Pistol+Osta+S4 = Swoll?

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,
I just started my 2nd Osta cycle last night. I had great results last winter at 25mg/ day, but I've read that a lot of people had great results at 12.5mg/ day so I'm going to try that at first. I decided to throw in some S4 at 50mg/ day (2 25mg doses). I'm going to run S4 for 4 weeks, osta for 8 weeks.
I'm hoping to see some impressive strength gains and add about 5-10 lbs of muscle.

Current stats
24 years old, 6'3", 181 lbs, ~12%bf.

Haven't maxed out on any lifts in 6 months, and I've lost some strength since then. My estimates would be:
Bench: 200
Squat: 285
Deadlift: 315

I know these lifts aren't impressive, but I'm a tall lankey bastard who's workin with what he has. I'm up about 20lbs from when I started lifting 2 years ago.

Let's do this...

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to do a periodization workout like I did last year, so I'm starting in the 10-12 reps range and slowly going heavier. I've been working out without a spotter for 6 months, so I'm probably missing a few reps per workout.

Last night's workout:

Chest/ tris

Flat bench: 155 x 11, 155 x 9, 155 x 8
Incline DB bench: 60s x 10, 60s x 8, 55s x 8
My triceps were fried at this point and ruining my chest workout. Damn Golds gym racks won't allow a wide grip with BB bench.
DB flys: 35s x 12, 10, 10
Downward cable flys? (Squeezing lower chest):
4 plates x 9, 3 plates x 12, 3 x 11
Tricep extensions: 10 plates x 12, 10 x 8, 8 x 11
Overhead tricep extensions: 8 plates x 11, 10, 9

My triceps were definitely exhausted. I've been slacking on them bad for the last 6 months, so they're getting gassed quickly. Today my chest is fairly sore, but my tris are sore as hell.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whazzzzzzzzup

bel1

Awards
subbed, for a while i was confused about what this 'pistol' compound is.. good luck on the run

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Subbed!! I did this run last summer in a similar fashion. Use the S4 on workout days only or 5 on and 2 off. I also split the dose at first but found better results taking the 50mg PWO. I only experienced the vision sides once when i was outside in the sun and went indoors it took longer for my vision to adjust to the lower light level but nothing significant. I also noticed that my stim tolerance went down significantly (especially with DMAA) so just something to note if you use any pre workout mixes.

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
Subbed!! I did this run last summer in a similar fashion. Use the S4 on workout days only or 5 on and 2 off. I also split the dose at first but found better results taking the 50mg PWO. I only experienced the vision sides once when i was outside in the sun and went indoors it took longer for my vision to adjust to the lower light level but nothing significant. I also noticed that my stim tolerance went down significantly (especially with DMAA) so just something to note if you use any pre workout mixes.
Thanks for the info brotha! I'll see how splitting it goes at first then try the single dosage pwo. How did ur cycle turn out? Strength, size?

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
Took the day off yesterday. Went for a late night session tonight.

Back/ Bis

Bent over rows: 115 x 11, 10, 9
Pull ups (pronated grip): 8, 6, 5
DB rows: 55 x 8, 7, 7
Face pulls: 100 x 12, 10, 10
Across body curls: 30s x 8, 7, 6
Hammer curls: 30s x 8, 7, 5 (drop set with 20s til burnout)

Pretty unhappy with some of my numbers here. I've fallen way off where I was. I used to do DB rows with 70 x 10, now its 55 x 8? Damn. Just don't have the endurance I did before.

Despite the crappy numbers, I had a great workout and fully exhausted my back and bis. Workouts like these are going to pay off.

Another day done!

bel1

Awards
would be great if you listed how many days it is into the cycle at the start of each entry

don't worry too much bro its just the beginning

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
would be great if you listed how many days it is into the cycle at the start of each entry

don't worry too much bro its just the beginning
Good idea. I'll start doing that

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the info brotha! I'll see how splitting it goes at first then try the single dosage pwo. How did ur cycle turn out? Strength, size?
The point of the cycle for me was a recomp and I heard osta may help with issues related to joints, tendons etc. I had tendonitis which was starting to go away at the time, overall it went well. My tendonitis felt considerably better and I had my strength back with my other lifts which suffered from not being able to put to much strain on my elbows. I'm not sure if the tendonitis would have went away without it but if I knew it would go away I would have waited until i was 100% again to run it.

Pride89

Pride89

Awards
  • Established
I also used osta but only at 10 mg ED for 4 weeks ( last two weeks i did run 20 mg but only on traning days) , felt some good joint relief, and I've ben having big lower back problems could not squat or deadlift, but thats all back now ! :)
Ill be ordering one more bottle to run with the remains of the osta i have.

Good luck with your run ! Will be watching for your progress

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
The point of the cycle for me was a recomp and I heard osta may help with issues related to joints, tendons etc. I had tendonitis which was starting to go away at the time, overall it went well. My tendonitis felt considerably better and I had my strength back with my other lifts which suffered from not being able to put to much strain on my elbows. I'm not sure if the tendonitis would have went away without it but if I knew it would go away I would have waited until i was 100% again to run it.
Oh okay cool. I've had tendonitis in my left knee from dunking too much when I was like 19-20. Building the muscles around it and less jumping has helped considerably. Still hurts to jump hard off one leg, but thanks to my new found leg strength (squats ftw) I can jam off two no problem. Hopefully this run will help even more

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
I also used osta but only at 10 mg ED for 4 weeks ( last two weeks i did run 20 mg but only on traning days) , felt some good joint relief, and I've ben having big lower back problems could not squat or deadlift, but thats all back now ! :)
Ill be ordering one more bottle to run with the remains of the osta i have.

Good luck with your run ! Will be watching for your progress
Glad to hear you're back to normal again!

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
Felt exhausted yesterday so I skipped the gym and caught up on some sleep. Hopin to squeeze in a workout between classes and work today

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Oh okay cool. I've had tendonitis in my left knee from dunking too much when I was like 19-20. Building the muscles around it and less jumping has helped considerably. Still hurts to jump hard off one leg, but thanks to my new found leg strength (squats ftw) I can jam off two no problem. Hopefully this run will help even more
Yea most people report having less joint/tendon issues after using osta for a few weeks so hopefully it'll help you out as well. The best part is that relief has lasted me up to this point so it really was a huge help. It is nice to be able to do bicep curls with decent weight again lol.

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
Yea most people report having less joint/tendon issues after using osta for a few weeks so hopefully it'll help you out as well. The best part is that relief has lasted me up to this point so it really was a huge help. It is nice to be able to do bicep curls with decent weight again lol.
Oh that's what's up man

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
Day 5

Haven't noticed any size or strength yet (wasn't expecting it either tho), but I think my appetite has increased. I've been eating constantly for the last couple days.

Workout: legs

Squats: 185 x 11, 10, 10, 9
Leg press: 285? x 12, 11, 10, 9, 9
Leg extensions: 100 x 10, 9, 8, 7

Worked out at a different gym today so I had some trouble using new machines. The leg press was badass and huge and weighed 105 without weights on it (its usually 50ish on ones I've used). And the leg extension machine allowed both legs to move independently. That felt really weird, but good. Made me really concentrate on each leg instead of just moving the weight.
Since I'm doing my periodization, I'm starting kind of light and going slow and through a full ROM. No impressive numbers, but I had a great pump when I walked out. Good stuff

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
Oh and I counted my macros yesterday too.

360c/154f/262p 4030 cals.

Prolly shoulda eaten a little more carbs and less fat, but not too bad

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
Day 6

Had to work all night so I took the day off from the gym. Legs are startin to feel pretty sore from yesterday so I expect to be laid up tomorrow. I don't give 2 sh!ts about football so I'll prolly go to the gym during the super bowl. I'll keep you updated

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
Day 8 (yesterday)

Workout: shoulders

Military press: 115 x 12, 8, 7
Lateral DB raises: 15s x 12, 11, 10, 9, 9, 8
Reverse flys: 15s x 12, 10, 10

I've been having great shoulder workouts lately. I finally checked my ego and have been going way lighter with great form. I was using 30s for laterals but slinging them up, now I go slow and controlled. I was getting a good pump so I went for 6 sets instead of my normal 3. Good stuff

Btw, I've gained like 4lbs since last time I weighed in. I've been eating like crazy and making weight gainer shakes too. Feel like I'm looking a tad leaner too. Idk.

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
Day 9

Was supposed to do chest/ tris today, but I was worried that my tris would be too tired from military pressing yesterday. So I'll do those tomorrow
Workout: back/ biceps

Bent over rows: 115 x 12, 11, 10
Pull ups (pro nated grip): 9, 7, 5
DB rows: 50 x 10, 9, 9
Face pulls: 120 x 11, 9, 8

Incline db curls: 30s x 8, 7, 25s x 10
Cross body hammer curls: 30s x 9, 8, 6 (drop set with 20s til failure)

Solid workout today. Prolly should've gone a bit lighter on some things so I could stay in the 10-12 rep range. I'm going heavier next week for 8-10 reps so I'll probably just use the same weight for those exercises.

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
Day 10

Workout: chest/ triceps

BB bench: 155 x 12, 11, 9
Reverse grip bb bench: 95 x 10, 9, 9
Flys: 30s x 12, 10, 10
Incline: 135 x 7, 115 x 10, 8
tricep extensions (straight bar): 100 x i, 90 x 10, 9
Tricep kickbacks (cable): 10 x 12, 11, 10

Had a great workout. Had a goal of hitting 115 x 12 and I did it. Next week I'm goin a bit heavier for 8-10 reps. I'm not sure if the sarms are kicking in yet, but I've had a few good workouts in a row. Considering I stopped creatine and beta alanine on the first day of the cycle, any progress is a great sign

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Day 10

Workout: chest/ triceps

BB bench: 155 x 12, 11, 9
Reverse grip bb bench: 95 x 10, 9, 9
Flys: 30s x 12, 10, 10
Incline: 135 x 7, 115 x 10, 8
tricep extensions (straight bar): 100 x i, 90 x 10, 9
Tricep kickbacks (cable): 10 x 12, 11, 10

Had a great workout. Had a goal of hitting 115 x 12 and I did it. Next week I'm goin a bit heavier for 8-10 reps. I'm not sure if the sarms are kicking in yet, but I've had a few good workouts in a row. Considering I stopped creatine and beta alanine on the first day of the cycle, any progress is a great sign
At the moment it sounds like the S4 is working good for you. Usually osta hits at the end of week 2 or beginning of week 3. You'll start noticing more of a pump feeling during your lifts and even faster recovery times.

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
At the moment it sounds like the S4 is working good for you. Usually osta hits at the end of week 2 or beginning of week 3. You'll start noticing more of a pump feeling during your lifts and even faster recovery times.
Yea. Last time I ran osta I started noticing increased endurance around week 3 then the strength came later. But I know s4 is supposed to kick in sooner so I think ur right

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
There seems to be some debate on whether to run any pct for sarms, but I'm going to at least run some DAA caps and ZMA. might throw in some erase too. And I'll be jumping back on creatine/ beta alanine, so I should keep my gains if not continue gaining. We'll see

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Yea S4 is immediate lol... When I stopped splitting the dose and just used the 50mg pre workout it was much more prominent. Definitely didn't have to guess if it was kicking in or not lol.

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
Yea S4 is immediate lol... When I stopped splitting the dose and just used the 50mg pre workout it was much more prominent. Definitely didn't have to guess if it was kicking in or not lol.
Oh I gotcha. I might try that before my next workout to see if its a noticable difference

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
Another thing. I think the vision sides are starting to show. It's been pretty subtle as I'm using a low dose of s4, but I noticed. Last night everything had a yellow tint to it. And today I noticed it took my eyes an extra few seconds to adjust to changing light. Certainly not interfering with my daily life or anything so I hope it doesn't get worse

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
Day 13 (yesterday)

I took the last 3 days off from the gym. Thursday- Saturday are my busiest days each week.

Workout: Legs

Squats: 185 x 12, 11, 10, 9, 9
Romanian deadlifts: 135 x 12, 10, 10
Leg press: 405 x 11, 10, 8

I wanted to do one more exercise, but the gym was closing so I had to leave. Solid workout tho. And I'll be back at the gym tonight to start week 3 going heavier

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
Day 14

Workout: shoulders/ calves

Military press: 135 x 8, 6, 5
Lateral DB raises: 17.5s x 10, 9, 8
Facepulls: 130x 10, 10, 9
Reverse flys: 17.5s x 10, 9, 9

Seated calf raises: 2 plates x 13, 12, 12, 12
Leg press calf raises: 405 x 10, 8, 8

Not a bad workout. That 135 on military press felt pretty damn heavy but I hit my goal of 8 reps on the first set. Next week I'm tryin to get 9.

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
Day 16

I just got back from an awesome workout. Pretty sure the ****'s kickin in.

Workout: chest/ tris
Goin a bit heavier now so I was shooting for 8 reps on flat bench.

Bench: 175 x 9!, 8, 6
Incline db press: 60s x 8, 7, 6
Decline: 135 x 8, 8, 7
Db flys: 35s x 9, 8, 8
Dips: body weight x 6, assisted by 50 lbs x 9, 8
Overhead db tricep extensions: 55 x 6, 50 x 6 (triceps were feeling weak at this point)
Tricep kickbacks: 15 x 8, 7

Hell of a workout. Had a beast pump going too. Triceps burned out toward the end but at least I know I worked em right

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
Day 17

Slept like sh!t last night and felt exhausted all day, but I had to get in the gym.

Workout: back/ bis

Bent over rows: 135 x 8, 7, 6
Chin ups: bodyweight x 9, 8, 6
Db rows: 55 x 8, 7, 6
Reverse flys: 20s x 8 (bad form), 15s x 10, 8

Hammer curls: 35s x 10, 8, 7
Concentration curls: 30 x 8, 7, 6 (drop set with 20 x 5)

Damn good workout today. Felt good and had a great pump in my bis.

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
General update:

Vision sides have been very mild. I really notice the yellow tint if I cover my eyes for a couple minutes, then look around a well lit room. Definitely not normal, but its no big deal.

Libido has been crazy lately. Maybe from the sarms, maybe from this new girl I met. Either way, she didn't let me get it in yet so I've been 'batin regularly. Strong erections, ejaculations, etc. Definitely been starin hard at girls asses on campus.

Strength hasn't been crazy, but good. Considering I've been off creatine for over 2 weeks, everything is great.

Weighed in tonight before leaving the gym. This was the first honest/ accurate weigh in thus far. I pissed right before, and hadn't drunk my protein shake yet. Said 184. Up 3 lbs in 2.5 weeks and lookin as lean as ever. Yet again, this is off creatine so I might have lost a bit of water weight there too.

Things are good so far. Excited to see more results soon

Mystere3

Awards
I'd probably weigh yourself in the morning to compare weights; mid day weights are notoriously variable. I think expecting to gain 10 lb LBM with your regimen is a bit optimistic; I think you'd be hard-pressed to do that even with 30+ mg of osta with 50-100 mg of S4. You should lean out and maybe put on a little LBM with it though.

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
I'd probably weigh yourself in the morning to compare weights; mid day weights are notoriously variable. I think expecting to gain 10 lb LBM with your regimen is a bit optimistic; I think you'd be hard-pressed to do that even with 30+ mg of osta with 50-100 mg of S4. You should lean out and maybe put on a little LBM with it though.
True. For my last osta run, I think I put on like 7 lbs or something. I just need to keep eating like crazy and maximize my gains. But if I can put on 5lbs without gaining fat... I'll take it

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
Day 21

Had to take a few days off from the gym because of work/ school. Got back to it today.

Workout: legs

Squats: 225 x 9, 8, 7
Smith reverse lunges: 115 x 8, 7, 7
Romanian deadlifts: 155 x 8, 7, 7
Leg press: 405 x 8, 7, 6
Leg extensions: 130 x 8, 7, 7 (drop set with 90 til failure then 60 til failure.)

Good ass workout today. Definitely noticing improved endurance. Stoked to hit chest tomorrow. Stay tuned...

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
Day 22

Bench: 175 x 10!, 9, 8
Reverse grip bench: 95 x 9, 8, 7
Incline bench: 135 x 8, 6, 6
Db flys: 35s x 8, 6, 6

Dips: assisted 40 lbs x 7, assisted 60 lbs x 8, 7
Rope tricep extensions: 80 x 10, 9, 7 (drop set with 50 til failure)

Great workout today. I'm really glad I hit 175 for 10 reps. Triceps were pretty tired from benching by the time I worked them solo. I had to go light at the end but I got a serious pump and worked em right.

Good sh!t

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
Day 23

Workout: back/ biceps

Chin ups: 10, 8, 7
Bent over row: 135 x 6, 115 x 8, 115 x 7
Db rows: 55 x 8, 7, 6
Rope face fulls: 130 x 8, 6, 110 x 8

Standing Ez bar curls: 60 x 10, 8, 7
Hammer curls: 35s x 6, 30s x 7, 30s x 6 (drop set with 20s til failure)

Not a bad workout today. Wish I had done the bent over rows before the chinups because it ruined my plan to get 9 reps with 135. Solid workout still. Might take tomorrow off. We'll see

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
Day 26 (Friday)

Workout: shoulders

Military press: 135 x 9!, 8, 6
Lateral db raises: 15s x 10, 9, 9, 8, 7, 7
Reverse db flys: 15s x 10, 9, 7

Solid workout. Definitely felt a nice pump/ burn in my shoulders

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
Day 28

Took the last 2 days off. Played some basketball today instead.

And I used the last of my S4 today so it's all osta now. I'm debating whether to up the dose.

Still not sure how long I'm going to run this stuff for. I think I want to start cutting in mid April, so I might run it until mid march then try to solidify my gains before cutting. Not sure yet tho

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I'd up it to 20-25.
Yea. I might do that. I'm still not sure whether I'm going to use any anabolics when I cut, so I gotta figure out how much osta I'll have left over for that. Still have a cycle's worth of helladrol too. Idk yet

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Yea. I might do that. I'm still not sure whether I'm going to use any anabolics when I cut, so I gotta figure out how much osta I'll have left over for that. Still have a cycle's worth of helladrol too. Idk yet
Yea running 20mg's osta for the last 2 weeks isn't a bad idea. Your planning on cutting during PCT?

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
Yea running 20mg's osta for the last 2 weeks isn't a bad idea. Your planning on cutting during PCT?
Nah, I'm gonna go for a month of pct, then cut. And we know that these sarms aren't super suppressive, so I'm not expecting my pct to be a big deal. I'm just gonna run some daa caps, creatine and beta alanine

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
Day 29

Bench: 175 x 11!, 9, 8
Decline: 155 x 8, 7, 6
Incline DB bench: 60s x 9, 8, 7
Incline Flys: 30s x 10, 8, 8

Nosebusters: 40 x 10, 8, 8
Rope tricep extensions: 80 x 9, 8, 7

Awesome workout. Stoked to hit 175 x 11. Upping to 185 next week and I should get 8 reps on that. Tris were worn out again toward the end but I didn't mind. I know I'm hitting em hard