DMZ & EPI Shred Sesh

A AesthetiX

A AesthetiX

Awards
DMZ & EPI Shred Sesh

What's up people!

It's about that time again! I will be logging a new stack that I've never tried before nor have I really seen much of. My goal will be 8 weeks of dropping as much weight as possible while maintaining/gaining as much strength as possible.

Epistane: 30/40/40/50/50/60/0/0
OL DMZ: 0/0/20/40/40/40/60/60
DermaTrest: On hand to combat lethargy. I don't really want to deal with bloat though.
I have Prami and Exemestane on hand.

Stats
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 198lbs
Bodyfat: ~17-18

I currently train using a modulated WSBB Template.

Monday - Max Effort Lower
Tuesday - Bench Volume
Wednesday - Active Recovery
Thursday - Squat Volume
Friday - Max Effort Upper (Trying to bring up my weak OHP)
Saturday and Sunday - Off due to long work hours on the weekends.

I'm very stoked about this and will be starting on Monday!

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed. I haven't seen that combination either. Will be following with interest. Good luck brother.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In on this man! Looks like a solid run!

Loneyboy

Banned
Awards
Subbed! Very interested in results!

YouBet33

YouBet33

Awards
Yup count me in!

A AesthetiX

A AesthetiX

Awards
Welcome to the soon to be party everyone! I'm hoping to hit a 1250 total by the end of this ;) while being a couple pounds lighter

Loneyboy

Banned
Awards
Welcome to the soon to be party everyone! I'm hoping to hit a 1250 total by the end of this ;) while being a couple pounds lighter
Very interested in what your strength gains will be like! I'm looking at doing 8 weeks of DMZ and tr3st in the new year, really want some great strength gains.

A AesthetiX

A AesthetiX

Awards
My current lifts (tested about 10 weeks ago) were:
Squat: 365lbs
Paused Bench: 300lbs
Deadlift: 475lbs

I've been fighting with my damn squat for weeks now :| but I just changed some programming so we'll see what happens.

A AesthetiX

A AesthetiX

Awards
Yeah yeah yeah! Today is (hopefully) the day! I have everything on hand, .....except for the EPI. haha no worries though, it is supposed to come today which would be great. If not, we will be patient :|

So I woke up this morning at 197.4lbs, I will be weighing in as soon as I wake up every Monday and Thursday.
I will be starting at 2600 calories per day with 20minutes of cardio 5 days per week. (I burn around 210-230 in my 20 minutes I think).

My plan is to drop my calories 50-100 per week, or add 5 minutes to my cardio each week. But we'll see how the weight loss is going.

A AesthetiX

A AesthetiX

Awards
Day 1: EPI CAME!​

Dosage
Epistane - 30mg

Weight - 197.4lbs
Calories - 2,563
Protein - 246g
Carbs - 254g
Fat - 73g

Day one, obviously nothing to note. I'm just stoked that it came in on time! When I post workouts I'm only going to post my working sets.. who wants to see warm ups?

Workout - Quick Squat Workout

Low Bar Squat (Just switched to low bar 2 weeks ago, never done it before)
250lbs - AMRAP - 9 Reps
270lbs - 5 Sets of 3 Reps

SLDL
255lbs - 3 Sets of 6 Reps

Straight Leg Raises
Bodyweight - 2 Sets of 15 Reps

Decline Sit-Up
Bodyweight - 3 Sets of 10-15 Reps

Close Stance Leg Press (DROPSET)
300lbs - 1 Rep
250lbs - 5 Rep
200lbs - 10 Rep
150lbs - 10 Rep

I literally got to the gym when they were about to close so I had to stretch and get all that in as quick as I could haha. I unfortunately had more planned but couldn't make it in time :(

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha thanks bro! That alone was a PR for me. I want a 315 SLDL in the next few weeks, with great form of course haha
In.

And I'm a firm believer that SLDL/RDLs are an area where people don't push hard enough. You should be able to get 315 easy IMO based on your sets of 255. I can get reps at 325, and once I was able to do that I was finally able to break the 315 squat barrier and start getting reps at that weight. Keep working at strong hammies and it will help you all around.

A AesthetiX

A AesthetiX

Awards
In.

And I'm a firm believer that SLDL/RDLs are an area where people don't push hard enough. You should be able to get 315 easy IMO based on your sets of 255. I can get reps at 325, and once I was able to do that I was finally able to break the 315 squat barrier and start getting reps at that weight. Keep working at strong hammies and it will help you all around.
Glad to have you! I totally agree, I had a buddy who did an entire training cycle replacing his conventional deadlift with just stiff-leg and his conventional DL max went up drastically.

A AesthetiX

A AesthetiX

Awards
Day 2: ROUGH DAY​

Dosage
Epistane - 30mg

Calories - Will post tonight.

So it's not even 3pm and it's a rough day so far. I woke up really nauseous and was until about.. well now haha. My workout was ALRIGHT, it was a bit rough due to poor programming on my part.

Workout - Max Effort Upper

Pause Bench Press (Heavy Triple)
185lbs - 3 Reps
225lbs - 1 Rep
255lbs - 3 Reps
260lbs - 3 Reps

Standing OHP
105lbs - 5 Sets of 5 Reps

Close-Grip Bench (This is where my poor programming came in and I ended up failing on my 2nd set)
205lbs - 8 Reps
220lbs - 6 Reps, failed on the 7th

Chin-Ups
Bodyweight - 4 Sets of 6 Reps

Tricep Pushdown
80kg - 15 Rep
90kg - 15 Rep
100kg - 10 Rep
110kg - 9 Rep

Lateral Raises
20lbs - 12 Reps
20lbs - 2 Sets of 8 Rep

Then I did some bicep crap.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Digging the way you post your routine. Easy to follow.

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
Subbed!!! Very interesting combo I'm intrigued..

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Inspired me to do some heavier SLDL today. Never really gone over 205. Working sets of 255 felt good. Nursing an Intercostal strain so conventionals are out for a couple weeks. SL's didn't bother it much.

A AesthetiX

A AesthetiX

Awards
Inspired me to do some heavier SLDL today. Never really gone over 205. Working sets of 255 felt good. Nursing an Intercostal strain so conventionals are out for a couple weeks. SL's didn't bother it much.
Hell yeah buddy!! Glad I could inspire you like that. Gotta get to that 315 with me.

A AesthetiX

A AesthetiX

Awards
Rough day part two, it's 11pm and I haven't eaten since 2pm. I've still got 1100 calories to go ._.

It's been a long day.

A AesthetiX

A AesthetiX

Awards
Calories - 2,488
Protein - 200g
Carbs - 274g
Fat - 78g

Went a bit under today.. oh well.

Loneyboy

Banned
Awards
Welcome! Did you get a chance to look at my doses? Does everything look good it would you adjust anything?
are you still running the first week of dmz at 20? I've heard results at 20 are very minimal, for what its worth, when i ran mine, i did the first 2 weeks at 30 (20mg pill dosed every 16 hours) and saw noticeable results. 40 and 60 are definitely the sweet spots.

A AesthetiX

A AesthetiX

Awards
are you still running the first week of dmz at 20? I've heard results at 20 are very minimal, for what its worth, when i ran mine, i did the first 2 weeks at 30 (20mg pill dosed every 16 hours) and saw noticeable results. 40 and 60 are definitely the sweet spots.
My only concern with starting at 40 is that fact that it is stacked and I wanted to ease into it.

Loneyboy

Banned
Awards
My only concern with starting at 40 is that fact that it is stacked and I wanted to ease into it.
I'm saying instead of doing the first two at 20/40 you could do 30/30. I understand the caution though.

A AesthetiX

A AesthetiX

Awards
Macros were a bit off today haha.. I have a feeling this is going to turn more into a recomp than a cut

Calories - 2,430
Protein - 214g
Carbs - 250g
Fat - 90g

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dude by like the 4th week of my DMZ run the appetite went through the roof and I decided not to fight it. My body was telling me something. And that was, "Feed Meeeee". So I did.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Late Subbed. Awesome stuff so far. Really intriguing combo.

A AesthetiX

A AesthetiX

Awards
Dude by like the 4th week of my DMZ run the appetite went through the roof and I decided not to fight it. My body was telling me something. And that was, "Feed Meeeee". So I did.
Hahaha! Yes! I'll play ride it out and see where these things take me

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
Hahaha! Yes! I'll play ride it out and see where these things take me
Never mind the hunger his strength is going to go through the roof... You'll be deadlifting mini coopers!!! LOL

A AesthetiX

A AesthetiX

Awards
Damn my horrible caffeine addiction, it's sad that I'm tapering down my Preworkout so I don't die xD

A AesthetiX

A AesthetiX

Awards
Day 4: I'M FREE!​

Dosage
Epistane - 30mg

Calories - 2,594
Protein - 232g
Carbs - 283g
Fat- 55g

Took my last final exam tonight and I'm officially done with the semester! Time to chill and workout every day ;)
My workout today wasn't something that was on my program, technically I should be starting week 4 tomorrow because my schedule got all thrown off from Thanksgiving; so I'm just going to wing it the next few days and start week 4 on Monday.

Workout - Random Deadlifts

Sumo Deadlift Got yelled at today for "slamming" the weights..........
135lbs - 5 Reps
225lbs - 5 Rep
315lbs - 5 Reps
330lbs - 5 Reps
345lbs - 5 Reps
365lbs - 5 Reps
385lbs - 4 Reps

Front Squats
125lbs - 3 Sets of 8 Reps

Weighted Hyperextensions
10lbs - 4 Sets of 15 Reps

Barbell Shrugs
155lbs - 15 Reps
185lbs - 2 Sets of15 Reps

Then I finished off with a ton of abs. A major goal I have for this cycle is to seriously bring out my abs, I want them 3D abs.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Seriously? Lifting 385 yoy should be given some leeway with the "slamming". I hate that. Nice work though.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Seriously? Lifting 385 yoy should be given some leeway with the "slamming". I hate that. Nice work though.
Yep totally agree here... I can guarantee the person yelling at you can't even budge that type of weight.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's why I'm glad I go to a "meat-head" gym. Even the lady who runs it is jacked. When me and my wife signed up, I told her I was content being lean. She said, "Why?". Made me feel like a big pu$$y.

A AesthetiX

A AesthetiX

Awards
It wasn't the first time, I got yelled at about 6 weeks ago as well and since then I've actually started (slightly) controlling the weight down to make a little less slamming.

I started looking at a new gym that's a bit farther, mine is just so convenient though because my lady works at the supplement bar and she can workout for free.

A AesthetiX

A AesthetiX

Awards
I updated my dosages a bit!

Epistane: 30/40/40/40/50/50/0/0
OL DMZ: 0/0/30/40/40/40/60/60
DermaTrest: 0/0/0/0/25/25/25/25

I lowered the epi at the end to not go above 50mg, brought up my first week of DMZ to 30 and added in the Trest starting week 5 because I just know that lethargy is going to get me.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I updated my dosages a bit! Epistane: 30/40/40/40/50/50/0/0 OL DMZ: 0/0/30/40/40/40/60/60 DermaTrest: 0/0/0/0/25/25/25/25 I lowered the epi at the end to not go above 50mg, brought up my first week of DMZ to 30 and added in the Trest starting week 5 because I just know that lethargy is going to get me.
OL DMZ is 20mg caps. And if you were going to do a week at 20, take that cap PWO.

A AesthetiX

A AesthetiX

Awards
OL DMZ is 20mg caps. And if you were going to do a week at 20, take that cap PWO.
Yeah, I was going to dose every 16 hours the first week.. unless you think starting at 40 wouldn't be too much

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, I was going to dose every 16 hours the first week.. unless you think starting at 40 wouldn't be too much
I handled it pretty well. Felt BP rise on like day 2, so it is potent. Nothing wrong with backing off. That's a good plan though if you're able to make those hours work. Half life of DMZ is 12-16.