TinyGuy (Nick's) Prohormone winter bulk journey

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Currently running a quad stack ph consisting of Methylclostabol,Hexadrone,Epistane and Trenavar. It's day 4 and i have some noticeable strength increases, vascularity is showing and i am getting slightly leaner which is surprising considering i am eating 4500-5k+ calories! Weight today this morning was 213Lbs.

Starting stats
208Lbs
6' 1"
BEFORE BULK:
Weight:
208Lbs
Body fat Skin fold Caliper:
Leg 6mm
Abs: 19mm
Chest: 2mm
Measurements:
Waist: 34.5"
Chest: 44.5"
Shoulders: 51"
Arms: 16.8"
Legs: 26.25"
Calves: 16"

Training Split is 3x5 (3 sets of 5) I was originally doing 5x5 but plateau'd, Am actually making way better progress with this!
Day 1: Squat
Day 2: Rows/Pull Ups/Barbell Shrugs
Day 3: Bench Press/Tricep Extension, May rotate Bench with OHP for less shoulder stress
Day 4: Squat/Deadlift
Day 5: Hollow Body Pull Ups/Rows
Day 6: Overhead Press/Close Grip Bench
Day 7: Rest

Not a day in my life i would think only hitting 3 sets HARD would make me grow and my joints feel 100x better already.

Running livercare on cycle 2-4 caps per day.

PCT is Tamoxifen Citrate 40/40/20/20 and D aspartic acid as well

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Thanks for following man!

So today morning weight was 212Lbs, Strength is up a little bit as well
Back/5x5
Weighted Chin-Ups: BW + 5lbs x 5, +10lbs x 5,5
Barbell Rows: 155 x 8 x 4
Leg Raises: 4 sets of 12,12,10,10
Squat practice

Feeling really sore today i am thinking about taking tomorrow off instead of doing overhead press. If my shoulder is feeling better i will definitely hit it!

Training with this amount of volume seems to be perfect, my joints feel way better and i am getting stronger faster.

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Thanks for the support, skinnybones!

Well today i am on the fence on if i should take my rest day now or tomorrow. My shoulder felt a little overstretched during squat practice, I feel pretty good today but i am going to wait and see. Weight this morning is 212Lbs. So i am holding steady up 4Lbs so far, I am noticing a slightly leaner mid section but not by much. Good thing i am tracking everything!

Today will be Overhead Press 3x5 and Close Grip Bench 3x8 followed by some ab/Lower back work, Maybe some glute ham raises as well.

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Just got back from training Overhead Press/Close Grip Bench

Overhead Press: 125 x 3 x 5, 115 x 5, 95 x 5
Close Grip Bench: 155 x 8, 145 x 8,8,7
Heavy DB Shrugs + Holds: 100s x 12,11 110s x 8 + Hold until grip failure
Leg Raises Constant Tension Legs Straight: 15,12,11,8

My overhead press has been stalled for a while but i have just started the 3 sets of 5 approach, hit it pretty well today. Next workout will be 130 and i should get it no problem. Adjusted my grip to middle of my thumbnail.
Bench has been a struggle as well but i tried a tighter arch today with my feet tucked back more and it was definitely better. I hope dropping to 3 x 5 does the trick!
No squat practice today, letting my shoulder heal up 100% for Squatting on Monday. Tomorrow is my day off, gonna stuff my face and try to get 6000 Calories :)

smoker145

Your shoulder bothers you for squats? I have a similar problem at times. If you have acess to a ssb, you should use it

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Your shoulder bothers you for squats? I have a similar problem at times. If you have acess to a ssb, you should use it
Yeah it only flares up when i crank my elbows down to keep my chest up. I forgot to mobilize it before practicing my squat, usually don't have an issue! I do have one as well, got it ready in case i need it!

Today is a good ol' rest day and eating lots of food :)

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Weight today is 210lbs, how the hell am i dropping weight on 4500+ calories a day??! Anyways i am eating even more now.

Squats/RDL
255 x 3 sets of 5 reps, Getting close to breaking my all time 5 RM which i set at 250lbs!
RDL: 275 x 5, 4 no straps, 3 no straps

Killed it today i am feeling pretty good, reps were a little slower today and last set i accidentally set the bar too high so it was a high bar squat LOL got them all on video, will upload later today! Warmed up a lot better today, i actually am hitting depth a ton easier and i am almost squatting TOO low haha

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Nice buddy
i agree ......very nice numbers.
you can never get too low ... ha

Thanks guys, i am not satisfied with them my goal is 315 x 5. Legs definitely are growing and i did a skinfold caliper on my abdominal area today averaged 16mm so that's -2mm in a week. Very surprising!!

BW is at 212Lbs today

Yesterdays Squats
[video=youtube;5rWIX8mWa1k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rWIX8mWa1k[/video]

Today: Back/deadlift supplemental exercises
Barbell rows: 190 x 6 x 5
Weighted chins: +10 x 5 x 3 and Overhand BW x 8,7
Deadlift practice: 135 x 5 sets of 3
Squat practice: 95lbs x 2 sets of 3 reps

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Good video !
Looking good as well. Keep pumping!!

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Nice. Remember to keep a big chest my man on squats.
Definitely, the part that screws me up is when i get close to failure or max set effort. First reps always look good then it goes down hill, Thanks for the tip!

Good video !
Looking good as well. Keep pumping!!
Thanks man, i got another of me doing chins/rows today i'll get them up later.

smoker145

No problem. My squat is horrible. My chest used to sink in, now since I'm aware I don't tend to do it much. I'm liking your progress man.

Keep after it!

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
I'm in, just curious but what company are you using for your quad stack?

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
No problem. My squat is horrible. My chest used to sink in, now since I'm aware I don't tend to do it much. I'm liking your progress man.

Keep after it!
Hey thanks i really appreciate it, i was surprised you guys are positive i was more so expecting. "how the hell are you so weak for your size?" i used to train strictly time under tension holy crap you can build a ton of size that way. I do like the simplicity of this though, i noticed my quads are looking slightly more separated and a little bigger. Gotta love squats!!

I'm in, just curious but what company are you using for your quad stack?
Thanks for joining in man!!

smoker145

I would never say that. That has been said to me, and it's discouraging and wrong to say something like that.
Everyone is different. While a certain exercise might be easy for me, someone else might struggle badly with it, and vice versa.
Everyone starts somewhere, i remember when I looked at 135 for the bench and thought id never reach that. Now that's just part of a warmup before working sets.

My numbers are pretty poor, but I get up everyday and want to improve. It's addicting and a lot of fun.

Keep up the good work my man!

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
I would never say that. That has been said to me, and it's discouraging and wrong to say something like that. Everyone is different. While a certain exercise might be easy for me, someone else might struggle badly with it, and vice versa. Everyone starts somewhere, i remember when I looked at 135 for the bench and thought id never reach that. Now that's just part of a warmup before working sets. My numbers are pretty poor, but I get up everyday and want to improve. It's addicting and a lot of fun. Keep up the good work my man!
Great advice!

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
I would never say that. That has been said to me, and it's discouraging and wrong to say something like that.
Everyone is different. While a certain exercise might be easy for me, someone else might struggle badly with it, and vice versa.
Everyone starts somewhere, i remember when I looked at 135 for the bench and thought id never reach that. Now that's just part of a warmup before working sets.

My numbers are pretty poor, but I get up everyday and want to improve. It's addicting and a lot of fun.

Keep up the good work my man!
Great advice!
I really appreciate that post and agree with ya, i just always expect some sort of bs since it's the internet you know? Well speaking of bench i am off to do just that! Hoping to improve my technique and maybe hit a PR. :)

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
I really appreciate that post and agree with ya, i just always expect some sort of bs since it's the internet you know? Well speaking of bench i am off to do just that! Hoping to improve my technique and maybe hit a PR. :)
Go kill it man!

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Ok so i decided to go for broke today and i hit 225 x 3 paused on bench with elbow wraps. Pretty surprised by this but my joints/tendons need a BREAK, i talked with a highly intelligent buddy of mine who suggested i train higher volume on cycle and in pct go back to 5x5 to maintain higher intensity and take advantage of higher training volume capacity on cycle, i think it's a great idea plus my body needs a break to a small degree. Tomorrow for squats the plan is 175x10 sets of 10 reps GVT style! using 60% of my 1rm like prescribed. I have put about 30lbs on my 5rm so this will be a good change of pace, in pct i am aiming for some big PR's without a doubt. Once i hit 10 sets of 10 with the prescribed weight i will add 5lbs 2.5 per side. Doing the same for pressing/back movements. Joints are pretty beat up, gotta reset.

Weight today was 210lbs
Bench: 185 x 3, 155 x 9, 165 x 5, 225 x 3, 245 x 1 (idk about this think my spotter helped said he didn't but meh)
Lying Tri Ext: 35 x 10,10 45 x 10,10 wiped out no strength at all.

Even though 225 was my goal i did it with some beefy wraps and i felt like they helped too much, i have no ego with this i want it 100% legit to myself!

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You'll get there ... Your pretty close all ready & the rides not over yet. :)

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards

smoker145

They're very cool and useful. You get used to heavier weight and say your max is 235, you can rep 5+ of 235 with the slingshot

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
They're very cool and useful. You get used to heavier weight and say your max is 235, you can rep 5+ of 235 with the slingshot
Oh wow that would really overload the triceps/lockout too i never thought about that..

Well today i went to GVT but i really messed up my starting weight, I went with the higher of the % of 1rm being 60, i should of used 50 this **** is INSANE!!! Was really really hard, timed every single rest period i almost vomited about 4x, 3 of which were mid-set from holding my air.
German Volume Training for squats is 50-60% of 1RM for 10 sets of 10 reps with 90 seconds rest between each set. It is used to allow the joints to recover and allow the olympic weight lifting athletes to put on lean mass while shedding bodyfat, most went up a full weight class in 12 weeks. This is some hardcore training no joke!

175 x 10 x 4 Sets
155 x 10 x 3 Sets
135 x 10 x 3 Sets

Next squat workout i am going with 155, the 175 KICKED MY ASS. Form improved greatly by 7th set. The program claims your form will improve drastically from the volume. I am in love with this, it was so hard guys i hope you try this!! One of the most challenging squat variations i have tried. I got a video of me at 155, you can hear me struggling to breathe LOL

Weight was 216lbs today!! woooohooo!

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Oh wow that would really overload the triceps/lockout too i never thought about that..

Well today i went to GVT but i really messed up my starting weight, I went with the higher of the % of 1rm being 60, i should of used 50 this **** is INSANE!!! Was really really hard, timed every single rest period i almost vomited about 4x, 3 of which were mid-set from holding my air.

175 x 10 x 4
155 x 10 x 3
135 x 10 x 3

Next squat workout i am going with 155, the 175 KICKED MY ASS. Form improved greatly by 7th set. The program claims your form will improve drastically from the volume. I am in love with this, it was so hard guys i hope you try this!! One of the most challenging squat variations i have tried. I got a video of me at 155, you can hear me struggling to breathe LOL

Weight was 216lbs today!! woooohooo!
F**kn nice dude!! I wish I could have been there to do some sets to. Sounds like you had a really good day today. Sweet numbers. :) keep mashing!!

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
F**kn nice dude!! I wish I could have been there to do some sets to. Sounds like you had a really good day today. Sweet numbers. :) keep mashing!!
Ha and up 8 pounds !!
Dude this was soooo much harder than i anticipated, i used my phone to make sure i hit the prescribed rest intervals. After i finished the 10 sets i was disoriented for about 30 minutes afterwards. Legs shaking and twitching, with that said i bet this will build some insanely strong and huge legs without a doubt. My lower back was fried as well. Every damn muscle in my body is going to be sore tomorrow...

Your killin it man! Can't wait for the rest of the log!
Me too! I am fried today man about to get some of the best sleep i have had in a long time LOL

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Real nice work bro!
Thanks man, by the last 3 sets i had my form dialed in really good. I got so tired that the ONLY way i could move that bar perfectly was with everything in place. I was driving my elbows too much forward putting unnecessary strain on my shoulder and losing some upper back tightness. Focused on driving my knees out even harder which allowed me to squat a lot deeper and still use my hips.

Here's the one video i managed to shoot lmao, god dammit i only got 8. It's so hard to keep track of reps when all these little technical form intricacies are there..

[video=youtube;oSn2ns8sKNk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSn2ns8sKNk[/video]

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yea .. Good video very cool.
Might be a challenge using the toilet tomorrow :)

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Yea .. Good video very cool.
Might be a challenge using the toilet tomorrow :)
I am scared man you have no idea, i am looking into a chest supported row or pull up for tomorrow 10x10 then leaving. Nothing fancy what so ever

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
I am still alive!! LOL my legs are already pretty damn sore, tomorrow is going to suck the sack haha

Did Back today 10x10, started conservatively since yesterday i experienced the wrath of being greedy!
Barbell row Shoulder Width Grip: 105 x 10 x 10, hit all the sets with the rest. Next workout will be 115 x 10 x 10
Chin ups: BW @ 212lbs x 10,10,5,3
Leg raises: 5 sets of 10 with 30 seconds rest

I noticed that Charles poliquin suggested 10x10 chins, wow i wish i was that strong at them the arm/back size that could be obtained from that would be insane, maybe in the future.

Felt a little dizzy again after this LOL

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Ok so BOOM today i am at 214Lbs Morning weight! Training my overhead press 10x10 later and then some tricep variation, was thinking floor press or bench dips? Floor press seems like it'd be a better choice since i want to improve my bench without thrashing my shoulder!

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Overhead Press/Barbell Shrugs/Floor Press: 214Lbs BW
Overhead Press: 70 x 10 x 10, 4 sets were 60 seconds rest and the others were 90 seconds, it felt sooo light the first sets i couldn't help myself but by the 9th set i was DYING LOL
Barbell Shrugs Double Overhand Grip: 155 x 10 x 10, 60 seconds rest. Should of started 165 but still good.
Floor Press with Pause: 135 x 8,8,8 140 x 8

Floor press felt really goofy, pretty sure my form wasn't the best but i really liked how the exercise felt. I struggle mid point so this is PERFECT for me. Plus it doesn't kill my shoulder so i have a way to improve my bench on my 2nd pressing day. :)

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
So today was squat 10x10, i tried 160 and was SOOOOOO CLOSE, got 8 sets the last two i broke up into sets of 3-4 reps with 30 seconds rest. I was so fatigued that i could NOT feel my legs. Literally didn't know what i was squatting down to but every single rep was below parallel. I am sticking with 160 for next session, this **** if CRAZY. Had some guy try to tell me it wasn't hard, laughed in his face told him to go try it. Guarantee he'll half squat anyways since everyone's ego is up their ass. GVT will humble the hell out of you.
BW today was 215Lbs!
Squat: 160 x 10 x 8 sets then 2 sets were made up of 3-4 reps 30 seconds rest until i hit 20 more reps, this technically was the same but it allowed me to focus on form on those last reps where everything breaks down. So almost like 60-70 seconds rest instead of 90 so maybe it was actually harder... LOL
Got a video of me on my 6th set, i was wiped out even at this point but still grinded em out, It's hard to tell but i could NOT breath and i was dry heaving after the 4-5th sets. I feel so happy i finished this today!!

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
[video=youtube;V_brSQqfFkk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_brSQqfFkk&feature=youtu.be[/video]

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
213Lbs today, strength is starting to go up!
Back/Row Day 10 x 10 (90 second rest)
115 x 10 x 10 did these with 3-4 second negatives, will do this with rows until i need to move the bar faster to get better lat/back stimulation. Next workout i am going to cut my rest periods to 45 seconds, essentially doubling the amount of work done. So far when i increase the weight it is just too much, all that volume adds up really really fast. Intensity is defined as higher % of 1rm or more work done in less time. I am aiming for more work less time! Back is actually growing lats are popping out more.
Chin Ups: BW x 12,12,10. PR on these the first set i could of gotten 14. I might actually rotate these to 10x10 once i hit 20 reps!!

So strength is definitely going up, i am looking a little bigger too. Let the games begin!
I am contemplating 3 days on 1 day off, mainly to let me heal up for squats because they destroy me. This training style is no joke!

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nice dude. Still looking good. Your form looks much better as well even for your 6th set. I love them little vids. Keep em coming. You don't ever use a belt?
I think your gym is cool ... I never see anyone there, nice and private:)

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Nice dude. Still looking good. Your form looks much better as well even for your 6th set. I love them little vids. Keep em coming. You don't ever use a belt?
I think your gym is cool ... I never see anyone there, nice and private:)
Well i found that "sweet spot" for my upper back tightness and that probably helped a lot too! Glad you enjoy them man i will keep them coming. I don't use a belt at all, just never have. I love working there it's a real old school atmosphere everyone works hard, it's not usually too busy either!

I also have a key so i can even go after hours if i wanted :)

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Okay i started conservatively with bench since i have had shoulder/elbow issues with it. With that said, i REALLY enjoyed my session today!!
Bench 105 x 10 x 10 with 90 seconds rest, Grip with middle finger on rings and brought the bar a little higher. Felt really good to be honest i can "press in a straight line" better from this position and have no pain at all unless i lockout HARD which i avoid. 10x10 is going to improve my bench form drastically and blow my chest up for sure!
Barbell Shrugs: 165 x 10 x 10 with 60 seconds rest felt strong, gonna go up to 175 next session my grip strength is improving.
Dips: 8,6,6

Dips have always been a double edged sword for me they either work extremely well or mess up my shoulder so as a precaution i cut some depth out of it and did them extremely slow. I really really like the exercise but i need to make it work for me and not against me. Felt strong today really solid session, from now on i am taking 1 day off before and 1 day off after my 10x10 squat day. I just need some more time to recover!! To be honest i think i might lower my weight again for squats, i want to actually complete all 10 sets of 10!!! This is the consequence of starting too heavy and being greedy which i will never make this mistake again!

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
[video=youtube;ysNtsu0bDvI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysNtsu0bDvI&feature=youtu.be[/video]​

Random measurement i took today, arms are at 17" finally :D Pretty awesome considering i do no direct arm training anymore!

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
A lot of good advice there. I hope some newbs watch & learn, instead of talking sh*t about things they don't know.
Keep killing dude!