My Prep For Powerlifting Meet

Little_Dude

Little_Dude

Awards
15 weeks out of meet as of tomorrow. Will be pinning first injection for this blast tomorrow afternoon.

Current Stats:
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 220.4 this morning
BF%:15-18 just a guess

All Lifts Unequipped

Squat: 500
Bench: 325
Deadlift: 530

Goal for Meet: Hoping for these to be my second attempt weights.
Squat: 565
Bench: 360
Deadlift: 580
Total: 1505. Will take the 220 SPF Tennessee Juniors Men Total State Record

Week 1-11: 2000mg per week

1000mg Of Test E
1000mg of Tren E

Week 12-14: 2210mg per week

1000mg Test E
1000mg Tren E
30mg Halo ED

Week 15 - Meet Day: 3260mg final week

1000mg Test E
1000mg Tren E
75mg Test Suspension ED
75mg Tren Ace ED
30mg Halo ED

Nolva, Arimidex, and Proviron all on hand but, have never and most likely will not use them now either. Blood Work will be done every 4 weeks.

Cruise for 6 weeks after meet day at 500mg of Test E

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm in on this. Rare to see explicit cycle detail for a powerlifter (which is probably for the best). How do you train?

Little_Dude

Little_Dude

Awards
I'm in on this. Rare to see explicit cycle detail for a powerlifter (which is probably for the best). How do you train?
Haha not sure why its probably for the best but, I will take your word for it none the less....

Sunday: Squat and Deadlift Day
I vary my voulume week to week with a pretty linear progression. Starting a cycle out with about 70-75% of my max for 2 sets of 5 and then 1 set of all out everything I have in the tank with good form. Next week I take the same weight and go 2 sets of 8 and 1 set all out. Following week I will up by 20-40lbs depending on how bad the last weeks atleast 3 sets of 8 felt. and so forth so something like this for example.

Week 1- 350 for 2 sets of 5, 1 set all out if I don't get atleast 5 reps I keep the weight and repeat the next week.
Week 2- 350 for 2 sets of 8, 1 set all out ( Same as above )
Week 3-370 for 2 sets of 3 or 2 sets of 5 ( Depending on how easy the last weeks weights were) 1 set all out ( Same as above )
Week 4- ETC.... Continue until I fail to meet the required reps minimum 2 weeks in a row where I will then take a full week and re-test my max and restart the cycle with a higher number... hopefully.

For Deadlifts I alternate between speed/tech work at 60-75% for sets of 1-3 sets vary. The next week I will perform Rack pulls starting at just above my knee with 95% of my standard Deadlift for 2-3 sets of 3-5 reps. The next week Rack Pulls are done I lower the height of the pull 1-2" same weight and pull.

Assistance work always consist of a Vertical Pull whether Pull Downs or Pull Ups with varying grips, reps ( usually above 8 ), sets ( usually atleast 4 ), drop sets and alternate between very strict and looser style pulls. Ab Work is also always done usually for higher reps 15+ with pretty standard movements.

Tuesday- Bench Day or Overhead ( every 3rd week )
Bench I follow the exact template as I do for my Squat except after the all out set I drop to about 70-75 percent and perform 1-2 high rep sets with a different grip than my competition technique grip. I also ocassionaly incorporate a Sling Shot and really overload my lockout for a few sets instead of the different grip bench work.

Assistance work involves a Horizontal Pull usually with DB or Cables following pretty much the same guide lines as the Vertical Pull above.
Rear Laterals and some high rep Hammer and DB Curls and that's all she wrote.

Thursday- Speed Pulls or Heavy Barbell Rows are performed. Speed Pulls following the standard 60-70% for 8 sets of 2-3 reps. If Barbell Rows are performed they are very heavy with a lot of body movement to get the bar moving, the bar stays as close as possible to the thighs being pulled into the absolute lowest are of the stomach and are done with a 45ish degree angle of the torso to absolutely destroy the upper back and traps.

Follow up with Hams, Vertical Pull and maybe Core work.

I cant really give much of a template as really there is a ton of variation from week to week other than the simple progression for the Squat and Bench. As for my Deadlift I am definitely a " if my squat goes up it goes up guy " so I hardly ever train it very heavy atleast from a full range of motion aspect.

If you have any other question please ask and I hope this was written half way clear enough for you to understand but, I am extremely tired and will be honest I am not going to double check or re read it until tomorrow.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In to see ya make some major moves! Im looking to start the same myself soon!

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha not sure why its probably for the best but, I will take your word for it none the less....

Sunday: Squat and Deadlift Day
I vary my voulume week to week with a pretty linear progression. Starting a cycle out with about 70-75% of my max for 2 sets of 5 and then 1 set of all out everything I have in the tank with good form. Next week I take the same weight and go 2 sets of 8 and 1 set all out. Following week I will up by 20-40lbs depending on how bad the last weeks atleast 3 sets of 8 felt. and so forth so something like this for example.

Week 1- 350 for 2 sets of 5, 1 set all out if I don't get atleast 5 reps I keep the weight and repeat the next week.
Week 2- 350 for 2 sets of 8, 1 set all out ( Same as above )
Week 3-370 for 2 sets of 3 or 2 sets of 5 ( Depending on how easy the last weeks weights were) 1 set all out ( Same as above )
Week 4- ETC.... Continue until I fail to meet the required reps minimum 2 weeks in a row where I will then take a full week and re-test my max and restart the cycle with a higher number... hopefully.

For Deadlifts I alternate between speed/tech work at 60-75% for sets of 1-3 sets vary. The next week I will perform Rack pulls starting at just above my knee with 95% of my standard Deadlift for 2-3 sets of 3-5 reps. The next week Rack Pulls are done I lower the height of the pull 1-2" same weight and pull.

Assistance work always consist of a Vertical Pull whether Pull Downs or Pull Ups with varying grips, reps ( usually above 8 ), sets ( usually atleast 4 ), drop sets and alternate between very strict and looser style pulls. Ab Work is also always done usually for higher reps 15+ with pretty standard movements.

Tuesday- Bench Day or Overhead ( every 3rd week )
Bench I follow the exact template as I do for my Squat except after the all out set I drop to about 70-75 percent and perform 1-2 high rep sets with a different grip than my competition technique grip. I also ocassionaly incorporate a Sling Shot and really overload my lockout for a few sets instead of the different grip bench work.

Assistance work involves a Horizontal Pull usually with DB or Cables following pretty much the same guide lines as the Vertical Pull above.
Rear Laterals and some high rep Hammer and DB Curls and that's all she wrote.

Thursday- Speed Pulls or Heavy Barbell Rows are performed. Speed Pulls following the standard 60-70% for 8 sets of 2-3 reps. If Barbell Rows are performed they are very heavy with a lot of body movement to get the bar moving, the bar stays as close as possible to the thighs being pulled into the absolute lowest are of the stomach and are done with a 45ish degree angle of the torso to absolutely destroy the upper back and traps.

Follow up with Hams, Vertical Pull and maybe Core work.

I cant really give much of a template as really there is a ton of variation from week to week other than the simple progression for the Squat and Bench. As for my Deadlift I am definitely a " if my squat goes up it goes up guy " so I hardly ever train it very heavy atleast from a full range of motion aspect.

If you have any other question please ask and I hope this was written half way clear enough for you to understand but, I am extremely tired and will be honest I am not going to double check or re read it until tomorrow.
No, I totally get what you're doing. I like how logical it is. Your assistance work is so clear and to the point. I usually just think, man I should do triceps because Louie said so, or I should do back because everybody says so. I like the idea of using a weight close to your deadlift max for reps on rack pulls. Get that heavy weight in your hands and feel it for reps.

Little_Dude

Little_Dude

Awards
No, I totally get what you're doing. I like how logical it is. Your assistance work is so clear and to the point. I usually just think, man I should do triceps because Louie said so, or I should do back because everybody says so. I like the idea of using a weight close to your deadlift max for reps on rack pulls. Get that heavy weight in your hands and feel it for reps.
If there is one thing I have learned from my mentor/friend its that there is not a magic programs why complicate all kinds of ****. "Percentages and fancy moves are good and all but, getting under a bar and putting your work in is going to get 10x the results than some 1 leg bosu ball chest press pull with a band attached to your nut sack." That is his biggest preaching stop trying to flip to every other program. You know what your body needs in order to Squat more and that is to Squat to perfect the movement, drive for rep PRs, and strengthen the muscles used in the movement and you will grow. I have only trained with him for 3 months and in those 3 months I have went from a 400lbs Squat to 500, 265 Bench to 320, and 455 Deadlift to a 530 all at a lighter body weight. I stopped over thinking and searching the internet day after day for the perfect program and diet now, I lift, I eat, and I sleep and results are flying in.

The Heavy Rack Pulls have seriously helped I obviously could go much heavier than 95% but, the point is volume and as you stated getting used to feeling that weight in my hands week after week. It may seem like a slow progression but, if when done correctly I can go from pulling a stupid heavy single from the ground and 2 months later be doing 3-5 reps for 2-3 sets... that's pretty damn impressive progress in that time on drugs or no . Honestly there has been a huge boost in my performance from adding in the Rack Pulls and the Sling Shot for my Bench just because I actually am feeling very heavy weight in my hands but, am not frying my CNS week after week.

PhatBoy07

Awards
Your stats are quite a bit higher then mine, but i agree that heavy ass rack pulls help out alot.

It seems to me, just by holding that extra weight in my hands... My body adapts to it much quicker. My deadlift PR has shot up greatly do to heavy rack pulls.

Subbed for your results bud. I hope to see you accomplish your goal. Good luck

thyrod

thyrod

Awards
Def in this! Gonna be sick, is your source good? Cus halo is often faked. What the logic in ratio T/T
My logic is, if you wanna excel, keep doing it. For the 3 I hit damn near 12 sets. More if a personal thing just because I really enjoy doing them.

Little_Dude

Little_Dude

Awards
I make all my gear so I sure as hell hope its good haha. As for the Tren Test ratio to be honest when I cruise 1000mg of TEst is the bare minimum I run period. As for the Tren I love how 5 and 600mg feels so I cant wait to see what a gram does. Have honestly never ran it this high but, I always handle the sides very very well barely ever see any at all other than a little problem sleeping occasionaly. So I figure why not just push it and make my first powerlifting meet as awesome as I possibly can.

thyrod

thyrod

Awards
Man, that's gonna be an awsome run and I will speculate those number will be higher then that come meet time. That's sweet I hope your halo is legit, not much around so I'm in to see how this goes for you.

Little_Dude

Little_Dude

Awards
First pin on Sunday went great 2ml of Test in Left Delt and 2ml of Tren in Right Delt. Pinning tonight in Quads. Obviously haven't seen much yet but, way early to tell how its going to. Will update this weekly atleast.

Little_Dude

Little_Dude

Awards
Tren kicking in very damn hard having massive night sweats insane. Went to bed last night at 230 and woke up no **** a 221. Pillows and sheets absolutely soaked was pretty damn nasty lol but slept fine.

Little_Dude

Little_Dude

Awards
Strength is coming on good feeling pretty good about my goal weights for the meet coming up except for my bench. I have been having some issues with ulnar nerve pain and have barely been able to train a heavy press movement in over a month so not to happy about that. But a few update videos of some PRs....

405 for 5 sets of 5 done Tuesday- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_imNPXK-ik4

550 deadlift strapped in because of a ****ty bar. Plus short plates so had a longer pull done last night- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsCdwl_yjgg

500 deadlift off 4in blocks for 6 done last Thursday- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwtYZWLIcgg

420 Foam Box Squat for easy 4 reps 2 Sundays ago- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79BwW-eP0W8

Unfortunately no press PRs or even really anything to write home about.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
I'm I. bro. Sounds like an awesome cycle! A gram of tren a week is crazy! I make my own gear as well. The best way to go about it, actually got my first tren raws on the way as we speak... :)