Serving the Iron Legion: Mithras, Epistane, and Trenavar - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 3

Serving the Iron Legion: Mithras, Epistane, and Trenavar

Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  203 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Good luck sounds like you've got a good plan. I'm big on listening to your body. I take rest weeks and deloads more than most because I'm auto-immune. So I've really learned the importance. If I don't I get hurt or overtained
    WWW.ANDRO FACTORY.COM
    Use NADDANME for a 15% discount or PM me for current discounts

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by NADDANME View Post
    Good luck sounds like you've got a good plan. I'm big on listening to your body. I take rest weeks and deloads more than most because I'm auto-immune. So I've really learned the importance. If I don't I get hurt or overtained
    ^^^ this. All too often people ignore the telltale signs that they are overdoing it and end up with an injury. Props man.
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Awesome accomplishments, & agree with the other gents. You heal & grow out of the gym.
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
    Coupon code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbitnutrition.com
    •   

4. New Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Some brief updates as to how everything is going, unfortunately things have gone rocky as of late:

1. Shoulder strain is still very tender, I worked up to a 285x1 (with commands) today and that is likely all the bench work I will do for this week.

2. Tweaked my hip flexor (or groin, I'm not sure) during warmups for some volume squats. I'm not sure what happened exactly but it has been aggravated since and is extended to deadlifts.

3. High calories over the past few weeks have caught up with me and my lower back fat stores seem to have exploded. Somewhat inconsequential as far as strength is concerned but not pleasing--though this is par the course. I'm currently weighing ~185-186.

----

Any advice as to how to proceed this week would be appreciated. I wanted to simply take my openers but the groin strain is making me very nervous. As it is I had to alter my form somewhat for the presses and could still feel that I was in the "danger zone" so to speak.

I am considering just bypassing all compound movements this week and doing nothing but mobility, cardio, and volume isolation for smaller muscle groups.

With the meet 13 days away the pressure is on and I want to be able to perform and perform well. On the flip side I feel like the strains are going to make me lose a lot of prep time.
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

You can't train if you're injured. Further injuring yourself will not help. Keep it to the stuff you listed til you're ready, train for a few days, & take more time off right before the meet (many guys take the wk off before anyway). Then do what you gotta.

Excited for the Dianadrol & Protobol presale? 20 bux a whack....
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

That sale is madness!!!
  7. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    You can't train if you're injured. Further injuring yourself will not help. Keep it to the stuff you listed til you're ready, train for a few days, & take more time off right before the meet (many guys take the wk off before anyway). Then do what you gotta.

Excited for the Dianadrol & Protobol presale? 20 bux a whack....
    I hear you. It figures I would be the one to get all excited and slay PRs when PRs did not yet need to be slain. I have a tendency to go to extremes with things (you should have seen me back in my Grateful Dead/Medical Marijuana days).

Quote Originally Posted by drewsicle3210 View Post
    That sale is madness!!!
    That sale is insane. I'm looking into the Proto specifically but in all honesty another Triumphalis run is in the future for me. I cannot get over how much I enjoyed that compound.
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Ok you two, tell me about this Proto. If you guys are intrigued, there must be something good here. I was all excited about the Dianodrol and Celtibol.
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Celtibol is Mag. Mbol, Mechabol, Methyclostebol. P-Mag from CEL was a ph to mag, but Antaues brought the active compound to the market with mechabol. It's been out, people seem to love it, & I'm on day 4 in my log of it right now. Structurally similar to Halo but a better bulker & works faster; halo is the better cutter.

Proto was a drier compound often run for 6wks, & people often saw 8-15lbs they say. Low on sides, & sort of comparable to halo & mag in results/sides I've read. Don't know much else. Supposed to be easier on the liver for a methyl, the way DMZ is compared to sdrol & phera.
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
  10. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Celtibol is Mag. Mbol, Mechabol, Methyclostebol. P-Mag from CEL was a ph to mag, but Antaues brought the active compound to the market with mechabol. It's been out, people seem to love it, & I'm on day 4 in my log of it right now. Structurally similar to Halo but a better bulker & works faster; halo is the better cutter.

Proto was a drier compound often run for 6wks, & people often saw 8-15lbs they say. Low on sides, & sort of comparable to halo & mag in results/sides I've read. Don't know much else. Supposed to be easier on the liver for a methyl, the way DMZ is compared to sdrol & phera.
    You are an anabolic manual. Interesting, this proto. I would like to buy some of each of these.
    Gotta sweet talk the wife!!
  11. New Member

Just a brief update, things are clearing up somewhat and I had a great session today.
    The ebb and flow of these strains is somewhat confusing to me but I cannot argue with my recovery capacity.

Since my training scheme has been largely altered by the strains I don't have a particular schedule at the moment, so the movements are largely chosen according to feel/intuition.

BB Deadlift: 225x1, 250x1, 275x1, 300x1, 325x1, 350x1, 375x1, 400x1, 425x1, 450x1, 455x1
    BB Bench: 225x5, 255x5, 265x5, 280x2, 280x2, 280x2
    BB Deadlift (return): 325x5, 365x5, 405x5, 425x5
    --
    Assorted leg/delt/tri/ cable and isolation work

Things seem to be back up to speed, but the singles at the start of the session were done to feel things out with my groin.
    Surprisingly my pressing movements felt much smoother and stress-free after pulling heavy. Shifting my grip to a somewhat wider position has also helped draw more lat into the movement and reduce the amount of stress on my shoulder during the lockout.

I will keep an eye on things and train/rest accordingly.

At this point, my goal lifts for the meet are: 380/300/500.
    I plan on hitting these lifts during my third attempt, and will select my openers at an appropriate selection. A 400 squat would be a dream but with the strain and loss of prep time I fear it will be beyond reach.

I'd also like to announce that I've become an Antaeus Labs Representative!
    Antaeus Labs Representative

12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Awesome to hear! Both that you're able to train & on the Rep position - congrats
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
  13. New Member

Meet Prep: 7 Days Out

Openers were taken this morning, all went well and I'm feeling back up to speed. All that remains is to play it smart and safe during the week!

My apologies for the sparse updates lately, between the injuries and increased off days there simply isn't much to report.

At the moment everything is where it needs to be for the meet, my only regret is that the hip flexor tweak put me out of squatting for longer than I would prefer. I have a feeling my meet squat will be very conservative and I'll try to make up for the dip with my bench and pull.

On a similar note, I've ordered some Rehband "Blue" 7mm knee sleeves and will begin training with them after the meet.
    My federation has both Classic Raw and Raw divisions which are distinguished by allowing/disallowing knee wraps and sleeves. During this meet I will be in the Classic Raw (knee wraps) but plan to compete raw in the future.

This cycle has turned into a dirty bulk more or less but there will be plenty of time for fine-tuning after the meet. I am pleased to have made this progress thus far with less than 6 months of dedicated strength training under my belt. I'm currently weighing ~188-189.

Additionally, since many of you readers are avid PH/DS users I felt this would be a good time to note that Antaeus Labs has recently upgraded its Talos support product. For those of you interested in the current ingredient profile feel free to shoot me (or any other AL rep) a PM!

14. New Member

Singlet, deadlift socks, flight rosters...two days out!

And of course I would be placed in the 198s with one competitor: the guy who holds the federation's state bench record of 380lbs.

Nice.

15. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

You got this!!!
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
  16. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Your going to kill it bro! Congrats on the rep position too, Antaeus labs have some decent products.
  17. New Member

Full meet update coming soon.

I'm trying to get the videos loaded onto Youtube.
    I played it very conservative and went 9/9.
    Overall a great experience, can't wait to do it again!

Weight: 188lbs
    Total: 1179
    374.8/303.1/501.5 LBS

In the meantime, there's this:

18. ITW
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by SPLocal View Post
    Full meet update coming soon. I'm trying to get the videos loaded onto Youtube. I played it very conservative and went 9/9. Overall a great experience, can't wait to do it again! Weight: 188lbs Total: 1179 374.8/303.1/501.5 LBS In the meantime, there's this:
    Great job! Sick game face right there
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Some legit vinegar strokes coming through in that picture lol

Awesome work man, & you pulled 5-hundo in competition
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
  20. New Member

MEET REPORT AND CYCLE SUMMARY

Dosing Review
    Mithras: 25/25/25/25/0/0/0
    Epistane: 0/60/60/70/70/70/70
    Trenavar: 0/0/90/120/120/120/120

PCT Review
    Clomid: 50/50/25/25/25/25
    Nolva: 20/20/10/10/10/10
    Exemestane: 25mg ED with gradual EOD taper at 12.5mg

Gains
    Start Weight: 176
    End Weight: 188

Meet Specifics
    USPA Central California Open
    Junior (20-23), 198 Class, 188lbs
    Lifts: 9/9
    Total: 1179
    As is commonly my experience with new smartphones, video recordings, and uploading media, Youtube (or Sprint) is being uncooperative and it will be some time before I can get everything together.

The purpose of this cycle was to prepare me for a theoretical (and ultimately literal) powerlifting meet.
    Overall, it was a major success.

Starting Bench: 285lbs paused
    Meet Result: 303 paused, along with a 315 touch-and-go gym PR.

Starting Squat: 380lbs parallel
    Meet Result: 375lbs 1-2 inches below-parallel. I consider this a success because I changed my squat stance mid-cycle after seeing USPA judges red-light seemingly parallel squats. Compounding the issue was a hip flexor strain I incurred roughly 2 weeks out, resulting in a loss of prep time. I had no issues with depth (or exertion) at the meet and 375 is not a true 1RM for me.

Starting Deadlift: 460lbs
    Meet Result: 501.5lbs and I had more in the tank (despite what my lockout-image "game face" may lead you to believe). I had a blast with deadlifts during this cycle and it has become my favorite lift.

Sides:
    Headaches and acne which subsided as the cycle drew on; also heavy bloating/water retention when Trenavar began and testicular atrophy.

A long layoff from anabolics is in order as my strength levels are where they need to be for continued progress. My next goal is trim off some of the fat gains and recomp or slowly cut to a lean-ish 181, and then break a 1200 total at my next meet (likely in March). I'll be throwing the kitchen sink at this PCT in terms of OTC supplements but I have every confidence that my gains will be maintained. Strength is a state of mind, endurance/recovery and glycogen retention are what anabolics impact most in my experience.

My diet was not clean by any means during this run, and by "clean" I mean both in content and in keeping my caloric intake level. I began with ~3000-3200kcal daily and easily ended up pushing ~4k or ~4.5k towards the end. My body appears to have responded to this intake and PL training well, however. At the moment I am the biggest I've ever been (albeit much smoother) but definite LBM gains have been made. I am looking forward to seeing my proportions once the water/glycogen dissipates, and particularly at the end of my pre-meet conditioning.

My plan for PCT and beyond is to employ several aspects of Wendler's 5/3/1 program which I can elaborate on (the revamped 5/3/1, the 5's Progression, and BBB) for those who are interested. This system has worked for me and I have no interest in altering it.

I know this log became somewhat sparse as the competition drew nearer and the minor tweaks/injuries mounted. Lessons have been learned, lifting techniques have been refined, and I'm ready to prepare for my next meet with even more intensity than before. I will more than likely log my progress in a new thread and I hope that those of you who have followed thus far will take a look!

On an unrelated note, I'd like thank all of you who have taken the time to lurk, and especially those who have commented. At the meet I met a competitor who guided me through the process, moderated my urge to gamble for 3rd-attempt PRs, and calmed my nerves to produce a successful and enjoyable experience. Most PL forums and websites will note the camaraderie between competitors at meets, and in my experience it was proven to be true. Those of you who have taken the time to lend words of support, advice, or criticism have been as integral to my progress as any other aspect of training. We are all in it together.

Finally, and on an unrelated note: please do not hesitate to inquire regarding Antaeus Labs products or my experience with either the AL or IL (Iron Legion) line. I have been a longstanding supporter of both companies and it is a privilege to now rep for AL. Although I have been busy as of late, I want to do my best to increase knowledge (beyond the already outstanding reputation) of AL products on the forums.

Until I can get the videos uploaded, I'll conclude the log with this image:

21. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  203 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Nice final review and good luck.
    WWW.ANDRO FACTORY.COM
    Use NADDANME for a 15% discount or PM me for current discounts
  22. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Awesome log, awesome comp results, & awesome cycle. That AL hoody is sweet btw. Post a link here to your next log man & you know I'll be there.
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Epistane and Omnevol at the same time?
    By Montana Gun in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-28-2008, 05:56 PM
  2. * * * Epistane and CS stack at the board store
    By CROWLER in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-13-2008, 11:43 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-14-2008, 10:32 PM
  4. Epistane and The UMC
    By Adrenolin in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 16