Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
About Me,
I am not a writer, I can’t spell, and I did not pay attention in English class.
History
31 years ago I was 25 years old weighed 235lbs and was 5’6” tall I smoked did not work out and was Fat! My wife was pregnant with our daughter and I decided I need to make a change in my life. Over the next 9 months I lost 85lbs quit smoking and started lifting, doing cardio and eating clean. It was a complete life style change that I still follow today.
Current
I am a male 56 years old, weight 180lbs at 5’5” tall. Have visible abs and am as lean as I have ever been. I Lift 6 days a week in the morning and do cardio 2-4 days a week in the evening. I lift alone in my home gym and do my cardio at Planet Fitness after my 10 hour shifts at work,

Thank you IronFlex Supplements for the opportunity to do this.

I will be starting my Nasty Mass on Monday. I have decided to start with (1) cap per day, for two or three days just to test the waters and than increase to, two caps per day. I have been on a calorie restrictive diet for about 6 months now, losing about 1/2 lbs per week, I am going to remain on the same diet, but will add about 25 grams of Casein Protein every evening. This should provide a little extra muscle building with out any additional body fat. I am sure it will take a few days until I can feel any effects from the Nasty Mass.

Got my package in the mail on Thursday and was very excited. The Bottle of pills is well packaged and looks very professional.
Nasty Mass (598x800).jpg

Nasty Mas (598x800).jpg

Below is my before picture, (I Know I'm Old) Let hope the after picture is a lot better !! I will be sticking to a pretty strict Diet and I never miss a work-out. Although after seeing some of your folks posted work-outs, please don't laugh at mine!!!

1-20-14 (598x800).jpg

I am open to any and all question and suggestion, I am fairly new here and like the home I have found.

YouBet33

YouBet33

Awards
In to see dem gainz! Looking great for your age!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have what maybe a strange request for this thread, I am not at all happy with my chest, but I can't tell what's wrong with it. Would love constructive ideas on how to improve.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm just gonna sub to this here log as well!

For some reason, even though you claim to be bad at spelling and English, you're still a lot better than a considerable amount of the younger generations! :bigok:

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have what maybe a strange request for this thread, I am not at all happy with my chest, but I can't tell what's wrong with it. Would love constructive ideas on how to improve.

What does your chest routine look like? Lifts, rep counts and % of max weight per set?

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
In for this

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What does your chest routine look like? Lifts, rep counts and % of max weight per set?
Do you think it needs more Upper, Middle or Lower ??

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll play in here.

I'm just gonna sub to this here log as well!

For some reason, even though you claim to be bad at spelling and English, you're still a lot better than a considerable amount of the younger generations! :bigok:
No doubt...

Do you think it needs more Upper, Middle or Lower ??
I think a little more upper could help separate the pecs from the shoulders more, and add more mass to the shoulders at the same time. But, I don't know your current routine. I do know, that you look good my friend. NoHomo

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Over 50 club following your log. Looking great for your old age! Lol

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Not as much as I hear about 50 shades of Gray

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol! Never saw any of that one or even know what it's about.

I grew up with Star Wars jokes --- and still get them.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Subbed brother let's kill this!

jeremiah0079

Awards
For your chest work on the upper region with lots of incline dumbell presses and incline cable flys. Dumbells are much better on the shoulders than barbells, also put all your incline moves first in your chest routine then move onto flat presses and such. Another thing is we need to get some caps on those shoulders, that will help seperate them from the pecs. Focus on military presses and dumbell upright rows, forget lateral raises those are for touch ups, they won't build much size. Focus on compound lifts. You look good, put in the hard work and look great. If you need any advice don't be afraid to ask, we are all brothers here so we should all be willing to help. Good luck!

turff49

turff49

Awards
I'm in us young guys over 50 gotta stick together!
Looking good my man!
I agree with the previous poster about the incline DB's and shoulder work. Also, us with a lot of chest hair have a hard time showing definition.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thank you all for your positive comments and suggestions, seeing as this is Monday and International Chest Day, I will post my morning chest routine this evening in my log. I believe my weak points are, Chest, Side Delts and Biceps, so you hit it on the head! Thanks Again!
Stay Strong !

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
turff49

turff49

Awards
I feel like im the only one on AM that is under 30. lol
Just think of what 20+ more years of gainz is going to do for you. You're already pushing some great weight. Kudos to you young man!

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Just think of what 20+ more years of gainz is going to do for you. You're already pushing some great weight. Kudos to you young man!
thanks man

deuceswild72

Awards
  • Established
In.
Looking forward to seeing ur results.

What is your dosing going to be?

Also, what is the max dosage you can go up to for this? Just curios cuz it contains a couple different phs even though they are lower mg. as yiu can see this interests me.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have decided to start with (1) cap per day, for two or three days just to test the waters and than increase to, two caps per day.

I am told 3 per day is the max dose....4 in Insane !!

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
In.
Looking forward to seeing ur results.

What is your dosing going to be?

Also, what is the max dosage you can go up to for this? Just curios cuz it contains a couple different phs even though they are lower mg. as yiu can see this interests me.
I would start out at two a day for a week or two then bump it up to three there is 90 servings in a bottle so you could actually run it at 3 caps a day for 30 days. At three a day everything would be adequately dosed for a mild run solo but with 4 compounds together you should be solid!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Either dosing protocol I'd watch for any BP issues, just to be safe.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Either dosing protocol I'd watch for any BP issues, just to be safe.
Absolutely this is a must when running any cycle but especially one like this.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry if I missed it, but is anything being run with it? Cycle support or pct?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I will be using Liquid Dex.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 1 Nasty Mass

Day 1 Monday 09/22/14 Body weight 180
Wake up 4:15 am. Drink Pre-Workout, Take 1 Capsule Nasty Mass, Wait 1/2 Hour Start Workout.
Chest and Triceps

Incline Bench
1) 95x15
2) 135x15
3) 135x15
Superset with
Tricep Pushdowns
1) 30x25
2) 40x24
3) 50x20

Flat Bench
1) 135x10
2) 135x12
3) 135x15
Super set with Skull Crushers
1) 75x8
2) 75x10
3) 75x12

Decline Bench
1) 135x12
2) 135x14
3) 135x15
More Skull Crusher
4) 75x15
50 75x15

Hyper-extensions
Torso Twist

5:00pm
30 Minutes of Cardio
Abs

A few years ago I tore my right rotator cuff doing dumbbell bench presses, I have not been able to do dumbbell bench or shoulder work since than, heavy pressing movements are out of the question also.

Work out went well to early to tell if any advantage do to Nasty Mass

Calories 1998
Fats 46g
Carbs 160g
Protein 246g

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Stayed pretty consistent there even though you were super setting tris and chest. Very nice.

Curious, what's your TDEE?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Stayed pretty consistent there even though you were super setting tris and chest. Very nice.

Curious, what's your TDEE?
Maybe I'm Stupid, but what is TDEE ???

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maybe I'm Stupid, but what is TDEE ???
Total Daily Energy Expenditure.

Pretty much the fewest amount of calories you should ever take in.

I ask because your calories look very low to me, especially for starting a cycle.

However, I don't know how you metabolism is. I would thing that you have room to increase your calories, and would recommend trying to so that it increases your metabolism overall.

Here is a good TDEE calculator:

Never mind, my new phone update won't let me copy links in Safari. Go to IIFYM.com and click Calculators at the top, then TDEE.

Just my .02¢

turff49

turff49

Awards
Total Daily Energy Expenditure. Pretty much the fewest amount of calories you should ever take in. I ask because your calories look very low to me, especially for starting a cycle. However, I don't know how you metabolism is. I would thing that you have room to increase your calories, and would recommend trying to so that it increases your metabolism overall. Here is a good TDEE calculator: Never mind, my new phone update won't let me copy links in Safari. Go to IIFYM.com and click Calculators at the top, then TDEE. Just my .02¢
^^Good advice here^^

And I agree 100% with Register.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My maintenance calories are around 2300, now if I do cardio I will add calories. I have been on a deficit for about 36 weeks at 2000 (not including cardio) calories a day, and have been losing about 3/4 of a pound per week (down 27lbs) I truly believe it has all been body fat with very little muscle loss. I do plan on increasing calories as I get in to the cycle by about 300 to 500 per day, I have already added a night time protein shake of 25g Protein and 140 calories. Thank everyone for your thought and suggestions!!

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
What kind of protein are you taking at night. (PES select is my go to :afro:)

turff49

turff49

Awards
My maintenance calories are around 2300, now if I do cardio I will add calories. I have been on a deficit for about 36 weeks at 2000 (not including cardio) calories a day, and have been losing about 3/4 of a pound per week (down 27lbs) I truly believe it has all been body fat with very little muscle loss. I do plan on increasing calories as I get in to the cycle by about 300 to 500 per day, I have already added a night time protein shake of 25g Protein and 140 calories. Thank everyone for your thought and suggestions!!
Congrats on the loss of 27lbs. That's great man.
Do you track your macros? If so what is your split(40/40/20?)

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What kind of protein are you taking at night. (PES select is my go to :afro:)
ARO (From Vitacost) Casein, I just ordered some more Elite Casein

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Congrats on the loss of 27lbs. That's great man.
Do you track your macros? If so what is your split(40/40/20?)
I do track it but I don't have a set Split
Yesterdays
Fat 21%
Carbs 29%
Protein 50%

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 2 Monday 09/23/14 Body weight 181
Wake up 4:15 am. Drink Pre-Workout, Take 1 Capsule Nasty Mass, Wait 1/2 Hour Start Workout.
Today Back & Biceps

Back
Bent Over Bar Bell Rows

1) 135x10
2) 135x12
3) 135x14
4) 135x16
5) 135x18

Superset with Drag Curls

1) 30x15
2) 50x15
3) 60x10
4) 70x8
5) 80x5

Low Cable Rows

1) 70x15
2) 120x12
3) 140x10
4) 160x8
5) 180x6

Superset with Reverse Curls
5 set of 50lbs for 10 Reps

Work out went well, no ill effects from the Nasty Mass so took second dose with dinner supplements

Calories Today
Fats 58g = 23%
Carbs 195g = 34%
Protein 253g = 44%

Attachments

turff49

turff49

Awards
Good looking workout there. Strong rows and some heavy curls. Your Macro split doesn't look bad either.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Blasted those lats. Very nice.

I also like seeing those cals on the up.

deuceswild72

Awards
  • Established
I would start out at two a day for a week or two then bump it up to three there is 90 servings in a bottle so you could actually run it at 3 caps a day for 30 days. At three a day everything would be adequately dosed for a mild run solo but with 4 compounds together you should be solid!
I have decided to start with (1) cap per day, for two or three days just to test the waters and than increase to, two caps per day. I am told 3 per day is the max dose....4 in Insane !!
Thanks for the info.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 3 Wednessday 09/23/14 Body weight 182
Took Second Nasty Mass with Dinner.
Leg Day

Leg Extensions

3 sets of 15 with 25 lbs

superset with

Standing Leg Curls

1) 35X12
2) 40X15
3) 45X12

and

Seated Calf Raise

1) 50X20
2) 60X20
3) 70X20

Hyperextension (warm up back)

Stiff Leg Dead Lifts

1) 135X10
2) 135X12
3) 155X15
4) 185X12
5) 205X10

Superset with

40 Degree Leg Press

1) 135X20
2) 185X20
3) 225X15
4) 275X12
5) 315X10

45 Degree Calf Raise

1) 135X15
2) 185X15
3) 225X15

Felt very Strong thru out work-out today. Body weight has gone up 1 pound per day since I started the Nasty Mass but I would guess that is water. No ill effect, just feel strong! (and that's a good thing)

Calories 2270

Fats 43g
Carbs 225g
Protein 251g

Attachments

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very strong SLDLs!

Oh, those carbs...

Just to play around while on cycle, let's see what a little more carbs will do on workout days. I bet your metabolism will surprise you if you increase cals a tad.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did I read that right? Only 22 grams of carbs! Recommend you rethink the macros, especially while on cycle.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Well rocket I guess you need to start powering down some carbs just out of peer pressure alone lol