A big thanks to everyone

YFNspiderman8

YFNspiderman8

Awards
Currently 23yr 5'8" 172lbs

Im fairly new to these forums and in my two months(?) here Ive learned quit a bit, Ive even met a new goal thanks to the help/advise here on the cycle threads.

One of my new year resolutions was to finally hit 315lbs on a bench max. I did that on thursday...I actually did more with out knowing it. It turns out the bar I was using was a 50lb(?). One of the trainers said it was thats why it was thicker than a regular bar.

As a kid in HS the goal was to hit 95lbs my freshman year. Thats NOTHING but when you are 5'6 120lbs as a 13yr HS freshman that is a lot. Then it turned into trying to hit 135lb and it just went up from there.

For the longest time after that the goal was to hit 225lbs. That took me a while to get too. I didnt do that until I was in college. But I still kept it high bc of my weight. Being 172lbs and maxing out at 225lbs is great.

BUT I then starting repping 225lbs. Ive read in several muscle mags that if you can rep 80% of your body weight you are doing great. Well I'm repping 130% and I feel that if my friends weren't so lazy and worked out with me Id be doing better.

I dont go as heavy as often bc its ALWAYS better safe than sorry. I also notice that my joints dont keep up with my muscle. They are what give out first and make me stop lifting for the day.

So there I was just doing my upper body routine when all the benches were full and one guy was just standing around. He was just waiting around so I asked him if he wanted to work in.

He decided to work in and so we started spotting each other. By this time I had done about half of my sets. He moved up to 315lbs and hit it 3x's....I told him about my resolution and so he said I should try it. I told him my previous max was 285lbs. So there we I went. I got psyched and went for it. I did the lift on my own, came down to the chest and just as I was getting stuck on the way up, I flexed the abs, arched the back and powered through with the triceps to locked out and use the chest. SUCCESS! I high fived the guy and fist pumped like a champ! I had met a new goal.

I think I can go higher. Had I not done half my bench sets I could of gone higher I think. I then proceeded to do about 4 more sets just to finish up.

Whats the next goal? I was thinking something crazy like 405lbs. But its just ridiculous. I think I want to get to the repping point of 315lb and be chill bc that much weight is hard to handle and the joints take a beating.

But again just a big thanks to everyone on here for sharing knowledge and helping me accomplish this goal.

btw_ now that my cycle ends in a few days Ill be taking Revolution PCT.