead did a modified heavy shoulder day. No problems whatsoever with the vertical pressing. Front raises caused minor discomfort so I only did two light sets, then burnout on rear delts.
Seated Dumbell shoulder Press:
55 x 15
65 x 12
75 x 12
85 x 9
90 x 8
100 x 5
100 x 5
Front Raises:
20 x 15
25 x 10
Bent over rear Delt Raises:
Triple dropsets x 2
20x 60->15 x 30->10 x 10
25 x 60->20x 30->15 x 10
Dropsets were so painful but in a good way! Felt great all day. Was pumped to hit the gym but it slowed my roll when I had to skip benching. Anyway, shoulders felt strong with no pain. Had a nice pump by the time I left. Cleaned up the diet a lot over the weekend while not working out and arms were a little more vascular early in the day. Had some ravenous hunger late in the afternoon when I usually don't so I fed the beast. That's about it. Weight is holding at 213-215 so far.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 3

1 cap 6 am and 1 4pm.

Today is a rest day. Tomorrow starts 3 days of Hypertrophy training beginning with chest and shoulders. Fingers crossed but it feels like soreness/pain is fading.
As far as the 1 Andro, my mood and energy feel great. No negative sides or strength/physical changes to note. Appetite does seem a little elevated again. Seem to be getting that gnawing hunger about an hour or two sooner than normal. No idea if this is related but it is a change.

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is your axilla feeling better?

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is that the armpit area? Lol. If so its starting to feel better. Feels like a minor strain now. Chest and shoulders will probably benefit from the time off.

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You nailed it.... good to hear man!

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 4

1 cap 6 am. 2nd cap 6 pm.

Chest/Arms hypertrophy day. Hit the gym @ 7 pm. Worked late but energy level was good.
Dumbbell Incline Bench:
90's x 12
100's x 12
100's x 12
Close Grip Bench Press:
135 x 12
175 x 12
205 x 12
Dumbbell Flat Bench:
100'sx 12
100's x 12
Preacher Curls superset w French press
75 x 12/75 x 12
95 x 10/ 95 x 9
95 x 8/ 95 x 8
Pushdowns supersetted w Dumbell Hammer Curls:
50 x 12/35's x 12
60 x 12/40's x 12
75 x 12/40's x 10
Cable Crossover/ Machine Curl/Dips
55 x12/105 x 12/12
65 x 12/120 x 12/12

Chest was tight but loosened up quickly during warm ups. No pain Today! Got a huge pump tonight. Probably combination of the 1 andro and 5 days of no chest exercises. Endurance felt great for having a layoff. Overall no physical changes noticed yet. Weight is still static. Mood is great and so is energy and endurance.

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Jebrook - explain your avatar

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
image.jpg

It was the only thing on my phone that didn't have to be resized! Lol. Coincidentally enough it fits as I have hit this achievement many times in my life. Lol.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
image.jpg

Couple pics of me and my workout partner(son). He goes with me everyday. He actually gives it hell for about fifteen minutes which is like two hours for a four year old. He likes deadlifts and yells "I'm the hulk!" When he locks it out. My daughter only lifts her tablet. Lol. Starting 'em young.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My kid is only 2 and a half and loves to do cardio workouts with his mother. I will have him lifting soon I hope

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A family that works out together is a happy and healthy one. We all go too. My wife went through a cross fit phase. It was a rough time but thanks to counseling I have my wife back and we all hit the gym together. Lol

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
Sorry guys!! I was working out. The app is called PhotoGrid. It's a collage app, but has the option to use a single photo as well....use that option. Once you've chosen your pic & hit save the app gives you resolution options to save it as. The lowest is 720x720 & it doesn't distort the pics like straight cropping does!! I hope this helps!!

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Worked late yesterday and hit the gym very late. Here is yesterday's workout. Today's will be legs/calves hyper trophy. I will post it this evening.

Day 5 Hypertrophy Back/shoulders/traps:

Dbell shoulder press superset w dbell front raise:
75's x 12/15's x 1
85's x 10/ 20's x 12
85's x 8/25's x 12

Dbell 1 arm row superset w Arnold Press:
75's x 15/35's x 12
85's x 12/ 40's x 10
100's x 8/50's x 8

Lat Pull(wide grip) superset w dbell shrugs:
190 x 12/100x 15
200 x 10/100 x 15

Lat Pull (close grip palms in) superset w Upright row:
150 x 10/135 x 12
170 x 8/ 135 x 8
Tbar Row:
175 x 12
205 x 12
225 x 9
I was dead after my workout last night. Had to force myself to do last exercise. Mostly due to late workout time. Usually go in the afternoon. Energy was good all day. Weight is up 1 lb. had huge meal after gym and bed an hour later. Woke up very full and vascular due to that. Back to normal schedule today. Appetite is also healthy and no side effects. Strength is better endurance wise but no PR increases so far.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 6-Leg Hypertrophy

1 cap 6 am 1 @ 4pm

Hack Squat superset w
Standing Calf Raises:
140 x 12/135 x 15
180 x 12/175 x 15
230 x 12/185 x 15
250 x 12/205 x 12
270 x 12/225 x 12

Lying Leg Press superset w
Seated Leg Curls superset w
Seated Calf Raise
400 x 15/90 x 15/50 x 12
490 x 15/100 x 15/70 x 12
580 x 15/110 x 12/90 x 10
670 x 15/120 x 10/90 x 8
760 x 15/130 x 8/90 x 8

Very draining leg day. Calves were pumped and painful. Much better pump than normal. Weight felt light enough, but the gym ac is broke so I was sweating profusely and fatigued very quickly. Had to take almost 3 minute rests between supersets. Usually only 60-90 seconds on hyper days. Vascularity in forearms is improving a lot. Can't see em cause of tattoos but can feel em starting to crinkle again. I like that! No weight change today. Only noticing improved pumps and vascularity thus far. No real strength change except maybe a couple reps early on.

Got called in to work overnight for an emergency. Will only get a couple hour nap and will be going until 8am. Gonna be up for about 28 hours. Not good for gains but that's life. Tomorrow is a rest day thankfully.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
I cnt work that long. Are you in the medical field as well? Get that rest man, I'd be out after getting home from that shift

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 7

Rest day

1 cap 8 am 1 cap 4 pm

Since 6 am Yesterday I've only had 5 hours total sleep 1-2 hours at a time. Feel pretty good after an afternoon nap. Gonna hit the gym at normal time for some light cardio. Tomorrow is upper body heavy power day.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 8

1 cap 8 am 1 cap 7 pm

Heavy Power Day: Chest/back/shoulders/traps
Bench Press:
265 x 5
275 x 4
275 x 3
Pendlay Row:
135 x 5
155 x 5
175 x 5
205 x 5
205 x 4
Military Press:
135 x 5
155 x 5
175 x 5
205 x 4
205 x 3
Barbell Shrug:
225 x 5
275 x 5
295 x 5
315 x 3
315 x 3

Late workout tonight but I had plenty of energy. I warmed up extra before benching heavy. I still had to cut it short due to pain in the left pectoral axilla area again. It got pretty intense so still not healed. Think I'm gonna cut out the heavy bench pressing for a couple weeks and sub in 200 push-ups on heavy chest days and keep the hypertrophy days. This sucks. Everything else felt great but I hate training around an injury.

Canes325

Awards
  • Established
Day 8

1 cap 8 am 1 cap 7 pm

Heavy Power Day: Chest/back/shoulders/traps
Bench Press:
265 x 5
275 x 4
275 x 3
Pendlay Row:
135 x 5
155 x 5
175 x 5
205 x 5
205 x 4
Military Press:
135 x 5
155 x 5
175 x 5
205 x 4
205 x 3
Barbell Shrug:
225 x 5
275 x 5
295 x 5
315 x 3
315 x 3

Late workout tonight but I had plenty of energy. I warmed up extra before benching heavy. I still had to cut it short due to pain in the left pectoral axilla area again. It got pretty intense so still not healed. Think I'm gonna cut out the heavy bench pressing for a couple weeks and sub in 200 push-ups on heavy chest days and keep the hypertrophy days. This sucks. Everything else felt great but I hate training around an injury.
Good work bro. Tell me about it I tweaked my rotator and two weeks of zero upper body and it's still hurts anytime I try to do anything to test it out. I've thought about trying to work around it but fear delaying the healing further.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 9-Legs Heavy Power Day

1 cap 7am 1 cap 5 pm

Hit gym at 6 pm
Squat:
5 x 335
5 x 355
5 x 355
5 x 365
3 x 375
Straight Leg Deadlift:
5 x 155
5 x 175
5 x 175
5 x 195
5 x 205
Standing Calf Raises:
8 x 175
8 x 205
8 x 225
8 x 235
5 x 255

Another good heavy leg day! Felt strong. Upped the weights faster this week and hit my reps on almost every set. Not a crazy jump but notable. I did crap out at the end. Only six sets of standing calf raises. Still feeling good energy through the day. Hardness and vascularity still improved.

primevalceo

Board Sponsor
Awards
Thanks for the very detailed log thus far Jebrook.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 10

1 cap 8 am 1 6 pm

image.jpg

Yep. ^^^this is what today feels like for sure. Thankfully it's my rest day.
Tomorrow is upper body hypertrophy. Weight is up another lb. this morning. Energy levels great. No negative side effects to date.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 11

1 cap 7am. 2nd cap 4 pm.

Chest/Arms hypertrophy day. Hit the gym @ 5pm.
Dumbbell Incline Bench:
135 x 12
135 x 12
135 x 12
135 x 12
135 x 12
135 x 12
135 x 12
135 x 12
Dumbell alternating curls superset w Rope pushdowns
55x 12/85x 12
60x 12/95 x 12
65 x 12/95 x 12
Pushdowns supersetted w Dumbell Hammer Curls:
50 x 12/40 x 12
60 x 12/45 x 12
75 x 12/50 x 12
Cable Crossover/ Machine Curl/Dips
45x12/140x12/0
45x12/150x12/0

Upper pec and shoulder on my left side are hurting again. I dropped the weights very low and tried to stretch it out after warming up very thoroughly. I stuck with inclines as they felt less stressful and cut out the dips. I don't think it's a pull or strain. Pretty sure it's something bad inside the shoulder. My bench has been decreasing slowly the past few years due to the shoulder. The strength is there but the joint isn't up to it. I've tried all the therapeutic fixes I can think of. I made an appt. with the ortho today for the 18th. Until then I'll just train around the pain and focus on lean mass and strength on the other lifts. Hopefully I'll get good news from the doc. At this point I'm ready for surgery or anything that will stop this pain and strength decay:(

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn, that sucks. Hopefully it's something minor.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn, that sucks. Hopefully it's something minor.
Yeah I hope buddy. Been struggling with it for quite a while. Enough is enough. Started when I was recovering from knee surgery. Comes and goes but never goes away completely. Family doc wasn't concerned but it's time for a 2nd opinion.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah I hope buddy. Been struggling with it for quite a while. Enough is enough. Started when I was recovering from knee surgery. Comes and goes but never goes away completely. Family doc wasn't concerned but it's time for a 2nd opinion.
A second opinion is a good idea, as long as he doesn't suggest cortisone shots. A sports medicine doctor should be able to find and address the underlying cause. Good luck with it homie, I know how bad injuries suck