Kidney or Liver problems?

01Lightning

Awards
I'm just on my 3rd week of M-drol. The sides haven't been so bad, a few back pumps here and there, a day or two of being lethargic. But now starting yesterday I've had a little dull lower back pain, as if they were my kidneys..

Then today I had a lighter color stool, with a little bit of blood on a part of it.

Should I be worried?

B

Bid

Awards
What color was the stool? Generally, I don't think it matters...

Was the blood lighter or darker?

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
If the blood is dark then go get checked ASAP, if it's a normal red color blood (think of the same blood color as the blood from scrapes or cuts) then I wouldn't lose sleep over it quite yet.

O

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
Grey stool is a sign of cholestasis. What supports are you on? I would get some SAMe or TUDCA.

Is your urine "foamier" than usual?

K

kain1012

Awards
I'm just on my 3rd week of M-drol. The sides haven't been so bad, a few back pumps here and there, a day or two of being lethargic. But now starting yesterday I've had a little dull lower back pain, as if they were my kidneys..

Then today I had a lighter color stool, with a little bit of blood on a part of it.

Should I be worried?
Get Liver Longer by ThermoLife it is a TUDCA product and man is it good!!

It may be expensive ,but how much does your liver mean to you?

01Lightning

Awards
Urine is normal..Blood didn't look unusually dark or anything..looked like normal blood, it was a streak on top. The stool wasn't brown it was just alot lighter in color than usual..I may just be psyching myself out..You think the pains in my lower back are just mild backpumps??

B

Bid

Awards
Sounds ok to me ... blood thats normal reddish color is nothing to worry about, but if you want to know for sure go to the doc.

If it only happened once I REALLY don't think it's a big deal.

01Lightning

Awards
thanks for the help and responses everyone.

01Lightning

Awards
I dropped the m-drol wensday because my back was so painful. It's now friday and my back is still bad. It's the left side under my ribcage, a constant pain. it even prevents me from sleeping, even after taking melatonin and diphemhydramine.

I don't think it's backpumps because it's a constant pain. I've tried drinking more water and taking taurine and it hasnt helped. I took 3grams wensday, bumped it up yesterday to 9grams.

The only time it seems to be better is when im in a hot bath or a sauna. other than that its 24/7, even laying down and relaxing.

B

Bid

Awards
Go to the Doc, sounds like kidneys to me... not sure though with the location of the pain

O

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
I dropped the m-drol wensday because my back was so painful. It's now friday and my back is still bad. It's the left side under my ribcage, a constant pain. it even prevents me from sleeping, even after taking melatonin and diphemhydramine.

I don't think it's backpumps because it's a constant pain. I've tried drinking more water and taking taurine and it hasnt helped. I took 3grams wensday, bumped it up yesterday to 9grams.

The only time it seems to be better is when im in a hot bath or a sauna. other than that its 24/7, even laying down and relaxing.
Check your blood pressure, please. Elevated BP + blood volume can cause kidney pain due to how much thick blood is being forced through. I'd also add in a little aspirin to thin the blood. Avoid ALL stimulants for a couple weeks. I'd add cranberry juice as a matter of course just in case, although I don't have a lot of faith. If this doesn't get better soon you need to consider seeing a doctor. Donating blood would help too, I believe.

Reduce sodium intake and get some hawthorne berry and coenzyme q10 to start with.

N

NavyMuscle29

Awards
Just out of curiosity how much protein are you taking in? Last week i was getting kidney pains on and off after intaking 400 grams pro/20 grms creatine/50 grms BCAA/600mg caffein for the last 16 weeks and working out for a few hours a day in an 100 degree enviroment. I cut the shakes down to twice a day as well as upped my water intake/dropped the creatine and my kidneys went back to normal. It was pretty freaky cause every time i drank a shake my kidneys would burn for a solid week lol...

01Lightning

Awards
I think it was a muscular problem..My grand dad is a doctor so I called him up and asked him, he was out of town so he said take some advil..If it's muscular then it'll take the pain away, if it doesn't go away go to the ER.

It took the pain away, but I'd have to take advil every 4hrs or it'd come back. But as of right now, I haven't taken any and I'm not experiencing any pain.

@Navymuscle I was taking roughly 200-250grams of protein a day, 30grams of creatine, and proboly about 200-250grams of caffeine.

C

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Were you on any kind of liver support such as SNS Liver Assist XT, Thermolife Liver Longer, etc.?

N

NavyMuscle29

Awards
30 grams of creatine? Holy **** lol.. I doubt thats the problem.. but still, thats dedication.. lol.

01Lightning

Awards
lol. but yeah i checked my bloodpressure when i was having the pain it was 138/78. which is apparently prehypertension. pains gone now, just checked it, 114/65. So iguess that was the problem. but if it was a bloodpressure issue from
the mdrol, i dont get how advil and heat would take the pain away

P

polarbearbear

Awards
I think it was a muscular problem..My grand dad is a doctor so I called him up and asked him, he was out of town so he said take some advil..If it's muscular then it'll take the pain away, if it doesn't go away go to the ER.

It took the pain away, but I'd have to take advil every 4hrs or it'd come back. But as of right now, I haven't taken any and I'm not experiencing any pain.

@Navymuscle I was taking roughly 200-250grams of protein a day, 30grams of creatine, and proboly about 200-250grams of caffeine.
were you doing this on cycle? Thats way to much creatine brah, no wonder your kidneys were in pain. Ad caffeine into the mix while seing sides from a harsher ph...

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
30 grams of creatine a day is way too much. Its not pain from High Blood pressure, thats ridiculous. Just sounds like muscular pain to me.