Alpha90 helping Luke to make the Iron Flex

Page 6 of 14 First ... 45678 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post
    That would also mean getting a bigger/better air compressor! I haven't been able to talk my wife into a 50 gal tank yet. Maybe I should sabotage my current compressor so I have to get a new one! Lol!
    Now your just getting greedy lol I just hook it up to my handy dandy 2.5 pancake works like a charm
    Why not zoidberg?

2. Greedy? Nah, just.................well....u h OK, maybe a little but I would put it to good use!
    Jeremiah 29:11-14
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post
    Greedy? Nah, just.................well....u h OK, maybe a little but I would put it to good use!
    That's what I tell my wife all the time!
    I'm in the processes of trying to convince my wife that we need a plasma cutter(I want to build custom bumpers and brush guards for my truck lol)
    Why not zoidberg?

4. I've got a plasma cutter on my wish list too! My wife is closer to letting me get that than the compressor! Probably cause I said I would make custom lamp shades and such to help it pay for itself. Really just be me playing. Lol!
    What she doesn't know is I would need the new compressor to operate the plasma cutter! I might be screwed on both of em!

5. Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post
    I've got a plasma cutter on my wish list too! My wife is closer to letting me get that than the compressor! Probably cause I said I would make custom lamp shades and such to help it pay for itself. Really just be me playing. Lol!
    What she doesn't know is I would need the new compressor to operate the plasma cutter! I might be screwed on both of em!
    Haha don't shoot yourself in the foot my man... go for a plasma that has a built in compressor
    Why not zoidberg?
    •   

6. I was cruisin by and saw plasma cutter. I need 1too. Maybe we can get a deal on 3. Have you tried an external air tank. That helps me when im painting. I have a smaller ac too.

7. Quote Originally Posted by wicked442 View Post
    I was cruisin by and saw plasma cutter. I need 1too. Maybe we can get a deal on 3. Have you tried an external air tank. That helps me when im painting. I have a smaller ac too.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/products/...p?model=M00243

This is the one I want haha
    Why not zoidberg?

8. Quote Originally Posted by macdady View Post
    That sob is nice! I was gona spend about a grand less. 3/16.

9. Quote Originally Posted by wicked442 View Post
    That sob is nice! I was gona spend about a grand less. 3/16.
    I want something that will at least do 1/4 lol I want to try and reproduce something along the lines of a Iron Bull bumper for my truck I plan on building (that's another thing I haven't told the wife about yet hahaha) that and like Luke said... lampshades and stuff lol
    Why not zoidberg?

10. That miller would def do the trick. You gota really play up the lampshades and home repair angle to get the ladies in board. They dont get that tools are just cool.

11. Oh yeah lol...cool thing about my wife is that she will fight me tooth and nail about getting it, but once I get it she wants to know how to use it
    Why not zoidberg?

12. Quote Originally Posted by wicked442 View Post
    That miller would def do the trick. You gota really play up the lampshades and home repair angle to get the ladies in board. They dont get that tools are just cool.
    That's how I get a lot of my tools -- home repair or side jobs where "it'll pay for itself in the time it saves me" and "I can use the money from this job to pay for it." That's how I got my new table saw several years ago - she let me get it and I made her a new kitchen! She got the more expensive side of it!

13. Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post
    Well, plans to lift today got changed. My wife said the brakes on her Jeep were bad and she was leaving for the weekend to go help her sister move into the college dorms this afternoon. So that meant that she wanted me to replace them before she could leave. Ok. Picked up brakes for front & rear and came home to work on her brakes. So, after two broken sockets, two broken lug nuts and one broken ratchet, I get the front tires off. Brakes still have a lot of pad left and are NOT bad. Take the new brakes back, exchange them for all new lug nuts and come back home. 10 miles into town mind you. Get all the old rusted lug nuts swapped out and proceed to inspect for the noise my wife was complaining about. Found it. CV joint for front drive shaft. Have to special order it! Send wife on her way. Lifting won't be happening tonight. Gonna go in in the morning.
    At least you know the break pads are good for awhile lol
    Psalms 62:1-62:2

14. Wow that sucks.... Should work out since the wife is gone for a minute.

15. Quote Originally Posted by macdady View Post
    Nice! I guess i don't weld.
    Get your lift on today!!

16. Sorry for the lack of updates this weekend. I was super busy trying to get pantry cabinets made and installed before my wife got back yesterday. Woke up Saturday and got busy working. Around 4 I stopped and got changed and stuff ready to go lift. Drove into town ( takes about 20-25 minutes to get to the gym) only to see the sign saying " new hours" on the front door. They close at 5 on Saturdays!! I got there at 4:56. Well at least I got a really good workout carrying those three big cabinets up the stairs by myself and then setting them. *sigh!!*

17. Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post
    Sorry for the lack of updates this weekend. I was super busy trying to get pantry cabinets made and installed before my wife got back yesterday. Woke up Saturday and got busy working. Around 4 I stopped and got changed and stuff ready to go lift. Drove into town ( takes about 20-25 minutes to get to the gym) only to see the sign saying " new hours" on the front door. They close at 5 on Saturdays!! I got there at 4:56. Well at least I got a really good workout carrying those three big cabinets up the stairs by myself and then setting them. *sigh!!*
    Hanging cabinets solo in a major shoulder workout!!! As long as you don't get pissed and smash them.. LOL

18. Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post
    Sorry for the lack of updates this weekend. I was super busy trying to get pantry cabinets made and installed before my wife got back yesterday. Woke up Saturday and got busy working. Around 4 I stopped and got changed and stuff ready to go lift. Drove into town ( takes about 20-25 minutes to get to the gym) only to see the sign saying " new hours" on the front door. They close at 5 on Saturdays!! I got there at 4:56. Well at least I got a really good workout carrying those three big cabinets up the stairs by myself and then setting them. *sigh!!*
    Haha setting cabinets by yourself is truly a workout. Especially holding them up while screwing them to the wall if you don't have anything to support them with, ****s like doing planks...I hate those
    Anywho, how goes the cycle and or cabinets lol
    Why not zoidberg?

19. Day 6 & 7

Off

Joints in my wrists and elbows have been getting rather achy. Been noticing this for a few days but just tried upping the fish oil. Yesterday when my wife got home, she and my daughter were complaining of their joints hurting in the exact same places. This makes me think it's not caused by the Alpha 90. Not sure though. Right arm joints hurt like a b!tch! Wrist is the worst. Gonna hit the gym today and see how it goes. Took today off from work to just nurse this crap. Ice and icy-hot.

20. Quote Originally Posted by bcazo View Post
    Hanging cabinets solo in a major shoulder workout!!! As long as you don't get pissed and smash them.. LOL
    Lol! I built them, they don't "smash" too easily! Wasn't hanging them but picking them up in a confined space to set them on each other really sucked.

21. Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post
    Lol! I built them, they don't "smash" too easily! Was hanging them but picking them up in a confined space to set the on each other really sucked.
    Mmm what wood you use?
    Why not zoidberg?

22. Quote Originally Posted by macdady View Post
    Mmm what wood you use?
    Just for pantry cabinets I used the less expensive 3/4" plywood. Not the sheathing crap but not the cabinet grade, just sanded ply.

23. Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post
    Just for pantry cabinets I used the less expensive 3/4" plywood. Not the sheathing crap but not the cabinet grade, just sanded ply.
    The wood veneer sheets have their place lol
    But not in cabinets
    I hadn't built a cabinet or countertop for awhile until like 6 months ago... and damn!! Haha for stain grade ply it was around 52 bucks a sheet
    ...we need to start researching steroids for trees damn it, bring the cost of wood down
    Why not zoidberg?

24. Quote Originally Posted by macdady View Post
    The wood veneer sheets have their place lol
    But not in cabinets
    I hadn't built a cabinet or countertop for awhile until like 6 months ago... and damn!! Haha for stain grade ply it was around 52 bucks a sheet
    ...we need to start researching steroids for trees damn it, bring the cost of wood down
    Which is why I used the cheaper stuff! Lol! 2 of the cabinets (the top ones!) were 51" t 24" d 30" w. I make cut lists to make the most out of each sheet of ply so I have very minimal waste.

25. Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post
    Which is why I used the cheaper stuff! Lol! 2 of the cabinets (the top ones!) were 51" t 24" d 30" w. I make cut lists to make the most out of each sheet of ply so I have very minimal waste.
    I'm the same way lol... I couldn't use the cheap stuff on this one hahaha wish I could have though
    I can get 2 lower cabinet sections out of 2 prices of wood lol. But I can't get 1 out of 1
    Why not zoidberg?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. help trying to make the most of this run
    By weezycon12 in forum Cycle Logs
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-21-2011, 03:19 PM
  2. On TRT, looking to make the most of it
    By nattydisaster in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-22-2008, 09:52 AM
  3. How to make the Optimal Custom PWO Blend Mix?
    By Warhead in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-06-2007, 05:48 PM
  4. HELP: How to tell the diff. between 1T/1AD?
    By Referral in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-27-2006, 01:54 PM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-27-2004, 12:00 AM