Swollen87's training log

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
Just got my computer back up and running so i am starting a new log, mainly for myself, but also to open myself up to others opinions about what i could be doing different

been training really hard lately, just finished pct, training natty for a while

i already know that my biggest downfall is that i train TOO MUCH (overtrain)
i love being in the gym so much that i wear myself down.... yesterday i did 225x20 rep squats till i was dry heaving

so, if youre following, please dont hesitate to tell me to take time off- next week i will deload

todays workout was

flat bench
135x10
185x10
225x10
245x8
275x6 felt weak, overtrained/flat

incline db press drop set

100 x 5
65 x 10 no break
30 sec break
100 x 5
65 x 10 no break
30 sec break
100 x 5
65 x 10 no break

standing cable flys supersetted w bw dips

25x10
15 dips

30x10
15 dips

35x 10
15 dips

42.5 x 9
15 dips

overhead db tricep extention

70x10
90x10
100x10
115x8 (failed, again... felt weak)

kickbacks

25x10
30x10
35x10

i was smoked ... lol

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
dry heaving? **** son lol only thing like that i expierenced was when using trenbolone a, i overheated myslef and puked eveywhere at the gym, dry heaved for about 5 minutes.

omg subd bish

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
dry heaving? **** son lol only thing like that i expierenced was when using trenbolone a, i overheated myslef and puked eveywhere at the gym, dry heaved for about 5 minutes.

omg subd bish
YUH!! SCHWELL IS HERE

lol i hear the tren is very hard on the cardiovascular system... im not ready for that OR the suppression yet

my leg day usually consists of me and my brother, and two trainers from the gym AFTERHOURS .... with slipknot BLASTING on the gyms radio system

the whole experience is, lets just say..... motivating :eek:mfg:

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
again, i was smoked today (still from those squats) DOMS kicked in hard

todays workout i kept light

power cleans

135x15
135x15
185x10
185x10

shrugs hit these hard because i almost never hit them at all- usually only deadlifts
135x20
225x15
315x10
315x25 chalk

arnold presses

45x 10
50x10
55x10
60x8 - something is really wrong here, my right shoulder is really banged up, not sure whats wrong, when i was bringing the weights together with my palms facing me (bottm of rep) it felt like it was going to pop

front/side raise pre-exhaust

25x10 25x10

30x10 25x10

35x10 30x10

did some ab work and called it a day, this was by far my weakest i have been this year
i think i can attribute this garbage to overtraining-tomorrow is the last day i will train this week

I AM GOING TO FORCE MYSELF TO STAY OUT OF THE GYM FROM THURSDAY TILL MONDAY

end of story...

my favorite lift of all tomorrow, deadlift - OMG YUH CANT WAIT

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
i was approached at my gym by a trainer and he asked me if i would be willing to do a photo-shoot/interview for a magazine/website.

i said sure... im gunna attempt to post the pics they took

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
okay now hopefully within a few months of this log i will have some good progress

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
YUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sweet man, looks good in here. Dont be afraid to deload for a week or two every 8-12 weeks. Its like one step backward for 3 steps forward.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
Sweet man, looks good in here. Dont be afraid to deload for a week or two every 8-12 weeks. Its like one step backward for 3 steps forward.
youre 100% correct, and i am aware of this.... the problem is....... I lose my focking mind when im in the gym and i cant go 110% as heavy as i want. im going to attempt to promise myself a deload week/2weeks starting this upcoming monday

thanks for following, any pointers along the way would be appreciated

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
squats to a 1 foot box (wayyy below parallel)
45x10
135x10
225x8
315x5
345x5
365x5
405x2

barbell lunges

135x 10 each leg
165x 10 each leg

walking lunges

40lb db 20 paces
50lb db 20 paces
55lb db 20 paces

arms

overhead db extensions
35x15
70x12
90x10
100x10
115x8

superset w/ db curls

rope push downs

dont remember the weight, focused on explosiveness

supersetted with

cable curls

again, dont remember weight did 3 sets each

calves 90x 20 3x

overall, good workout.... started using a belt while squatting, trying to learn how to use it. following kabukis log on here has inspired me to (MAYBE) start powerlifting. i think it would be a good move for me because i have passion for it, just need to learn how to use all the shirts/belts/wraps ect as i am usually only a raw lifter.

made decision that i have proved i can get lean, and it is now time to gain weight.

mentally preparing myself for next weeks deload- unhappy......

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
deloads suck, BUT it gives the cns, and your muscles rest, i found that after I deload- im stronger

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Deload is simple really, I personally deload every 4 weeks as per 5/3/1. But ive learned depending on how your cns is and such that you can, 1) You can take your usuall indicator lift and just do 40-60% of normal weights for a few sets of 5, then continue the rest of the session as normal, 2) same for the indicator, then do about 70-80% on all other lifts and cut volume, quality work but not crazy. 3) 40-60% everything and cut volume. I usually do 2 or 3 personally bc i want to fully recover, also keep cals the same as if your were training 110%, try to get more sleep. Should feel pretty good after a week or so.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
So, yesterday i managed to spend the day with my pops, had a great day swinging golf clubs and stuffing our faces....

i have to say, i am NOT a good golfer.... i hit the ball 200yards ONE time... the rest went like 50yds ..... sad really, my dad was ripping 250yd shots, i was upset

i dont understand sports that dont involve hurting people or physical exertion.

got my re-certification so i can start training people again....

i told myself im gunna deload all week, and im gunna do it...

im planning on using 50% of my 1rm max for 2 sets of 10-15 for all lifts... this will cut volume down and weight substantially..

going to do a bit of prehab/rehab(ham) and stretching/plyometrics each day

its gunna suck, but i know it will be worth it...

OH, sweetlou, if you have any other suggestions of good things to do on a deload week let me know - or anyone else whos following

can i at least still hit arms hard?

Ya Boy A

Ya Boy A

Banned
Awards
Damn deloads suck! Props for putting the ego aside for it.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Honestly just go into this week with idea that your trying to rest and it will pay off the next 8-12 weeks of training hard. Its a give and take. I would do 3 sets of 40-60% of your main lifts weight for 5s. So bench, deadlift, squat ect do that since you usually work the lifts heavy. Then for all your other stuff just lower volume by about 60% sets wise. So instead of 5 sets of pull-ups do 3. Then id do 80-90% of normal weights and dont push to failure. Cut the cardio unless you usually do it already, no need for new stimuli when the goal is cns recovery. So go in, hit some 5s, then just do some lighter feeler sets not to failure, get some blood moving and break a lil sweat. Then leave. lol. Ull feel amazing next monday when you hit it if you just ease up and REST.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
Honestly just go into this week with idea that your trying to rest and it will pay off the next 8-12 weeks of training hard. Its a give and take. I would do 3 sets of 40-60% of your main lifts weight for 5s. So bench, deadlift, squat ect do that since you usually work the lifts heavy. Then for all your other stuff just lower volume by about 60% sets wise. So instead of 5 sets of pull-ups do 3. Then id do 80-90% of normal weights and dont push to failure. Cut the cardio unless you usually do it already, no need for new stimuli when the goal is cns recovery. So go in, hit some 5s, then just do some lighter feeler sets not to failure, get some blood moving and break a lil sweat. Then leave. lol. Ull feel amazing next monday when you hit it if you just ease up and REST.
this is basically what im doing....

i usually do a push/pull/legs split

this week im going eod fullbody HST training ( except lighter, no more than 60% 1rm, and not to failure )

the workout looked like this, today.

squat
135x8
225x5
225x5 i usually do at least 5 sets

SDL
135x8
225x5
225x5 again usually 5 sets

pullups
bw x 20
bw x 20 i usually do these with weight, for 5 or 6 sets

shrugs
225x10
225x10

bent over rows
225x8
225x8 also usually do 5 sets

incline bench
135x8
185x8
225x5
225x5

standing press
135x5
155x5
185x5

skull crushers
70lb x 10 3x

straight bar curls
80lb x 10 3x

a few sit-ups because i feel fat eating like i normally do and not going 150% in the gym

DOES THIS LOOK RIGHT?

focusing on getting at LEAST 8 hrs sleep every night...... this whole thing still doesnt feel right to me....

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i wouldnt change your routine either, its simple really. Get in the gym, get some blood moving and leave, rest repeat. It never feels right. Until you PR the week after lol

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
did some light cardio yesterday, and stayed out of the gym

today im going to devote a few hours to foam rolling my whole body, and eating steak and potatoes.... i might do some pullups/presses later

Ya Boy A

Ya Boy A

Banned
Awards
did some light cardio yesterday, and stayed out of the gym

today im going to devote a few hours to foam rolling my whole body, and eating steak and potatoes.... i might do some pullups/presses later
Hey brah what are the benefits of foam rolling? You got a guide I could look at?

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
Hey brah what are the benefits of foam rolling? You got a guide I could look at?
it helps keep you flexible, MFR = fascia massage - not only foam rolling, deep tissue massage and trigger point/wheel

basically think of a pillowcase, if u stretch it or take the pillow out, it grows

i dont know too much about it in scientific terms - but i do know.... if i stop doing it, ill probably get hurt/feel like crap/ect

try it out... it sucks... right there next to deloading/overtraining

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
Looks good, i love to foam roll
its fun, but nothing like a good deadlift day......

I was off today

workout yesterday was chest/back- dont feel the need to list it because it was a deload anyway;..... i feel like a puss every day in the gym while im deloading....

i have cut my workouts down by 65% at least/..... and my diet hasnt changed at all.... neither has my weight:wtf:

steady LOSING weight... and i am eating at least 4000 cals a day.... i think maintenance is around 3200 so this doesnt make sense....

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just relax about the weight, things will pick up again next week. Deload is a funny week.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
well, deload week is over...

so today i squatted...

squats

135x10
185x10
225x10
275x5
295x5
315x5
335x5
365x3
385x3 stopped here.... i think i need to make bigger jumps when im going up in weight... maybe just too much warming up...

lunges w 75lb dumbells 20 paces, then 20 paces back

did some bootleg glute ham raises (my gym doesnt have a ghr) just had my brother hold my legs down from the floor...

leg extentions

calf raises... they dont grow.....

some notes:

my hamstring is still tight, squat day hurts it, but deadlift day is unbearable.... the initial injury was while doing sprints with a sled.... ever since, it has just not been normal... any thoughts? i properly rehabbed the pull/tear (or so i thought)

ive been getting bi weekly deep tissue massages and foam rolling/stretching every day

any help with a beat hammy would be appreciated.... as it stands, i wont be deadlifting very much any time soon...

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
back day

bb rows

135x10
225x10
275x5
295x5
315x5
335x5

last time i did these i hit 365 for 5... felt like a b*tch today...

pullups

bw x 30
+45x10
+45x10
bw x 10

db curls

30x10
40x10
50x10

decided to just leave at this point..... i dont see the point of a deload if im losing strength the week after

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lol dude for one, your jumps are too small. And a deload is much needed.
For squat try
45x5
135x5
225x5
275x5
315x3
345x3
375x3
405x1
You progress in weight like damn bodybuilder lol. Stop that if you wanna get strong. the last 3 sets should be work sets, everything before that is warm-up.

BB row
45x5
135x5
225x5
275x3
315x3
340x3
365x5 plus

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
Lol dude for one, your jumps are too small. And a deload is much needed.
For squat try
45x5
135x5
225x5
275x5
315x3
345x3
375x3
405x1
You progress in weight like damn bodybuilder lol. Stop that if you wanna get strong. the last 3 sets should be work sets, everything before that is warm-up.

BB row
45x5
135x5
225x5
275x3
315x3
340x3
365x5 plus
i agree...

ill make bigger jumps.... easy w those bodybuilding comments ! lol

thanks for the advice bro

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lol my bad.
np man
easy way to do it is
barx5
40%x5
50%x5
60%x3
70%x3
80%x3
then 90-100%xwhatever your aiming for.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
well, it has happened....

yesterdays workout was shoulders

standing push press

135x10
185x5
225x5
245x3
275x1.5 (second one i felt a pinch in my lower back, i have been stiff and in pain all day today... )

still continued the workout though , probably injured it more

db shoulder press

80x5
90x5
100x5
110x3
120x2

delt raise superset

20 25 30

today i woke up and i feel like i have a slipped disc.... wish i had health insurance,.. guess i just have to work on this myself

so im not going to be deadlifting anytime soon..... hopefully i heal up quickly and dont need any trips to the er

FU*K deloading... im not ever doing it again.... im weaker than before, and now hurt...... sorry lou

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What was your warm up like since you were stiff? Also you took a week off bc you were drained, maybe you coulda done well with 2-3 day off instead.

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sub'd for this ish!!!!!!!! Kill it swollen

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
What was your warm up like since you were stiff? Also you took a week off bc you were drained, maybe you coulda done well with 2-3 day off instead.
I typically warm up 5 mins on the treadmill, and do some Bw squats, Pullups and pushups along with some mobility work depending what muscle group I'm working, its weird bc its my back..I was sweating before my workout began, as always

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Shoulda foam rolled the night before since you were stiff, then again pre lift, added a belt. and kept a lil lighter to avoid injury. Stiffness can result from a deload. Gotta prehab too.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
Shoulda foam rolled the night before since you were stiff, then again pre lift, added a belt. and kept a lil lighter to avoid injury. Stiffness can result from a deload. Gotta prehab too.
I had a belt on, even though I hit 300 before on oh press...... and wrist wraps(usually hurt my wrists)I foamroll my whole body morning and night .... I think it was just that I got out of the groove and broke form...

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
@ the beach for the weekend.... off from gym.... everyone have a happy and safe 4th

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
ok... so i jsut got back from the shore, 2hr ride home... sh*t was dope..... problem was, i ate like a pig all weekend long from thurs-today.... didnt even attempt to keep things clean...

i had a large ice cream every night, as well as an additional carton of snickers flavored ice cream....

and now for good measure, i finished the day off right with a half box of coco pebbles.....

i am full of guilt and shame

Ya Boy A

Ya Boy A

Banned
Awards
Haha I feel you man. My gf loves ice cream so for a whole week she would bring me a pint to eat by myself. Had to make her stop!

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
my girl is the same way, she eats like a damn viking... (actually a viking diet is probably pretty clean)

she eats cheeseburgers and drinks soda all day and stays tiny

Ya Boy A

Ya Boy A

Banned
Awards
She asian by any chance? Mine is just like that.

morry

morry

Awards
  • Established
Swoll!!! Late, but def here bro. We are going thru the same crap with deloading and injuries. Lol. We got this tho.

Pics were looking good, no homo.

I'm starting my next cycle in the middle of AUG. Can't wait. Glad to see you are doing well tho!

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
Swoll!!! Late, but def here bro. We are going thru the same crap with deloading and injuries. Lol. We got this tho.

Pics were looking good, no homo.

I'm starting my next cycle in the middle of AUG. Can't wait. Glad to see you are doing well tho!
MORRY WHATS GOOD BRO

havent spoken to you in a while... thanks for the compliment...

august already? wow..... im itching already, but i think im gunna stay natural for a little while.. keep me posted on the cycle..... and if you have any reccomendations/comments about this log lemme know! always down to learn new stuff

btw guys, i recently took a re-certification course for personal training.... im now training a few people in 2 gyms by me.... pretty exciting to get back into something i miss..

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
todays workout

squats
135x10
225x8
275x5
315x5
335x5
365x3
385x3
405x1 felt awesome... could have hit 3 i think, but let it be..... back hurts a little

lunges w 80 lb dbs
60 paces

sumo dl

135x10
225x10
315x5
365x5
405x3 wasnt trying to hit high numbers here, just trying to work on form.

havent been able to really deadlift lately, my hamstring is still really focked...

i think its time to call my massage therapist.... active release is needed

on another note, i saw a buddy of mine in the gym today, he looked like he lost 25 lbs.... i asked him wat had happend and he rolled up his sleeve and ripped a bandage off, and under was a 2 inch gash.... he spent 5 days in the hospital after getting a sterile abcess and letting it go for too long....... scary sheet man.... more ammo for me to stay natty for a while.... kid almost lost his damn arm, he was bruised/yellow from his shoulder to halfway down his forearm...

note to self: steroids can cause stuff like that.... use with caution

morry

morry

Awards
  • Established
MORRY WHATS GOOD BRO

havent spoken to you in a while... thanks for the compliment...

august already? wow..... im itching already, but i think im gunna stay natural for a little while.. keep me posted on the cycle..... and if you have any reccomendations/comments about this log lemme know! always down to learn new stuff

btw guys, i recently took a re-certification course for personal training.... im now training a few people in 2 gyms by me.... pretty exciting to get back into something i miss..
Been too long. Still hitting hard when I can. I put on some weight for the 4th and I'll have some fun shredding it right back off. I'm about to add cardio back in, but keep the weights around where you got them, prob less for deadlift. I need to heal. I had a bad accident that nearly killed me, but I managed to get through it and here I am. Ready to cycle and cut down even more. I'm always down to help bro, you know that, but I think I learn just as much from you as you do from me IMO.

Keep killing it

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
bent over rows
135x10
225x10
275x5
315x4-really felt beat, decided to cut it short here.... felt like a b8tch

kroc rows
150lb db x 20

bi-chins
3x 25

curls
95x10
135x10,10

hanging leg lifts
4 sets of 12

wheelodeath
3 sets of 12

oblique crunches
+25lb db 3 sets of 10

weighted situps
+45 3 sets of 10

all in all, good day... back is just a little sore still.... shouldnt have even tried....

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
squats than dling? sheesh lol no wonder hams are beat up

do you wear a belt when you row? and whats angle of you back to the floor?

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
squats than dling? sheesh lol no wonder hams are beat up

do you wear a belt when you row? and whats angle of you back to the floor?
i usually deadlift on back day only, but i decided to mess around with some sumos on leg day since they involve more hip/glutes... i didnt even hit 80% of my 1rm on the sumos..

i usually try not to use a belt, i try to be a completely raw lifter.... i even avoid chalk if i can

some days i wear one, some days i dont.... but i never use one for anything under 315..

ill post up a video one day to show how i row..... on kroc rows, im usually at about 45 degrees, when bb rowing, i bend over a bit more....

the bar goes way below my knee at the bottom of each rep....

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
i usually deadlift on back day only, but i decided to mess around with some sumos on leg day since they involve more hip/glutes... i didnt even hit 80% of my 1rm on the sumos..

i usually try not to use a belt, i try to be a completely raw lifter.... i even avoid chalk if i can

some days i wear one, some days i dont.... but i never use one for anything under 315..

ill post up a video one day to show how i row..... on kroc rows, im usually at about 45 degrees, when bb rowing, i bend over a bit more....

the bar goes way below my knee at the bottom of each rep....
ah gotcha. if im maxing on squat, pulling 315 is a struggle lol. i dont do that stuff im spent after it

bah, use a belt and chalk, they'll both help. straps n sleeves on the other hand... no no!

figured it was 45ish. was jw. but for real, use a belt on dem. thank me later. using a belt isnt gonna make you a ***** if that whatcha thinking :yup: just make sure its a real belt, like inzer forever 10mm:hump: