Pushing the Limits - 7 Weeks on Epi

RJW719

RJW719

Awards
  • Established
I am going to be logging a cycle of Epi-Strong, its an Epi clone dosed at 15mg per cap.

I am a 27 year old male, and this is going to be my second cycle. First cycle was H-Drol and that was about a year ago. I am going to be using this cycle to try and recomp a little bit. Right now I am at 14% bf and I would like to see that come down a bit.

I am planning on pushing things a little this time though. Assuming everything is going well and gains have not dropped off and sides are not too extreme, I will run this for up to 7 weeks and maybe up to 60mg/day. I am going to be running AI cycle support to help keep my organs happy. (As happy as they can be while running a methyl)

Now, I am not saying I am FOR SURE going to be running the epi for 7 weeks. If my body feels like sh*t around week 5, then I stop the Epi at week 5. If I am feeling good and am still seeing strength gains then I will keep going up to 7 weeks. Bottom line, I will be listening to my body.

I will be having BP read every 3-4 days. Right now I am usually right around 116/75 so hopefully BP wont be too much of an issue on this cycle, especially with the AI cycle support.

(*Edit* Goals and diet are listed in post #8)

THANKS FOR FOLLOWING ALONG!

RJW719

RJW719

Awards
  • Established
Cycle Layout, Supps & PCT

Cycle Layout

Epi-Strong – 30/45/45/45/45/45/45 (I may bump up to 60mg starting week 4 depending on gains and if sides aren't bad.)

On Cycle Supps

AI Cycle Support
Glucosamine, MSM, Hyaluronic Acid
Fish Oil
Multi-V
Whey

PCT Layout

Nolva - 20/20/20/10
DAA - 3 gr/day for 6 weeks starting day 1 of pct
Erase - Will start around week 3 (not sure how I will dose it yet)
Endosurge – Start day 1 of pct and will run for 8 weeks
Lit-Up – Preworkout
*plus all of the on cycle supps

csa2179

csa2179

Awards
For 7 weeks u'll proabably need to increase the dosage at the end, but that's comes down to how u r responding

RJW719

RJW719

Awards
  • Established
For 7 weeks u'll proabably need to increase the dosage at the end, but that's comes down to how u r responding
Yea, originally I was thinking to do something like this: 30/45/45/45/60/60/60

This is my first time using epi though, so I thought I should start out with a more conservative approach and see how i respond and up the dose as needed. However, I might drop the second week of 30 though and bump it up to 45 starting the second week.

csa2179

csa2179

Awards
To dosage erase, use airbornes method... Start week 1 of pct 1/2/3/3/2/1.

Second what r ur goals with this cycle, reason I ask is personal I would run a test base like 4ad from AMS, and I would mix in some trenazone or trenavar cuz the are awesome. Sure it's a little extra money but the addition of tren is pretty nice . Id run trenazone at 2ml for 6 weeks or trenavar at 60-90mg for 8 weeks.

csa2179

csa2179

Awards
And 7 weeks of epi isn't really that wild. Maybe look in to some UDCA.

RJW719

RJW719

Awards
  • Established
To dosage erase, use airbornes method... Start week 1 of pct 1/2/3/3/2/1.
Thanks man, that sounds like a good way to go.

RJW719

RJW719

Awards
  • Established
Goals For Cycle

I am going to be recomping during this cycle.

I am planning on eating about 300 cals over maintenance on days i lift and will be eating right at maintenance on cardio and off days. I might tweak this depending on how things are going on the cycle, but that works pretty well for me when I am natty. I have never tried to recomp on cycle before. Last time was an all out bulk.

I will be drinking 1.5-2 gals of water/day

My macro breakdown is going to be around 50/30/20 (p/c/f) on off days and closer to 40/40/20 on lifting days.

I use an app on my phone and track every single thing I eat or drink.

Ultimately I would like to drop a couple BF% while gaining some strength.

csa2179

csa2179

Awards
U should real consider adding tren it will cut u up nicely, or furuza but epi will already dry out ur joints do that might really dry u up

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am using cycle support on a ternavar /protomax stack and bp readings have been good the whole cycle

I am pre contest and have been using ec stack with alpha yohimbine so calories are lower and no extra fat or carbs or simple carbs or anything, bodyfat is extremely low and I kept it low year round so this helps a ton.

if my bodyfat is 15 % or so and I use ec bp readings are moderate like 120/80. I think bodyfat levels play a huge role and thats why I am a big believer in staying lean, not tipped, lean, year round

RJW719

RJW719

Awards
  • Established
Subbed. Heard nothing but good about Epi
Thanks for following along! Yea, a lot of great feedback out there on epi, I am really excited to be trying this compound!

I am using cycle support on a ternavar /protomax stack and bp readings have been good the whole cycle

I am pre contest and have been using ec stack with alpha yohimbine so calories are lower and no extra fat or carbs or simple carbs or anything, bodyfat is extremely low and I kept it low year round so this helps a ton.

if my bodyfat is 15 % or so and I use ec bp readings are moderate like 120/80. I think bodyfat levels play a huge role and thats why I am a big believer in staying lean, not ripped, lean, year round
Glad to hear the cycle support has kept BP readings normal!

RJW719

RJW719

Awards
  • Established
So I decided to bump up the start date to tomorrow. I have already been preloading my cycle support and joint support for over two weeks, as I was planning on preloading everything a little longer than the 2 week recommendation. So I am g2g there!

So tomorrow morning will be the first dose.

daniel11

daniel11

Awards
  • Established
FWIW - I am in my 6th week of Epi recomp. I had to bump to 60 @ wk4. My cycle has been 30/40/40/60/60/60

So far my body is still handling well. I added MENT at week 5 to help my lethargy which has been my only side and started late week 1 or week 2.

I have enough Epi to go another week so I too will be venturing past the 6 week mark. :)

RJW719

RJW719

Awards
  • Established
FWIW - I am in my 6th week of Epi recomp. I had to bump to 60 @ wk4. My cycle has been 30/40/40/60/60/60

So far my body is still handling well. I added MENT at week 5 to help my lethargy which has been my only side and started late week 1 or week 2.

I have enough Epi to go another week so I too will be venturing past the 6 week mark. :)
Yea, I have heard a lot of people say they felt they needed to go up towards 60mg. If thats the case for me, so be it. I have a ton of this Epi-Strong. I got a bunch when they (Mr.Supps) discontinued it and were having a BOGO sale.

Glad to hear you have been virtually side free even at the higher doses! Hopefully I will have as good of luck.

How much past 6 weeks are you planning on going?

daniel11

daniel11

Awards
  • Established
most likely only an extra week. Maybe a a few extra days beyond that if I still have caps left and body is cool.

BeastMode 1

BeastMode 1

Awards
And 7 weeks of epi isn't really that wild. Maybe look in to some UDCA.
grab aegis. thats what i just did.
you'll only need one bottle. itl run you bout 40 bucks, but IMO its worth the xtra support, especially for longer 7-8 weekers

RJW719

RJW719

Awards
  • Established
Day 1

Alright, today is day one! Obviously nothing to report yet. I am off from the gym today but will be back in tomorrow. My dosing schedule looks like this:

8am - 15mg Epi and 3gr fish oil
Noon - Cycle support, Joint support, multi-v
4:30 - 15mg Epi and 3gr fish oil
9pm - Cycle support and Joint support

I am planning on sticking with that dosing schedule throughout the cycle. Once I up the dose to 45mg I will take 2 caps(30mg) with my 8am dose. That is also my preworkout dose as I usually start working out around 9 or 9:30.

Also I picked up some taurine today to combat any possible back pumps.

RJW719

RJW719

Awards
  • Established
Day 2

Weighed in at 204 this morning. I want to get another bodyfat reading done soon too. I had it tested a couple weeks ago and it was at 14%, im guessing it is still right around that.

Followed the same dosing schedule as yesterday.

Still to early to make any comments yet.

BeastMode 1

BeastMode 1

Awards
how did you test it??
bf scales and calipers are helpful. I use both.

they arent totally accurate, but when you are bulking/cutting, they def are helpful in determining if your bf% is changing.

RJW719

RJW719

Awards
  • Established
how did you test it??
bf scales and calipers are helpful. I use both.

they arent totally accurate, but when you are bulking/cutting, they def are helpful in determining if your bf% is changing.
My buddy is a trainer at my gym and he tests it for me using a 7-point caliper test. I know they aren't totally acurate but thats ok with me, I only use the numbers to help track progress. The way I look in the mirror is more important to me than the exact numbers.

BeastMode 1

BeastMode 1

Awards
My buddy is a trainer at my gym and he tests it for me using a 7-point caliper test. I know they aren't totally acurate but thats ok with me, I only use the numbers to help track progress. The way I look in the mirror is more important to me than the exact numbers.
Agreed^^^

RJW719

RJW719

Awards
  • Established
Day 3

My blood pressure before this cycle had been averaging 116/75. I checked my blood pressure tonight and to my surprise it was 110/63. I thought "that cant be" so I waited a few minuets and checked again and it was at 108/64. I was thinking how can my blood pressure have gone done since starting epi? I think I figured it out though, I quit using any type of stimulants about a week before the start of this cycle. I had been using Maximize V2 preworkout and I would drink a few cups of coffee every morning. So my guess is that the epi hasnt caused any increase at all and removing the stimulants has lowered my BP.

Diet Macros:
Total Cals: 2631
Fat: 83g = 29%
Cho: 180g = 28%
Pro: 279g = 43%

Kinda slipped on the diet today.

RJW719

RJW719

Awards
  • Established
Day 4

Had an awesome workout today. I know its pretty early to be seeing anything from the epi, so it might just be placebo but my endurance was great and I was able to squeeze out more reps than normal.

No sides to mention.

Libido is good, & my junk is still working great. The wife helped me to perform 2 tests today to ensure proper functioning:D

Todays diet macros:

Total cals: 2736
Fat: 65g = 21%
Cho:242g = 36%
Pro: 293g = 43%

BaDgErFaN

Awards
  • Established
Good to hear things are going well so far. Just wait till week 3, then the fun will really begin.

BaDgErFaN

Awards
  • Established
How are you testing your BP? Is it one of those stands in a store or do you own your own BP machine?

RJW719

RJW719

Awards
  • Established
Good to hear things are going well so far. Just wait till week 3, then the fun will really begin.
Thanks bro! Yea I can't wait!

RJW719

RJW719

Awards
  • Established
RJW719

RJW719

Awards
  • Established
Day 5

Off from the gym today.

Noticing a little bit of acne popping up on my face and got one on my shoulder.

BP reading tonight was 115/63

Muscles are feeling fuller and I am noticing a little more vascularity, especially across my front delts.

I am back in the gym tomorrow and will weigh myself and see if there are any changes in weight.

RJW719

RJW719

Awards
  • Established
Day 9

Yesterday I upped the dose to 45mg/day and will be running it at that for the rest of this week. After this week I might up it again to 60mg for weeks 3-7.

Weighed in today @ 207.5. Thats +3.5lbs from the start.

I am noticing MUCH better endurance in the gym, and strength is already starting to go up. Another thing I am noticing is recovery is much better as well. Usually the day after working out if I flex the muscles hit in the previous workout they feel kinda sore, but the last few days I can flex the muscles hit the day before as hard as I can and they feel good and strong.

My wife commented this morning that my "shoulders are looking more defined". My shoulders are definitely the one area that I can also tell are looking better already.

Vascularity is increased all over, but the most in the front delt area.

Haven't checked the BP in a few days but I will be doing that tonight.

No sides to mention other than a few pimples. I have been taking 2gr of taurine before workouts as a preventative measure but not sure if I even really need it. Joints are feeling good. Not noticing any shedding either. So far I am feeling awesome on this cycle!

rabz

rabz

Awards
Good thing you already started the taurine!!! That will probably prevent pumps for sure and allow you to stay at a lower dose throughout. Also you may find that 60mg of epi shuts you down pretty hard. It did me for sure. That said, its nice to see you have a good pct laid out. Good luck and kill it! I loved epi!

RJW719

RJW719

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for following along!

Good thing you already started the taurine!!! That will probably prevent pumps for sure and allow you to stay at a lower dose throughout. Also you may find that 60mg of epi shuts you down pretty hard. It did me for sure. That said, its nice to see you have a good pct laid out. Good luck and kill it! I loved epi!
Yea the taurine seems to be working as I have not yet had any back or calf pumps. Knock on wood. How long did you run epi at 60mg?

what flavor cycle support is it?
Its the orange flavor. I actually like the taste too. I know a lot of people say they dont like the flavor but I dont think its bad at all. I just dump a scoop straight into my mouth, take a sip of water, swish it around and swallow.

Natestreo

Natestreo

Awards
Late....but in. I've been thinking about Epi for a while

RJW719

RJW719

Awards
  • Established
Day 11

Weight held steady the last couple days, weighed in again today at 207.5lbs.

I measured my arms tonight and they are up 3/8in. already. I will take more measurements this weekend and post up how other areas have changed as well.

As I mentioned in my last update, my endurance and recovery is WAY up. I am thinking that I might increase the frequency of my workouts. Currently I have been following a 4 day upper/lower split working out mon, tue, thurs, fri. I think I might switch it up and start doing a 2 on 1 off schedule. That would give me 3 days off between the muscles getting hit and 6 days between the exact same workouts.

Still not experiencing any sides to mention really. The acne on my face has pretty much cleared up, but I have gotten a little more on my back and a couple on my chest. Joints are still feeling good, but I have noticed they are starting to get a little noisy, especially in the morning. No pain or discomfort though.

Diet today:
total cals = 2777
Fat = 66 = 21%
Cho = 258 = 37%
Pro = 293 = 42%

rabz

rabz

Awards
Thanks for following along!

Yea the taurine seems to be working as I have not yet had any back or calf pumps. Knock on wood. How long did you run epi at 60mg?

I ran 45-45-45-45-60 and the one week I was at 60 I just felt wrong. Strength was up good and i couldnt even get sore which is what i love about epi. However, my body just seemed to be running on e. I suppose maximum shutdown would be the best way to put it. By the fifth day of 60mgs my bean bags was smooth shriveled and busting a load was a chore that just wasn't worth the effort. I dropped back to 45 the week after and then wrapped it for a total of 6 weeks. Good news: I recovered with my pct very quick. Within a week my sac was swoll back out and laying pipe was going good. If I did it again I would probably stay at 45 across the board and wrap after week five.

RJW719

RJW719

Awards
  • Established
I ran 45-45-45-45-60 and the one week I was at 60 I just felt wrong. Strength was up good and i couldnt even get sore which is what i love about epi. However, my body just seemed to be running on e. I suppose maximum shutdown would be the best way to put it. By the fifth day of 60mgs my bean bags was smooth shriveled and busting a load was a chore that just wasn't worth the effort. I dropped back to 45 the week after and then wrapped it for a total of 6 weeks. Good news: I recovered with my pct very quick. Within a week my sac was swoll back out and laying pipe was going good. If I did it again I would probably stay at 45 across the board and wrap after week five.
What brand were you using? Was it epi-strong?

Glad to hear you recovered so quick, what did your pct look like?

rabz

rabz

Awards
What e stane by dynamic formulas dosed at 15mgs. Pct was liquid Nolva dosed at 30-20-20-10 along with pro labs horny goat weed which also contains tribulus, maca and something else lol. For being so shut down the pct wasn't as intense as I figured is would have to be.

RJW719

RJW719

Awards
  • Established
For being so shut down the pct wasn't as intense as I figured is would have to be.
Well at least you bounced back fast! My last pct was nolva only, that sucked big time. Thats why I tried to throw as much into this pct as possible. Im actually kinda excited for my pct stack. Hopefully I will bounce back quick and be able to maintain all strength gains.

rabz

rabz

Awards
Well at least you bounced back fast! My last pct was nolva only, that sucked big time. Thats why I tried to throw as much into this pct as possible. Im actually kinda excited for my pct stack. Hopefully I will bounce back quick and be able to maintain all strength gains.
I bet you will bro. I have a very dumb question however. In regards to erase, when they say for example 1-1-2-2-3 I assume they are referring to 1 pill per day for the duration of that week correct. LOL Should be so obvious but I had to ask

csa2179

csa2179

Awards
If u want to bounce back quick add ostarine to ur pct. I was back pressing like a beast within 2 weeks. But I'm also on peptides.

RJW719

RJW719

Awards
  • Established
I bet you will bro. I have a very dumb question however. In regards to erase, when they say for example 1-1-2-2-3 I assume they are referring to 1 pill per day for the duration of that week correct. LOL Should be so obvious but I had to ask
Yep exactly, its the number of pills taken each day for that week.

If u want to bounce back quick add ostarine to ur pct. I was back pressing like a beast within 2 weeks. But I'm also on peptides.
Ok, im gonna have to do a little research. Im not familiar with what that is exactly.

RJW719

RJW719

Awards
  • Established
Day 13

Weight today = 208lbs. (+4lbs)

My joints started to give my some problems yesterday. Nothing real painful, but just kinda achy. Then during todays workout my shoulder started to hurt pretty bad. Weird thing is that about an hour or so after my workout it was feeling fine. I might try and up the fish oil a bit and see if that helps. Would it help to increase the glucosamine/MSM/hyaluronic acid doses as well?

Felt kinda tired and unmotivated for todays workout. Just had to grind it out. Hopefully tomorrows workout will be better.

Totally messed up on my diet today too. Heres todays totals:

Total cals = 3630
Fat = 119 = 29%
Cho = 349 = 38%
Pro = 294 = 33%

So overall today was kind of a bust...