Get blood work from doctor or no??

iBulk

iBulk

Awards
So I'm ready to get my first pre-cycle labs done, but I have a couple discussion questions-

My original plan was to be honest with my doc, tell her I'm gonna be starting Test E, and request the blood work I need. I figured she legally couldn't tell anyone or get me in any trouble. But after researching, apparently she can make notes that I'm using illegal drugs. These notes are easily accessible by insurance companies and it can screw me over on rates and benefits in the future. See this thread on steroidology:

http://www.steroidology.com/forum/anabolic-steroid-forum/639034-no-you-should-not-tell-your-doc-about-aas-use-no-your-record-not-safe-see-here.html

Privatemdlabs is a legit option, but it would cost a couple hundred bucks for all the labs I'm wanting. I have great health insurance so it would cost me next to nothing to get my labs if the doctor ordered them.

Is it worth it to tell my doctor and get the labs for cheap or should I just keep my mouth shut about juicing to avoid insurance complications in the future?

Any responses are greatly appreciated!

Peppers

Peppers

Banned
Awards
I doubt your doctor will do it bro.
Mine did it once, but he won't anymore.

I use Privatemdlabs now.

iBulk

iBulk

Awards
Isn't it kind of bad doctoring to deny blood tests? I mean if I'm set on cycling, you'd think the doc would want me to be as safe as possible. But I guess it could also be argued that ordering the labs would be assisting my use...

I just don't really wanna spend like $150-$250 for the female hormone + lipid + cholesterol labs, especially since I plan on getting bloods done pre-cycle, intra-cycle and post-pct. That would be so much money haha more than my entire cycle, PCT and cycle supports cost. But I guess I'll do what I gotta do to be safe.

T4MP4

Awards
Your doctor won't refuse to give you a blood test, but they may report high rosh items to your insurance, raising your premiums... Best bet is to go to a private company or hormone clinic and pay our of pocket for your testing... labcorp is 50 for a cbc...

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
The doc will not turn you away and I work with EMR data no one is getting that data with out a court order or a release signed by you. There might be a chance of someone getting diagnoses codes but unlikely and that won't make a difference unless your doctor puts your diagnosis as drug addiction

iBulk

iBulk

Awards
harbonah are you sure about that? I've read some pretty convincing threads and testimonials saying that insurance companies can easily get ahold of the info and raise premiums or refuse service...

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
harbonah are you sure about that? I've read some pretty convincing threads and testimonials saying that insurance companies can easily get ahold of the info and raise premiums or refuse service...
Your doctor can put a diagnosis code of addiction which can include the drug in question. It can happen but with the doctors I've worked with 98% are not out to screw anyone and want to help. So if you are honest up front and say I'm planning this will you work with me they can not do anything as it's something you are considering. If they act hostel to the idea you bounce and get a new doc problem solved.

Last edited:
iBulk

iBulk

Awards
That makes sense, thanks for the info! I just moved and haven't even seen my new doc yet, think I should wait a couple visits to bring it up? Also my mom works for the state so I'm on her health insurance till I'm 25. I won't have to release any info to her to use her insurance for labs, correct? I've never had to release any info to her to use her insurance in the past.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
That makes sense, thanks for the info! I just moved and haven't even seen my new doc yet, think I should wait a couple visits to bring it up? Also my mom works for the state so I'm on her health insurance till I'm 25. I won't have to release any info to her to use her insurance for labs, correct? I've never had to release any info to her to use her insurance in the past.
Well she will get your EOB so she will see what they bill you for keep that in mind. They will not send your med notes to her so there will be no letter saying you asked about steroid use lol.

iBulk

iBulk

Awards
Cool, she knows I'm getting blood work but she thinks I'm just getting it to make sure I'm healthy haha. Thanks for your help bro

iBulk

iBulk

Awards
Oh, one more thing! Does anyone know if it'd be better to tell my doc I'm planning a PH cycle instead of a test cycle since that's legal?

Peppers

Peppers

Banned
Awards
So you guys are saying my Doc HAS to do the labs if I request them?

If so, I gotta get a new Doc cause mine flat out said no to me last week.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Your doctor won't refuse to give you a blood test, but they may report high rosh items to your insurance, raising your premiums... Best bet is to go to a private company or hormone clinic and pay our of pocket for your testing... labcorp is 50 for a cbc...
A pcp most likely will refer him out to an endo. Most insurance companies would be curious as to why a male is getting a female hormone panel from his primary.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
So you guys are saying my Doc HAS to do the labs if I request them?

If so, I gotta get a new Doc cause mine flat out said no to me last week.
I would say he is not legally required to help, but most want to help and if they flat our refuse when knowing what your doing you need a new one.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
Oh, one more thing! Does anyone know if it'd be better to tell my doc I'm planning a PH cycle instead of a test cycle since that's legal?
You can say its a prohormone cycle if you want to feel safer, but the doctor cant do anything to you either way other then refuse to treat you which they have that right to do.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
A pcp most likely will refer him out to an endo. Most insurance companies would be curious as to why a male is getting a female hormone panel from his primary.
It really does not work that way. If you have a referral its going to be for individual items for lab work if you do it on your own you might pick female panel but the endo would not do that he will say e2, testosterone, free test, etc, etc...

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
It really does not work that way. If you have a referral its going to be for individual items for lab work if you do it on your own you might pick female panel but the endo would not do that he will say e2, testosterone, free test, etc, etc...
I have no idea what you're trying to say here. My point is if you ask a pcp for those types of tests, most will refer you to an endocrinologist bc they generally don't delve that deeply into the endocrine system. I used female hormone panel as an example bc that's what the op called it. Next time I can just list every test if that makes it clearer.

Peppers

Peppers

Banned
Awards
I would say he is not legally required to help, but most want to help and if they flat our refuse when knowing what your doing you need a new one.
I told my doc I wanted to get checked because I felt out of wack and was having a gyno flare up at times from using compounds. I didn't state what kind of compounds.
He said he wouldn't do labs, but did refer me to a surgeon to cut the gyno out.

He did do labs for me a few months prior to this meeting however.

iBulk

iBulk

Awards
I've decided the benefits of having a doctor's advice and knowledge in addition to the cheaper labs outweighs the risk of my insurance finding out that I'm cycling.

My plan is to go in and tell my doc I'm planning a PH cycle of H-Drol. I'll ask for blood tests to be ordered so I can do the cycle safely. Will update this thread after I talk to her.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
I have no idea what you're trying to say here. My point is if you ask a pcp for those types of tests, most will refer you to an endocrinologist bc they generally don't delve that deeply into the endocrine system. I used female hormone panel as an example bc that's what the op called it. Next time I can just list every test if that makes it clearer.
I thought you were referring to the online blood work that was referred to earlier. So I was simply pointing out they are more specific the the online order for bloods. Also many primary care docs will order your basic test estrogen free test so on with out the endo. But I guess that depends where you live as in my are the endo is backed up about 6 months.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
So I'm ready to get my first pre-cycle labs done, but I have a couple discussion questions-

My original plan was to be honest with my doc, tell her I'm gonna be starting Test E, and request the blood work I need. I figured she legally couldn't tell anyone or get me in any trouble. But after researching, apparently she can make notes that I'm using illegal drugs. These notes are easily accessible by insurance companies and it can screw me over on rates and benefits in the future. See this thread on steroidology:

http://www.steroidology.com/forum/anabolic-steroid-forum/639034-no-you-should-not-tell-your-doc-about-aas-use-no-your-record-not-safe-see-here.html

Privatemdlabs is a legit option, but it would cost a couple hundred bucks for all the labs I'm wanting. I have great health insurance so it would cost me next to nothing to get my labs if the doctor ordered them.

Is it worth it to tell my doctor and get the labs for cheap or should I just keep my mouth shut about juicing to avoid insurance complications in the future?

Any responses are greatly appreciated!
dont tell doc anythign about off script use of any druge, life and or health insurance can get messed up ( no its not private, you allow them to look at files or they deny you or give ****ty deal, dont kid self)
say you tool some OTC herbal mix that supposed to help build muscle and you feel a bit off after taking it.. then use a excuse sorta the same lateron for more bloods. dont say illegal use unless NEED TO, liek life is at steak

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
dont tell doc anythign about off script use of any druge, life and or health insurance can get messed up ( no its not private, you allow them to look at files or they deny you or give ****ty deal, dont kid self)
say you tool some OTC herbal mix that supposed to help build muscle and you feel a bit off after taking it.. then use a excuse sorta the same lateron for more bloods. dont say illegal use unless NEED TO, liek life is at steak
You medical data is not that open hell I'm in my own system there is no release of med notes because some insurance company feels like seeing them.. That is a myth.

iBulk

iBulk

Awards
dont tell doc anythign about off script use of any druge, life and or health insurance can get messed up ( no its not private, you allow them to look at files or they deny you or give ****ty deal, dont kid self) say you tool some OTC herbal mix that supposed to help build muscle and you feel a bit off after taking it.. then use a excuse sorta the same lateron for more bloods. dont say illegal use unless NEED TO, liek life is at steak
Ah so much conflicting info! Blergs aren't you the one that actually started that thread I posted from Steroidology? It seemed very knowledgable but is it possible that you just had bad luck with your doctor?

And also, would saying I'm gonna be doing a PH be ok? I feel like that would be a more believable excuse for my crazy levels I'll have on my intra-cycle labs.

I'm doing bloods pre-cycle, intra-cycle, and post-PCT so I'm pretty sure I can't maintain enough excuses for 3 crazy labs from saying I tried some over the counter herb haha.

iBulk

iBulk

Awards
Sorry to bump this thread but for anyone interested, I went into my doc (first time ever seeing her) and told her I'm gonna be "using a pretty strong testosterone boosting supplement and my trainer recommended blood work to make sure my hormone levels are ok". I also said I was planning on competing but didn't want to inject steroids like everyone else is (lol).

She ordered the blood work no problem and I'll be getting my lab results on Monday.

My conclusion is that it depends on the doctor but most docs aren't out to make your life harder. Also, I think the way you word it when asking for labs can make a big difference between them not suspecting anything, and them putting in their notes that you may be using AAS.
Just my two cents.