Helladrol recomp, fasting and nutrient partitioning

  1. Helladrol recomp, fasting and nutrient partitioning


    Just read on here that nutrient partitioning is very important while on the juice.

    I do intermittent fasting and have done for years (16/8) and was planning to while doing my helladrol recomp. I was planning a 2 day on, 1 day off routine and eating 250 Cal's over daily.

    Now, with IF and its help in raising Insulin Resistance, wouldn't that put my body in a better state to recomp if I ate most of my carbs post workout (first meal after breaking the fast) and my fats later?

    My main goal is to lean out a few % but obviously a little bit of muscle gain wouldn't be frowned upon lol


  2. I think you meant insulin sensitivity.

    Cycles will automatically aid nutrient partitioning. Just eat normally 4 to 5 meals a day.

    If you want to keep lean and drop Bf, you can drop kcals 500 below maintenance easily, and consume carbs AROUND workouts I.e. pre and post.
    ...:::Olympus Labs Rep:::...
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

  3. Quote Originally Posted by EBF_2356 View Post
    I think you meant insulin sensitivity.

    Cycles will automatically aid nutrient partitioning. Just eat normally 4 to 5 meals a day.

    If you want to keep lean and drop Bf, you can drop kcals 500 below maintenance easily, and consume carbs AROUND workouts I.e. pre and post.
    But I don't plan on changing my eating plans. I eat like this because I enjoy eating like this. I enjoy eating bigger meals at night and not eating in the day.

    Just wondered if while Doing this will help cause a recomp effect. I mean thinking logically, if I ate after a workout, the Ph will help create a more Anabolic Enviroment for muscle building but during the fast while my body is still trying to be Anabolic but no food is coming in, wouldn't this cause fat loss too?
    •   
       


  4. It will but a favourable environment is to keep a constant supply of amino acids.
    ...:::Olympus Labs Rep:::...
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

  5. Quote Originally Posted by EBF_2356 View Post
    It will but a favourable environment is to keep a constant supply of amino acids.
    Well I think I'm gonna try it and log it. I'm at the point where muscle gain and/or a little fat loss will make me happy so I can't really lose

  6. Quote Originally Posted by cyb3rtr0n1k View Post

    Well I think I'm gonna try it and log it. I'm at the point where muscle gain and/or a little fat loss will make me happy so I can't really lose
    PM me over your cycle layout, meals, kcal intake etc and weight and stats.

    Ill help you set something up because in all honesty bud, I can see this going to be a dump in the toilet.

    Remember, muscles need aminos (food), this fasting business is not in a sense, nonsense, but rather not advisable during a cycle.

    But, if you want to go ahead and try it, let me know HOW YOU GO and how you feel.
    ...:::Olympus Labs Rep:::...
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

  7. Quote Originally Posted by EBF_2356 View Post
    PM me over your cycle layout, meals, kcal intake etc and weight and stats.

    Ill help you set something up because in all honesty bud, I can see this going to be a dump in the toilet.

    Remember, muscles need aminos (food), this fasting business is not in a sense, nonsense, but rather not advisable during a cycle.

    But, if you want to go ahead and try it, let me know HOW YOU GO and how you feel.
    I can't see how it wont work. I will still be eating in surplus just not all day. The body wont use up 3000 calories within an hour of me eating them, they will still be in my body and available to use until well into the next day. It does mean however that if it gets to the point where it needs more calories and the food is used up it will look at body Fat to repair fibres.

    I actually read a few topics of people doing this and having great success but none of them logged it.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. oral roids and ph's with nutrient partitioning
    By halfhuman in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-10-2011, 04:39 PM
  2. GH and Nutrient Timing
    By 71sport408 in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-08-2007, 11:49 PM
  3. T3 and Nutrient Partitioning
    By doggzj in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-06-2005, 10:16 PM
  4. Alpha Lipoic Acid Nutrient Partitioning Properties?
    By LunaHotel in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-18-2004, 01:55 PM
  5. Cooking meat and nutrients...
    By DieTrying in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-31-2004, 01:14 PM
Log in
Log in