Still researching but could you a little advice.

KrazyGringo

Awards
Stats:
5' 9 1/2''
154 pounds
little less than 7% body fat and in great shape.

I've trying to put on about 12-18 pounds off my first cycle. I know I have a small base but I can't seem to gain weight. I've tried eating 3,200+ calories and 220 grams of protein but still no results worth the money in food. I'm currently taking in about 2,700 calories and 175 grams of protein. I drink a shake in the morning (20 grams of protein), an hour before workout (30 grams), and one immediately after my workout (30 grams). Trying to take in 4 food meals and snacks in between along with my three shakes. I've worked out for 9 months and took a 5 month break and now I'm back to working out 3-4 days a week for the past 6 months.

My first cycle:
Teston QV 250 10/ml; plan on taking 1ml twice a week for 5 weeks.
GP Methan(dienone) 10. 200 tablets at 10mg; 40mg a day for 5 weeks (i heard anything over 50 will make me breakout pretty bad)
GP Clomiphene. 50mg with 30 tablets; I plan on taking these using the pyramid method. Still doing some research on it. But I plan to start taking it during week 5. I've heard I should start 2 weeks into the cycle but as I said, I'm going to read into it more.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
No offense, but if you can't eat enough to gain naturally, the steroids will just put water weight on you.

Running a SERM during a cycle is a waste of it 99% of the time.

You haven't been working out for long enough to have hit a real plateau. You need to change your training style/approach, and get more calories in than you are.

ManBeast

KrazyGringo

Awards
So, if I intake more calories/protein, will the cycle work? Lets say like 3,300/3,400 calories and 225 grams of protein? I know it's only five weeks but I don't think I will need ten weeks.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Howabout you *don't* do the cycle until you gain some more and have spent more time in the gym...

ManBeast

KrazyGringo

Awards
Feels like I'll never be able to get on them. I've went up to 154 from 142 but I've been stuck for the past 2 months. I've been looking at these supplements for like 4 months. Guess I can wait a little bit longer. I'll go back up to 3,300 calories and see if I can't get to 160.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
What does your training look like? How much cardio do you do in a week?

ManBeast

KrazyGringo

Awards
I don't do cardio anymore. I try to hit 5 reps but sometimes I get more but I mainly try to get in 5 reps (until failure) on most of my workouts. Also, I just switched to this method over 5x5. I try to go up at least 5 pounds every week on each exercise. If I can't, I'll drop down 5 lbs and try again the following week. My training is this:
day 1: 4x squats @ 5 reps, 3x hamstring curls @ 5-8 reps, DB or BB row @ 5-8 reps, 3x bicep curls @ 5-8 reps
day 2: 4x bench press @ 5 reps, 3x military press @ 5-8 reps, 3x tricep @ isolation until failure (usually bench dips), 3x calf workout ( usually sitting and standing calf raises).
day 3: off
day 4: 4x deadlifts @ 5 reps, 3x pull ups until failure. Sometimes weighted sometimes just my body weight. 3x leg press @ 5-8 reps, 3x bicep curls @ 5-8 reps.
day 5: off
Day 6: 4x db or incline press @ 5 reps, 3x chest dips until failure. With weights and without depending on the week, 3x lat raises @ 5-8 reps, 3x calf workout.
day 7: off

I found this off bodybuilding.com. If you know of something that is better for me, please inform me and I'll be glad to try it out and give you feed back on how it worked out. Btw, I keep a log of my workout if you need more info.

KrazyGringo

Awards
I don't do cardio anymore. I try to hit 5 reps but sometimes I get more but I mainly try to get in 5 reps (until failure) on most of my workouts. Also, I just switched to this method over 5x5. I try to go up at least 5 pounds every week on each exercise. If I can't, I'll drop down 5 lbs and try again the following week. My training is this:
day 1: 4x squats @ 5 reps, 3x hamstring curls @ 5-8 reps, DB or BB row @ 5-8 reps, 3x bicep curls @ 5-8 reps
day 2: 4x bench press @ 5 reps, 3x military press @ 5-8 reps, 3x tricep @ isolation until failure (usually bench dips), 3x calf workout ( usually sitting and standing calf raises).
day 4: 4x deadlifts @ 5 reps, 3x pull ups until failure. Sometimes weighted sometimes just my body weight. 3x leg press @ 5-8 reps, 3x bicep curls @ 5-8 reps.
Day 6: 4x db or incline press @ 5 reps, 3x chest dips until failure. With weights and without depending on the week, 3x lat raises @ 5-8 reps, 3x calf workout.

I found this off bodybuilding.com. If you know of something that is better for me, please inform me and I'll be glad to try it out and give you feed back on how it worked out. Btw, I keep a log of my workout if you need more info.

KrazyGringo

Awards
Hmm, it saying my post needs to be approved. Not sure why it lets me sometimes and not the others. Maybe cause I put a link in there, huh. I'll try without the link.

If you know of something that is better for me, please inform me and I'll be glad to try it out and give you feed back on how it worked out. Btw, I keep a log of my workout if you need more info.

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
How old are you buddy and are you training intensely?

KrazyGringo

Awards

I found this off bodybuilding dot com.If you know of something that is better for me, please inform me and I'll be glad to try it out and give you feed back on how it worked out. Btw, I keep a log of my workout if you need more info.

KrazyGringo

Awards
I'm 29 and I do a hell of a workout but I think it's a little light with exercises. I push it to the max. I don't quit when I hit my rep goal but quit when I can't put up another rep. I just switched up from workout out like this. Chest: incline, decline, flat, incline butterflies. Not sure what they call it but I workouted two muscle groups a day using multiple exercises for each group. For some reason it's not letting me post my workout until it gets approved. Not sure if it's bugged or what.

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
What are your rep ranges?

KrazyGringo

Awards
What does your training look like? How much cardio do you do in a week?

ManBeast
Lets try this one last time. I don't do cardio anymore. I try to hit 5 reps but sometimes I get more but I mainly try to get in 5 reps (until failure) on most of my workouts. Also, I just switched to this method over 5x5. I try to go up at least 5 pounds every week on each exercise. If I can't, I'll drop down 5 lbs and try again the following week. My training is this:
day 1: 4x squats at 5 reps, 3x hamstring curls at 5-8 reps, DB or BB row at 5-8 reps, 3x bicep curls at 5-8 reps
day 2: 4x bench press at 5 reps, 3x military press at 5-8 reps, 3x tricep at isolation until failure (usually bench dips), 3x calf workout ( usually sitting and standing calf raises).
day 4: 4x deadlifts at 5 reps, 3x pull ups until failure. Sometimes weighted sometimes just my body weight. 3x leg press at 5-8 reps, 3x bicep curls at 5-8 reps.
Day 6: 4x db or incline press at 5 reps, 3x chest dips until failure. With weights and without depending on the week, 3x lat raises at 5-8 reps, 3x calf workout.

I found this off bodybuilding. If you know of something that is better for me, please inform me and I'll be glad to try it out and give you feed back on how it worked out. Btw, I keep a log of my workout if you need more info.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Ok, How long have you been doing that style of workout? Have you ever done a de-load?

ManBeast

KrazyGringo

Awards
Ok, How long have you been doing that style of workout? Have you ever done a de-load?

ManBeast
I just started this style of workout three weeks ago. I've never de-loaded before but I was just reading up on it and I've taken a week off three times in the last 6 months. I didn't drop my weight but I did take off a week. Is this style to light in the exercise department? I'm in great shape and recover quickly.

R1_JKN

Awards
Up your calories. I was cutting at 2500 and 3000 on cardio days (not in gym... biking or swimming etc) when I was bulking last year I was at 4500 a day.

I also have amazingly huge 6" wrists if that says anything about my frame.

More calories. Ground oats and olive oil added to shakes is easy to up them quite a bit... just plan macros accordingly.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
That rep range (5 reps) is more oriented towards strength gains, move the reps to 6-8 or even 8-10, take the set to "almost" failure (as in, you could get one more rep by "cheating" it or with a light spot). No more than 10 sets per large body part, and 6 for smaller ones.

ManBeast

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
Your workout isn't really my cup of tea, I prefer to keep to a push/pull/legs routine or 3 times a week full body. If you want I can pm you the routine that was given to me by the guy I named my stretch marks after. His routine was intense but damn the results were good.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
LMAO Gerbil.

ManBeast

KrazyGringo

Awards
Up your calories. I was cutting at 2500 and 3000 on cardio days (not in gym... biking or swimming etc) when I was bulking last year I was at 4500 a day.

I also have amazingly huge 6" wrists if that says anything about my frame.

More calories. Ground oats and olive oil added to shakes is easy to up them quite a bit... just plan macros accordingly.

I put a package of oatmeal and peanutt butter in my shake in the morning but I guess I can do it throughout my shakes. I use to put olive oil but the taste isn't really worth it, lol. But once again, I guess I can make it work.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Or just shoot the olive oil and chase it with the shake, probably tastes better :D

ManBeast

KrazyGringo

Awards
Your workout isn't really my cup of tea, I prefer to keep to a push/pull/legs routine or 3 times a week full body. If you want I can pm you the routine that was given to me by the guy I named my stretch marks after. His routine was intense but damn the results were good.
Bring it on. I know its week but I figured it would do until I got my stuff. Kinda took it easy because I thought I was going to get on the stuff. So yea, I'll take a intense workout. I've been looking for a good one for a while but it just seems like I dislike each workout for some reason or another. I'll definitely give your workout a try if you think it will put some mass on me.

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
His workouts nearly killed once or twice and he always enjoyed making me laugh on bench. I put on 15lbs of muscle naturally with the routine. And yes sadly I named my stretch marks.

LMAO Gerbil.

ManBeast

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I respect your attitude. I'm glad you are giving it another push natty before jumping on something.

ManBeast

KrazyGringo

Awards
That rep range (5 reps) is more oriented towards strength gains, move the reps to 6-8 or even 8-10, take the set to "almost" failure (as in, you could get one more rep by "cheating" it or with a light spot). No more than 10 sets per large body part, and 6 for smaller ones.

ManBeast
Ok move my reps up, check. Now when you say no more than 10 sets, is that referring to 10 different exercises per large muscle group. I.e., 10 different workout exercises for my quads? Or no more than 10 reps?

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
No more than 10 total sets, and you really don't want to be going above 10 reps, like i said, you want the weight to be heavy enough to reach non-spotted failure at around 6-8 reps.

ManBeast

KrazyGringo

Awards
Ok, I'll adjust accordingly. Thanks for the help and I'll try to be natural for a bit longer. Gerbil, if you can send me that routine, it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the insight, guys!