ostarine cycle review and pct question

henri

Awards
Hello,

First post

About me 40 yo, male, 5'9, lifting for about 6 years. *Over that time I have picked *up a few nagging chronic injuries:
Recurring bursitis in my right shoulder that doesn't respond to cortisone, a tight lower back and some beat up tendons in my left forearm. *

I have tried all kinds of supps/meds/physio/osteopathy/etc for my injuries without much improvement. *It was mainly due to my frustration with these injuries that I looked into ASS/DS/PHs.

I did a bit of research around this forum and others and decided I would try a cycle of ostarine. *I had no previous experience of using anything hormonal. *Although I know I look good from lifting and eating right, aesthetics is not my main motivation for lifting. *I lift to be fit and strong, looking good naked is a happy by-product as far as I'm concerned. *I'm not bothered about size and symmetry. *I'm into strength and fitness.

Anyway, at the end of the *Summer I was 70kg and under 10% bf. *I decided to start a run of ostarine to add some weight and hopefully have some effect on my injuries. *I chose Brawn Ostabol, not sure why I chose this brand, I think I saw it on offer somewhere and bought one bottle. *I didn't use any support supps during the cycle as my understanding of SERMs is that they are not required. The only supps I took on cycle were 5g omega 3, 2000u Vit D3, Multivit, ZMA.

I started the cycle taking 10mg ed. *As I had no previous experience of hormonal supps I thought I would take 10mg ed for a week to gauge how my body responded to it. *After a week I ran 20mg ed until I finished the bottle - so the run was 7 weeks in total.

Two other important bits of info about the cycle - I'm doing Wendler's 5/3/1 triumvirate routine, lifting 3 or 4 days/week. While on cycle I decided to up my carbs as I had been on a carb restricted diet over the summer.*

As others have reported with ostarine I felt nothing for the first three weeks or so, then my weight and my lifts started to go up. *My girlfriend started to comment on how much 'fuller' I was looking - the veins in my biceps became much more visible. *I was breaking PBs every week. *By the end of the run I had added 4kg and my bf had gone up to 13%, which as I was going out of my way to eat lots of carbs is not surprising. The only sides I experienced was acne on my back and shoulders, and my libido had taken a hammering by the end of the cycle.

I'm now 12 days into PCT and I weigh in at 73.3kg - so I have lost a bit of weight. *I've been taken 20mg nolva and 3g DAA ed as well as maca and trib for my libido. *I'm happy to report that my libido has now bounced right back - much to my girlfriends delight. *However I have what I think is a side effect from the nolva, I would welcome other people's thoughts on this. *Since about day 5 of PCT I have really stiff 'dry' knees and some dull pain when I sit still for too long. *Could this be the nolva's effect on my estrogen, or something unrelated? *I haven't been squatting heavy lately as my back has been playing up a bit - I can't think what else I could have done to aggravate both knees like this - any help would be appreciated. *The only other side effect of PCT I'm experiencing is very poor sleep latency, unless I pop a valium or zopiclone I really struggle to get to sleep. Sleep is something that has never come easy to me, but at the moment it really is a struggle to get more than 5 hours a night.

In terms of my original reason for taking the ostarine, to see if it had any effect on my chronic injuries - well yes and no. *The ostarine has worked like magic on my bursitis - my shoulder feels better than it has it years - I can bench heavy without fear of aggravating it. * However it not no effect on my lumber and maybe a little on my forearm tendons. *Overall I'm pleased with the cycle. *I've added some mass, I've cured my shoulder injury and I've got stronger, although my strength has dropped a bit since starting PCT.

Would I do ostarine again? Yes I would. *I found the experience quite enjoyable with very few side effects.