FIRST CYCLE- test e only, help a newb

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.7%

Alright guys, so I'm officially going over to the dark side in about a months time. I've been lifting for 8 years, but in the last year I turned up the intensity big time. Couldn't tell you the last week I missed a day in the gym. I graduated high school at 135lbs. I was strong, but tiny and ripped. 6 years and 45 lbs. later I almost where I want to be but not quite.

Lets start with stats:
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: 180lb.
    BF%: idk, ****ty calculator at gym said 13% but i'm sure its higher than that as I can just start to see outlines of upper abs

PH cycle history
    - Alpha One/Pmag stack, PCT= tamox - 3 years ago, gained about ten, got back pumps, ****ty college diet and drinking
    - mdrol, PCT= torem/erase/creatine - 6 months ago, gained 20 lbs, no sides, felt like I could run through walls, kept every pound through post

Training- 5 days a week
    Mon- chest, tri, cardio
    Tues- back, bi, abs
    Wed- OFF
    Thurs- Legs, cardio
    Fri- Shoulders, traps, abs
    Sat- arms, cardio
    Sun- off

Lifts- (in lbs):
    Bench- 325x1
    Deadlift- 315x8
    Squat- 225x10 yes, thats lightweight bebe, but im nursing a knee injury so im going light and slow reps...I go a little heavier on leg press without any knee agitation
    Leg Press- 825x8
    Dbell Shoulder Press- 85x10

The gear:
    Test-e (in hand): 10 weeks, 600mg per week, 300mg each shot on mon. and thurs.
    AI: waiting to purchase, thinking arimidex-EOD. Thoughts? Should I run throughout cycle or as needed? will it hinder gains if I run throughout to be safe?
    PCT (in hand): Clomid, two weeks after last pin, plan to dose 100/50/50/50

Other supps:
    Multivitamin
    Fishoil
    liv 52
    protein

diet is fairly clean, don't necessarily count each calorie but this is what a typical day of meals looks like for me.
    m1- bowl of whole grain cereal, banana
    m2- post gym, 4 egg omlet, greek yogurt w granola, protein shake
    m3- lunch, 2 cans o tuna, no mayo
    m4- large bowl of mixed fruit
    m5- grilled chicken salad w balsamic, 2 hardboiled eggs
    m6- night time protein shake

How am I looking? Don't want to miss anything before pulling the trigger

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.08%

Meal 1 and meal 4 both need protein source. Shouldnt eat any meals without protein. Grab bottle of organ shield from eBay or amazon(14-17$) to keep bp and cholesteral in check. Little young but if your gonna do it at least you've done homework. Run AI on cycle if you need it but definitely run with serm in pct
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.84%

600mg a week is tooo much start low trust me.start at 600 and in a few years youll be taking out a million dollar loan on your next cycle.. start 350-400mg id say maybe do 500 if youre a thick head but i vote lower
    Future IFBB pro. Glory to God. "The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that." - Arnold
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.68%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

I started same age but a bit heavier at 300mg a week and blew up. I would consider a lower dose but that's just me
    Rep For IronFlex
    Use the CODE MCCREW20 to save 20% off of EVERYTHING on the IronFlex site.
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.06%

300-400 is a great starting range. You should start slow because you will always want to go crazier with next cycle. So next can be 400-500 and then you can throw in an oral. Next can be 600 mg or add a different oral or oil etc. If you start high now it eliminates future cycles. Starting slow is most important in aas. Remember its a marathon not a sprint!
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.84%

Quote Originally Posted by Viking23 View Post
    300-400 is a great starting range. You should start slow because you will always want to go crazier with next cycle. So next can be 400-500 and then you can throw in an oral. Next can be 600 mg or add a different oral or oil etc. If you start high now it eliminates future cycles. Starting slow is most important in aas. Remember its a marathon not a sprint!
    bro first cycle im thinking about

prop EOD 200mg
    tren 150mg weekly
    SD 1-12 30mg
    dbol bridge inbetween this and my next cycle of 20mg
    and for PCT i got this new OTC suff that just came out... think ill make gainz
    Future IFBB pro. Glory to God. "The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that." - Arnold
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.68%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Mperkins View Post

prop EOD 200mg
    tren 150mg weekly
    SD 1-12 30mg
    Name:  cd42a685f56347ab36b441f67073f6f5e892c36719c9976098fbc14f02890c11.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  56.9 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.84%

Quote Originally Posted by McCrew530 View Post
    Name:  cd42a685f56347ab36b441f67073f6f5e892c36719c9976098fbc14f02890c11.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  56.9 KB
    whats so funny? science says: go big or go home
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.68%

whats so funny? science says: go big or go home
    Its the winkey face its throwing me off idk if you are joking or not.
    Rep For IronFlex
    Use the CODE MCCREW20 to save 20% off of EVERYTHING on the IronFlex site.
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.06%

prop EOD 200mg
    tren 150mg weekly
    SD 1-12 30mg
    You don't even need pct for this cycle. Honestly its a little week. Throw 400 mg if deca in week 6 and run up to the end of your bridge. And then use your otc pct. Hope you like ed pills!

P.s. don't take any nitro with your ed pills smart a$$
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.06%

Also remember that you want to always have your serms and ai's on hand . That being said you don't want to use them unless you absolutely need because of two reasons. First is that estrogen is needed to make gains. And more importantly ai's are very harsh on the users lipids, so if you can not use them it will be a healthier cycle with better gains.

In my opinion it is smart to see where you can run test without getting sides. Some people can run 500 mg's without sides where some can't go above 300. I believe finding that baseline is important. It makes it easier to plan next cycles once you find your limit. Also remember that as you get older you become more prone to sides.
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.84%

Quote Originally Posted by Viking23 View Post
    You don't even need pct for this cycle. Honestly its a little week. Throw 400 mg if deca in week 6 and run up to the end of your bridge. And then use your otc pct. Hope you like ed pills!

P.s. don't take any nitro with your ed pills smart a$$
    good idea... illdrink some deca withmy post workout protein shake. i think for breakfast to save time and needles ill just pour my SD in a bowl and pour my tren in it and eat it with a spoon
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.06%

good idea... illdrink some deca withmy post workout protein shake. i think for breakfast to save time and needles ill just pour my SD in a bowl and pour my tren in it and eat it with a spoon
    Now your thinking. You can dissolve the SD in water and mainline it too if you really want to get nutty. How did this get started lol? We are shot!
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.7%

Thanks for the input guys, Ill start the cycle between 3-400 mgs a week and see how it goes from there. Id rather have the cycle stretch to 12 weeks anyway.

- Should I add a daa to my post cycle? any suggestions on a good one?
    - What are the signs I should start using the arimidex? Am I just worrying about excessive bloat, or early signs of gyno like sensitive, itchy nipples? I only want to use it if I have to. What should I look out for?
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.7%

Also, how does the clomid dosing looks? I feel like a read different dosing opinions every time I open a thread.

Random thought, but having this gear on hand and not starting is TORTURE.
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.06%

A test only a cycle is pretty simple so I would just run it 50/50/50;25/25. I even run that with more complex cycles except maybe the first few days I would do 100 mgs
  17. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.64%

Will be following this thread as we are near the same size and age and I'm about to start my first test e cycle as well. Go noobs!
  18. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.22%

In my opinion what would be the point of running 300\mg of test for 12 weeks .your better off with your original idea whether you run 300 or 600 your more than likely going to shut down your natural test so why not get the most out of it.. Honestly 600mg a week is a pretty low dose cycle I would run 300mg of tren a week with that to get the most out of it... You have plenty of room to up your cycles in the future their are ppl who run up to 2000mg of T a week..
  19. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.06%

Quote Originally Posted by Mike542 View Post
    In my opinion what would be the point of running 300\mg of test for 12 weeks .your better off with your original idea whether you run 300 or 600 your more than likely going to shut down your natural test so why not get the most out of it.. Honestly 600mg a week is a pretty low dose cycle I would run 300mg of tren a week with that to get the most out of it... You have plenty of room to up your cycles in the future their are ppl who run up to 2000mg of T a week..
    600 mg of test is not a low dose. To many guys are running under dosed gear IMO. I see a lot of guys running a gram a gear but aren't getting the results.
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.7%

This is what I decided, I have 2 viles of test at 300 mg/ml. I'm going to pin 7/10 ml (about 210 mg) twice a week. That will put me at about 420 mg a week. I figure that's a good starting point, not too high not too low...plus it will allow me to run longer than ten weeks, I always hear ten weeks is when things just start getting good.
  21. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.06%

Quote Originally Posted by BeastMode13 View Post
    This is what I decided, I have 2 viles of test at 300 mg/ml. I'm going to pin 7/10 ml (about 210 mg) twice a week. That will put me at about 420 mg a week. I figure that's a good starting point, not too high not too low...plus it will allow me to run longer than ten weeks, I always hear ten weeks is when things just start getting good.
    Now your learning op! Good stuff man kill it!
  22. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.7%

Might as well throw up a few before pics to gauge progress. Leaned out a little more since these. Ill post a real back pic in a little, these are just what i have lying around.

23. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.96%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

In this bitch. Good luck my dude.

I didn't see any mention of HCG?
  24. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.7%

with the recent research i've done it seems like hcg isn't needed for such a basic cycle. thats the conclusion that i've come to anways.

I should probably also mention I plan to cut on this cycle. I always put off cutting to continue bulking because i fear losing muscle. My theory is that with the test, ill maintain my mass, maybe even gain more, while cutting fat.
  25. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.96%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

with the recent research i've done it seems like hcg isn't needed for such a basic cycle. thats the conclusion that i've come to anways.

I should probably also mention I plan to cut on this cycle. I always put off cutting to continue bulking because i fear losing muscle. My theory is that with the test, ill maintain my mass, maybe even gain more, while cutting fat.
    Really? All of my research suggests otherwise, starting around week 3 through pct. It's cheap (at the right place) and subq. Better safe than sorry imo.
  26. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.06%

Hcg should only be used during pct when someone is not responding to typical pct protocol. For advanced cycles you would hcg as a blast before pct and then clomid Nolva combined. Hcg will suppress the user so during pct that's not good. It shuts down the pituitary gland, so even though your nuts are full they still aren't working.
    For a basic cycle one serm will be enough. For advanced use both.

And the it may be a different gland as I am only going off the top of my head but it does suppress the user.
  27. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.22%

Viking your advice is spot on except for the hcg mimics the signal from the pituitary so in essence your nuts are working when on the hcg but as soon as its taken out of your system they'll stop producing until the nolva pushes your Lh production back into action. The reason its good for the end of the cycle is that it speeds up recovery time because you nuts are already alive when your LH is beginning to return instead of having to wait for them to come out of atrophy. I do agree with you in beasts case hcg may not be totally necessary but I guess it couldn't hurt to be totally sure you get the fastest recovery time..
  28. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.7%

Unfortunately i'm low on funds, its been hard enough to stack up this test, pct, ai, 4 months of protein, multi, etc. I've found that most people using the hcg are running long cycles. It def wouldn't hurt, but if I can get away without it i'm going to. I refuse to cycle without having everything, i mean EVERYTHING on hand. sup stack is looking ridiculous right now.

In other news i'm going to be sitting down with a buddy of mine that competes. We are going to log my workout routine, diet, and cycle plan to the day. Once i got everything down on paper Ill have it posted here and keep it updated from the first pin to the last day of pct.
  29. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.22%

Unfortunately i'm low on funds, its been hard enough to stack up this test, pct, ai, 4 months of protein, multi, etc. I've found that most people using the hcg are running long cycles. It def wouldn't hurt, but if I can get away without it i'm going to. I refuse to cycle without having everything, i mean EVERYTHING on hand. sup stack is looking ridiculous right now.

In other news i'm going to be sitting down with a buddy of mine that competes. We are going to log my workout routine, diet, and cycle plan to the day. Once i got everything down on paper Ill have it posted here and keep it updated from the first pin to the last day of pct.
    I don't blame you not wanting to run the hcg its really not necessary for this cycle and some ppl don't run it at all for any cycle its not a necessity but at the very least make sure sure you get nolva to bring your natural T back. If you have a friend experienced with the process that's your best route.
  30. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.7%

Wouldn't a single SERM like clomid do the trick.
  31. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.22%

Wouldn't a single SERM like clomid do the trick.
    Yea If that's easily available for you than that's fine but its my understanding nolva is much better . It doesn't matter which you use as long as you use one lol
  32. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.7%

Yea I have clomid on hand. I also hear people arguing nolva vs. clomid both ways so i guess its another "to each his own" kind of thing. I was thinking about adding a daa to the pct though.
  33. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.06%

Yea I have clomid on hand. I also hear people arguing nolva vs. clomid both ways so i guess its another "to each his own" kind of thing. I was thinking about adding a daa to the pct though.
    Yeah man its just preference. Both work similar yet one is better at blocking e2 at the receptors (Nolva) and the other brings back the the testes quicker (clomid). If you are on a basic cycle like a oral only or even a test and oral you can certainly get away with just one serm. Once you start getting into cycles longer than 12 weeks and cycles with multiple compounds (tren, deca, eq, mast, orals, etc) it would be best to run both clomid and Nolva. These longer cycle depending on what is used and for how long should also have hcg lightly ran from the start or blast hcg during the last few weeks of cycle, or if your using a long ester blast hcg while the esters clear.

You should never use hcg during pct unless the testes are not reacting properly to the pct protocol I just listed then hcg can be ran during pct.
  34. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.7%

thanks viking you've been a great help, what are your thoughts on adding a daa like dpol to pct. is the otc stuff a waste?
  35. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.06%

thanks viking you've been a great help, what are your thoughts on adding a daa like dpol to pct. is the otc stuff a waste?
    Yoo certainly can run them but idt they are all that good. Alot of people use them but I am not sold. If you want to run them to see if it works for you do it. Although if I was to use them I would run it after pct as a natural stack to make it feel like I was still on something. Just as a mental fix.

I would use creatine the same way. I would start creatine the last week of cycle so it has time to build up in system for pct. Your body really learns to find an equilibrium so when you are constantly on the same stuff it kind of peaks and then just maintains in my experience. So I like to keep some things for pct just to try and prevent this. You should also change your protein powder a few times a year as well.
  36. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.22%

I would use your clomid and youll be gtg .as far as the daa product I agree with Viking I would use that after pct if at all I just don't trust them to do what they say ..
  37. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.76%

Quote Originally Posted by DREA_25 View Post
    Will be following this thread as we are near the same size and age and I'm about to start my first test e cycle as well. Go noobs!
    im following for the same exact reasons. I'm starting at 300 mgs and going up 50 mgs every 4 weeks for 12 weeks, so I'll be finishing around 400 if everything goes as planned.
  38. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.22%

Quote Originally Posted by DNA24 View Post
    im following for the same exact reasons. I'm starting at 300 mgs and going up 50 mgs every 4 weeks for 12 weeks, so I'll be finishing around 400 if everything goes as planned.
    That's a good first run make sure to get yourself an anti estro just in case some unwanted side effects arise.
  39. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.22%

Sorry for the double post but on a side note Beast be careful doing to much ab work when running your first cycle .I kno for me when im juicing if I do a lot of abs or to be perfectly honest I do almost no abs because they have a tendency to grow quickly and you pretty much use them in every exercise anyway so if you don't be careful you will spoil your symmetry .just keep an eye on whats growing quickly and whats not and act accordingly you don't want to end up with a big roid belly and be all out of proportion (assuming of course your aim is to build a bodybuilders frame).
  40. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.7%

Yea, def don't want a roid gut. only doing one day of abs on leg day, all body weight high rep stuff

Similar Forum Threads

1. First cycle, Test E only. Opinions?
    By JPen in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-10-2013, 05:01 AM
  2. First cycle test e only
    By Dixihorn69 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-01-2011, 03:53 PM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-02-2010, 12:06 PM
  4. First Cycle - Test E Only