Cutting weight

  1. Cutting weight


    So I'm dieting healthy about 160 trying to cut down to 145 by August. I'm in a calorie deficit but I'm still holding onto water weight. I'm losing muscle as well right now. Is winstrol advisable. Or does clen even really work. I've been doing a lot of research and I'm really not sure whose right cause everyone says something different. I'm not looking for an easy button. But I am looking for a faster way to get to where I'm going. I guesss call it an aid.


  2. id have to say your diet is subpar, whats your tdee?

  3. Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    id have to say your diet is subpar, whats your tdee?
    Lol I'm not sure of all the lingo. So be patient. My diet is pretty good actually. I'm a personal trainer so I do know quite a bit about nutrition and all that. I just don't have much knowledge about supplementation or cycles.
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by sporticuz View Post

    Lol I'm not sure of all the lingo. So be patient. My diet is pretty good actually. I'm a personal trainer so I do know quite a bit about nutrition and all that. I just don't have much knowledge about supplementation or cycles.
    dont take this the wrong way but if you dont know how to calculate your total daily energy expidenture then you probably dont have the nutritional knowledge you think you have...

    google tdee calculations to get a generic base line of calorie requirements and lets go from there

  5. Ok I got you and no I'm ok with constructive criticism. I just didn't know it had an abbreviation. I eat about 1700 a day and burn at least 2200 a day.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by sporticuz View Post
    Ok I got you and no I'm ok with constructive criticism. I just didn't know it had an abbreviation. I eat about 1700 a day and burn at least 2200 a day.
    theres your problem....your starving yourself

  7. 1700 is more like a bmr figure, youre saying youre -500 calories a day

  8. Yeah I figured that. I have a cheat day but during the week I eat very strict and find myself with no energy after my workout and need to take a nap before my next workout

  9. Give me a sec to make sure let me calculate it.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by sporticuz View Post
    Yeah I figured that. I have a cheat day but during the week I eat very strict and find myself with no energy after my workout and need to take a nap before my next workout
    what are your stats

  11. 5'7" 160 pounds. 8 percent body fat. 350 on bench 420 on squat.

  12. with moderate exercise (3-5 exercise days a week) i get roughly a 2700 calorie tdee, at a 500 deficiency thats roughly 2200 calories...

  13. Lol @ personal trainer.... Tries to help people lose weight,can't cut without hormones lolz

    If you're at 8% you can't go below that and sustain it for prolonged periods of time. Why would you want to cut if you're 8%? If you Dont see abs then clearly you're not 8%, I can't think of why anyone would need to go lower than that.

  14. So I should be taking in about 500 more

  15. So I should be taking in 500 more?

  16. yes, maybe even alittle more to try and re gain some lost muscle

  17. Quote Originally Posted by EatMoar View Post
    Lol @ personal trainer.... Tries to help people lose weight,can't cut without hormones lolz

    If you're at 8% you can't go below that and sustain it for prolonged periods of time. Why would you want to cut if you're 8%? If you Dont see abs then clearly you're not 8%, I can't think of why anyone would need to go lower than that.
    I'm not trying to get below 8% I'm trying to cut weight for a specific sport. I have abs and can clearly see them. But just because your 8% doesn't mean you see abs. People carry their weight differently. Everyone's body is unique. Example Michael phelps. Since he's a swimmer his body adapts to being more buoyant in water so he naturally carries more body fat. 12 percent compared to sprinters about 7 to 10.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    yes, maybe even alittle more to try and re gain some lost muscle
    Thanks I might not be getting enough water as well. I'm not use to cutting weight. I'm more use to just maintaining and gaining muscle.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by sporticuz View Post

    I'm not trying to get below 8% I'm trying to cut weight for a specific sport. I have abs and can clearly see them. But just because your 8% doesn't mean you see abs. People carry their weight differently. Everyone's body is unique. Example Michael phelps. Since he's a swimmer his body adapts to being more buoyant in water so he naturally carries more body fat. 12 percent compared to sprinters about 7 to 10.
    if your losing weight then obviously youre losing muscle if youre not trying to lose fat. confused....

  20. I have 149 pounds of muscle so I'm going to have to lose some muscle getting to 145.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by sporticuz View Post

    I'm not trying to get below 8% I'm trying to cut weight for a specific sport. I have abs and can clearly see them. But just because your 8% doesn't mean you see abs. People carry their weight differently. Everyone's body is unique. Example Michael phelps. Since he's a swimmer his body adapts to being more buoyant in water so he naturally carries more body fat. 12 percent compared to sprinters about 7 to 10.
    At 12% you're not seeing great ab definition Lol at 8 you better be pretty damn ripped. Anyway just calculate tdee, adjust carbs if you carry a lot of water, be in a deficit and call it a day. Simple.

  22. I think it had a lot more to do with my water intake. I fluctuate quite a bit tho. So I'll adjust. Just wanted a little input.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by sporticuz View Post
    I have 149 pounds of muscle so I'm going to have to lose some muscle getting to 145.
    if thats your goal then keep cals low and increase expidenture.....

  24. Quote Originally Posted by sporticuz View Post
    I think it had a lot more to do with my water intake. I fluctuate quite a bit tho. So I'll adjust. Just wanted a little input.
    Too high or too low? Too low and you'll feel like **** and bloat. Too high and well you'll drown xD . just aim for 1-1.5 gallons.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by EatMoar View Post

    Too high or too low? Too low and you'll feel like **** and bloat. Too high and well you'll drown xD . just aim for 1-1.5 gallons.
    I think it's too low. I aim for half my body weight in ounces so about 80 ounces a day.

  26. Quote Originally Posted by sporticuz View Post

    I think it's too low. I aim for half my body weight in ounces so about 80 ounces a day.
    Like I said keep it simple, that's 0.60 gallons so yes too low. Aim for 1 gallon a day.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by EatMoar View Post

    Like I said keep it simple, that's 0.60 gallons so yes too low. Aim for 1 gallon a day.
    Ok thanks for the info.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-07-2008, 07:24 PM
  2. cutting weight for a fight
    By strap135 in forum MMA
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-20-2008, 08:57 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-29-2007, 02:36 AM
  4. Cutting weight?
    By jas123 in forum MMA
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-09-2006, 05:18 AM
  5. Kris Cuts Weight. Fight this weekend
    By Kristopher in forum MMA
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-17-2005, 08:16 PM
Log in
Log in