First Anabolic- Ostarine log *Bulker*

Grizvok

Awards
I'm 22yo 6'2 180lbs 13-14% bf and just started lifting again 4 months ago after having rock climbed for the past 3 years (I lifted for 6 months or so in highschool prior to climbing). My FINAL goal is 200 lbs at 8-9% bf....short term with this ostarine cycle I'm not sure but hopefully around 5 to 10 lbs of mass or more depending on what is possible with this compound on a bulk.

Diet: 3500 calories...200g protein...400g carbs...120g fat

Lower
Upper
off
Lower
Upper
off
off

Kick started dosing with 50mg first two days then 25mg next two days then 12.5mg/ed until the bottle is gone.

xxxmx.net osta

Today was my first day taking the ostarine and I did legs today.

Squat 3x6-8
RDL 3x6-8
Leg Press 2x10-12
Leg Curl 2x10-12
Standing Calf Raise 2x12
Sitting Calf Raise 2x12

2die4

2die4

Awards
Good stuff man you will feel it maybe after your 5th day ;)
I got me 2 little blue bottles from the same place(good deal) and i love this stuff i will use this soon for my next cycle pct.Right now im just test in it as a stand alone and its great except the nasty glue taste and my lips are dry almost all the time, i drink water like a fish lolz :D
Ic you trying to get 10lbs hmmm i doubt you will but 5lbs for sure man anyway everybody is different so work hard and eat like a horse good luck :)

Grizvok

Awards
Good stuff man you will feel it maybe after your 5th day ;)
I got me 2 little blue bottles from the same place(good deal) and i love this stuff i will use this soon for my next cycle pct.Right now im just test in it as a stand alone and its great except the nasty glue taste and my lips are dry almost all the time, i drink water like a fish lolz :D
Ic you trying to get 10lbs hmmm i doubt you will but 5lbs for sure man anyway everybody is different so work hard and eat like a horse good luck :)
Thanks for the response...I'll shoot for 5 lbs or so of mass gain...if I do indeed hit 5 lbs after my 5-6 week cycle what would you say should happen to my bodyfat? Should it be similar to when I began?

I just hit the gym and did upper body...was a nice workout but nothing out of the ordinary quite yet.

3x6-8 Flat Bench
1x10 BW Dips
1x8 BW+15 Dips
1x6 BW+25 Dips
2x6-8 Incline DB
2x6-8 BB Rows
2x8 Pullups (next upper body will include some weighted pulls)
3x8-10 Cable Rows (I really like these)
2x10-12 Rear Delt Flys

I did abs after...I pretty much only do two ab exercises which are cable crunches and hanging leg lifts.

I trained fasted today so now it is time to eat like a maniac.

2k1s

2k1s

Awards
  • Established
I put on 4.5 lbs during pct on this. I think you should be able to put on 5 lbs easily since you are new to lifting.

either way, subbed.

Grizvok

Awards
I put on 4.5 lbs during pct on this. I think you should be able to put on 5 lbs easily since you are new to lifting.

either way, subbed.
For the most part all of my lifting has been strength (in the 6-8 rep range) and while this is my favorite rep range and what I'll probably continue to do in the future I'm wondering if I should change it up to 8-12 on the majority of lifts and if mass gain would be better? I do sort of want to take advantage of the strength increases on osta though and really push my lifts.

Grizvok

Awards
Off to the gym for a lower day...I crushed an entire large pizza with grilled chicken and sausage last night and am looking carbed up (and good) in the mirror...I feel good too.

12.5mg/day dosing starts today...I might bump it up after reading russianstar's newest write up where he suggests 25mg for the strongest anabolic affects...but that will come later or maybe near the end of the cycle.

2k1s

2k1s

Awards
  • Established
entire large pizza? lol how many calories are you trying to consume?

Grizvok

Awards
entire large pizza? lol how many calories are you trying to consume?
I'm eating around 3000-3500 or so. I don't follow the old school and dis-proven "5-6 meals a day." I had 2 cans of tuna, 4 pieces of whole wheat toast, and hummus for breakfast. Drank a decent amount of milk throughout the day then ate the pizza at night. I think I hit my macros nicely...

Today I had a protein shake when I woke up, shift meal at work which was chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes, drank a few cups of whole milk at work, and am eating two footlongs from Subway right now.

2k1s

2k1s

Awards
  • Established
I'd just be worried about putting on a lot of fat consuming 2000 calories in one sitting. If you've got the metabolism from getting fat from doing that, more power to you. I roughly 3 meals a day... I say roughly b/c my lunch is spread out for about 3 hours so I don't get hungry at work.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah 5-6 meals is weak; I eat 9-10 everyday.

Edit: ok I miss read your post about 5-6 meals a day.. You said it's disproven? Not sure I understand

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Eh I aim for 4 meals a day at about 800 cals each. I also snack in between on almonds and Greek yogurt. some peoples lives don't allow for 6-8 meals a day. I'm subbed. Super interested in this!

Grizvok

Awards
Yeah 5-6 meals is weak; I eat 9-10 everyday.

Edit: ok I miss read your post about 5-6 meals a day.. You said it's disproven? Not sure I understand
bodyrecomposition.com/research-review/meal-frequency-and-energy-balance-research-review.html

e-spenjournal.org/article/S1751-4991(10)00054-5/abstract

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20339363

I'm not trying to be an ******* but I've found people on anabolic forums in general are out of touch with the newest science.

Go look up leangains.com as well. TONS AND TONS of people following intermittent fasting (training completely fasted without eating a single thing) and then binge eating after working out to get their calories in (the binge normally occurs at night). Guess what? It works fine. Why would fat gain be increased 2k1s? Calories in versus calories out.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^^ I agree and I'm not trying to jump this log and try to debate nutrition :) I was just thrown off when I read the post about "disproven 5-6 meals". Meh, let the muscle building continue!

Grizvok

Awards
^^ I agree and I'm not trying to jump this log and try to debate nutrition :) I was just thrown off when I read the post about "disproven 5-6 meals". Meh, let the muscle building continue!
Indeed. I am dosing 12.5mg of ostarine as we speak and am going to be hitting my upper body in the gym today.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
bodyrecomposition.com/research-review/meal-frequency-and-energy-balance-research-review.html

e-spenjournal.org/article/S1751-4991(10)00054-5/abstract

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20339363

I'm not trying to be an ******* but I've found people on anabolic forums in general are out of touch with the newest science.

Go look up leangains.com as well. TONS AND TONS of people following intermittent fasting (training completely fasted without eating a single thing) and then binge eating after working out to get their calories in (the binge normally occurs at night). Guess what? It works fine. Why would fat gain be increased 2k1s? Calories in versus calories out.

If you check out my join date I'm pretty new to this "anabolic site". I was not disagreeing with you at all but, was looking for facts that support your claim. Which you provided and I will defiantly read.

Just wanna throw this out there since you're trying to add muscle. I didn't get to be 230 lean pounds (never used hormones) by fasting. However, I did join this site to learn how to become bigger and more anabolic so thanks for the links bud.
:)

Grizvok

Awards
I'm beginning to notice it and it has been 7 days so far. Muscles feel harder especially since I've been eating closer to maintenance the past week or so...I thought I might start lower on the calorie side of things and see what happens after the first week and readjust later if necessary which I will likely be doing.

I drank half a gallon of milk through the day today. Ate two cans of tuna with hummus and 4 slices of whole wheat toast, and I'm about to go grab something small from 7-11 as well as drink some protein before bed. Need to go shopping tomorrow badly for some staples.

HondaV65

HondaV65

Awards
  • Established
5-6 meals disproven?

I don't think so. You can say that body building sites don't keep up with the latest science - but not all "science" is good science. Hell, so-called "scientists" just upped the recommended daily servings of fruits and veggies from 5 servings to 8. Seems 5 servings had no impact on life expectancy - so, they figure - hit the gas pedal and require more servings!!

When there's not an ounce of evidence that any servings are really required.

Can anyone possibly consume EIGHT freakin' servings of fruits and veggies?

I'll stick with the tried and proven methods I was taught - over several decades of training myself and training with others. You might have the metabolism to process 3 meals without storing fat - but it's doubtful you'll always have it.

One thing I keep coming back to ...

Over all the years I've been working out ...

Mr. and Mrs. Average American are always out there trying to gain the physique they desire. Scientists and nutritionists have always been trying to help them - yet ... the ONLY people who seem to be able to really control their physiques are BODY BUILDERS. And, when you think about what they do - cutting and bulking - turning on a dime from muscle building to fat elimination - it's pretty damn amazing.

And it's a skill that's handed down from generation to generation - never ignoring science - but at the same time placing common sense and results at the first metric of success.

Grizvok

Awards
5-6 meals disproven?

I don't think so. You can say that body building sites don't keep up with the latest science - but not all "science" is good science. Hell, so-called "scientists" just upped the recommended daily servings of fruits and veggies from 5 servings to 8. Seems 5 servings had no impact on life expectancy - so, they figure - hit the gas pedal and require more servings!!

When there's not an ounce of evidence that any servings are really required.

Can anyone possibly consume EIGHT freakin' servings of fruits and veggies?

I'll stick with the tried and proven methods I was taught - over several decades of training myself and training with others. You might have the metabolism to process 3 meals without storing fat - but it's doubtful you'll always have it.

One thing I keep coming back to ...

Over all the years I've been working out ...

Mr. and Mrs. Average American are always out there trying to gain the physique they desire. Scientists and nutritionists have always been trying to help them - yet ... the ONLY people who seem to be able to really control their physiques are BODY BUILDERS. And, when you think about what they do - cutting and bulking - turning on a dime from muscle building to fat elimination - it's pretty damn amazing.

And it's a skill that's handed down from generation to generation - never ignoring science - but at the same time placing common sense and results at the first metric of success.
LOL.

That was so dumb I won't even dignify you with a response.

HondaV65

HondaV65

Awards
  • Established
I'm officially heartbroken.
No one's trying to put you down but honestly - at 6'2" and 175 pounds - can you really call yourself an expert on gaining lean mass? Not yet I don't think - maybe someday though.

Seriously - not trying to dis you here - we've all been where you are now - and we were ****y too I guess.

Well good luck - I just ate my fifth meal of the day while typing this! :fingersx:

2k1s

2k1s

Awards
  • Established
This log seems like it is going to end up like zamaman's. I'm unsure as to why people are resistant to following the crowds as far as nutrition goes. I've read that as far as losing weight goes, there isn't any advantage to eating 3 meals a day compared to 5-6. It is just easier to manage psychologically eating very little when you know you're going to eat again in a few hours.

Bulking? People get fat from over eating in 3 meals a day. You're trying to improve your physique, why be lazy when it comes to diet?

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
It seems to me the number 1 rule cals in v. Cals out is being over looked. I am not saying eat it all in one meal. But the difference in 4 or 6 meals to me is not ad important as meeting my daily macros. Find what works best with your body and your schedule.

I follow the fasted training. I love it but I eat 40% of my daily cals after my work out then go to work.

Grizvok

Awards
No one's trying to put you down but honestly - at 6'2" and 175 pounds - can you really call yourself an expert on gaining lean mass? Not yet I don't think - maybe someday though.

Seriously - not trying to dis you here - we've all been where you are now - and we were ****y too I guess.

Well good luck - I just ate my fifth meal of the day while typing this! :fingersx:
I'm 6'2" 180 lbs. And please. I CHOSE rock climbing instead of lifting. Thinking a current "status" has anything to do with knowledge is a cop out.

YOU are NOTHING compared to Alan Aragon or Lyle McDonald. NOTHING. These are top names in the REAL nutrition industry who have trained countless people and YOU sir have nothing to say against THEIR studying, training, and research.

Grizvok

Awards
This log seems like it is going to end up like zamaman's. I'm unsure as to why people are resistant to following the crowds as far as nutrition goes. I've read that as far as losing weight goes, there isn't any advantage to eating 3 meals a day compared to 5-6. It is just easier to manage psychologically eating very little when you know you're going to eat again in a few hours.

Bulking? People get fat from over eating in 3 meals a day. You're trying to improve your physique, why be lazy when it comes to diet?
Except I am not lazy. I hit my macros with 3 meals because they are big meals and even though I am pretty small I can eat HUGE amounts. Downing 2 chiptole burritos in one sitting? No problem. Downing two footlongs from subway? No problem once again. These are EXAMPLES. I eat very healthy 90% of the time. Milk, oats, steak, chicken, black beans, tuna, whole wheat toast, hummus, pb, almonds, evoo...the good **** is my staples...how ****ing often you eat has been shown in double blind studies to NOT MATTER. I mean show me RECENT pubmed or published medical journals showing the opposite and I'll say hey I was wrong. I work a ridiculously hectic job at a restaurant. I don't have time to eat 6 times a day as if it were my job. And in case you didn't see 3 meals HAS BEEN PROVEN to be better in terms of satiety than 6 meals. I FEEL BETTER eating 3 times a day or less because I feel full for a longer period of time.

As I also said look at the RESULTS of people from leangains.com as well as the very credible studies they post and maybe instead of being an ignorant dogmatic **** you'll read. That was aimed at the "honda" dude.

Grizvok

Awards
Did an upper body workout on Friday and I felt pretty good.

3x6-8 Flat BB BP
1x10 BW Dip, 1x9 bw+15, 1x8 bw+25
3x8x55lbs incline db
3x6-8 BB Rows
3x8 Pullups
3x10 Shrugsx185lbs
3x10 Cable Rows 120lbs
Leg raises and cable crunches.

Grizvok

Awards
Today was Monday so I did a lower body workout today. I got to the gym a little later than I wanted to so I had to shorten my workout and I decided to just squat and deadlift.

3x6-8 Squat
4x6-8 Deadlift
3x10 Calf Raises

I needed to get to work but when I got there was allowed to leave so I just went back to the gym... and did more squats and deadlifts.

2x6-8 Squats
3x6-8 Deadlifts...did 1x5x205lbs as my last set and it felt quite easy.
2x8 Leg Press

Upper body workout tomorrow...plan to really push myself...maybe trying dips with 35 lbs since I did bw+25 for 8 reps on Friday.

Grizvok

Awards
Upper body workout yesterday...felt good strength is up. This is the 13th day on ostarine.

3x6-8 BB Bench
1x10 bw dip, 1x8 bw+15, 1x5 bw+35
2x6-8 Incline Db Press
3x6-8 BB Rows
2x8 Pullups
2x8-10 Cable Rows

Grizvok

Awards
Lower body yesterday...

3x6-8 Squats
3x6-8 RDL
2x10 Leg Press
2x10 Leg Curls
2x12 Calf Raises

Lower back was still a little bit sore from the deadlifts earlier in the week...the lower back pump was insane today though.

About to head to the gym in the next 15 minutes to hit upper body.

Blacktail

Blacktail

Awards
  • Established
I'm 6'2" 180 lbs. And please. I CHOSE rock climbing instead of lifting. Thinking a current "status" has anything to do with knowledge is a cop out.

YOU are NOTHING compared to Alan Aragon or Lyle McDonald. NOTHING. These are top names in the REAL nutrition industry who have trained countless people and YOU sir have nothing to say against THEIR studying, training, and research.
I think the IF research and 3 meal a day research is as sound as it gets. Although 5-6 meals a day is proven to work as well. I would never call anybody nothing if they have achieved the goals they set out to do , with the knowledge they acquired and put into use. If someone is getting results with what they like and are happy with it , kewl. IF not, you know for a fact you need to try something different.
Are you updating this log with pics btw?

Grizvok

Awards
Had a good upperbody workout Friday, slammed some Chipotle then went climbing for 2 hours later in the day. Ate tuna, toast, pasta, chicken, black beans, and milk.

3x6-8 Flat BB Bench
1x10 bw dip, 1x8 bw+15, 1x8 bw+25
3x8 Incline DB
3x6-8 Barbell Rows
3x8 Pullups
2x10 Cable Rows
2x10 Rear Delt Flys

raptor20561

Awards
damn people! stop hating on his food schedule. if it works for his body and schedule then it WORKS...

thanks for the log. planning a pct?