First Cycle-HaloX

PILL

Awards
I started my cycle on Monday and plan to run it around 6 weeks or until I run out of HaloX. The goal of this cycle is to put on as much muscle as possible and maintain as much as possible through PCT. I have been lifting for around 4 years and am currently sitting at 6'3" , 225ish pounds, and what I believe to be 12% BF.

General Supplements:
Creatine 7g daily
BCAAs 6g daily
Super B Complex Pills
Fish Oil 4g daily this is to prevent any joint issues from the PHAT training or HDrol
Purus Labs Condense PWO on work out days
Optimum Nutrition Whey to add in protein here and there

Cycle: Weeks 1-6
Ironflex HaloX 50/50/75/75/75/75 (Might bump up to 100 or start the 75 sooner, not sure yet)
Iron Labs Cycle Support and CEL Cycle Assist when the IL Cycle Support runs out
Taurine 2g twice daily

PCT: Weeks 7-10
Nolva 20/20/10/10
D-AA 3g daily

Training:
I will be running a modified PHAT style training routine. I am quite flexible on the exercises done with the exception of i always hit the largest possible compound movement first just like Layne Norton calls for. So, bentover rows, squats, deadlifts, benchpress, and the like come first with the accessory exercises rotating around every few weeks.

I modify the PHAT routine to have two lower body power days as opposed to a power and hypertrophy days, because I have no interest in increasing leg size. The lower body days are divided up into a knee dominant day and a hip dominant day. I prefer dividing it up this way, because it prevents my squatting and deadlifting from interfering with each other. The only issue is my left hamstring is currently injured from a strain I induced doing sprints about a week ago. That means light or no leg training for the first week or so.

Comments:
My only fear is injuring myself during or shortly after the cycle from overtraining or losing motivation. I am hoping the HDrol gains will keep motivation up.

Some might suggest holding off on the cycle while my legs heals up, but I am a student and when school starts up I am often too busy between school and work to train as much as I'd like. Plus, college football starts August 30th for me and I can't very well tailgate appropriately if I can't down a few beers or 10.

Thanks for following :welcome:

PILL

Awards
The taurine, D-AA, and Cycle Assist all arrived today, so today was my first hypertrophy day with the full cycle of supplements. I say full cycle, but I was only really missing the taurine. Not sure if it is a placebo effect or the taurine, but I felt super focused at the GYM.

Got in a great back and shoulder hypertrophy day. Was a little discouraging at first, because my hurt hamstring made bent over rows difficult. I recovered quickly with a great set of rack chins, and the workout turned into one of my better ones.

Wolfy3d2000

Wolfy3d2000

Awards
  • Established
Nice dude, looks like a solid cycle. Might consider bumping taurine to at least 6g and possibly 10g. That seems to be the most effective range for back and shin pumps.

PILL

Awards
Nice dude, looks like a solid cycle. Might consider bumping taurine to at least 6g and possibly 10g. That seems to be the most effective range for back and shin pumps.
Thanks for the heads up. I'm surprised the packaging doesn't suggest that much since the more I use the quicker I'll have to buy more.

Wolfy3d2000

Wolfy3d2000

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the heads up. I'm surprised the packaging doesn't suggest that much since the more I use the quicker I'll have to buy more.
Yeah I'm not sure. But 6-10g is the standard dose usually.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm in!

Solid lay out.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
you should do great with this people usually see a lot more out of halo when they are sitting at a lower BF range and at 225 starting you are going to look beastly

PILL

Awards
Got in a short but good knee dominant workout today. Wasn't as intense or motivating as yesterdays, but I'd rather have a few crappy lower body workouts than re-strain my hamstring. Hopefully I can start moving some real weight next week. I hope to be doing triples of 405 on backsquats by the end of the cycle. Right now I can do sets of 4 and 5 at 365, so I don't think that is unachievable.

PILL

Awards
you should do great with this people usually see a lot more out of halo when they are sitting at a lower BF range and at 225 starting you are going to look beastly
Thanks, I believe I am around 12%, but I haven't been tested. My top 4 abs are visible, but my bottom two are hiding. I'm hoping to add most of the weight to my upperbody.

PILL

Awards
Just got in an evening workout. I'm not sure what was going on, but I lifted for a solid 80 minutes. Today was chest and arms hypertrophy day and after some speed work to warm up a random guy asked me if I wanted to knock out some powercleans with him. Of course I obliged, so I didn't actually start my real workout until about 25 minutes in.

Perhaps it was the taurine taken pre workout instead of post, the powerclean warmup, or just the fact I'm taking in 4000+ calories a day, but I was lifting so intensely that even the isolation arm movements had me nauseous and sweating my balls off. Whatever it was, tonight was the most intense weight lifting session I can remember. It took me back to the days when I first started lifting and reminded me why I started to workout in the first place. It also helps that since I am home in Texas for the summer I am lifting in the same GYM with the same equipment I learned to lift with.

Whatever is going on; this cycle has been great so far, and from what I've read the HDrol probably isn't even doing anything yet. The only thing that I think can stop me now is another injury.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Just got in an evening workout. I'm not sure what was going on, but I lifted for a solid 80 minutes. Today was chest and arms hypertrophy day and after some speed work to warm up a random guy asked me if I wanted to knock out some powercleans with him. Of course I obliged, so I didn't actually start my real workout until about 25 minutes in.

Perhaps it was the taurine taken pre workout instead of post, the powerclean warmup, or just the fact I'm taking in 4000+ calories a day, but I was lifting so intensely that even the isolation arm movements had me nauseous and sweating my balls off. Whatever it was, tonight was the most intense weight lifting session I can remember. It took me back to the days when I first started lifting and reminded me why I started to workout in the first place. It also helps that since I am home in Texas for the summer I am lifting in the same GYM with the same equipment I learned to lift with.

Whatever is going on; this cycle has been great so far, and from what I've read the HDrol probably isn't even doing anything yet. The only thing that I think can stop me now is another injury.
wood.jpg

Gotta love those intense work outs

PILL

Awards
Worked out earlier this afternoon and felt terrible. Tried to do a hip dominant strength day, but my hamstrings bothered me. Tried to do an upper body strength day, but my chest and arms didn't feel ready after Friday's workout. I settled for some anti rotational core exercises and some hanging leg raises and called it a day. Was able to do a set of 365 on deadlifts before my hamstrings started bitching at me, so I'm getting back to where I was. Hopefully I can do a knee dominant strength day and throw in a hip one at the end of the week.

If every workout was great they would cease to be great and just all become mediocre. Hopefully today I can bounce back and hit the **** out of my chest on the upper body strength day.

PILL

Awards
These are my pictures about a week into the bulk and a few days before I started my cycle. Would yall say 12% BF is about right?

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Solid peaks bro

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Id peg you around 12-14 for sure

PILL

Awards
I skipped working out Monday since I'm a bitch, but resumed it today. Did my upperbody strength day and I am quite pleased. Had a great workout. Not as intense as some of the ones last week, but a really solid lifting session.

Picked up a mass gainer today. I was having trouble meeting my 4000 calorie goal with just food, so this should make it a bit easier.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I skipped working out Monday since I'm a bitch, but resumed it today. Did my upperbody strength day and I am quite pleased. Had a great workout. Not as intense as some of the ones last week, but a really solid lifting session.

Picked up a mass gainer today. I was having trouble meeting my 4000 calorie goal with just food, so this should make it a bit easier.
What gainer did you go with? Iforce's "mass gainz" is actually a really good one!

PILL

Awards
I picked up MHP Up Your Mass from Vitamin Shoppe. I'll check out IForce's. Usually I order this kinda stuff online, but I wanted it a little quicker.

PILL

Awards
Just checked out Mass Gainz. I'll definitely buy some when the MHP runs out.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I picked up MHP Up Your Mass from Vitamin Shoppe. I'll check out IForce's. Usually I order this kinda stuff online, but I wanted it a little quicker.
Up your mass isn't terrible, I like MHPs line up actually.

PILL

Awards
Woke up real early, because my dog is an ass and decided to use the extra time to hit the GYM. Did a knee dominant strength day and got a new PR on backsquat, 6x405. I know for some that isn't much, but my best up until now was 4x365. I'm guessing this is from a combination of an easy week for legs last week, increased caloric intake, and HaloX. Whatever it is, it feels great to rep near what was supposed to be my max.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Congrats on the PR bro its always an amazing feeling. No mater what the factors are its you that did it

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's a helluva pr! Good work

PILL

Awards
Hit back and shoulder hypertrophy day today. It was a decent workout, but not a great one. I'm looking forwards to tomorrow's hip dominant strength workout, and I hope I have time for it. I'll probably be stuck working from 6:30AM to around 6:30 PM, so we'll see how it goes.

I've been pondering changing my knee and hip dominant workouts to only doing squats or deadlifts once a week. It seems like since I've started squating and pulling in the 400's that doing both every week is causing me injury or negatively affecting my workout schedule in some way, any thoughts on this? I'd like to do both every week, but I'm not sure if it is the healthiest thing long term.

Everyone tells me HDrol really hits you in week 3, and as I am rounding out week 2 I am looking forwards to it. I've already busted out PR's and had some of the best workouts that I can remember, so I am understandably excited about these next few weeks.

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
Nice work bro.. Week 3 is when the fun starts..

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Hey bro I hear you on the pulling over 400 thing. On the weeks I want to do legs more than once I drop the weights down to the 300 range and do some decent working sets other wise I feel like I get CNS fatigue over time.

TonyGunsling

Awards
Im in! doing my research as i follow keep up well informed!

PILL

Awards
I've been pretty bad at updating since the Marine Corp has had me working these last 4 days, but I was lucky to get a chance to lift on Sunday. Had a good chest and arms workout, but had to skip triceps because I ran out of time.

I think I am going to replace the two strength lower body days with a heavy day and a light day. I want to start adding Olympic lifts to the light day, because the training is fun and is some good full body work. I did cleans the other day and can't wait to start learning other lifts.

Also, on Monday I upped the HaloX to 75mg a day. I feel great, but I am starting to notice increased acne on my chest and arms. Anybody know any ways to combat that?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You're able to use Halo while working for the Marines?

PILL

Awards
You're able to use Halo while working for the Marines?
Yep, I'm not tested for PEDs. That would cost more money, so unless my command decides they want to single me out and screw me I am fine.

TonyGunsling

Awards
Yep, I'm not tested for PEDs. That would cost more money, so unless my command decides they want to single me out and screw me I am fine.
I know how you feel with those long hours man, marine airwinger here... cant even get to the gym today, soo beat. So ill be definitely following this!

PILL

Awards
Started my upper body power day early today, but my chest felt tired and I smashed my finger with a dumbbell. Decided maybe that was a sign to change plans and switch to lower body power. I love the feeling of knowing everyone in the GYM is just looking at you and thinking that guy is moving a lot of weight. Maybe those of you that workout in facilities that cater to powerlifters and bodybuilders don't get that, but most people at 24hr fitness never touch free weights and certainly never move anything near 315 or up.

Did a full lower body power day instead of just hip or knee dominant. Can't wait for the olympic lifting day. Throwing around a barbell is just fun, and I imagine the metabolic training from it will help my other big lifts like squats and bench.

PILL

Awards
I've been pretty crappy about updating this last week.

Got in a good upper body strength day on wednesday. I was benching 105lbs dummbells for my 5x5, which is a new PR for me. My chest strength is always something that has been lacking. Unlike most guys who it seems can often throw up 225 on the bench like it is nothing, but can't bent over row anywhere near that, I can row 225 with strict form. I've definitely brought my chest up a lot in the last year which helped with some shoulder issues I believe I was causing with a combination of poor shoulder warm ups, poor shoulder mobility, and some push pull imbalances.

Also, I've been working on chest activation. I was definitely using a lot of pectoralis minor and front delts on my bench. Hopefully when I can get the pectoralis major firing like it should I can see even more strength gains.

PILL

Awards
Had a good workout yesterday doing core and a bunch of power cleans. I'm liking doing an olympic lifting day instead of two lower body strength days. Two strength days was just too much for my body to deal with on cycle. I used to make fun of and get annoyed by olympic lifters dropping bars, but now I understand why they do it. The gym I'm at right now didn't have bumper plates, so I was limited in my cleans to a weight I could safely lower without hurting my shoulders. Can't wait to get back to school next week where they do have bumper plates. I was able to get 205 on cleans, and I bet I can do 225 if I continue working on the form.

Another hope of mine is that the power cleans from the floor will help my deadlift, since getting out of the whole has always been my weakness. If I can get the bar a few inches off the floor I pretty much know I'll be able to complete the rep.

Had a hell of a chest and arms workout today!!! Spent almost an hour and a half lifting! I just kept adding in extra sets here and there and before I knew it I made my workout a good 30 minutes longer than I intended. I weighed myself at 235 after my workout. I'll have an actual weight when I get back to school where my scale is.

PILL

Awards
I had my BP checked today before my workout and it came in at 141 over 76. Quite high. I bought some celery seed extract and I will see how that helps it.

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
I had my BP checked today before my workout and it came in at 141 over 76. Quite high. I bought some celery seed extract and I will see how that helps it.
Try that.. I was having some BP issues last week and my coach told me to add some black coffee, the caffeine helps to restrict blood flow.. My BP has been much better since..

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you have nitrates it'll temporarily bring your BP down.

PILL

Awards
I've been taking the celery seed, so hopefully when I check my BP tomorrow it will be down.

Yesterday was upper body strength day, and I was quite happy to press 110LB dumbbells. I just wish the school gym's went past 100's, because I prefer dumbbell work to barbell.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Nice work with the dbs man!
I to prefer dbs to barbels

PILL

Awards
Been skipping posting because of the start of the school year, but I've been lifting still.

Today was lower body strength day, and my first lower body day at the school gym. It being the first day of classes, the gym was absolutely packed with freshman. The look on this guys face that wanted to work in with me was priceless when after he deadlifted 225 I just walked up and cleaned it. I must have had at least 50 pounds on the little guy. It was nice having actual bumper plates and a real platform to do olympic lifts on.

Was repping 405 on squats and got one rep of 425 at the end of my squats. Was pretty happy about that, but I'm just too lazy to take the time to figure out a true one rep max, so I don't know what it has risen to. It felt great moving more weight than anyone else in the gym, though.

Maybe I should do a deload week at the end of my PCT and see what all my new maxes are. I'll probably need a deload week anyways.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Been skipping posting because of the start of the school year, but I've been lifting still. Today was lower body strength day, and my first lower body day at the school gym. It being the first day of classes, the gym was absolutely packed with freshman. The look on this guys face that wanted to work in with me was priceless when after he deadlifted 225 I just walked up and cleaned it. I must have had at least 50 pounds on the little guy. It was nice having actual bumper plates and a real platform to do olympic lifts on. Was repping 405 on squats and got one rep of 425 at the end of my squats. Was pretty happy about that, but I'm just too lazy to take the time to figure out a true one rep max, so I don't know what it has risen to. It felt great moving more weight than anyone else in the gym, though. Maybe I should do a deload week at the end of my PCT and see what all my new maxes are. I'll probably need a deload week anyways.
Bet that kid was in shock lol the deload prior to pct sounds good. Then back to heavy lifting in pct

PILL

Awards
Bet that kid was in shock lol the deload prior to pct sounds good. Then back to heavy lifting in pct
I was thinking after PCT. Wouldn't right before cheat me of a week of training while on cycle?

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was thinking after PCT. Wouldn't right before cheat me of a week of training while on cycle?
I don't think so. You'll be using less than sub maximal weight the last week, and be back to heavy lifting the start of pct to help "solidify/maintain" strength. I wouldn't ever deload in pct.

That's personal preference. "Deload" week before pct, lift heavy through entire pct and post pct. Then switch programs.