Expert Cycle Poll

sourinthemind

Awards
This is a question directed to those who are really in a more elite circle of Bodybuilding development. What I mean by this, is those bb's that are at a National level/pro level of physique development.

What dosage level seems to produce the highest level of gains at your level of development? And what are your favorite off-season cycles? I will just assume a year-around usage pattern. Thanks bros.:cheers:

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Bump for those pro responses, Im interested too

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
i don't think we have many (if any) national or pro level competitors here ... professionalmuscle may help you out more with your question ... we are a simple folk lol

from what i've gathered anecdotally and from talking with them, however, many stay on all year .. run test in the gram to 2 grams a week range for say 16-20 weeks then will cruise at around 250 for 4 weeks ... while bulking they will run either deca or eq in the 600-800mg range while cycling on and off dbol or drol 6 on 6 off ... gh on all the time as well as slin, igf-1 on for 4 off for 4, once dieting starts they'll switch to tren and about 4 weeks out switch to suspension 2 times a day and masteron and cut the test and all oils a week out having started winny 6 weeks out and halo the last 2 weeks along with copious amounts of AIs (aromasin or adex)

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Uhh I don't think that there are pros of any kind on AM. Like Glen said we're simple folk around these parts.

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
i don't think we have many (if any) national or pro level competitors here ... professionalmuscle may help you out more with your question ... we are a simple folk lol

from what i've gathered anecdotally and from talking with them, however, many stay on all year .. run test in the gram to 2 grams a week range for say 16-20 weeks then will cruise at around 250 for 4 weeks ... while bulking they will run either deca or eq in the 600-800mg range while cycling on and off dbol or drol 6 on 6 off ... gh on all the time as well as slin, igf-1 on for 4 off for 4, once dieting starts they'll switch to tren and about 4 weeks out switch to suspension 2 times a day and masteron and cut the test and all oils a week out having started winny 6 weeks out and halo the last 2 weeks along with copious amounts of AIs (aromasin or adex)
Yeah we don't have any pros here, but this is probably very close to what kind of answer you would get from one.

sourinthemind

Awards

I know you have at least one bros.....;)

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
there's a pro or national level competitor? since i have no idea who you're talking about i'm guessing its you lol ... any hints? national level amatuer or pro?

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
LOL

It depends on the person, I've heard some pro's talk about 2g/week of Test plus various other compounds and I've heard some that don't use that much at all. I think it's more like working out, it takes some time to find what works for you but once you do the gains really start coming.

All year usage is pretty much a given and GH is increasingly being used non stop which is why we see the jaw lines changing and the "gh gut". I think GH is a great thing but with abuse I think it' ruining bb's physiques. As Glen said the closer they get to a contest they switch to the hardening compouds like tren, masteron, winny, halo.

sourinthemind

Awards
there's a pro or national level competitor? since i have no idea who you're talking about i'm guessing its you lol ... any hints? national level amatuer or pro?
The answer is yes...but if I gave any more away how much ameninty would I have. But you can trust that I am the power of the white ape..LOL....:box:

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
well there are tons of national level amatuers and even a lot of pros (anyone that wins their NPC national weightclass can get a pro card even bantamweight...i'm sure you know this but just for anyone else reading) ... i don't think telling us which you are would harm your ameninity but its absolutely your decision and i respect that

on a separate note ... what's a typical bulking and cutting cycle look like for you sour?

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
I think 2 grams of any AAS or any combination thereof, per week, and anyone will grow and grow well.

sourinthemind

Awards
well there are tons of national level amatuers and even a lot of pros (anyone that wins their NPC national weightclass can get a pro card even bantamweight...i'm sure you know this but just for anyone else reading) ... i don't think telling us which you are would harm your ameninity but its absolutely your decision and i respect that

on a separate note ... what's a typical bulking and cutting cycle look like for you sour?
Here is the quick answer:

I stopped thinking in terms of cycles long time ago. I am preparing for a show or not. Which means I am on all year round these days. A basic off-season regime might be 1.5-2g of test a week, 100 mg Tren EOD, with 100 mgs of A50 or 100 mgs of Dbol/day. Throw in 5-8 ius of GH a day, 75 mcg of IGF a day, a little T3 some slin and voila.....typical for me these days.

As for cutting, too much to write and I plan these out extensively with 5-7 different AAS compounds alone. But rest assured that it is more than what I do for bulking, in terms of quantity of compounds.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
that makes sense .. so are you pretty much on tren year round then? do you run any deca or eq? ... i assume you cycle the drol or dbol?

do you think after your competing days are over your definitely going to have go on HRT? what about ability to have kids?

sorry for all the questions ... i've talked with some pros and national guys before but i find it incredibly interesting and i'm always curious to find out different peoples approaches/opinions

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Man, I am jealous. It'd be cool to run that much ****, but I can't afford it and I probably wouldn't feel comfortable doing it for very long if I could, with my genetic predisposition to high cholesterol, blood pressure and other issues that such sustained high dose gear could aggrevate.

Do you run hcg year round, or have you given up on the boys? Are your lipids and liver values all cool? If you're able to stay healthy man that's cool.

sourinthemind

Awards
that makes sense .. so are you pretty much on tren year round then? do you run any deca or eq? ... i assume you cycle the drol or dbol?

do you think after your competing days are over your definitely going to have go on HRT? what about ability to have kids?

sorry for all the questions ... i've talked with some pros and national guys before but i find it incredibly interesting and i'm always curious to find out different peoples approaches/opinions
Actually I rotate EQ or Tren and Dbol or Adrol. I like tren a lot but I just don't like to use it year around. I don't like deca that much, I think that it is overarated but many love the stuff. Kids...I still do periodic bouts of HCG and keep testicular mass up so my boys aren't peas. I have low sperm count I am sure of but others whom I know who are in the same boat seem to be able to have children just fine after heavy usage. HPTA can take some time to get back into balance but nothing permanent. I wouldn't suggest this line of usage for anyone becuase there are just too many unknowns but if you are competing at the level that I do, you simply don't have a choice if you want to be competitive.

BigP0ppa3

Awards
  • Established
I gotta bump - like Glenihan said this is interesting stuff!

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
sour i tried to PM you and then realized you aren't a board supporter so i can't ... could you shoot me an email at so i can email you what i was going to PM .. and just post that you've seen this so i can take down my email addy thanks man

Last edited:

sourinthemind

Awards
sour i tried to PM you and then realized you aren't a board supporter so i can't ... could you shoot me an email at ******* so i can email you what i was going to PM .. and just post that you've seen this so i can take down my email addy thanks man
Gotcha

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Interesting. Would be interesting to think of it as a year round thing, but really that's not possible, or advised really, for someone that won't be competing at a high level.

I'd die for the day that a 100% safe sideeffect free AAS was developed. That's probably never going to happen, at least in my lifetime.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Here is the quick answer:

I stopped thinking in terms of cycles long time ago. I am preparing for a show or not. Which means I am on all year round these days. A basic off-season regime might be 1.5-2g of test a week, 100 mg Tren EOD, with 100 mgs of A50 or 100 mgs of Dbol/day. Throw in 5-8 ius of GH a day, 75 mcg of IGF a day, a little T3 some slin and voila.....typical for me these days.

As for cutting, too much to write and I plan these out extensively with 5-7 different AAS compounds alone. But rest assured that it is more than what I do for bulking, in terms of quantity of compounds.
Wow...

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Heres a bump for that Sour, its good to have pros on this board, actually when I joined I thought there were quite a few here, this board is going through some changes right now and hopefully they will be for the better. There are so many levels of knowledge and experience with regards to weightlifting its more than a little interesting. Im hoping some of the other regular posters will come back. Knowledge IS Power.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
1.5-2g of test a week, 100 mg Tren EOD, with 100 mgs of A50 or 100 mgs of Dbol/day. Throw in 5-8 ius of GH a day, 75 mcg of IGF a day, a little T3 some slin and voila.....typical for me these days.
My question is....with a laundry list like this, that adds up quick! So, do you have to do as much brewing as possible? I mean, buying powders and making AAS is cheap as hell, but even with a good source it can be expensive to run that much gear...

Oh, and when you run the a50 and dbol, do you use those sparingly?

Do you get blood tests frequently, and is everything "decent"?

I talk to a few other high level competitors on other boards, but most of them are pretty quiet about the gear usage and effects on health. And, that's probably the most interesting / important part to someone like me. So, I find the subject very fascinating.

Also, if you get the time one of these days, it would be very interesting to see what a day in the lunch-box of a nat'l level competitor is like.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
John Basedow hangs out here, does that count? :)

sourinthemind

Awards
Yes it is expensive, and I don't advicate this regiemn to anybody. So let me make that absolutely clear. Actually, I think only guys who are considering a career in this sport or guys who are making their living with this sport should even use gear at this level. If you are one of those guys then comparing yourself and your methods to top level guys gear usage can help you gauge what is working for them. It doesn't neccisarily apply to the rec gear user.

Having said this...when I run A50 or Dbol I use them at the dosage that makes sense for me. I love these compounds but I rarely run them more than 8 weeks at a time. Most of time I am always using some kind of oral but I do give the heavy stuff a break from time to time. I hope that answers your questions bro...

As for my daily "lunch-box"... well I eat about 6-7 times a day in the off season and I get about 100 gm carbs, 50 gm protein and 10 gm fat per meal. And believe it or not I have a standing rule of eating whatever I want before I go to bed. I have a hard time keeping a decent amount on my body and getting the extra cals in my body. So I eat cookies, ice cream and candy before bed when I can.

My question is....with a laundry list like this, that adds up quick! So, do you have to do as much brewing as possible? I mean, buying powders and making AAS is cheap as hell, but even with a good source it can be expensive to run that much gear...

Oh, and when you run the a50 and dbol, do you use those sparingly?

Do you get blood tests frequently, and is everything "decent"?

I talk to a few other high level competitors on other boards, but most of them are pretty quiet about the gear usage and effects on health. And, that's probably the most interesting / important part to someone like me. So, I find the subject very fascinating.

Also, if you get the time one of these days, it would be very interesting to see what a day in the lunch-box of a nat'l level competitor is like.

sourinthemind

Awards
Heres a bump for that Sour, its good to have pros on this board, actually when I joined I thought there were quite a few here, this board is going through some changes right now and hopefully they will be for the better. There are so many levels of knowledge and experience with regards to weightlifting its more than a little interesting. Im hoping some of the other regular posters will come back. Knowledge IS Power.
Thanks bro, it is good to be here. I find all of this fun. And I think if most people knew what was going on out there in the world of sports and athletics they just wouldn't believe it. I also find it hard to believe that people give a **** so much what top level athletes use or don't use. Look at pro baseball right now, what a load of wasted time. Who would watch Mark M. if he wasn't crushing the ball? Pro BB...well...I say when you come pay my bills then you can judge my life and the way I make it. Not to mention, all I have ever done in BB over the last 20 years is add value to other people's lives. No matter if it was helping people train and diet effectively or find a lifestyle that would add a new deminsion of health and well-being to their lives. I have this same issue with gay marriage. Why do all these people care so much what other people are doing. Especially when it only allow them the "pursuit of happiness."

I digress.....sorry.....

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Having said this...when I run A50 or Dbol I use them at the dosage that makes sense for me.........
You're not the only one I know who loves these. I was just talking to a couple guys yestarday who run them high. I.E. one of them runs A50 and DBol as high as 200mg/day. Says it'll beat 3g/wk test any day of the week for him (and he wished he didn't respond so well to orals :p).
........So I eat cookies, ice cream and candy before bed when I can.
You know.....I really like this rule :)

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
one of them runs A50 and DBol as high as 200mg/day. Says it'll beat 3g/wk test any day of the week for him (and he wished he didn't respond so well to orals :p).
I'm like that too... Test+tren is great for solid sustainable strength increases and improvements in body comp, but for me nothing gives the explosive gains in strength or size like dbol :D

sourinthemind

Awards
Becuase I run gear for extended periods of time, I really don't run A50 or Dbol in excessive amounts. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 mg a day for each. But I do like them. However, nothing like 2gm of test a week to get the body growing!

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't know, yet :D

But, from what I've "read" Test does sound like a wonderful hormone :D

BTW, that's a flattering pic of you in your avatar SourInTheMind :p

sourinthemind

Awards
I wouldn't know, yet :D

But, from what I've "read" Test does sound like a wonderful hormone :D

BTW, that's a flattering pic of you in your avatar SourInTheMind :p
You like the pic...yea....I have had some dental work done since this one was taken so my grill is better now!