Halodrol Cycle Log

Skipper999

Awards
Pre-Load
Week 1: 1g Milk Thistle, 1g Hawthorne Berry Extract

Cycle
Week 2-6: Halo XT 75/75/75/100/100
Week 2-6: Liv-52 2x per day with meal
Week 2-6: Taurine 2g per day (up to 4g if back pumps occur)
Week 2-6: CEL Cycle Assist 4caps 2x per day
Week 2-6: Creatine Monohydrate 5g per day
Week 2-6: Fish Oil 2g per day
Week 2-6: Centrum Multi 1 per day

PCT
Week 7-10: Nolvadex 20/20/10/10 (lost shipment/money. Waiting for another attempt - told 3-5 days)
Week 7-10: CEL Cycle Assist 4caps 2x per day
Week 6-10: DAA 3g per day
Week 6-10: Creatine Monohydrate 5g per day

Supplements used throughout
4DN Whey Protein
Intra-Workout Scivation Xtend

DIET
I currently consume around 4000 cal and am planning to up to 4500 beginning today (WEEK 1/DAY 1).
20/10/45/35 (FAT/SAT FAT/CARBS/PROTEIN). FWIW 50g FIBER/day.

Stats
29 years old, 185LBS @ 9%, 6'0
Training for 12 years in various capacities (power lifting, tri training, bulking). Currently lift weights 3x week and current primary focus on bodyweight exercises and cardio.
Bench255x1/Dead355x1/Mil Press 135x6/ Pushups 120 in 2 min/ Situps 135 in 2 min/ Pullups 27 deadhangs
Have used original P6 Black with solid results. Alpha protocol with mediocre results.
Mild acne on legs after alpha protocol, but did not do any PCT.

Goal
Lean mass gains. Not hurt endurance.

Comments? Worth switching centrum to orange triad or animal flex?
I'm curious as to the effect while keeping on a high cardio routine.
I'd be happy with a lean 5lb gain that stays with me.

Skipper999

Awards
pre-cycle going well. Tightening up my sleep routine and groceries / precooking clean meals. I went ahead and started Orange Triad. Also purchased their Fish Oil to replace my store brand.

jbree

Awards
Good luck buddy! I'll be starting mine soon!

Skipper999

Awards
Starting creatine today. Keeping water weight in mind. Blood test tomorrow. Excited for measurements and precooking meals - W2D1 on Sunday!

Skipper999

Awards
W1D3
Been eating like a cow, or maybe horse, or stallion.
Anyways, including the Orange Triads, it is a LOT of pills to take daily. I've been drinking a lot daily, and as a result pissing a lot daily.
No real effects one way or the other as of yet. I feel very focused, but that normally happens when I start any form of new routine.
Perhaps a little more of a pump after workouts, but not really sure. Maybe a little more sweating than normal... I read in some threads people posting effects such as HUGE pumps, horrible sweating outside of workouts, head pressure; nothing like that for me yet. I keep in mind peoples' posts referring to the 3rd week being when you start to feel things.

All in all, everything is fine so far. Will check in again later this week, or if I have any effects.

tonkatruck

Awards
Keep it up. Definetly being following your log.

pack22s

Awards
It's a debated subject but during a nolva pct on my H-drol cycle my nipples puffed up a bit and I needed letro to bring them back down. Supposedly H-drol is a progestin and nolva can possibly aggravate the progestin receptors causing the nipple puffiness. Just food for thought! Cycle looks good though, I ran mine the same way and gained 13lbs and a TON of strength all around.

Skipper999

Awards
It's a debated subject but during a nolva pct on my H-drol cycle my nipples puffed up a bit and I needed letro to bring them back down. Supposedly H-drol is a progestin and nolva can possibly aggravate the progestin receptors causing the nipple puffiness. Just food for thought! Cycle looks good though, I ran mine the same way and gained 13lbs and a TON of strength all around.
Thanks for weighing in bud. I'm looking forward to the gains! But of course minimizing sides.

Are you recommending letro in place of nolva, in combo, or just a food for thought in case something comes up while on nolva.
I have read similar threads stating to be cautious if any gyno-esque sides come up while on nolva - some would think to up nolva dosage, but it seems recommended to add in letro instead. For the reason you are stating (nolva may aggravate).

Either way, thanks for the heads up. rui seems good to go.

pack22s

Awards
Thanks for weighing in bud. I'm looking forward to the gains! But of course minimizing sides.

Are you recommending letro in place of nolva, in combo, or just a food for thought in case something comes up while on nolva.
I have read similar threads stating to be cautious if any gyno-esque sides come up while on nolva - some would think to up nolva dosage, but it seems recommended to add in letro instead. For the reason you are stating (nolva may aggravate).

Either way, thanks for the heads up. rui seems good to go.
I would use nolva, but maybe aromasin along side it to prevent an estrogen rebound after pct. The letro I'd have on hand just in case any gyno symptoms arise.

Skipper999

Awards
W2D2
This past Saturday I may have felt the first effects of the halodrol. After my run my knees felt incredibly sore. I always wondered what dry joints really meant/felt like, but it immediately made sense after the run. How can a joint feel dry? You'll know it when it happens!

Anyways, I upped Taurine to 3g and it hasn't really been bad since (still feels a bit weird).

Today, Monday, I felt very strong pumps after the workout. Forearms pumps that actually are painful. I think this as well might be attributable to the halodrol. Otherwise, strength seems about on par (nothing noticeable yet). Diet is dialed in well, and nothing else really to report.

Skipper999

Awards
I also switched to Orange Triad's mv last week, and have felt great while taking it.
My PCT also got squared away!

Skipper999

Awards
Pretty dry feeling joints today. Upping taurine to 4g. Any concerns with that? Other posts seem to say it is ok on an as-needed basis.
Also, I got some USP Labs TestPowder from a friend, and thought I'd use it to cover my DAA to run alongside by Nolva in PCT. Is it a good choice, or would pure DAA (I have AI Sportsd Nutrition DAA) without any extras be better?

Skipper999

Awards
Cycle is going well. No further side effect feelings. Been fluctuating taurine between 2-4g perday based on joints, but it is really a non-issue now. Checked weight for first time and am 192-194. No crazy increases in weights I'm pushing, but feeling good.

I'm on Week3Day2 now and am looking forward to this week. Week 3 is what I've read is where halodrol really kicks in. Next week begins my last 2 weeks and will up dose to 100.

I decided to stick with TestPowder for PCT.

Skipper999

Awards
W4D3
I was hoping to have more to report, but not much of interest...
This week I upped to 100 per day (2 in morning, 2 in night). I have not really noticed significant changes in how I feel. My lifts have increased a bit, but nothing seems above expectation for a 4 week weightlifting routine... I do look bigger, and definitely weigh more, so clearly it is working.

Pumps/dry joints/etc have been a non-issue for the past week. Just continuing along. I am hoping to get a significant change in measurements and the big 3 after cycle.

Skipper999

Awards
W6D2 aka first day of pct.
Nolva didnt pass any taste tests, but no news there!
A solid 10 or so lbs, but I will weigh I later today when I can do measurements.

Skipper999

Awards
So I weighed in and took measurements yesterday. Started this cycle at 185. Throughout the day I varied from 195-202. So, A solid 10-15 pounds at this point. I'll see what I keep after PCT.

My shoulders and neck grew 10%, all other measurements were up about an inch.

At this point I am satisfied with the results of the cycle. Definitely packed on mass. During cycle, I had anticipated to feel completely different and performing at a completely different level, but it was not the case. I have been focused on fitness for a while now, so the only thing different in terms of my day-to-day was the increased pills, eating more, and an increased focus on weight lifting vs bodyweight exercises. I had few side effects which were easily manageable (sore joints, slight head pressure). My lifts definitely increased as well; some question on my part as to how much the would have increased with vs w/o the halo.. I was not at a plateau beforehand, I just didnt focus on weight training. Regardless max bench went up just under 10%, deadlift max up 10%, leg press max up a good 15%. Mil press up 15%, squat up 5% (although my gym switched to a new power rack mid-cycle which took some getting used to). And then of course the overall added mass which I am excited to carve up!

One of my biggest concerns to this cycle was the effect on my endurance. My training is heavy on running, swimming, and biking, and I had been unable to find much evidence of peoples' experiences on cycle and the effect it had on their endurance training. Obviously, more than the PH plays in here. If you are eating to bulk you will be adding more mass, etc, but I was interested to see if halo had any effect +/- regardless. I did definitely eat to bulk, and I did feel a bit more sluggish beginning late week 3 (no real effects prior). Weeks 4+5 I had a general tired feeling which I can't directly attribute to halo, but I feel is partially responsible. As a result, I focused on completing my cardio workouts as prescribed and not focus on times/splits. I had a feeling that they were much slower than normal. After doing some baseline tests on running and swimming yesterday, I can at least say that for a 3-mile run and 1-mile swim my times remained constant. And that is impressive that the times remained the same with an extra 10 lbs. I wish I had more of a scientific head to look into any possible uses for endurance, as I have the perception it is not of the same lineage that would peak Lance's interest.

Any questions on my experiences, let me know!

Skipper999

Awards
Thanks bud.

When you have the time definitely do it. But no use in stressing if you can't right now.
When you're ready and life works, that's when you will get the most out of it.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
H-drol is not a progestin to my knowledge. Tren/19-Nor products are.

H-drol is dry, dry, dry. It is normal to see water retention in the nipple while on cycle, even if the stuff doesn't aromatize. Nolva blocks the estrogen receptor at the nipple, causing an exact reverse and prevention of gyno symptoms and water retention.

mbrane

mbrane

Awards
Pretty dry feeling joints today. Upping taurine to 4g. Any concerns with that?
For future reference, cissus, hyaluronic acid, chondroitin, glucosamine, and MSM are intended for joint health and lubrication. Taurine helps more with back pumps.

Skipper999

Awards
Thanks for the info. It helped at least psychologically, but I will def recogniz the difference in the future.